I'm scared of what's behind and what's before
[html]

Winter task. 300+

The AniWayan had never intended to return to this haunted place. The dead human town had given him ill feelings from the very start, and the dreamcatcher he had liberated from here on that first trip had been the only good thing he had seen in the damned place. Now though, he was forced to return. The snowstorm had taken many things from the tribe. Their huts had fallen in the face of winter's ferocity, the Kalona's leg had been broken, and even one of their own had perished. It had been a harsh blow to them all, but Nayati had never been one to sit and mourn his losses. The best thing he could do was to keep going, keep working to make things better. It was even more crucial now that Dawali was incapacitated. The Gadui Kanati needed to step up and shoulder the extra burdens that the tribe needed him to carry. It was his job, his responsibility.

So that morning he had taken Iye from the stables and rode out from AniWaya's borders towards the abandoned town. The tribe needed blankets and supplies to help keep them all warm and safe. Many of them were homeless now and not much building could be done until some of the snow had melted away. The Utina knew of no other place nearby to look for such things. Moonfyre had found a blanket in this place, hopefully there would be more, and other useful things as well. He supposed he could have gone to Crimson Dreams to ask for help, surely Anu would have provided it, but he did not wish to burden any other packs. Certainly they had faced their own losses.

A shiver, not from the cold, ran up the strong man's spine as he rode into the desolate place. It had sustained damage as well, but many of the buildings still stood strong. His pale blue gaze began to scan for any sign of blankets or wood.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatimist b {font-weight:bold; color:#8AA2B9; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatimist-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.nayatimist p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayatimist {margin:0 auto; width:457px; background-color:#ADBECF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... /nmist.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7C90AB; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E1E8EF; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #91A2B6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

3+

Even though she hadn't needed to, the wolfdog decided to explore. She'd grabbed Senorita, she'd left Cercatori d'Arte, and she'd ridden...well, wherever the horse wanted to take her. It so happened that Senorita wanted to travel south, away from the place they had decided to make home and into different smells and senses. The trip was an interesting one, her pink eyes darting over new features and new creatures. Animals didn't stay still for long, of course, but she managed to catch sight of a rabbit or some sort of winter-loving bird. Each new sight brought a laugh from her.

Though the animals and ground were enough to excite her, Krystalle's cheer exploded in a show of Spanish exclamations as she noticed the ruins of an old town. With skillful gestures, she guided her friend toward it; she was a collector, and ruins offered her a chance to find works of art. "I promise it won't be too long, mija," she whispered to the mare, patting her neck with a reassuring hand. The companion creature had never enjoyed closed towns or cities, preferring to roam as she pleased. Krystalle had simply never gotten over living at her home with her family, and couldn't offer her friend what she really wanted.

With a careful sort of grace, she slid from the back of the horse, rubbing her shoulder to comfort her. As the two made their way through old streets, looking at old buildings, the wolfdog wondered who had lived there before. In her home, there was more explanation of humans and their habits, of what they wore and what they did, of what they learned. This place was so different from the city of Lost Angels, however, and it left her mind searching. "More rural than anything, huh, chica?" Her musing was to herself, but seemed to be directed at the horse. Senorita balked once or twice, following her canine friend with all the desire of a wild badger in a cage.

Krystalle herself seemed unfazed, until sight of a stranger brought her attention away from her search for interesting artifacts. Sure enough, she hadn't been imagining him. A strong looking man with a strong looking horse, and the strangest way of wearing his mane. He painted his face and his chest, had feathers strung to strands of longer white fur, and the whole image left the Californian in awe. Certainly better than some pieces of broken pottery or a painting hidden beneath the snow. She tugged Senorita on a path toward the male, the mare calming down at the presence of another hooved creature. "Hola! Are you looking for interesting things too?"

<style>
.krysta-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.krysta-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.krysta-z91 b {color:#d28d18; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.krysta-z91 {background-color:#270901; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... letab1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #d28d18; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.krysta-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

If possible, the town had become even more of an unsettling place after the storm. Not many windows had been broken the last time he was here (and he had broken one himself), but now he could barely see any panes of untouched glass. Some of the roofs had collapsed under the weight of the snow, just as the roofs of the huts of AniWaya had. Were the winters in this land always this harsh? Nayati certainly hoped this was not the case, else they would need to rebuild their village every spring and that was no way to live. The storm had seemed to come as a surprise to Dawali though, and so it could be safely assumed that no such thing had occurred the winter prior. The Utina was never a fan of the cold season, but he was more ready than ever for it to end. He could not work on a new hut for him and his mate while the snow was so deep. There was plenty of room for them in the Town Hall, but it was not a home.

