wandering
[html]

Out of Character

In Character

Varice awoke in the forest around the mountain he had been traveling the past few days. His amber eyes squinted and fluttered against the harshness of the morning light. The memories of the night before hazy, yet recoverable. He had met the old one Lykoi and had been accepted into the Inferni clan.

A new sense of person began to dawn on Varice as his mind finished rebooting from sleep. A sly grin spread across his muzzle as the thought of once again belonging to a group of like-minded individuals dawned on him. This level of excitement grew into a frenzied buzz in the juveniles mind. "I wonder who I'll find out here, I wonder if there are any females my age in this clan.......ugh, i wonder whats for breakfast."

Varice procured the fire for his morning ritual. a few short coughs later he began wandering around the mountain base in search of more members, as well as a water source for his parched palette. The thought of fresh meat made him wince in hunger as the single negative side effects of his recreation began to show.

Several minutes of walking went by and his hunger was getting the best of him, he began to grumble to himself.

I dunno about you but I'm really starting to hate this flipping mountain........too many trees.......not enough water.....WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A BROOK OR A STREAM OR....ANYTHING AROUND HERE?!

Varice was panting, exhausted from his impatience and even angrier at the fact he had been yelling to himself again...he had been meaning to work on that.

<style>
.freetable-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-c03 b {color:#986e59;}
.freetable-c03-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#51281d; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-c03 {background-color:#8c4633; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#57291c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/kotone/osprey.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 280px 0px; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC: 690

She had risen with the sun, as always, departing from her sister as quietly as she could, certainly not wanting to wake the pretty girl from her peaceful slumber. Their home was still new, but in reality, it was merely a place to sleep, and to convene with dear China. Otherwise, the girls tended to wander on their own. Or Sage did, at least.

Sage had grabbed her bag and placed it's strap across her chest, carrying with her several joints she had prepared the night before, some matches, as well as her sketchbook and a few pencils. She really didn't need much else. The girl thrived in situations which required her ingenuity, so long as they weren't threatening. Her imagination ran wild, though, sometimes.

Bringing the first spliff of the day to her lips, the tawny Lykoi girl looked out at the bleak landscape, a large plume of smoke billowing from her mouth as she exhaled. The sun was up, but the clouds were thick and heavy. Overnight, the ground had become blanketed in a thick layer of ivory. It made everything quite pretty, really. But, oh, it was so cold. Realizing this, she quickly darted back into the room, swiftly and silently grabbing her thick rabbit fur blanket, wrapping the thing around her and her tattered, leather hide clothing.

The girl walked serenely and quietly, but with some intent. She didn't exactly know where she was going, but wherever it was, she wanted to get there soon. Her feet were already getting chilly. The forest was one of her favorite places, but the lack of sunlight was sometimes obnoxious. Today was one of those slightly annoying days. Sage would never admit to being annoyed by the weather or the landscape, of course, because deep down she believed that mother earth's plan was always perfect. Her superficiality shouldn't get in the way of that.

Suddenly, though, she heard yelling; an unfamiliar voice. She stopped her hazy steps, her mind taking a moment to register this new sound, her large, dark chocolate ears swerving to catch the noise. The man was screaming, seemingly furious, about the lack of indigenous water. His yelling was silly, of course, and he was obviously new to these lands, because there were plenty of bodies of water here! And the pretty girl would be happy to help him find them.

She followed the noise for a moment, but he wasn't far, and soon she came upon the owner of the voice. A dark, bright-eyed creature, probably a hybrid of some sort. He smelled vaguely of Inferni, and she could almost notice Kaena's scent on him, and suddenly longed to see her grandmother. The girl approached slightly cautiously, but obviously friendly, raising a small hand in greeting, curious head bobbing to get a better look.

"Hey, there, love! There's no need for all that fuss, there are plenty of water sources around here. I can show you, if you'd like..." her voice was light and airy, but barely loud enough to reach him, with the slight space between the pair.

When he didn't appear hostile, she neared him. He seemed tired, and perhaps hungry. It was likely that he had come quite a long way to get here, so maybe he might need some help. Yellow eyes scanned his body; he looked a bit underfed. She noticed around his neck that he wore a skull. Peering closer, she realized it's species, and her face brightened up.

"Your necklace is very interesting. Those birds are such elegant creatures." she smiled gently, her eyes now wandering from the necklace to his tired face, noticing the rip in his ear with slight sadness. "Ah, what happened to your ear, there?" she asked, almost worried.

The joint had been resting between her fingers, and only now did she bring it to her lips with grace, taking a quiet drag before exhaling. She glanced and it, and then up at him, offering the thing out with an expression on her face that said she was willing to share.

