This one's for you
[html]
Out of Character

OOC: <3 Post Dated January 31, 2011

In Character

Shawchert had been having it slightly easier than he had a few weeks before. Things had calmed down. Or at least that’s what he thought. His mind was still in scrambles. He wasn’t sure what to think right now. He was going to be a father… but not to the one he wanted to be mates with… he still wasn’t sure how Sky felt about it. He knew she knew, in a way. What if… she didn’t care for him anymore because of it? She had forgiven him in some way when he slept with Orin… but at that time they were not courting each other.

He was sitting on Sky's porch thinking about what he should do… he wanted to dote on Sky, and make sure she was a happy woman. Right now he was not having any luck. He wanted something special for her. Sighing he looked down at his flute, then started playing a soft, calming tune looking out at the streets that had been cleared by wandering feet. It was nice to know that everyone was still going about their business even in the cold like this. He felt his stomach groaning… he’d skipped a few meals to keep Sky and Orin from going hungry. Their stores were to a minimum with the number of wolves there were. It was hard to keep up with them. He just didn’t know how he could help anymore than he already was.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.
ooc text: Sorry if I blabbered a bit in the first paragraph; its just Elaine's way of thinking. <3

In Character

Elaine was stepped down a cobbled stone road, her footsteps pattering softly against the cold, olden street. Though there was a small path where no snow could be seen because of many paws crunching it into nothing, it was still a chilly touch to the Lovato woman's paw pads. Sometimes, her stray thoughts often lead her to thinking why can't someone made some sort of projection of Luperci feet? Then again, it'd be strange strutting around in some cloth over your toes, her reasonable side contradicted. This is how she usually spent her time, arguing in her mind about the good and bad points about the strangest of topics.

Her nose was shoved into a book with a faded front, with a pencil clutched in her left hand as she scribbled down notes in it. Every so often, Elaine would glance at one or two buildings, pausing for a moment to take a good gander at them. Then, she'd shove the book back up to her face and documented something; she was told that she could take residence in one of the emptied houses in Thornbury, and she was making a small compile of information for each house she passed, to pick the best one. She walked past two human-abandoned stores, and as predicted she looked up at them for their flaws and strengths. But, both had the scent of canines, and they looked occupied. Elaine thought that maybe she was finally come up to the cluster of wolves who already taken home here, and scrawled down that these two homes were taken.

After she walked away from the two stores she took a turn to the left. She continued down the street, still scribbling down notes when she pasted up another taken house on the right to her. There was fresh canine scent there as well, so she didn't have to look up to see that it was taken. But, Elaine's dark mocha ears twitched; she heard the sound of an unknown noise that she had never heard before, but it was undoubtedly music. She then stopped in her tracks, and peered over her little book. There was a man on the porch, holding something long and circled near his mouth. "Hi,"she greeted quietly, her ears perking forward with interest at the music. It was unfamiliar to her, but it sounded nice, and it made her want to pull out her guitar that was slung over her back and start to strum along with the male.

<style>
.elanie-ktable p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.elanie-ktable b {color:#3f3239;}
.elanie-ktable-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.elanie-ktable-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3f3239; text-shadow:#3d3132 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.elanie-ktable-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.elanie-ktable {background-color:#6c4d66; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6941/elaine.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; }
</style>

Word Count: 416
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 256 OOC: Don’t worry he doesn’t bite… hard Wink

In Character

He heard a new voice and he stopped, his eyes locked onto someone he had never seen before. His hackles started to rise at first thinking it was another visitor… one to take his food and not give, but he could scent Skye on her. Well the thought still remained as his playing suddenly stopped. He had a small accusing eye on her. He normally was a nice man, yes… he was still a nice man but he’d been quite hungry. He closed his eyes for a few seconds reminding himself, she was possibly capable of helping the pack get a good meal. He opened them again and all the anxiety and suspicion seemed to have disappeared, he now wore a smile and he stood.

Hello!

He said in a pleasant voice. Any of the animosity he’d shown in the first few seconds did not even show in his voice.

You must be new here, I am Shawchert, the alpha… or Capitano to Cercatori.

Nothing about his voice was fake at all, though one would possibly think so from the sudden mood swing Shawchert just had. He let his wooden flute drop to hang at his neck. He stepped down from the porch. Now that he got a better look. He found he was yet again quite a bit taller than the young woman. Though he was tall he was also a softie no matter what his first impression had been like… hunger did many things to the poor man and suspicion was one of them.

<style>
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.
ooc text: Elaine is eepish xD

The young woman's shoulder shrunk as Shawchert gave he a moment of the evil eye. She saw some type of hunger flash in his dark blue eyes, and though part of her mind was full of a spurt of fear, Elaine wondered if he was starving. It was winter, where food was hardest to find, and she wondered if the man assumed that she had come here to ask for something to eat. Though the hunting was harder up more north than her home, she saved whatever food she gather, wither it be nuts in a small jar, or salted meat to keep them fresh. That reminded Elaine of something, and thought about reaching into her bag for something, but decided against the movement, since it might spook the male and make him think she was maybe grabbing a weapon.