Iye and Nayati picked their way carefully through the town, the man's nerves sparking and crackling, waiting for any sign of trouble. His unease in these old human places would surely be deemed irrational by most, but to him it seemed a place where dark spirits would gather to plan misfortune. Look what had happened to that race, after all? Had they not met their doom? The less he had to do with the relics of that dead race, the better.

He had heard the sounds of approaching paws and hooves and his eyes turned to take in the rather interesting appearance of a woman walking beside her mare. Her hair was styled in a way he had never seen before, and the clothing she wore was just as much a mystery. The Utina was not one to judge on appearances though, and the woman seemed quite friendly as she approached and asked him what he was looking for. The initial word she spoke he did not understand, but the rest were quite clear. "I am actually looking for blankets and wood and other supplies to help my tribe. We were hit quite hard by the storm. Most of our homes were blown down and I thought perhaps this was the best place to look." His eyes made another uneasy sweep of the town. He slid down off of Iye's back, so as not to seem rude. "I am Nayati Utina, of the AniWaya tribe," he introduced with a smile.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatimist-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.nayatimist {margin:0 auto; width:457px; background-color:#ADBECF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... /nmist.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7C90AB; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E1E8EF; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #91A2B6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

3+

She was glad that he hadn't been startled by her, as making possible friends uneasy was not what she wanted to do. Her approach was slow, not wanting to make his horse nervous, but she was attentive. She listened to his words, taking a mental note of what he was searching for and who he was. His name, Nayati Utina, was a strange thing, but it was just as strange that he was from 'the AniWaya tribe'. Another word she wasn't used to, tribe brought about the thought of old relics and structures from times long before. Krystalle's face lit up, wondering what life in a tribe was like before remembering her own manners.

"Krystalle Horzana. I've come and started to live with...with..." Like an idiot, she had a moment of blank thought, forgetting the name of her new family. Her flopped-over ears twitched anxiously, eyes falling sideways before she found the name she was searching for. "Ah! Cercatori d'Arte. I live with Cercatori d'Arte," she corrected, tapping the pink spot on her nose with a knowing finger. She hadn't forgotten, not just yet, and she was sure she could remember it better the longer she remained there.

Senorita stepped back and forward again, drawing the wolfdog's attention toward her with eyebrows raised. She expected she was fine, but placed a hand against her shoulder to offer some direct comfort. The mare would survive, and a moment like the one at hand might not approach her again.

She moved her eyes back to Nayati, smile remaining firm. "I didn't know the storm made it here; I had a run in with it a few weeks ago." It was a shame that others had suffered to the degree he mentioned, losing homes. The stub of a tail she posessed wiggled beneath the green material wrapped around her waist, hidden from view but displaying a sense of inner cheer. "What's AniWaya?" she asked, expression rather blank apart from her grin. She started to wonder if she could offer them the help they surely deserved, either by helping now or later. She was new to the land, and new to her new home, but help for others was something she believed in strongly.

<style>
.krysta-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.krysta-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.krysta-z91 b {color:#d28d18; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.krysta-z91 {background-color:#270901; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... letab1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #d28d18; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.krysta-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

The snow certainly helped to alert one to signs of approach. When he had been here in the warmer moons Moonfyre had startled him quite badly; he had even drawn his hunting knife in defense before he realized it was a member of his tribe here with him. This place put him enough of edge without being scared by the unexpected arrival of another. It was lucky for both him and the woman that he had heard her coming towards him. The doggish woman seemed quite interested in him, and he had to say he was interested in her as well. Like he had thought before, he had never seen anyone quite like her. As she introduced herself, it seemed very odd that she could not immediately recall the name of her pack, but perhaps she was simply quite new here. "It is nice to meet you Krystalle. I do not believe I have heard of your pack, but I also do not leave AniWaya often." He really only left the tribe on necessary missions, such as this one.

