Gardenin' Dirty
[html]

let's do this thang! sing the title to the tune 'ridin dirty'. predated to the 21st

Dirt, dirt, dirt. Skye was being here a lot, she noticed - she was in the dirt yet again, checking on her plants. One of them was wilting - tsk, tsk. You shouldn't wilt, planty. She peered closer and saw that it was browning and yellowing - no doubt losing a battle to the snow. Despite Skye's many attempts to feed the plants with peels and spray them with water throughout the day as well as clearing out the snow, some of the plants were still dying. She talked to them every day, but it was no use - some plants just weren't strong enough.

She had dug up a few worms - it was the winter, and the worms weren't plenty, but she had enough to distribute nutrients throughout the soil. She let the worms loose in the garden and saw them as they, seemingly delighted, burrowed into the snow-free dirt and made the garden their home. The worms would eat through the dirt and wiggle through it, and worms were good for gardens. They made them more healthy.

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#180+

[/html]
'Hi!' J'adore smiled. He'd been watching the woman for a while. The winter had made gardening harder for Luperci, so her patience was creditable. He frowned and moved closer, 'Why don't you dig 'em up and take 'em inside, or burn fires around the keep them from frosting over?' he asked-slash-suggested. He'd tried gardening as a child, but had killed off most of the daises he had collected, from over watering, fiddling with them, leaving them in the Spanish sun too long or maybe a collection of these. The worms wiggled around in the dirt, like fish on the floor before burrowing like rabbits into the soil. 'Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order' he mused. Worm food, J'adore giggled mentally. ’It’s better than being brunt though...’ J’adore mused. Jumping out from his daydream he smiled at the female, ’Want any help?’ He didn’t know much about plants, but he could take instructions as well as he could give them. ’You got a scarecrow?’ he asked, maybe he missed it and there was one, but now he was in a conversation he didn’t look up.
[html]

She looked up as J'adore spoke. She wasn't startled by his presence; on the contrary, she had known he was there for a while. She had just forgotten - immersed in her work. As he asked why she didn't take them inside or burn a fire around them, she replied; "Inside, there isn't enough light, although I could probably build something..." She thought on that for a bit - maybe after the winter, she would build a sort of greenhouse to protect her precious plants from being destroyed. She then listened as he asked why she didn't build a fire around them. "That'd be bad," she said immediately. "A fire would dry out their leaves and make them dehydrated; there's also the possibility of them catching on fire and burning up. And if the fire spread to Thornbury, that'd be bad as well." No, there were too many risks in that plan to build a fire around the plants, although she did wish she did have a magic heater that would warm, feed, and water the plants for her.

Skye shrugged at his offer for help. "Press these into the dirt," she said, handing him a few rotten banana and apple peels. She then began to show him how, pressing them into the dirt. She shook her head when he asked if there was a scarecrow - she didn't have one, but maybe she would make one later. This J'adore was full of good ideas.

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#252+

[/html]
He looked up, there wasn't a scarecrow. 'Ah, there was a dog back in the homeland who made a greenhouse and lit fires in winter, but he was a scientist so he measure the distance... Actually I'm not sure what he did... something like that' J'adore mused. He nodded and knelt down, he pressed his rotten load into the dirt, with the knid comment 'I could fix you up a scarecrow, I can find loads of junk in Halifax, steal some hay from the stables...' J'adore brushed the dirt from his golden paws. J'adore shook his head, 'What you need is one of them human 'lights'. Human had candles that worked on 'electricity', J'adore had learnt much about humans from the vast inteligence of his country men, about the rumoured electricy and what not. Though some of the infomation was missing or tweaked, J'adore had heard a lot of versions and being a logical person, he'd fixed together a probably answer.
[html]

A scientist that had a garden and made it live in the winter by lighting fires? Skye would have to ask her father about that, perhaps - he was as close to a scientist as she could get. Or maybe she'd borrow a book from Halifax and find out what there was to know about gardening from there - she was sure the humans had plenty of knowledge about pants and how to keep them alive, seeing as how they had gardens when they were still alive. She was sure that they'd have lots of secrets and hints about how to keep their gardens - and hers - in good health fro the winter. After all, they had technology and things like that - if they could figure out how to fly, go to the moon, and drive around in 'cars', she was sure that they would be able to find out what made plants grow and help her harness that to help her own plants.