Whatever hostile that he was glaring at her with, it soon washed away with a long blink of his eyes, and the Lovato relaxed her muscles, though she stayed slightly hunched; when Shawchert was sitting, he seemed normal sized. But, as he stood upright, he towered above her, which made her feel like a pup compared to a parent. "You must be new here, I am Shawchert, the alpha… or Capitano to Cercatori." This was the leader? Elaine gulped inaudibly, when she suspected that she did not make a great impression on her Capitano just with her presence.

"M-my name is Elaine Lovato,"she squeaked, her voice silenced compared to the giant's. Though she knew she would not be harmed by him, she still felt uncomfortable by his height. But, she gave her mind a mental shake, and straighten up from her crouch posture; it'd probably be bad if she shows weakness in front of her leader. Now, she spoke more clearly and firmly,"I'm a new singer. Skye Collins accepted yesterday." Again, she kept her words short but telling him all he needed to know instead of drawing them out. Since it seemed that the man was not as badgered as a moment before, Elaine stuffed her pencil and book into a bag that laid against her hip, and dug around for a moment. Since she was in the presence of her leader, she had to bear him a gift that not only will he appreciate, but looked like he needed; at least, that what she hoped, and she was too polite to give him nothing when he and Skye provided her a home.

"Here,"she murmured after finally retrieving what she was digging around for. It was a piece of clean cloth, but a meaty scent wavered off of it, and it in contained meat of a hare she hunted the day before she joined Cercatori d'Arte, and it was still fresh from being kept away from the cold and salted. It was going to be her lunch, but she could tell that he needed it more than her, and she could do without a meal. Besides, Elaine did not want to risk having a fight because of Shawchert's uncured hunger.

<style>
.elanie-ktable-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3f3239; text-shadow:#3d3132 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.elanie-ktable-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.elanie-ktable {background-color:#6c4d66; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6941/elaine.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 285px 0px; }
</style>

Word Count: 511
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 322 OOC: You know the way to a man’s heart!

In Character

Shawchert felt horrible at his first impression upon the poor female. He knew that first impressions said many words about a wolf and he hadn’t made a very good one.

It is a pleasure to meet you. I am sorry for my reaction, we have been having some trouble with trespassers here lately.

He said, and it was true, they have a good few wolves trespassing in on their lands taking their food source and leaving. It was driving Shaw up the wall.

You are a singer hmmm? I know another who is a singer as well, her name is Sky. Well.. Sky Katruk

He said with a smile on his face… or course he wasn’t talking about his co-leader/ though they could easily get mixed up as they both had the same names. Shawchert watched as she rummaged through her back and finally came out with something wrapped in a cloth. Shawchert blinked, not sure what she was giving him and not sure he wanted to accept a gift. When he looked down at it, however he could smell the meat right through it. His mind was instantly changed as he accepted it. He took it and opened the cloth to see some very nice looking meat. He gave the woman a grateful smile. Pulling a chunk off he put it in his mouth smiling and chewing.

Thank you! So I suppose you’re looking for a place to live then?

Shawchert asked his mood was considerably better with the offering and the small bit in his stomach. He had helped many of his packmates find their homes, all of which seemed to like them. Shawchert had been the one to fix up many of the stores and houses worth working on. He now wanted to help her since she had helped him in a way, though taking food from someone meant they had less… but that was neither here nor there.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.
ooc text: Btw, this is the house that I want Elaine to claim for now. Big Grin If you don't mind, that little patch of dirt can be her backyard? xD After the storm, she may want to move into the stone house behind that tree to spare less work, or will help with the efforts of restoring the house as well as the other homes.

In Character

Elaine was not the one to quickly jump to conclusions, since she lacked criticizing qualities. Though she may not seem like it, she was a good judge of character. She barely assumed a person just by their looks, credited to her open mind. But, in situations like this, she would get nervous and fidget when she encounters something out of her own norm that she will have to recognized and overcome. Yet, she pass this fairly quickly, and tried to focus on how nice Shawchert was being and of not his daunting size.

"I am sorry for my reaction, we have been having some trouble with trespassers here lately." "Trespassers?"the Lovato girl echoed in confusion, not learning from Skye that wolves have been crossing onto Cercatori d'Arte. The Collins woman did not seem fretful at the borders, or she must have known that Elaine was a potential member and not a potential enemy. Even though she only joined not even a day ago, her caramel brown fur prickled with uneasiness like ants crawling under her skin at the thoughts of outsiders sneaking their ways into her new home. Imaging that they were taking food from someone who needed it made her want to curl her lips in disgust, but she smoothed her face as it crinkled in the beginning of one. If I ever see them cross over the borders as much as an inch..., she threatened in her mind.

She shook away the dire thoughts with a quick shake of her ears, as if she was freeing a stray flake of snow from her ear. "You are a singer hmmm? I know another who is a singer as well, her name is Sky. Well.. Sky Katruk." Elaine thought for a moment Shawchert meant Skye Collins, and momentary wondered why the creamy female did not mention it to her. But, her curiosity was soon set straight as the Capitano quickly corrected himself. I will have to meet Sky soon,she thought hastily, hoping that their meeting could be sooner than later, since she wanted to share what knowledge the Katruk woman had.