Krystalle's mare seemed to spook for a moment, and the hunter couldn't blame the animal at all. This was no territory meant for creatures of nature and the earth. "What is her name? This is Iye," he said, placing one of his own hands upon the shoulder of his steed. Nayati had always had an interest in horses and found the bond that formed between them and their companions something extremely special. When he thought Iye might have been lost to the storm it had wrenched his heart.

"Yes, it did, and unfortunately we were not prepared for it," he said with a sad frown. It had cost them quite dearly in many respects. Many had asked him the question the colorful woman had just spoken, and each time he was not entirely sure how to answer. To him, it was home and all he had ever known, but to most it was something out of the ordinary. "AniWaya was not here originally, we come from a different place. There are actually two parts of our tribe, the part that is here, and the part that is farther away. I am originally from the Great Tribe, but I came here to help this smaller tribe. We have certain rituals and beliefs that tie us all together." Well, he felt he had done a better job explaining this time than he had on previous occasions. He was learning.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Krystalle's smile never faded, flopping ears twitching as she took in his words. He was polite, even when he spoke about the horses, asking the mare's name and giving the stallion's in turn. Iye. The name rolled over in the Californian's head a few times before she repeated it. "Iye and Nayati." They were strange on her tongue, tinged with the faint traces of Spanish accent that lingered on her voice. "This is Senorita. I found her near Nevada; she's not so fond of cities like this," she explained. The paint huffed and clomped at the ground, as if she knew she was being spoken of.

The wolfdog tapped her fingers against the mare's harness. His explanation about his tribe was interesting, piquing a curiosity that hadn't been so active since the disappearance of her dual-persona; AniWaya was truly a unique sounding place. Her sympathy for them rose. "Maybe I could help you find things; places like this are always filled with good stuff. The things that lived here before were so interesting," she spouted, gesturing to rundown buildings that had clearly suffered in the snowstorm. Cities, and towns and villas and anything truly human, were not unknown to the Latina. Her life had been lived amongst the large ruins of a large city, collecting artifacts that exemplified human life. Though Senorita didn't approved of wandering strange settlements, Krystalle herself loved to hunt the areas.

<style>
.krystalleno-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.krystalleno-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.krystalleno-z91 b {color:#804e32; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.krystalleno-z91 {background-color:#fefefd; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... letab2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.krystalleno-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Different as she appeared, Nayati was already growing to enjoy the presence of the interesting dog woman. He liked to think of himself as a fairly good judge of character and everything about Krystalle spoke of someone he would like. Of course he meant that in the completely platonic sense. He had a mate, and Liliana was the only woman for him, he had eyes for no other any longer. The name of her horse also hit his ears strangely, but the word had a lovely tune to it that was only accentuated by Krystalle's light accent. "I do not blame her, I find them rather intimidating myself." The hunter was not ashamed to admit this fact. Something about these places just made his skin prickle. The only human building he had any experience or comfort with was the stables in AniWaya, but it was no so different from the stables the tribe would build, only made more sturdily.

At her offer to help, the man visibly brightened, the ghosts that haunted this place not seeming quite so near. "That would be much appreciated, if you have the time. I do not know much of these places and so really do not know where to look." If he had to search on his own, who knows how long it would take him to track down what he needed. Krystalle not only seemed comfortable in the ruins, but also seemed to have much more knowledge about them than he himself did. Nayati was a proud wolf, but he was never above accepting help.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The hand gesture is a 'rock on' thing, to clarify. At least, I think it's rock on. It's how I do rock on.

Her mind bolstered with excitement as she offered him her help, and he seemed equally happy about it as well. With an amicable pat to the neck, she let her four-legged friend go; the mare sniggered and trotted off to examine the ruins on her own. The Californian clapped her hands together. "I have all the time in the world, I promise." Her smile widened, head turning to search what she could see of the once-human town. Buildings still stood, but windows were destroyed and roofs had collapsed. What the town had been like before left her mystified and curious. "Blankets. Well, I think most houses would have blankets; even some of the stores might have them. They might not be in the best shape, but maybe I could help repair them?" Her feet carried her to the broken panes of glass in the nearest window. Human households were, without a doubt, curious. Luperci seemed to live similar inside of the buildings.