As they both pressed the rotting peels into the dirt, J'adore had something to tell her - he said that he would create a scarecrow for her garden if she liked. She turned to him and smiled. "Thank you, J'adore," she said. He was the first to help her with keeping her garden in top shape - others helped sometimes, but never did they make an offer like that. She continued to press the peels into the ground. Today was one of the days J'adore was visiting Valinta - Skye wasn't sure what Shawchert thought about that, but she didn't mind too much. As long as nothing bad came of it, Skye was the rather lax co-leader.

"Maybe," she said. "I'm not sure if the ones that still exist work, however. I'll just have to wait for the spring, when the sun comes out and all the plants blossom." She couldn't wait until the clouds parted and the sun came out and her plants, all grown and green and big and beautiful, produced flowers and berries of their own. That would be the day all of Skye's hard work paid off.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#361+

[/html]
He finished with the peels and sat, he reached for his bag, producing a sketchbook and pencil. He made a crude stick body and the made a rough sketch of it's clothes and finally, added a list of what he would need, 'I'll work on that when I get home. I'll need to get windchime pipes, scares the birds, you see'. Humans were intresting things he''d found a car in Barcelona, an Audi Quattro if he remembered rightly. Birght red and surprisingly little rust. It was busted though, it didn't work no matter what he did to it. J'adore smiled, 'They ran on electricy, I'm pretty sure that's gone extinct now...' It was a shame, it was an amazing, if mythical substance. His mind flicked to pack matters and he suddenly asked, 'Have you spoken to Shawchert yet? About me hanging around. I don't mean to intrude but... you know'. He hadn't spoken yet with the alpha of 'the paint pack' as J'adore nicknamed it. But he was a huge thing and J'adore didn't feel like getting into a confrontation. He didn't want his children to grown up fatherless.
[html]

Skye nodded at J'adore's mention of chimes scaring away birds. She knew that was true - she had read about birds being scaredy cats and the such, and were easily afraid of noises that weren't familiar to them. She didn't want birds to come during the summer or spring and eat all the berries in her garden that would undoubtedly grow - she wanted the berries and flowers for her pack, and nothing more. She would have to look for some chimes, or help J'adore look for some later.

The subject suddenly changed, and it was like J'adore had read her mind again. Trying to shake off the unnerving feeling that he somehow could, she shrugged. "I haven't spoken to him about it yet," she said. "I don't know how he'd react." It was true - although Shawchert, the leader of the pack of Cercatori d'Arte, was a good wolf, kind and gentle, he didn't like outsiders or trespassers very much. And even though Skye said that it was alright for J'adore to visit Valinta from time to time, she wasn't sure if Shaw would like it much, since J'adore was from another pack entirely. He was also hanging around a lot - she was sure he wasn't dwelling too far away from the borders if he could just pop in like this so quickly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#236+

[/html]
'It's not like I'm really doing anything wrong though. Our packs are ajacent and with my speed it takes me little time to cross the Dans. And it's not like I'm coming here for no reason'. No, he was here for a very important reason, his family. To be honest he had seen a glace of Shawchert, he was a huge guy, and J'adore had no doubt he would be floored by him if it came to blows. Or perhaps his speed would aid him... weither way after his fight with Alaki, he didn't want a confrontation with anybody till his wounds healed. Valinta's arm punch was enough to make him sore, and she was half his size. Imagine what the Cercatori alpha could do! He shook his head and frowned, 'No I don't want to get on the wrong side of him... But he can't just chase me off for visiting the person I'm courting, and he can't just chase me off for seeing my children! Id oubt he'd be that immorale'. But J'adore didn't know, he wouldn't want a war between the two packs, god no! He'd heard about the Dahilian wars, and that made him grateful he'd join the peace pack.
[html]

Skye frowned. No, he wasn't doing anything particularly wrong, but he was from another pack, and this was claimed pack's territory. She didn't want other packs to start thinking that Cercatori d'Arte was full of pushovers and that they could stroll across the borders whenever they liked - the memory of that coyote that had fought her and then run away stayed fresh in her mind for a long time. She didn't need another one of those, and no doubt they would come if they thought her pack was weak. But she had given him permission to stay in the pack for a while, although she had to talk to Shawchert about it - putting it off wouldn't help in the least.

