Joining
1. Character Name: Star Kenon
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 28 October 2010 is my wolf's date of birth
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: She is a Regular wolf
4. Species: My wolf is 75% gray wolf and 25% arctic wolf
5. Gender: My wolf is a female
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): My AIM is xthelostbrotherx
7. Currently played characters: This is my first character
8. How you found 'Souls: i found Souls on google when i looked for a wolf rpg

Initial post: When Star was born her father and mother where killed. For miles Star walked then at last she smelled a wolf pack but wasn't sure she should join. she carefully walked up to the boarders thinking of how she should act. She was only a little older then four months so she wasn't sure how to proceed with the steps. She has learned from experience no to invade on others territory. So she stopped at the boarders. She then tried to howl as best as she could with what she could do.

She wasn't sure if anyone would come to see her, or if anyone heard her small howl. As she waited she stood there with hope that she would be excepted. she then had a a memory of what her parents used to do when approaching a new pack. So she tucked her tail between her legs, lowered her head towards the ground. Her blue eye where excited to finally find a home and be with a pack. It was dark out and all she could see was a graveyard from where she was standing, it also looked like it was going to rain soon.
[html]

ooc;; Hello and welcome to 'Souls! <33

It was getting colder, the air becoming more frigid depite the fact that it had come past the worst of winter. The snow had long since melted but the rains and storms were beginning to make their way in a sweeping motion across Nova Scotia. There hadn't yet been any serious storms, a few droppings of rain here and there that made it impossible for the young Jager to complete his house. He'd managed to get the roof beams up, but the planks of wood being used to make the actual wood were still in storage at Conor's house. He was almost ready to leave, his few meager possessions wrapped up to take to his new cabin. He still had a lot of work to do on the inside, but once it was waterproof he would be away. It wasnt that he didnt love living with Conor and Bris, but Eclipse was becoming more active, Melee and Range had been active for a while now and the energy of the house was catching up on him.

His newly appointed role of Jager meant that he was well within his rights to accept somebody into Dahlia. He had yet to do so, but the excitement of it all had him out at the borders a few times a day, checking to see if anyone was wanting to share a bit of his paradise. It was simple, take a direction and make a few patrols. He had chosen the east this time, out by Flanders Field and the cemetary. This was where he had found Ascher again after Saul had gotten lost all that time ago. He liked the place, it was calming and relaxing despite the fact that there were hundreds of dead bodies beneath the ground. This was the place Saul had settled when a thin and wavering howl broke through the air. His heart leapt in his throat as he jumped up.

Saul would probably be joined by Conor soon, but at least he could get to the loner first and question them. Long powerful legs took strong strides forward and it took only moments for Saul to discover the small body low to the ground. He was reminded of Siku a few days ago when she had come seeking refuge on Dahlia's borders. He'd almost trampeled on her she was so low to the ground. The pup, as she appeared to be, was outside the borders and therefore must have been taught some manners. Saul approached with a quiet and calm tone to his step. Kind eyes looked down at the dark pup, a small smile on his face.

"You appear to have ended up at our borders sweety... are you okay?"

He said softly, hoping the pup wasnt scared or injured. She seemed okay right now, but he didnt want to charge in there and be aggressive at all. Sitting, Saul sought to relax this even further by his position. Hopefully, he wouldnt be too scary.

word count;; 499

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Star thought she saw a movement from afar, as it got closer she started to see a wolf form. she was scared a little but trying as hard as she can not to show it. she stepped back just a little to give the wolf some stopping room. the kindness the wolf showed was to her the best thing that has happened. Her heart gave a jump overpowering her spirit. she was very excited to be here.

The wolf spoke with a small smile. Star barely able to speak " I..I am s..scared, but I...I am okay. I...was trying to look for h..h..home."

Star Still standing for respect wasn't sure if the wolf was suggesting anything by sitting. She herd a loud crack and yelped.
[html]

ooc;; We'll make this short and sweet! <33

His suspisions were correct- as soon as he arrived she had begun to physically shake. Though it was cold out here, it wasnt enough to make one shiver. And therefore Saul would only guess that it was from fear. Saul had come across this reaction on more than one occasion- Scorpius had been terrified of him and Siku had been pretty scared until she realised Saul was harmless to most people. It wasnt as if he was scary looking- he had no scars, he had both his eyes and his ears were intact. He wasnt really muscled, nor did he look like he was a warrior. But it was something to do with the fact that he was Pack-wolf and they were loner that seemed to intimidate them. Of course, this was what it should be like and Saul knew he shouldnt take it personally.

