don't your feet get cold in the wintertime
[html]
Mid day, Ethereal eclipse, Tal is unshifted. ^^

He'd just brought down a rabbit for himself and the pup. He carried it back to the den, laying it down. Within moments, the boy with his mother's coloring came tumbling out, his tail wagging. He gave his father a grin and began eating his fill. The growing pup would need more than that small rabbit with it's snow white pelt, so Tal turned and began hunting for another one for the boy. The sun was hidden behind the clouds, but the day itself was comfortable, almost warm. It was pleasant. Tal walked through the brush by the small lake, his eyes scanning for movement. A noise behind him made him turn and see his son watching him, smears of the rabbit's blood on his muzzle.

"There aren't any rabbits....but maybe between the two of us we can scare up some mice, eh Liam?" Liam grinned, his tail wagging; mice were one of his favorite things to play with. Tal jumped into a nearby bush, laughing to himself as he heard Liam yip and pounce. Her knew without looking that the small boy had caught a mouse on his own. Tal didn't know when it was a pup could actually hunt on his own, but it seemed his son Liam was quite talented in that direction. Though the pup wasn't able to get anything bigger than a mouse yet, he was good at catching those mice. Tal waited, then jumped into a bush further along the water's edge. Another mouse came running out, and Liam promptly swallowed that one too.

This game went on for a while until the boy got tired, then Tal lifted him by the scruff and carried him back to the den, laying him to rest in the fragrant pine boughs he'd lined their small den with. Bi-colored eyes watched the rust colored boy fall asleep, smiling gently to himself. He backed silently out of the den, walking down to the water's edge. Though he was able to shift, he didn't do so. It seemed easier to relax when in this form, easier to interact with Liam. He sat by the lake, watching the frozen edges. Snow drifted over the smooth ice, looking like a spirit skating across the glassy surface. Tal gave into his loneliness and sighed softly. "Oh Kira...I miss you and the girls so." It made it easier for him to pretend Kira was dead along with the girls. Then he didn't have to face the idea that she would come after him for stealing their offspring.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 362 OOC: I am sorry for the delay! ; ; <3

In Character

Shawchert needed some time away, not too much, being the leader and all, but enough to get his thoughts in order. He was excited, happy, ecstatic, and yet he was stressed to the point where he thought his head was going to explode. There were plans to be made if he wanted his wedding to go perfectly. That word sounded strange in his head as he thought it. He was use to the thoughts of having mates but Sky wanted a human wedding, which Shaw would do as he would do anything for the woman he loved. The stress of the pack and then Ouija talking to him as though he were a lowly dog, like he didn’t know that pregnant women didn’t need rest. Shawchert huffed, he knew, he was going to have pups quite soon himself. He knew that even though they did not need to stress themselves they were quite capable of doing things on their own, but Shaw had not argued that point he was tired of it all at that point. For now he was on a small excursion that would do him better, if he could get his mind off the bad things.

He was in the Ethereal eclipse moving through the brush when a scent caught his nose and then he saw a silver wolf ahead of him by one of the many small bodies of water that littered the forest. Shawchert stopped. He was not in his pack lands and he was not sure if this wolf was hostile or not, though it seemed that he was deep in thought himself. Shawchert decided to let himself be known and cleared his throat.

Hello. I couldn’t help but see you look rather worried. I don’t mean to pry, I just thought I might be of some assistance? My name is Shawchert Menue by the way.

The big man said, right now he was sure to tower over the lupine male only because he stood in his optime form. He was never sure if another wolf would actually be taller than himself or not, but chances were he would not be as tall as Shaw.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
The unknown voice startled the male, and he jumped. When he looked, he didn't see the black eyed boy he'd expected, but a true stranger, who was shifted and watching him. It seemed as though the stranger meant no harm, so Tal relaxed, his bi-colored eyes still somewhat distant. "Unless you have the power to bring the dead back to life, I don't think there is much you could do...I'm Taliesin Rhiannon. I've come a long ways back to the lands here where I was born." Well, technically, he was born on the other side of the mountains, in a place that was burned and gone. He gave an uncertain smile, his posture relaxed now.