<style>
.sage-q31 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-q31 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-q31 b {color:#E08E00; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sage-q31 {background-color:#673500; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_sage.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#251300; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sage-q31-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

ooc text.

In Character

word count: 286

Varice was contemplating his sanity while pacing when his ears twitched, the snap of a twig brought his line of sight up from the ground. He stopped in his tracks, damn near stumbled really, at the sight of the brown Lykoi....at least she smelled like one. The red around the tip of her nose coupled with amber eyes, similar to his, brought forth a new excitement. It had been ages since he had seen a female as beautiful as this one.

Varice then noticed the roach in her outstretched hand, as if he needed an invitation, he could already tell that they were going to be great friends. He ambled over to her, still buzzed from earlier, and almost sheepishly plucked the remaining joint from her hand, her smile even more welcoming than the gesture itself.

Picture the biggest, furriest, meanest son of a bitch you've ever seen, now make him bigger....that's how i got clipped here, and as for the necklace, thanks...I haven't seen any in this part of the forest and was beginning to wonder if my traps would be of any use

As Varice inhaled heavily on the joint, he couldn't escape the unmistakable scent of the old one; except this one was...spicier.

My name is Varice, and if I'm not mistaken, you’re from the Lykoi part of the clan?

He couldn't help but grin when he looked at her face, as the smoke billowed from under his eyes, he took the brief moment to look further down...his suspicions of the elder one being attractive at his age were not misplaced. A few muffled coughs and he handed the joint back to the auburn beauty, eager to know more.

<style>
.freetable-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#51281d; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-c03 {background-color:#8c4633; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#57291c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/kotone/osprey.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 280px 0px; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC: 544

The girl was happy to see that the man did not refuse her offer; instead, he gladly took the joint from between her fingers and took heavy, appreciative puffs. Sage wished to see that more often. Most of the time, when she offered to share, her company was not so eager. She listened with a warm, pleasant smile as the dark male briefly explained the story about his ear.

"Picture the biggest, furriest, meanest son of a bitch you've ever seen, now make him bigger....that's how I got clipped here, and as for the necklace, thanks...I haven't seen any in this part of the forest and was beginning to wonder if my traps would be of any use." the man said before taking a drag.

The girl gave a gentle laugh as he regaled his stories eagerly, her head tilted unconsciously to one side, those yellow eyes searching for his of the same color.

"That's a frightening story, love..." she said casually, gently flicking a wavy lock of brown from her face. "But I'm sure your traps will be useful. You might want to try Occasus Promontorium; there are plenty of rabbits there, so there might be plenty of birds, too." she offered with a smile and a nod in the general direction of the peak, trying to be helpful.

The girl did not approve of hunting simply for decoration, but as long as the meat was eaten and the animals parts were all used, she did not object. Either way, though, she wouldn't be able to control this stranger no matter what he did.

He was interesting-- a foreigner no doubt-- and she was thankful to be meeting someone, for once, who wasn't in her family. That wasn't to say, however, that she didn't enjoy their company; but she felt the need to diversify. After all, she couldn't flirt with her relatives, wasn't that right? The girl embarrassingly recalled her harmless attraction towards Gabriel, before knowing that the Aquila was her uncle. Even still, she thought him terribly handsome, though she might not admit it.

The stranger's voice snapped the girl out of her foggy thoughts and back to reality for a moment.

"My name is Varice, and if I'm not mistaken, you’re from the Lykoi part of the clan?" he asked kindly with his own grin.

Large chocolate ears twitched with interest, a small smile flickering over her face as he spoke again.He introduced himself now as Varice; a name she'd never heard. The girl paused momentarily to watch as his eyes roamed her body. Sage took this opportunity to bring her body closer to his, taking the joint in one petite hand and bringing it to her lips happily. With a drag from the spliff, she outstretched her other hand in the space between him, her hand held loosely but gracefully, her palm facing down.

"You are not mistaken, sir," she said with cheery and nearly seductive tones, always happy to be recognized by her precious Lykoi blood. The splash of red on her nose could not be mistaken. "My name is Sage River Lykoi; as I believe you've met her, Kaena is my grandmother. I am ever so pleased to meet you." After a brief pause, she added, "What has brought you to Inferni, handsome stranger?"

She wondered vaguely how the man had found this place; it wasn't often that strangers showed up here, out of the blue, willing to protect this land that they knew nothing about. But there was one such man standing before her, and the Lykoi woman was intrigued.

<style>
.sage-q31 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-q31 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-q31 b {color:#E08E00; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sage-q31 {background-color:#673500; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_sage.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#251300; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sage-q31-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

ooc text.