Elaine let a small, modest smile as the man eagerly took a piece of the meat and wolfed it down - no pun intended. She nodded when he gave his thanks in an unspoken you're welcome. "Yes; in fact, I was looking for a suitable home,"she informed her leader. "I heard there was a small wooden house that no one had claimed yet due south, but I was also checking on the other dwellings in case I change my mind." The Lovato had rather not lived in a store, since she was a woman of few possessions as of now, so she had no need to take over so much unneeded space. Besides, her old home was a wooden building, and she would feel more comfortable in a small haunt than a large one like her childhood "den".

<style>
</style>

Word Count: 487
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 242 OOC: For some reason this took me quite awhile to get up, I kept getting sooo distracted lol.

In Character

He chewed happily on the meal that the woman had given him, savoring each bit. He wanted to cram all of the meat in his mouth, but he knew that wouldn’t end well and he had to exercise his restraint. He barely noticed her bristle at the word of trespassers.

Don’t worry, I think the longer we are here the better things get.

He said quietly. He loved other wolves, but with winter only half through and the food being rare, he was getting to the point where he wasn’t sure how to react to a new face anymore, though food in his belly tended to help him and keep his calm.

As she explained about her reason for being here, Shaw perked up a bit. He was good about helping pick out houses, for the most part. He’d restored most f them as well. He smiled at her interest in a house already and pictured which one it was.

I see, well if you want I can help you search, just in case that house is not what you want. I need to repay you for this delicious meal anyhow.

Shawchert offered. He didn’t believe in taking advantage of everything, he knew he had to gain the trust of the pack members rather than them trusting and respecting him automatically. His title was just that after all, if he didn’t take responsibility for what went on around his own pack.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.
ooc text: It was no wait at all. Big Grin Btw, I'm assuming that Shaw is following after Elaine when she starts to walk down the road, so I hope you don't mind. <3

In Character

The young woman was glad that Shawchert seemed to be enjoying his meal, but she was still uneasy by the fact that people had been trespassing. Elaine never had to deal with hostile wolves, since she never gotten in a fight, nor met a canine with an ill-temper. Even when she lived near a pack's land when she was a pup, her and her family never faced hardships from them. She was worried for a moment that she will not be able to protect the territories because of her lack of fighting knowledge and experience, even though Skye mentioned that Cercatori d'Arte was peaceful with all the packs. What about the ones who were bounded by no laws and rules? Her stomach felt empty with nervousness, but if she ate anything, it would probably make her get a bellyache. "Don't worry, I think the longer we are here the better things get." Elaine forced herself to take comfort in Shawchert's words, since he should know what he was talking about, being the pack leader.

Her thoughts drifted away from the more pressing topic, and now focused at her current problem: finding a home. It was more calming to discuss this issue, and Elaine quickly forgotten her momentary worries and soon became upbeat again. She smiled as Shawchert suggested his help, though she nearly said there was no need to repay her for the meal. But, she thought twice about it, and maybe that would offend the Menue man that was offering his service for finding a house. "Thank you,"she relied gratefully, and started to walk down the lane, also glad that she was moving her feet again. For the few minutes they had been standing still, she felt air rush under her paw pads, and with some water from her feet making the snow slightly damp from warming it, made her suppress a shiver. Even though she enjoyed the winter wonderland, there was nothing wondrous about cold feet, and still cannot wait for spring to come around the corner.

"Anyway, how's the pack fairing?"she asked Shawchert in hopes of starting a happy conversation. All this talk about hostile forces made her upset, and she did not like to stay in that kind of mood for very long. Hopefully, she could make the Capitano's mind ease and enjoy himself more, letting him let the pressing matters that seemed to haunt his brain out of his train of thought.

<style>
</style>

Word Count: 407
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 318 OOC: sorry it took me so long Sad

In Character

He didn’t know the woman’s thoughts on trespassers but her reaction when he had mentioned them was not far from what he’d hoped, though Shaw, as big as he was, could easily scare off any loner with a look a growl and show of his own dominant spirit, knew that she has nothing to worry about. The pack had nothing to fear about loners at all. It was just an annoying for him to have to deal with them as much as he had to. As they started walking Shaw couldn’t help but find himself staring around as they walked. They were passing by the ones that he desperately tried to fix up before the winter started. Some of them lay unfinished and half crumbled to the ground. Shaw felt bad that he had no time to fix them up when the snows hit. He knew he’d have plenty of time to do so in the spring.

We are doing as well as we can.

Shaw said smiling. He knew she noticed that he’d been quite hungry but he wasn’t sure if she knew what it was from. He had nothing to be ashamed of, the pack had been made mid fall, and it was short notice to get any stores in place, as long as they survived until spring. He was sure they could do this though, as long as they persevered.

How do you like the pack so far? We are rather quiet right now, but we’ll liven up once everything else does.

He said smiling at her. Yes they could be a wild bunch. He’d seen it at the bon fire celebration. He loved that they could act themselves around each other, including him, even though he was the alpha. He was also a member of the pack. He didn’t want to be treated like the alpha all the time. Only when it was necessary.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]