A noise, and the rusty pup came out of the den, his small body fluffy and ungainly. He stumbled to his father's side, blinking his blue eyes groggily. Tal wished for once the boy would stay put, but he knew the pup would not. He leaned down and nuzzled the pup. "This is my son, Liam."

Liam looked at the tall male with puzzlement in his eyes. This thing smelled like wolf, but didn't look like wolf. It stood funny. He pressed against his father's legs, his eyes wide. "you big. Is you good wolf? Dad said we come here to get by good wolfs. Said Azzy not hurt me here. Azzy is bad wolf. He want to hurts us."

Tal gave a half smile, looking at his son. "Liam...this nice male is just passing through. he's not going to hurt us." With his father's words, Liam turned a curious gaze on the big male, cocking his head in an inquisitive gaze. He stepped forward, sniffing at the male's feet, then dashed back between his father's paws, staring up at the male again.
[html]

WC: 372

Shawchert felt bad that he scared the male, but it seemed he recovered in time. Shawchert could only give the man an encouraging smile though it faltered slightly when the man mentioned bringing back the dead. Shawcher shook his head solemnly.

I am afraid I cannot, nor would I. The dead should remain so… even if you loved them so.

Shawchert’s heart clenched at his own words. He had a loss, though the loss was not his per say, but he was willing to take responsibility. Now though it was too late and there was nothing to bring the pup back. Then he saw a puppy come up to the male, and then he asked if Shaw was good. Shaw could only smile at this.

Well I promise not to hurt you. You seem like a strong lad yourself, I don’t think I could match up to you.

Shaw said with a little chuckle at his joke. He looked at the man and could tell that he was a loner, though it seemed they might have been having a harder time at catching their meals than Cercatori was. Shaw bit his lip for a second.

If you would like, I have a little extra meat in my bag, you both look rather hungry. I’m sure you could use a bite. I don’t mind really, I’m still hunting a little myself and sharing is no big deal.

Shawchert said, he was talking mostly to the older man, he knew what it was like to go without meals, he did so regularly to make sure that his pack was fed. He pulled out some of his own fresh kill, two plump rabbits that he’d scavenged not too far from here. He knew he’d be able to get another catch, he was a very generous wolf and he still had plenty of energy in him. He was hoping to store up a little in any case, in hopes that they wouldn’t have to skip on meals so much. He didn’t want to hunt inside the packlands too much because then they would dry out their resources so he had been going further out of their range. It was a tactic he hoped that would work.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Liam eyed the tall male uncertainly, but the offer of food made his tail wag. He grinned at the male then, especially after the promise not to hurt him. "If you gives us food, you must be good wolf. Even if you do stand funny. Why you stand funny?" Tal watched his son. The offer of food reminded him that he'd fed the boy his meal, but had neglected to eat himself. He swallowed, thankfully accepting the offer of food, though feeling guilty. It wasn't in his nature to take hand outs. He didn't like feeling like he was infringing on someone's kindness. Bi-colored eyes returned to Shawchert after eating the meat offered. He let the pup eat the second rabbit. The boy was growing, and seemed to be always hungry.

"Thank you for your kindness Shawchert. We appreciate it very much..." He paused, and then asked in a quiet voice, "If you don't mind, may I ask what pack you come from? You don't have the scent of any of the packs I remember here." He glanced at the boy, then back to the male.

Liam finished the last bites of his rabbit, his sharp teeth scraping the bones clean. He was content to continue chewing on the rabbit bones as he listened to the two adults talk. Daddy didn't talk to many other wolves, but he'd done a lot of talking to others since coming to these lands. Liam was puzzled about something though. Back before, they'd been part of Catalyst, but now they lived alone. Dad said there were big groups of wolves living together in things called packs. But it was just the two of them...so were they a pack? He kept nibbling on his bone as he watched the tall wolf. Another thing occurred to him. Why did this wolf stand on two legs and he and daddy stand on four? He paused in his nibbling to consider the thought.
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 238 OOC: Rawr!