In Character

word count: 242

As the female approached Varice, his chest began to rise, her scent at this point was intoxicating, he couldn't help but go listless for a few seconds. Regaining focus, he listened intently as she proclaimed she was indeed a Lykoi and to his pleasure referred to him as "handsome".

I wish I had more answers for you kiddo, I remember a desert, a long walk, and then these trees...I'm pretty sure it was some bad hash sold to me a while back, before I became acquainted with the different smells.

As he spoke, Varice reached into his bag and produced a second, slightly fatter joint

Here, you might wanna sit down for this

Varice was sitting down cross legged, a wicked grin pasted across his toothy maw, he motioned with the lighter for her to sit with him, and try some "out of state" greenery.

He brought the lighter to the tip of the J, inhaled greedily and tilted back his head as the smoke poured endlessly from his nostrils.

And how many Lykoi are there? You know, I’m pretty good at growin’ this stuff. It’s always been a bit of a specialty of mine…and if you don’t mind me asking…are any of the other Lykoi girls as cute as yourself?

Varice had hoped he wasn’t laying it on too thick, he thought this young Inferni had a natural beauty to her, and such a warmth to her as well.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

<3 Wow, I don't know how I did that, but I'm sorry. Lol. WC: 894

"I wish I had more answers for you kiddo. I remember a desert, a long walk, and then these trees...I'm pretty sure it was some bad hash sold to me a while back, before I became acquainted with the different smells." the man said, trailing off a bit during the story.

The girl nodded slowly as he spoke, her face having melted into a more somber expression than the cheery smile she always wore. An odd story, he told... Sage wondered vaguely if his fatigue had caused blackouts in his memory. Maybe time would fill those blanks back in.

As he finished his brief tale, the man named Varice retrieved from his back another joint. Sage's face immediately lit up, excited at the prospect of smoking it with such captivating company. Outside of Juniper Peace, Sage had never really met another that carried around lovely, pre-rolled joints filled with her favorite herb.

"Here, you might wanna sit down for this." Varice said with an impish grin, lowering his body to the ground, sitting cross-legged there.

Rolling her weight briefly to the balls of her feet in an excited gesture, the girl then brought her hands together, fingers splayed out as she glanced down at him. With a grin she softly lowered her petite frame, resting with her legs folded gently under her.

The young Lykoi girl was excited to try this man's grow, but was a bit unsure about his supposed claim of potency. Even at her young age, the tawny girl had tried many different varieties of the lovely herb. Back in Juniper Peace, they grew various different strains each few months, and they always loved to try new things. They had even found a variety which produced a unique, energetic body high while still preserving a clarity of the mind. It even brought creative inspiration, as proven by the multitude of art produced under it's effects. Of course, after finding such a precious herb, Juniper Peace grew it annually. It was with a pang of sadness that the girl smiled softly at the man, excited nonetheless to try his brand.

"Ah, I'm sure I don't need to sit, love," she said in playful jest, "but I don't mind it anyways." her voice was soft and kind, her yellow eyes glancing around, enjoying the forest from a smaller angle. "The world looks a bit different from down here." her words, accompanied with that dreamy smile, were simple; they held little meaning other than their face value. It was a very plain statement, coming from a plain girl.

When the coal-shaded man handed Sage the joint, she politely took it, taking a healthy drag from it's tip, letting the smoke fill her lungs, her eyes closing to enjoy the sensation. The girl nearly coughed, but her experienced organs held fast. She cleared her throat and looked at him with a grin, already feeling the effects of the large hit.

"I may have underestimated you, mister." the pretty girl's eyelids drooped in an innocently sexy way, her voice a mere coo on the breeze. It was, in fact, quite lovely herb.

The man spoke again, questioning her lineage and hinting at his skills. He deserved to brag a bit, Sage thought.

"And how many Lykoi are there? You know, I’m pretty good at growin’ this stuff. It’s always been a bit of a specialty of mine…and if you don’t mind me asking…are any of the other Lykoi girls as cute as yourself?" he asked coyly, the charm clearly thick on his voice.

"Well, mister, you would be pleased to find that there are plenty of Lykoi, and our blood is quite attractive." she said, bragging a bit herself. The young girl knew she was pleasant to look at, although she thought her sisters, and especially Halo, to be much prettier than herself.

