One of These Days.
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

Ookami was laying under his tree of choice, staring out over the horizan as the sun began to rise. He sighed, time to start a new day. He smiled and stood up, he stretched his legs and let out a big yawn. He loped down the side of the hill and the coming sunlight glinted off his golden pelt. He looked into the sun, he closed his eyes, letting the new rays heat his face. He breathed out, happy that day was here. He shook his coat out and trotted along a trail. He held his head high, ready for anything to strike him, ready for any oppurtunity that may come his way today. He was ready for a new day. The sky was a pretty pink and orange color as he slowed to a walk, then eventually to a stop. He looked around, there was snow settled on the ground. He walked off the path, letting his big paws drag on the soft, powdery snow. He rolled around in it, not caring about the cold that settled down deep in his shaggy, thick overcoat.

He finished up playing in the snow then continued on the trail once again. An unusally warm breeze blew in his face, carrying with it the scent of a wolf he had just met. Jace. He smiled, he had just recently met this wolf at the borders and she was a brand new Phoenix Valley pack member. He looked around, not spotting her. He shrugged, Oh well, we'll meet up eventually. He kept walking, staring at the sky that was now a pale blue color. The threat of storm had passed and with the presence gone it brought a beautiful and warm day. The sky was filled with big white, puffy clouds. He smiled, it reminded him of the soft snow that was on the ground all around him. Jace's sceant grew stronger and he knew he was close to her now.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookamifall b {color:#bb5a14; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
.ookamifall-border {width:441px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.ookamifall .box {width:165px;height:290px; float: right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 309 3 points

Jace looked back towards the still sleeping Temo, he would be alright, and she had left a note for him in the snow. She was going to have a look around the immediate vicinity and see if she could figure out the lay of the land of her new pack. 'Pack.' she smiled at the thought. She missed her birth pack dearly; her family, her mother and, her twin. Jace growled quietly under her breath. She would get her revenge upon the mongrel curs that killed them, even if it took her the rest of her life. She raised her head to the sky and screwed up her eyes a few tears leaking out from under the furred lids.

She shook her head, wiping the thoughts from her mind, they didn't belong here not now she had found another place to call home, those thoughts would be useful when she could actually do something about them. She kneeled down and placed her hand in the snow, making a hand-print in the frozen water crystals. The snow fascinated her, always had done. she remembered watching from the mouth of her mother's den as the mysterious white flakes had drifted down to the sky. Her mother had looked like snow, pure white, Jace smiled again before she placed her other forepaw on the ground and transformed into her lupus form, the wind was blowing away from her so she couldn't tell if there were anyone or anything in front of her.

She was surprised when she came upon the large golden wolf known as Ookami. From her smaller viewpoint he looked even bigger than he did from her Optime form. She lowered her ears a little and hunkered her body down, her tail flicking nervously from side to side unsure of how to act around the now higher in rank wolf.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jace "talks", 'thinks', and walks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
.jace-mountains .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jace-mountains p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jace-mountains b {color:#16323D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC chatter goes here- Sorry I know its kind of short.!

Jace finally came into view. He smiled gently at her, "Hi Jace. How are you on this fine morning?" He dipped his head respectfully at her and spoke in a gentle and polite tone. He noticed that she didn't really know what to act like around him. He was of higher rank than her, but not by much. He smiled, "Relax.. Be yourself." He thought it may have something to do with his size, so he let his posture slouch a bit and he wagged his tail gently in a rythmic motion. He looked up at the clouds again. He looked at a big one shaped like a wolf's head for a moment then looked back at Jace. He hoped that she could come to be more comfortable around him at some point. He didn't want his packmates to feel uncomfortable around him, especially since he wanted to befriend her.