She scanned the interior for signs of what they needed. "What else did you say you were lookin' for? Wood?" She turned to look at the creamy white male, raising an eyebrow. "Lots of buildings might still have wood in them, too. And with the snowstorm, maybe it's all broke up for you, mi querido." Her thumb, middle and ring fingers tucked against the central paw pad of her hand, offering Nayati a once-human hand gesture she wasn't able to clearly name. Her head turned back to the house, wrinkling up her nose in thought. "Why don't you like human cities, Nayati?"

<style>
.krystalleno-z91 {background-color:#fefefd; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... letab2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.krystalleno-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

That's how I do 'rock on' too! Big Grin Of course Nayati will be completely clueless though, lol. 300+

He was quite lucky to have arrived here at the same time as Krystalle. Perhaps the Spirits were finally looking kindly back on the AniWayans again, though honestly he had no idea what would have brought down their spite on them in the first place. Either way, Nayati was just happy to have a guide to help him search this strange human village. The foreign fey released her horse to do as she wished while they looked, and Nayati gave a nod to Iye to express the same meaning. Whenever he needed the stallion again, he would simply call. "It is quite kind of you regardless, so I thank you." There was nothing forcing her to help him search out here in the cold, even if she did have the time, so her kind gesture lost no meaning to him.

The Utina listened as she explained where blankets could be found and he was intrigued to learn that she had the skills to repair them if they were damaged. "You are a craftswoman then?" he asked with keen interest. His mother, Talulah, was a craftswoman back in the Great Tribe. As a boy he has always loved watching his mother create things. He himself had some small skill in being able to create a handful of things, but the things his large hands made could not be called beautiful by any means.

Nayati followed Krystalle as she peered in the broken windows of the houses. "Yes wood, for burning, and building if possible." Wood for the fires was the more pressing matter, but once the snow melted they would need wood to rebuild their huts as well. It was comforting to hear they would likely be able to find some firewood here, and already broken up would be even more helpful since he could bundle it up on Iye then. Her last words and the hand gesture she gave him he didn't understand, and his strong head tilted to the side in curiosity. "What does that mean?" Meaning the gesture, or the words, or both. "This is the only one I have ever been in, but it just has an ill feeling to me. It all seems so unnatural and puts me on edge. I cannot explain it very well, it is just a feeling I get, likely no different than the feeling Senorita gets." It was something instinctual, not necessarily sensible.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

3+ XD Well, so long as we know what's up!

His expression of thanks brought her spirits up, boosting her mood and solidifying her love for helping those who needed it, but she knew it wasn't necessary. She would have helped him even if he was rude. It wasn't just him, after all, but an entire family of Luperci who needed the materials and items he was searching for. The smile that had permanently glued itself onto her maw seemed to infect the rest of her body, giving her a bounce to her steps and a light behind her pink eyes that had only ever been there for Bartholomew.

While she scanned the nearest home, making conversation, she noticed a few scattered items left around the ruined furniture. Nayati's words reached her before she tried to enter the broken window, allowing her to stop and realize the dangers of pressing passed broken glass. "You are a craftswoman then?" Her head turned toward him with a subtle expression of curiosity. "A craftswoman...? Oh! No, actually...I'm not." Embarrassment roamed over her features; she couldn't really make much out of fabric. Actually, she couldn't make anything at all. "I make nice pottery, and I can make blank books, but I can't really...uh...sew anything from scratch. I can repair things." A firm nod confirmed her statement.

The hand gesture seemed to confuse him as much as his earlier words had confused her, and it brought a laugh from the wolfdog. "Oh it's, like, nothing really. Rock on, y'know?" she tried to explain. It wasn't really something she was sure she could explain properly, but it was worth a shot. As he explained his distaste of the human settlement, she made her way to the door of the home, knocking it over with a few well-placed blows from her shoulder. "I've always lived in places like this. Back home, it's a lot bigger, with more buildings and stuff. Better condition, too."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Lol, yes! X3 300+

AniWaya had faced strife and hostility in the past. Not here in these lands, at least not so far as he was aware, but back where the tribe had originated. He had not personally experience those horrible times that had forced the whole tribe to uproot and move to more peaceful lands, but the stories and recountings had run rampant in his life. Sometimes people, outsiders, would judge them for simply being who they were and one could not always trust strangers, much less expect help from them. Nayati had never met any kind of hostility here though, and was happy that Krystalle was of the same friendly ilk as the others he had met here.