As she continued to press rotting leaves and peels into the ground, she heard his next words...get on the wrong side of him? She glanced at J'adore. "If you do get on the wrong side of him, you'll have the entire pack to worry about," she warned. She knew where his mind was leading - his eyes showed it. If he was considering fighting the alpha...he was going about the entire thing the wrong way. He wasn't going to fight him - but if he did, Skye would be behind her friend all the way. She wouldn't want to fight Valinta's mate and best friend, especially not while the dancer was pregnant, but if J'adore caused trouble...her pack came first.

"And he most certainly can chase you off," she said dryly. "He can chase you off for eating an apple if he so chooses to - he's the alpha of the pack; your being here is a privilege." She didn't want to be so sharp to J'adore, but if he couldn't understand that the alpha of the pack could do what he wanted to, and that this was his land and not J'adore's, then he wouldn't be able to stay here for long.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#342+

[/html]
J'adore lowered his eyes, 'Not to put myself on anybodys bad side, but wouldn't he hear someone out first?' He was still angsty about Shawchert, J'adore himself would do the above if he was alpha, but then again he was a very relaxed person. But honestly chasing someone out of packlands for eating an apple seemed stupid. But of course Sky meant it hypathetically, and the alpha was probably a nice, reasonable person. But even though J'adore was half minded about the alpha he had no prior thoughts about a confrontation, he was more of a speech type person. J'adore nodded, 'I know it's privelage, But as I've said I'm not here to cause problems and I'll go around every pack myself and say 'Cercatori are not pushovers, I had to fight for their trust' if it would help our situation. I could also lie and say your members cause these scars, except for with Anathema, Alaki did this... But then again that would be dishonest and I'd would feel wierd lying... I don't like lying'. No J'adore wasn't a lier he was just trying to make sure his family was safe, hopefully this situation would blossom into a friendship or at least neutrality between the two packs. 'I don't want to fight' he sighed pickingup a handfull of loose dirt and dropping it back down. 'What next?' he asked, eager to help.
[html]

lalala~ want to finish this up soon?

Skye turned back to the dirt and shrugged, finishing pressing the peels and now working on spraying the plants with water. To be honest, she wasn't sure how Shawchert felt about it - he seemed a bit off-color lately, but whether that was due to the weather, the recent drama, or nothing at all, she wasn't sure. It may have something to do with J'adore, but she had to ask him about it, first - and that had to happen soon.

"You don't have to walk around and say anything - just don't start a fight and you won't have one," she said. She knew Shawchert well enough to know that as long as J'adore didn't create any trouble, he wouldn't chase the man out of the pack or start a fight. She wasn't sure J'adore's intentions, however - he kept bringing up fights, as if one were inevitable and they were the only solution. If worst came to worst, she was sure that she'd be able to prevent a fight - but the only way to truly prevent a fight was to be calm and relaxed and not on edge. Besides, she didn't want J'adore to walk around saying that Cercatori d'Arte had scarred an AniWayan that would be a father - that would no doubt cause a war. Her head grew fuzzy, and the worrying in the pit of her stomach increased. "Just don't start a fight," she said again.

She looked down proudly at her plants, then back to J'adore. "That's about it for gardening," she said. "Thanks for helping me." She was glad that the man had helped her, and grateful, too - she would talk to Shawchert soon and mention his helpfulness as well as Valinta's child.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#306+

[/html]
'No problem' J'adore smiled 'Good luck with them'. He stood up and wave goodbye before walking home. The spaniard took on last look at the treehouse and smiled, he was pretty sure Skye had sorted out his fears. Hopefully the alpha would understand, of course J'adore only planned to spent an hour or two here every two or three days to check up on his 'family', and then when he knew his pups were fine, he supposed he'd visit less. But again it depended. Hopefully Valinta would move packs and he would not have to intrude. It felt rude. When he arrived at home his guide was perched on the table. 'Hi' J'adore greeted her. Ptitsa nodded and said [u]'Hello[/b] she used her beak to 'smile'. J'adore headed off to his study and picked up a book of myths and legends. He put it down after while and thought for a while, it was the usual, or a more sutible term 'usual for the circumstances'. His first thought was Wasn't it funny how he had chosen his house, pick the biggest one. 'Cause you never know when you'll need space. He sniggered happily and reopened his book.