He shuffled his paws in the snow and plopped a seat down. He smiled and pricked his ears up. His tail quitely thumped on the ground. He was glad there were quite a few wolves joining these days, more wolves meant more friends. And that was all he wanted. His strength and agility had returned and having lots of friends was the only thing he wanted now. "How are you liking it here so far? I know you have not been here for long, but you must have an opinion on it already." He smiled.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

no worries, most of my posts are often shortish XD otherwise my muse dies after a few posts. also fail post is fail XD

Jace smiled slightly, her tail ceased its nervous flicking as Ookami projected a non threatening posture. "Good morning Ookami" She called, "I am as well as I could be. Being among other wolves has helped settle my nerves a lot. His words to relax helped her to feel less anxiety and she followed his gaze up to the sky, tilting her head to the side she noticed the cloud shaped like a wolf, it make her chuckle internally.

She sat down in the snow, the cold ice not penetrating her thick fur, her tail wrapped itself around her legs the brown tip of it slowly wagging. She tilted her head and dropped one of her ears to the side, her look inquisitive, still unsure as to how a wolf had grown so big, her eyes, wandered curiously about his frame.

"Its nice to be back in a pack again, I had missed it a lot. So far I like it here, it seems like it could be a place I could stay for a long while"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

haha, my muse isnt that good today! my eyes are bothering me! probably becuase I have been sittin here staring at the computer screen forever! lmbo.
oh and sorry its kind of hard to read where he talks.!

He smiled, glad to hear that she was doing well. She seemed to settle down a bit because of his posture and he was glad he had made that choice slouch. He watched as she looked at the cloud. He smiled, she saw the shape too. She seemed to look at him questioningly, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit at her questioning look. It was his size, he didn't mind her wondering how he had grown so big, he didn't mind that he was different. Everyone was different in their own way, and seeing these differences in others is what calmed him about his own.

He smiled, "Yes, its always good to have a home. I have not been here long either, about a month maybe and I can't ever see myself wanting to leave at this point." He smiled, so far he like Jace she was a nice wolf and he could see them being good freinds in the future. "It's always nice to have more wolves around too." He smiled at her, looking into her eyes, his golden eyes boaring into hers.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She nodded as he spoke, she could understand getting attached to a place if it made you feel like you belonged. She felt she could become the same, she looked around her for a second, she felt she could get used to living in the pack. Her tail began to wag a bit faster. She shuffled a bit, fluffing up her fur to better protect herself against the cold, she pawed at the snow a little, creating patterns in the powdery white.

Suddenly he looked directly into her eyes and she cringed a little, her ears dropping back against her skull and she dragged her gaze away from his eyes, looking instead over his shoulder at the trees behind him. She sensed he did not mean to do it but she still took precautions in case he had decided to challenge her, instead of focusing on it she instead decided to explain a little about herself.

"I come from the high north, it is cold like this most days, and it snows the majority of the time but it does look so beautiful. she hesitated a little, shifting her gaze to the ground and then focusing on his paws. "where do you come from Ookami?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

He didn't realize what he had done until she looked away quickly, "Errr.. Sorry, I uh- Didn't mean to do that." He felt bad, he didn't mean to make himself look like a threat, he just had a habit of staring into others eyes. Eyes are the key to a person's soul, and Ookami always trys to dig deep into a person, to figure them out. He looked away from her eyes, instead lowering them slightly. He felt a little unease now but he shook it off. He shuffled his feet in the snow like he normally did and blew out a big breath, watching as mist appeared.

She spoke of where she was from, a cold place like this one. He nodded his head, then she asked where he was from, "I don't actually know the name of the place I come from but it is somewhere that was never cold like this. It was always warm and very humid." This time as he spoke he avoided looking into her eyes, something he would have to remind himself to not do while he was around her. At least until she knew that he meant no harm, even then he would try not to do it.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 301 3 points

She scolded herself for acting like a coward, chancing a glance up she saw his distress written on his face and felt bad for making him feel bad. It was a law in he birth-pack that staring directly into anothers eyes constituted a challenge but as she thought she wondered if maybe other pack's it wasn't such a bad thing. "On, no i'm sorry, it's fine, it's just where I'm from looking into anothers eyes promises bad things". she ducked her head again, feeling even worse for her attempt at an explanation,wondering if she should just keep her mouth shut.