The doggish fey seemed about to crawl through a broken window and he was about to exclaim for her to stop before she cut herself up, but his previous question distracted her and she appeared to think better of the idea. Krystalle answered that she was not a craftswoman, and seemed embarrassed about this, but as she went on to explain what she could do the man only smiled larger. "You still sound like a craftswoman to me. Crafting includes many things, not just fabrics, at least in the tribe. My mother makes baskets out of woven reeds, among other things. She's one of the craftswomen, Equa Gatlvska, in the Great Tribe." Nayati missed his mother, and the rest of his family, and there was a momentary sad glint in his eyes.

She attempted to explain her gesture to him, but he still didn't really know what she meant. "I do not really, no. This is a good thing, though, yes?" He at least thought he had picked up on the positive connotation of it. They moved to the door of the house and he would have been happy to break the thing down himself, but Krystalle took care of it before he even had the chance to offer. The hunter was intrigued to learn that she had actually lived in the remnants of the human civilization where she was from. The image he conjured in his mind was a startling one. "Everyone lived in these places where you are from?" It seemed very odd to him, but if he thought a little harder, he supposed it wasn't that difficult to imagine.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She was glad they seemed to be hitting it off and, as she slammed her athletic build into the jammed door, she continued to smile as Nayati asked questions and explained his way of thinking. She was an artist in her own thoughts, but a craftswoman in the tribe he was part of, like Nayati's mother. The mutt laughed a gentle laugh, amused by his confusion at her hand gesture. "This is a good thing, though, yes?" It was charming and adorable, bearing innocence that she didn't see in herself or her male friend in Cercatori d'Arte. "Yeah, it's good." A grunt escaped her, the final push sending the door crashing into the ruins and allowing them safe entrance into the unsafe structure.

The Californian took careful steps into the building, pink eyes searching the remains of human life with curious sight. Her flopped-over ears twitched as the Utina spoke, her head turning toward him briefly before she knelt to search the junk. "Well, I did. I think Mars and Barty did too. Way back home, back where my dad's family lives, not everyone did. There aren't a lot of places in the desert. Mostly sand and pointy plants." While she had left her home willingly, she couldn't help but feel a sense of regret; her father had been a good man despite his radical ideas about the world. With a heavy sigh, and heavy heart, she picked through mostly garbage before finding one of the treasures the white wolf had been searching for. "Here! I found something." A tattered, quilted blanket with minimal damage to the construction.

[/html]
[html]

300+

There were many things about the world that he was wholly ignorant of. When it came to his tribe, the man was more or less an expert. However, outside of the microcosm of AniWaya, Nayati could be and was quite uninformed. He had never had any desire to learn about the humans and the things they had left behind. The Utina barely left AniWaya's lands, for the tribe was quite small and there were few senior and experienced wolves. Even now in such a time of need he hated to be gone, especially since Dawali's leg was broken. Talking with Krystalle was helping to take his mind off of his many worries, aside from the immediate ones, momentarily though and it was a nice reprieve. Nayati smiled as she confirmed that her gesture had in fact been a positive one, and now they could enter the old building.

As before, the hunter followed the dog woman and he sneezed at the cloud of dust that had been thrown into their air when the door had been broken open. Distantly he wondered how long it had been since a living soul set foot in here. It was hard for him to picture where she had come from, images of these large structures mixing with pictures of the desert. It seemed a wasteland in his mind. "I have heard of deserts, but never seen one with my own eyes," he commented. "We build all of our huts ourselves, but clearly they are not so sturdy as these buildings." Even if they were damaged by the storm, they had not been utterly destroyed.

Krystalle said she had found something and Nayati came to inspect closer, seeing the blanket she had found. Carefully the man picked it up, and looked over it with a smile. "Wonderful! A good wash in the river and it should be ready to use." It might still smell a bit musty, but that would fade in time. Besides, he was in no position to be picky.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Failpost. -.- Sorry.