In Character

Shaw said, though he wasn’t sure. If he was confused by Shaw’s stance then his father did not change, which either meant he didn’t want to or he couldn’t Shaw wasn’t able to tell from as the smell of the meat and the new scents around him. He waited as the two ate their rabbits, feeling as though the good deed he did was quite nice to say the least. He was definitely proud of himself for that. He nodded at the man’s thanks. They were not needed but he was glad for the words anyway.

Ah I’m actually from a place called Cercatori D’ Arte, it’s the seekers of art pack. I am actually the leader of that pack. We basically strive to become better at the arts. Well not all of use are about them, we do have some wolves who help out the pack, as well that do not have such talents but my pack is rather diverse.

Shaw said a hint of pride in his voice as he explained what his pack was like. He looked the boy and his father over, they did seem to be well off even in the winter alone, though he couldn’t help but feel sorry for them, with the snow still falling. Spring would be here soon, so he knew it wouldn’t be too much longer before the other animals came back and spring took place of winter.

<style>
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
Cercatori D’ Arte...it must be fairly new then. New packs were always springing up and vanishing within a short time. He'd seen that himself as he'd been pulled from pack to pack growing up, and then again when he was an adult on his own. "A diverse pack is a good thing...different talents and all." He looked startled as Liam stood and approached the male, staring up at him. "We came from Cat-list. Is a pack...is we a pack? Me and daddy?"

Tal lowered his head and spoke to the pup that was sniffing at Shawchert's feet. "Liam, we are our own pack, you and me. Other pack wolves call us loners because there is no actual pack, it's just me, the grown up, and you, the pup." Liam looked at his dad, then up at Shawchert. "How we get to be pack? And what art? Is that like daddy reading stories? He used to do that when we were in Cat-list, before Azzy hurted daddy." He cocked his head as he stood on his hind feet, trying to stand tall like the male. He ended up bracing his paws on the male's legs for support.

Tal was mortified at his son's behavior and moved forward, grabbing the pup's tail and pulling him back. "Liam, behave. Shawchert is a leader...whether we are in his pack or not, we show respect to leaders. Especially after he was kind enough to share food with us."

Liam looked puzzled, not quite understanding the idea his dad was trying to get through to him.
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 386 OOC: Shaw loves to ramble lol.

In Character

Yes we hopefully will be putting out talents to good use soon enough when the snows melt, maybe a play or some kind of performance, who knows.

Shaw shrugged. He watched as the young pup came up to him and thought about the children he would be having very soon. Yes it was hard to think he would be a father himself, and that one day pups of his own would be looking up to him. He listened to Liam’s question and the older male answering him, and again was bombarded with more questions.

You’ll need more than two to make a pack young one. A pack around here would need at least five to keep other’s from challenging you. Also art is… well it’s something someone does, in a way your dad’s stories are art. The words that were made is a form of it. And drawing…

Shawchert scratched in the snow, though he was horrible at drawing anything outside of wood he was able to make a fairly decent wolf shape.

Carving, and music are others.

He lifted his flute and started playing a few notes when the puppy jumped on his legs. He had been curious, Shaw knew, and was not as unhappy about it as Taliesin was.

Don’t worry, he’s a pup I’m not made of gold.

Shawchert chuckled at the recent discovery of the old humans love for gold and other un-useful trinkets. He nodded to the little pup though and made a slightly serious face.

Though he is right, there are some who would not enjoy that, but it is fine with me.

After all pups were curious all the same and Shaw was not one to lash out at a learning experience for said pup. He looked to Taliesin.

You are welcome to visit our pack if you wish, I’m sure we could help you out if need be. Our borders are even open to those who wish a place to stay.

He said to the older man, a welcoming smile on his face, he was offering the man a place in his pack yes, but it would be up to that man to decide if he were to do so or not. Shawchert knew that he might need a little help, especially with the lack of small game.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]