She listened to his description of where he was from, her ears perking and swivelling, interested in this place that was always hot and never cold, she couldn't begin to imagine a place where it didn't snow. Steeling her nerves she looked up, if he wanted to look into her eyes then he could, if it did no harm to either of them, she didn't feel that her mismatched blue and amber eyes were much to look at though. She noticed now that he was avoiding her eyes, and felt some gratitude that he was trying not to scare her anymore. She kept her head up and her eyes focused on his face until he looked up, allowing him to look into her eyes if he so wanted. She voiced a question that she had been wanting to ask, unsure whether or not it would offend him.

Keeping her eyes upon him she asked" I hope you don't think me rude, but I was wondering how did you come to grow so large? Most of the wolves i have met were nowhere near your size" She tilted her head to the side and dropped an ear down in her customary interested look.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

He smiled at her, "Well I can promise you that I will not do anything to hurt you." He grinned again. He watched her gently, still not looking into her eyes. He didn't care if she didn't mind him staring into her eyes, he would do his best to not do it because it made her uncomfortable the first time. When she looked up, allowing him to look in her eyes though he did. He couldn't help it. He didn't bore them into her the way he did before but transformed it so it was a gentle glance. He admired her mismatched eyes, he always found it interesting when things didn't quite look the same. He blinked and realized that he was boring into her again, he changed his look to a gentle glance once more then listened to her question with some amusment.

He couldn't help but laugh at the question. "No I do not find you rude, and to answer your question.. I really don't know, I have been bigger than others since I was born, there is no breed of anything huge that I could have developed characteristics from, I am a pure Himilayan wolf." Wonder at his own self sparked in his eyes and he smiled. He turned his eyes away from her, not wanting to make her scared or uncomforatble again, even if he was only glancing. It would take her some getting used to if she was so acustum to a look in the eye meaning pain would come. He would do it a little at a time, letting her adjust to his strange custom.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

x3 sorry for the wait, and once again, fail post D:

She smiled back at him, his words making her feel better. She tensed a little as he finally looked up and tried not to flinch but held his gaze until his look changed to amused at her question. She grinned sheepishly as he laughed at the question. She appeared interested as he explained that his large size was nothing to do with his parentage or genetics. She puzzled over it for a few seconds before deciding that it was simply due to the will of nature, just as her size was smaller than average his was larger than average.

She hesitated a second before disclosing her parentage, "My mother was a pure arctic wolf but my father was a dog, a crossbreed of two different types of dog. So i suppose you could say that I am three species in one" She chuckled to herself at her little joke, gesturing with a paw at her strange coloration and markings, and her curled over ears, "I got my blue eye from my father and my amber one from my mother."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

haha fail post for me too.

He smiled at her again. He saw her look of puzzlement as he explained that he did not know where his size came from, then the understandment that it was just a thing of nature. She explained about her parents. He gave a small chuckle at her statement of being three species. "That is quite interesting... Three in one." He let another small chuckle escape his lips. He looked her over, at the things she pointed out. She was different, but he liked different. "Well at least you know where your features came from. Everyone in my pack has a black pelt, and somehow I came out gold." He chuckled, not trying to sound rude or anything, he was merly speaking what he felt. He ofter wondered how he came to be the way that he was now. Big, different colors of his pack and... nice. He pushed away the thought, it came too often.

"I heard there is supposed to be a storm coming... I don't think it's going to be that big though.." He smiled as he looked at the sky. There was a green tint to the clouds and the once beautiful day threatened snow and cold winds. He cocked his head, wondering if his believe was going to be wrong. They got very bad storms back where he was from and all the signs of them coming were a lot worse than what the area and weather showed right now.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She was entrigued that his birth pack had been a completely different color to himself. She chuckled along with him, obviously some higher force had been at work when he was forming within the womb to create such an unusual coloring compared to his dark pack. ”Yes being different can be a good thing, but when you’re trying to hunt in an almost completely white landscape, having brown and black coloring on you can be more of a hindrance than a help. I had to learn how to hunt differently from everyone else, although it’s not so bad now because the forest is a better place for me to hunt than ice sheets."