As time progressed, she continued to harbor interest in Nayati Utina's world, the world of AniWaya. He had never seen a desert, and his people built their homes by themselves, not unlike her father's people. The mutt woman smiled, watching as he took the blanket and exclaimed that it was wonderful. "My dad used to build his own homes, but, like, I don't really do it anymore," she explained, digging through the unused rubbish for more treasures beneath the surface. "The desert's real hot, so I don't like doin' much. Human houses are just easy, y'know? My dad always said that life should be easy." Quoting her father was strange, as she had long since banished the radical hippy from her life, but it suited the moment. Her life was, for the most part, the easiest she had known. Her mother's family was far different than her father's, and even her father's life had hardships.

"I think we could make houses like these, since we can, like, see how these are made. It'd just take time. I dunno if it's worth it," she offered, tugging a more bug-eaten quilt from the ground to study. Holes had riddled the blanket, and she shook her head, casting it to the side with a grimace. A blanket with so many holes wasn't any good to keep out the cold, she was sure.

[/html]
[html]

Psh, nah <3 300+

Nayati was so relieved to have found even one blanket so far. It was amazing how such small treasures could brighten ones day in the face of such catastrophe. His attention returned to Krystalle as she spoke of her father. It sounded to him like she had not lived with the man much, if she were used to human houses and he had built his own. It was hard for the Utina to imagine a fragmented family before he had left, but he understood such things more now. "Yes, I suppose they would be easier," he assented. "The only human structure of any use in AniWaya is the stables, and I do appreciate that that is there. They are much harder to construct than simple huts." Of course, when he was rebuild his hut it would not be so small and simple as his last. It needed to house not only him and Liliana, but whatever children they brought into the world in the future.

Krystalle did have a good point that he had not thought of though. Even if he would be averse to using a place that had actually been built by a human, there was no reason he could see not to learn from the way they had constructed their buildings. "That is a good point. It would take time though, yes. Perhaps someday..." Interesting an idea as it was, Nayati doubted he could ever want to abandon the huts he was used to. He was a traditional sort of person. His companion found another blanket, but it seemed to be in rather poor condition and she cast it aside. Out of the corner of his eye, Nayati caught sight of some sort of crate or trunk and walked over to it curiously. "Would there be any blankets in there, do you think?" He easily could have found out himself, but opening some strange object made him a bit superstitious and he desired Krystalle's experience and opinion.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

They had stables in AniWaya, but that was all that was left of human structures. Strange. Even her new home, Cercatori d'Arte, had human structures within the small village on the lands. Perhaps that new place, in all its rural glory, wasn't so accustomed to standing human buildings. Maybe the pack she had joined were the exception and not the rule. She tilted her head in thought, rubbing at her cheek. The Santos family, her mother's family, lived the same way as Anchjo Horzana, building their own homes or sleeping under the stars. It seemed to be that Krystalle was the weird one.

Nayati agreed with her about using human construction to design their homes. She smiled, scavenging while thinking. "Not really a carpenter myself. I write books, and I make books, and I can make, like, pottery. Do you read?" That also seemed to be an oddity about the Californian mutt. Anchjo could read, and Maribel could read, but the majority of her families were illiterate. Still, she didn't give up in her passion. Since she had learned the complexity of language, she had found writing a necessary outlet for bursting stories told in her youth. She'd filled pages with the things her father fantasized.

The Utina found something, but seemed hesitant to open it as she looked over. "Would there be any blankets in there, do you think?" The pink eyed female blinked once, then twice, then stood and moved closer to the trunk. "Yeah, maybe. Or dishes. Or, like, other things." She gave a nod, but didn't seem willing to open it herself. She'd wait for the creamy white male to do it, and go through it once it was deemed safe.

[/html]
[html]

300+

Nayati had not been with the party of AniWayans who had initially scouted out and then claimed the land that the tribe now called its own, so he could not say why they had chosen it and not some other location. He had a hunch though that it was the absence of human structures that had been one of the positive aspects in deciding to settle where they had. Not everyone in the tribe was as averse to the human remnants as he himself was, but they were a people built on tradition and the way they built their villages went along with that. He did not know how it was for other groups and packs, simply how it was for his own. Though he did remember Anu saying that her pack also lived in a large human made house.