Her stutter came through and Saul allowed the small smile to fade from his lips. He didnt want to seem like he was mocking her for being scared and the smile could be interpreted as patronising. His tail flickered back and forth however and she explained why she was here. He had guessed as much already, but needed the confirmation of her words so that he couldnt just assume that that was what she wanted. He nodded softly at her, trying to reassure her that she was okay and it was alright to be scared.

"Its okay, I'm not going to hurt you. Im glad you're okay though. Whats your name sweety?"

He didnt want to scare her, he wanted to reassure her. He kept his tones soft and light with an easy look to him that said he was friendly enough. Of course, he wasnt a push over and he wouldnt take any funny business from anyone. Still, he doubted he would get it from this little female, she was harmless. He would ask her where she came from next, see if he could put together a picture of where she came from.

word count;; 339

<style>
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
She settled a little, now knowing that this wolf would not harm her. This wolf is not like any others she had met, therefor no reason to be scared. knowing this made her a little more at ease. The wolf looked like he cared about loners and not to dispose of them quick. She always tried to remember what her parents did at situations like this. She went in to a deep thought remembering her dead family. She then smiled like all the fear was washed away. but still knew to respect the pack wolf.

With the fear gone she spoke sweater the sweat."I am glad you came out. You are not like most wolves, your gentle. My name is Star, Star Kenon. If I may ask though what is yours?'

After remembering her family she was back to normal forgetting about the trouble she went though to get here. Another loud crack went off but this time she didn't yelp. She was to happy to feel fear. She also knew that loners like her self should show a little more respect. But she thought to herself that life is getting better.
[html]

ooc;; <33

Saul knew that his calming words and attitude to this pup had done the trick. She physically relaxed although she kept hold of her submissive pose, which Saul was impressed with. He remembered his reintroduction to Dahlia- collapsing on the border too starved and exhausted to move any further. His Aunt Bris had found him and taken him home, an act of kindness that he would never forget. He loved his aunt very much and now he loved his little cousin, who was also a product of their leader, Conor Soul. Saul always laughed to himself how the two of them still hadnt become mates, despite the fact that they lived together and had a child together. Bringing himself back into the conversation Saul looked down at the little female with now home.

She started with a compliment and Saul practically beamed at her. He was sometimes a fickle man, not yet one years old but still considered mature enough to be within the adult ranks. It was a privalege to him, but it also meant that he was praised less because of this. The little female had lightened his evening with that one little compliment. His tail thumped against the ground as she explained her name- Star it appeared. It was a cute name, although Saul wondered what it would be like to be named Star when she was old enough to be in the same position he was.

"Its very nice to meet you, Star. My name is Saul Stormbringer... Although Saul is fine."

His voice was still soft and soothing, but she had picked up on the fact that he was no danger and she was little and defenseless. He heard a crack in the darkness and smelt the air for a moment. To the pup it must be scary but Saul could smell the mouthwatering scent of groundhog making its noisy way through the woods encompanssing the eastern points of Dahlia. Although Saul wondered why it was being so noisy, his attention was on the little pup- Star. She looked very rough, her coat hanging in clumps around her. She also didnt look as though she'd had a proper meal in weeks, if not all her life. She would never have been taught to hunt- she looked to be about four months from the gangly paws and head that she was yet to grow in to. For the second time Saul wondered where her parents were.

"Where have you come from Star? Where are your family?"

Saul asked directly. There had been a time when Saul was younger that he was on his own. His mother was dead and his father was not cut out for parenting. They had been returning to the Stormbringer pack, he Shiloh and Ascher with their father. A storm had separated them and Saul had found his way back here- he'd stayed ever since. Perhaps she had a parent living like he did, or maybe they were both alive and she was just lost. Patiently he waited for an answer, tail swinging softly back and forward in the night air,

word count;; 519

<style>
</style>[/html]
As she looked at Saul, She was most likely wonder the same thing he was. She smelled a groundhog near by, she then looked towards the direction. With a mouth watering and a pair of eyes wanting to eat it, but yet she stood there respectfully, as a wanderer should do. She was very distracted with the groundhog making noises but she tried to stay on track. Looking back and fourth between the groundhog and Saul, then the feeling of a home got back to her, so she payed more attention to Saul.