"A lot of us are related, here," she began quietly. "You see, Gabriel, the Aquila, is Kaena's son. " she began explaining, using gentle hand gestures as she spoke. This was, after all, a bit complicated. "His last name is different only because of his father. Then, there is Halo, one of Kaena's granddaughters. And then Ezekiel and Talitha, who are Gabriel's children but chose to bear the Lykoi name. Sepirah and Enkiel are around as well, though I haven't seen him much lately..." she trailed off, briefly noticing that the young jackal-boy had been strangely absent. "Finally, my two sisters China, Clover, and I all came here to find our daddy, Razekiel. He's... been missing for a while, as well..." she trailed off sadly for a moment, bringing the joint to her lips and exhaling poignantly. "I really miss him." her ears drooped a bit, eyes saddening and frown appearing on her lips. Where had that lovely smile gone, so quickly?

Sage quickly shook it off, squeezing her eyes shut momentarily and shaking her head, fighting away those negative thoughts. She would find him. They would find him. Together. She and China and Clover.

"Ah...My apologies. I didn't mean to bring your spirits down, love." she laughed gently, chasing away the remnants of that brief splash of such negative emotion. "Anyways; my sisters are quite prettier than I am, I think. You'd like them as well, I'm sure." she said with an honest smile; in truth, China's beauty was much more striking than Clover's or her own.

"But, um..." she trailed off momentarily, trying to think of things to ask this stranger whose past seemed as unknown to him as it was to her. "What is your family like?" she asked, hoping to focus conversation back on him for a moment.

The stranger's herb weighed heavily on her mind and body, but she embraced the wave with welcome arms.

<style type="text/css">
.sagefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0fbea; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #334830; }
.sagefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81b479; text-align:center;}
.sagefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sagefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#c1e6ae; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freebe.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #81b479; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81b479; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sagefreebe01-border1 {width:452px; border:2px solid #eff8e8; margin:0 auto;}
.sagefreebe01-line1 {width:420px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eff8e8; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#05+
[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

ooc text.

In Character

word count: 232

The amber eyed Lykoi sat herself next to Varice. He could tell by the way she stifled her cough that she wasn't expecting the potency. Varice couldn't help but broaden his already wide toothy grin.

"Well, mister, you would be pleased to find that there are plenty of Lykoi, and our blood is quite attractive."

This day just keeps getting better, if there were more girls and just as attractive as this one...well Varice couldn't have found a better tribe if he tried.

Prettier than you? I find that hard to believe.

Varice couldn't help but notice his inner wolf was showing, he cringed on the inside for that line, he lowered his head sheepishly for a moment, cursing lightly under his breath.

"What is your family like?"

The weed was good, but the question still snapped him sober...Even if for a second, he hadn't thought about that for a while now, he conceded to his hazy memory and shrugged it away, coming up with the small bits and pieces he could find in his jumbled memory.

I can't remember much... I remember my dad being big, HUGE even...My mom had sad eyes and my brothers...now that i think about it I may not even be the same color as the rest of the ones who raised me.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC: 464

This new guy was quite flattering. Sage's smile broadened as he said: "Prettier than you? I find that hard to believe." Of course the girl knew that, while her looks were very nice, she was not the most attractive of them all. It didn't bother her, though; her looks, despite being fairly average, had always seemed to be perfectly adequate. Sage blinked her eyes slowly, not really having a proper response for his comment. Instead, she let a simple, serene bow of her head give thanks to the gray male.

"I can't remember much... I remember my dad being big, HUGE even...My mom had sad eyes and my brothers...now that i think about it I may not even be the same color as the rest of the ones who raised me." Varice narrated, pausing to seemingly wrack his brain for the information he apparently lacked.

As the man explained what little he remembered of his past, and Sage was immersed momentarily in thought. Perhaps the man had been adopted? Sage did not feel that adoptive family was any lesser quality than biological family was; in Juniper Peace, there were several adopted children, and even whole families which were not truly related. As far as the heart is concerned, your family is chosen by you and you by them. The tawny girl listened politely, nodding her head in the right places, reaching out a petite hand to touch his shoulder briefly as he finished his small speech.

"Well, love, even if you were adopted, I'm sure your family was marvelous. Or... maybe you don't remember them being so pleasant?" she asked, now unsure of the nature of his memories of them. Her head tilted gently, caring eyes staring into his unknowing ones.

Rather suddenly, the earth child realized just how thirsty she was. Maybe it was the man screaming about water earlier, or maybe it was simply the potency of this herb Varice had cultivated. Either way, she needed to find a stream, or lake, or something soon. Her voice was already sounding a bit more thick than normal(though it was not nearly unpleasant). With a quick glance around, Sage turned to him.

"Hey," she said softly, leaning close to his ear, her voice a funnily seductive whisper for the words she was about to speak, "let's go find some of that water you were talking about earlier, dear." Her sentence finished with a coy smile, lightly tugging on his arm as she stood. The girl grabbed her bag, slinging it and its contents over her shoulder carefully, nodding her head in the direction of the River Acheron. It wasn't far from here, after all; although the water would be quite frigid, right now.