"Neither am I. I can repair things, if they are simple enough, but that is the extent of my skills. I will definitely require help to rebuild my hut." Though he wasn't sure who exactly would or could help him. He should probably begin to inquire about that. When Krystalle asked if he read, the Utina shook his head. "I do not know how. AniWaya passes its stories and history down through telling." If you wanted to learn something knew, you asked to be taught it, and if you had a story to tell, you told it. That was the way things had always worked for him, and he was a creature of habit.

As he pointed out the chest, Krystalle came over and looked it over herself. She said it was possible there might be blankets in there, and if there were it stood to reason they might be in better shape than those laying out in the open. Bravely Nayati moved forward and carefully opened the chest, though he gave off the distinct impression that he was ready to jump back if something unpleasant were hiding inside. To his relief though, there were blankets inside. Quite a few, actually. "Look! There are blankets!" he said with a grin, looking back to Krystalle.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It seemed the Utina's judgment was spot on, and as he opened the chest, she was relieved to see no dangerous creature pop out of it. Instead, she leaned forward as he exclaimed about the blankets. "Oh, right on!" Her body rocked forward on her toes, pink eyes surveying the bedding locked inside of the trunk. Someone had stocked up, perhaps for the cold winters like they were undertaking at that moment. It was just what the AniWayan wolf needed, and one step closer to his freedom from the human place. "This is so great, mi querido! Just what you were looking for, aye?" Her hands tugged blankets out of the trunk and fanned them out into the air, trying to remove dust and debris so she could study any damage to the fabric.

They all appeared in good condition, probably due to the fact that they had been locked away in a chest for years. A few wear spots, but nothing that was detrimental to the function. If she'd had a tail, it would have wagged a mile a minute in joy for the cream-white Luperci. Wood was next on the list, but she could tell from the ruins of just that home that it wouldn't be a lost resource. Planks from the walls and some beams used to reinforce them were scattered around, broken but usable. The Californian mutt rose to her feet, brushing her blonde bangs from her face. "So wood, right? Should be easy. How much you think you can carry?"

[/html]
[html]

Nayati could hardly believe their luck. Of course he had hoped dearly that the container would have blankets inside, but a grim practical part of him had doubted this would be the case. It was nice to have his doubts proven false. There were plenty of blankets inside the chest and as Krystalle took some of them out and looked over them they all appeared to be in good shape. "Just what I was looking for, yes. The Spirits must be smiling down on this excursion for me to discover such a boon." Maybe the good forces in the world had not abandoned AniWaya after all. It was a relief to think that the tribe's luck was perhaps making a turn back to the positive.

Krystalle seemed so happy as well that he had found what he was looking for. She must be a deeply empathetic person and such a trait was greatly admired by the Utina male. He certainly hoped that this would not be the only time he saw the mixed breed woman, and made a silent mental point to himself to invite her to visit the tribe sometime before they parted ways this day. Next was the wood, and looking at the blankets in the trunk he tried to calculate how much timber he could take in addition. "Hmmm, likely not too much; I do not wish to burden Iye. A good bundle or two." They could even wrap the wood in some of the blankets to keep any jagged pieces from irritating the horse's hide.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
3+

As expected, he was just as glad to see the blankets as she was. One by one, she pulled them from the trunk to examine the fabric and quality, tossing away any that she felt weren't suitable for use by Luperci. It was her luck that most were in good condition, given safe haven in the walls of the chest instead of left to rot on the ground. Her stub of a tail wiggled beneath the green kilt wrapped around her hips. The next item, wood, was an easier item to find. The house itself seemed to have a wooden frame. She started to fold up the blankets, one by one, and piled them together. "I can help you carry things if you need help, Nayati. You could bring back more to your tribe, without the strain to Iye." Senorita had never been a beast of burden, but she was strong enough, and two horses meant twice as much.

Turning her back on the blankets, she started to search for something that could dismantle the frame of the ruined house, and others nearby, to enable the cream-white Utina to get his fill of wood. She searched the room, and other rooms in the dwelling, before finding what she needed in a small closet. Though a crowbar would have been more useful, she managed to get her hands on a rusted shovel; the iron head was still in good enough condition to break apart something simple. Her fingers grasped the wooden handle and she brought it back to the male, slinging it over her shoulder to carry it. "If you want to pack up Iye, I could start to get some wood," she offered. It wasn't difficult to pry boards and studs from walls, and she wasn't a weak woman, for certain.

[/html]