She looked up at the sky as well, her clairvoyance flaring up she shivered, a nasty feeling developing deep within her gut. I don’t feel good about the upcoming weather she thought about what she had said and decided to explain more ”Sometimes I have strange premonitions about the weather and other stuff like that" she shrugged, it did not matter to herself if it snowed, but she was worrying slightly for Temo and any others not suitably protected

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

fail post! hey do you think I should make him luperci in the other post, after Jace bit him?

He nodded, understanding, "It must not have been easy hunting on a white area. Luckly for me though the grass was usually a golden color so I blended in almost perfectly. In the areas that were green however I had to rely on my speed. I believe that here I am going to have to teach myself to hunt a different way too." He watched her gently, avoiding her eyes still. He had decided to not look into them no matter how badly she wanted him too. Which he guessed she really wouldn't want.

He cocked his head as he once again looked at the sky, "Then I guess I should get prepared if you believe it will be worse than I think." He smiled, trusting her belive in the weather. She seemed to show a bit of worry, Ookami didn't believe it was for herself, he thought she was worried for the other members of the pack. He studied her. She seemed to be a giving wolf that would certanily be out patrolling for hurt or lost people in the middle of a devistating storm. He smiled, they would get along perfectly.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

sorry muse fail and post fail >.<

She smiled, her tail wagging still "Yeah, the trees will be especially helpful in optime form" a thought entered her head "Are you a luperci, Ookami? The thought hadn't occurred to her before, she had simply assumed that most wolves had turned luperci and then that had been passed down through the generations like her pack had done. She felt a little silly for her question but she knew that Ookami wouldn't mock her for her questions. The golden male was younger than herself but his huge size made him seem older.

She glanced up at the sky again, noting the greeny tinge was worsening. She shifted anxiously before getting up and pacing back and forth in front of Ookami, her paws leaving prints in the layer of snow already on the ground

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
</style>[/html]
He asked a question that he had been asked many times before. The question never bothered him though, people were just curious. He smiled, "No, nobody in my pack was of Luperci. Our pack didn't really even know of it. It was just a rumor that spread around, saying that wolves were shifting into things that looked like humans." He smiled, remembering all the rumors that were going around his pack lands. All wolves thought it strange that wolves were becoming like the humans. They didn't understand it, humans were supposed to be extinct but here were wolves, following in their footsteps, it made them think that they would soon die off as well.

He shook the thought away and watched as Jace looked nervously at the sky. "Would you like to go somewhere with some shelter? I don't want to be out here in the middle of nowhere when the storm hits." She started pacing and Ookami knew they should go somewhere else if it was making her uneasy.
[html]

WC: 308 3 points

She looked up as Ookami suggested going somewhere else for shelter from the upcoming bad weather, she considered it but knew that she should go and find Temo before he worried about her and thought her lost and came to find her. She smiled at his obvious caring about her welfare, glad she had found a new friend so soon after joining the pack, this was the reason she had decided to join a pack, although it had taken her most of a year to want to again after the death of her mother and her twin sister. For the friends and family she would gain and the good times there were to be had, the things she could teach and also learn.

She had worried that she and Temo would have to work for months to get the rest of the pack to accept them. She stopped her pacing and sighed, as much as she was loathe to say goodbye to her new friend so soon she knew that it was time to leave.

"Thank you for offering Ookami but i'm afraid I will have to decline, I need to go find Temo before this storm hits otherwise we might be separated for a while and his fur is not so thick as mine so he might suffer. she smiles again at her new friend and moves forwards to lick the end of his muzzle in gratitude before turning away, as she began to lope away from Ookami she called back to him over her shoulder,

"You take care of yourself now Ookami, get somewhere safe and stay there. We might catch up with you later on, if not then I will see you after the storm" She grinned to herself as she began to lope faster, hoping she could catch Temo before he wandered too far.

Finished

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
</style>[/html]