"Come on, now; it's not far from here." she called out, her voice melodic and pretty on the wind.

Even as they walked, the wind blew and tiny snowflakes briskly flew by, a chill causing the Lykoi girl to shiver briefly, pulling her rabbit-fur blanket even closer around her nicely curved figure.

<style type="text/css">
.sagefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0fbea; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #334830; }
.sagefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81b479; text-align:center;}
.sagefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sagefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#c1e6ae; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freebe.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #81b479; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81b479; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sagefreebe01-border1 {width:452px; border:2px solid #eff8e8; margin:0 auto;}
.sagefreebe01-line1 {width:420px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eff8e8; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

ooc text.

In Character

word count: 259

"let's go find some of that water you were talking about earlier, dear."

This brought Varice's recollections to a halt. In the midst of his semi-stoned story telling Varice had completley forgotten his thirst, which now returned in stunning strength. The very thought of water made his lips curl and pucker with anticipation.

YES! yes let's go do that...

He had hoped his earnest didn't alarm her as much as it did himself...he had not meant to be so loud

How far do you suppose it is? Any chance we could find a small game trail on the way? you can't tell me your not hungry, my stomach hasn't shut up since I've met you

The last bit of that sentence came out a little more alluring than he'd intended...his hunger may be strong, but Varice's stomach wasn't the only thing with an appetite out here. The cobalt half-ling, in true Varice fashion, stumbled through the next bit of flattery.

I don't know what it is about your scent, but since we've met i can't seem to get this stupid ass grin off my face.

"cute...real fuckin' cute" Varice muttered to himself after the words had left his smug maw, how come the things in his head never come out as good as they sound?

Varice cocked his head, he waited with bated breath to see if the tawny Lykoi would relish his embarrassment...or if today really was his day, find his lack of subtlety more than just bemusing.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

<3 <3 <3 WC: 418

"YES! Yes let's go do that..." he said, suddenly incredibly enthused.

The girl had to laugh when Varice suddenly remembered his thirst, and his complaint about the lack of water. She knew that feeling well; having said something earlier and then having it become completely forgotten in the following minutes. Sage happily lead him, her tawny form covered with her favorite rabbit fur blanket as she gracefully trekked towards the river.

"How far do you suppose it is? Any chance we could find a small game trail on the way? You can't tell me your not hungry, my stomach hasn't shut up since I've met you..." Varice added, with a bit of curiosity, and maybe a hint of flirtation.

Sage heard his questions, eyebrows raising slightly at his enthusiasm and curiosity. She grinned and returned his words, her voice quiet and sweet. "It's not that far from here, love." she said softly, turning as she walked to briefly place a hand on his shoulder again; a common gesture with the contact-driven girl. "We could look for some game long the way... I'm sure there will be something when we get there, though; lots of fish and small mammals that like to crowd around the mouth of that river." she paused for a moment, consulting her stomach through her haze, wondering if she had even been hungry herself. The girl remembered she'd eaten a small snack this morning, and was not actually incredibly starved. "I'm not too hungry myself, but I will help you, if you like."

"I don't know what it is about your scent, but since we've met I can't seem to get this stupid ass grin off my face." he said with that very grin, clearly flirting now.

The Lykoi girl giggled quietly, blinking her eyes slowly as she glanced down for a moment, head bowed briefly, a smile on her own face. He was quite the complimentary stranger, although certainly an odd one.

"It might not be my scent, after all, love." she said sweetly, absently running two fingers along a length of her wavy, chocolate locks. "After all, we did smoke quite a bit, back there..." she laughed again, quickly pulling her blanket more closely around her body as a gust of wind rushed through the trees, howling and crying; a sound out of place with the beauty of the day.

They came upon the river in short time, and despite the weather there was a small gathering of animals, all of whom started at varying degrees on the pair's approach. With vague flair and a foxy smile, the girl stretched out an arm, welcoming the man to what would surely seem like an oasis appearing in the midst of a desert.

"See? I knew we'd make it..." she said, trailing off, yellow eyes sweeping the landscape gently. The water was surely frigid.

<style type="text/css">
.sagefreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8f5f8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4c4c58; }
.sagefreeb2-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c58; text-align:center;}
.sagefreeb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sagefreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#e0d7f5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f8f5f8; padding: 135px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c58; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sagefreeb2-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #4c4c58; margin:0 auto;}
.sagefreeb2-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4c4c58; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#300+
[/html]