"It's also very nice to meet you Saul! I have walked for miles, so I am not sure where I came from. All that I know was that my mother and father where killed trying to protect me. I also have two older brothers and one older sister. They took off after my parents where killed."

At this point she was about to cry but she held it in to show she wanted to be in a pack. As she was thinking of her sibling she lowered her almost to the point her nose was a couple of centimeters from the ground.
[html]

ooc;; <33

It seemed she has spotted the groundhog now and Saul gave a little chuckle to himself. He'd missed this part of his childhood- the incessant curiosity in the world around him. At four months, Saul had just left Dahlia with his father and siblings, leaving Gideon behind. He'd gotten lost not long after that and his playful attitude hadn't surfaced until his return to Dahlia- he'd been much more focussed on survival. However, Star seemed to have kept hold of her playfulness and curiosity, which was a bonus. He smiled softly down at her as she decided to give Saul all of her attention. He knew it was distracting but she seemed to understand that she needed to focus on this meeting.

However, the soft smile faded as she explained about where she'd some from and where her family was. She had family- older brothers and sisters. But they didn't appear to want little Star. Pity seeped into his green eyes and his ears flickered back as he looked down at her. He wanted to comfort her, make sure she was okay with the hand fate had dealt her. He knew there was really nothing he could say- nothing could take away the feelings of abandonment by ones own family. She was an orphan and she would fit right in in Dahlia. Briefly he wondered if Conor would have any problem with the little female going to live in the large Victorian house that had unofficially become home to all orphans accepted into Dahlia. The little pup could have his old room when he left if she wanted to. He would ask her.

Star, I'm so sorry about your family. Do you want a home in Dahlia?

It was a blunt question but he did really feel sorry for her. He would put her up in the old Victorian house for tonight and then ask her if she would like to stay there in the morning. She might fancy sleeping outside, but Saul would give her the option to have a warm house to stay in. Green eyes watched the little girl to see if she wanted to join his pack.

word count;; 361

<style>
</style>[/html]
With a very humbled smile she got excited to finally have a home she could call home. Her entire body felt like pounds of sorrow was taken from her. Her tail was wagging as fast as the wind would let it. she let loose a small howl of excitement. Then the answer was clear.

"Yes Saul I would love to have a home in Dahlia!"

She pranced in one spot with so much excitement that it felt weird to her.
[html]

ooc;; <33

The excited young puppy seemed to burst out of herself when he asked her the all important question. Of course, there was no way to prolong this meeting and find out more about her- in fact there was really no point. She was a puppy of about four months old. She had no skills that would be benefitial to Dahlia and she was not good at anything other than apparently surviving. But the point was, she was here to learn and to become an asset, even if they did have to look after her and provide for her for another five months. It didnt really make much difference to him- he would care for all of his pack mates no matter what they contributed back to the pack. It would one day come about that he might need Star and she would do well to remember it. Her excited voice squeezed at the young mans heart and he stood up.

"Well then, I guess you'd better come home with me then!"

His warm reply was accompanied with a soft snort. Padding over he gave her a soft lick to the head, embedding the first pack scent on her head that would soon build until all she smelt of was Dahlia de Mai. The smile that etched on his lips was something akin to pride- inside he was overflowing with happiness that he had accepted his first member into Dahlia, even if it was only a puppy. But puppies, were after all, the future of the pack. Tail wagging softly behind him Saul turned back and gazed out over Flanders Field for a moment. The Virgin Mary church loomed in the darkness but it was a peaceful looming. He glanced back at the young pup to make sure she was following.

"You can stay with me tonight, little one. In the morning, we'll see if we can find you a place to live!"

He murmered softly before slowly padding back through Flanders Field. The puppy would no doubt follow him closely- these were strange lands for her after all. He thought briefly of his brother and his adoption of the two stray pups he now called niece and nephew. He could understand it now.

word count;; 373

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.