History repeating itself
[html]

durr Big Grin

Lids hooded lavender gaze as the male made his way through the flora, towards Nayru’s home. His head was crowded with thought, but he believed he saw what he wanted clearly now. Perhaps this was a right decision, perhaps not, but it was his to make, and the male had thought things through several times. The girl was promising, always had been. She reminded him of a better version of himself. There was promise here that he wanted to explore further. And there was also the new knowledge he carried along with him. It almost made this situation ironic, and a sheepish smile graced the worn male’s lips as he found his way to Nayru’s lovely little greenhouse.

The autumn hued Soul male did not assume that she would be home, but with her recent injuries he had a hard time imagining the young woman roaming the lands without trouble. ”Nayru?” the male shouted, wary of threading into her home without a vocal invitation from her. The male silently sat, curling his white tipped tail around his neatly placed forelegs of cream as he hopefully waited for the spotted female to appear.

<style>
.conorvinter2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conorvinter2 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conorvinter2 b {color:#6a4587; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Weeee. 414

The voice woke her from her slumber, which was something she had done a lot of in the past few days. The snow that had piled up around here home had a few foot prints coming and going, but they were not her own. Farore stayed with her, and Gideon came and went, and although the two were both very kind and patient Nayru found herself withdrawn from both of them. She allowed them to tend to her as they saw fit, change her head bandaged, bring her food, touch her if it pleased them, but she could only watch them with distant eyes. Ruby eyes followed the pair, especially if they both were in the same room at the same time, and it was always so painful to see either of them. Although they were the only faces she saw in the past few days, they seemed strangers to her and she ached to be able to connect with them again. Yet unable to do so, mostly she slept.

It was neither of their voices that rose her this time, and it was strange to hear someone else calling out for her. Just the sound jolted her, caused her a bit of energy that had been lacking since the accident and she quickly brushed herself off, adjusted the necklace and anklet she wore and moved swiftly to the door, opening it wide to find the face of Conor on the other side. Although she was very pleased to see him she did not greet the man with a wide grin, but rather a very low bowed head and a soft murmur. "Conor." How very good to see you. How very kind of you to come. How are the others? but the only words that came forth were "I apologize for my scarcity. I will soon resume my patrol on the eastern borders, of course." As if he had come to chastise her for not performing a duty that was no longer even her’s to do. She was not a spaher, or a jager or anything of the sort, but up until the snow had come she had been doing it all. And then the glass had come crashing on her head, I haven't been feeling well. I had an accident. but she didn't like to talk about it or think about it or offer any excuses. And now she was doing nothing, and because of this she dared not meet the man’s eyes.

[/html]
[html]

durr Big Grin

Lilac pools shone as the bi-coloured form of the girl without surname came into sight. It was a given who she reminded him of now, and it was actually odd to think that he had not guessed the truth before. His mind had already visited the correct answer at an earlier time before he had had the pleasure to meet the Dahlian guest, Farore, but his mind was always swamped with several matters and the guesswork had been forgotten. But now he knew, and who would suit this job offer better than she? Her eyes were kind, and her greeting was polite and proper. The young woman should laugh more often. She had always been a serious child, but she possessed a silent personality; an old soul. She would do well.

”Do not apologize,” the male spoke, stepping closer to her ying & yang form. It was not her duty to patrol the borders anyway, but he appreciated her dedication nevertheless. ”You were hurt and should take all the time you need to recover,” he added, adding a modest amount of superiority in his voice. The male’s tail wagged behind his autumn hued form as he approached her. ”I met one of Dahlia’s guests this other day. She said she is your sister.” And the male’s friendly smile could live on forever with its softness. How wonderful it must be to hold all the puzzle’s pieces and finally be able to complete the mystery about her family.

<style>
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ears perked at the man's kind words and she lifted her eyes to him. The closest being to a father figure she had had for the majority of her childhood. Yet in a way they had also been equals, friends. She had never been afraid of upsetting Conor, for that had simply never been an issue in their relationship, and so she did not fear him or his authority, she had only ever respected it, perhaps too deeply. If Conor said to rest, she would rest for as long as he liked her to. "Thank you. My head is healing, slowly though. The wound was deep but soon I think I will be able to leave my greenhouse." The stitches that either Gideon or Farore had set in her skin were crude and unpracticed, but they were covered with the lightly blood spotted cotton gauze she wore now. Nayru couldn't even recalled the memory that would tell her which unskilled hand had knit together the bleeding wound on her head. Trying to only gave her a headache.

The next words that came from the man did not surprise her, but a slight flutter found its way into her chest. Farore was prone to sticking her nose where it did not belong, and it seemed that keeping to herself was too hard of a task lately. Who else had her sister been conversing with? "I hope she did not cause you any trouble." And yet Conor smiled, and it was a smile she was familiar with. It was the same kind smile he had given her countless times when she was child and when she was still capable of playing like a fool in front of him, for however short that phase of her life had been. She had grown up too quickly in many ways, and yet even now she was a naive child before him, ruby eyes questioning and her words coming out as unsure whispers. "I did not know Farore was coming, but she wishes to stay with me a while, if you will allow of course." And yet Conor still beamed at her and Nayru couldn't help but return the facial expression just then with her gentle half smile.

[/html]
[html]

durr Big Grin

He had expected nothing less from the young girl. But she was no girl anymore. He had not known the white Rosea well, and if he had he had been too young to remember it. Now it seemed so obvious. Cercelee and Nayru were not the same, but he thought he recognized traces of similar souls. It was strange that he had not guessed who her parents were before; almost silly. But time had provided him with the answers he had wanted, and along with that he had decided on doing what he thought was the right thing. Perhaps it was not, but doubt without evidence would not stop the Soul male. He needed players to lean on, and Nayru would be a brilliant candidate despite her young age.

”I’m glad,” he spoke, though was somewhat distracted by the train of thoughts clogging up his weary mind. First things first. ”We’re looking forward to having you up and about again.” The wound could have been knitted together better, but as long as no infection or similar had occurred, Conor had felt no need to interfere with its healing process.

”That she did not,” he reassured the female as she seemed to worry about her sister. And if the girl wished to stay, he could not think of a reason why this could not be. Sometimes he had to wonder if she asked out of mere politeness or because she thought there was a chance he would do something against her wishes. The only reason that would drive Conor to put his foot down was if Dahlia and its members’ safety would be at stake. ”She can stay for as long as she wants.” Nayru’s sister seemed like a sweet being, and it had only been pleasant to converse with her, and he had learned much.

”How does it feel to know that you have a family?” he asked, though his voice did not change. Nayru was not his child; he did not have a right to interrogate her. It was merely curiosity, as usual. Conor’s own family was a joke, and no one was left now. He was on his own, but he had accepted that long time ago.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Nayru only smiled and bowed her head as Conor spoke. He was too kind, wishing her well and allowing Farore leave to stay for as long as she liked. He had always been kind to her, but then again he had been kind to everyone. Any soul that had shown up at his doorstep in need of shelter or food had never been turned away, and Nayru felt very blessed that such a kind heart had been the first to discover her on the pack's borders. Had anyone else found her and taken her in she wouldn't be the same creature she was now, the man before her was responsible for shaping some aspects of her even if neither of them acknowledge or even realized this. Although she worked for Dahlia de Mai out of love for her home and its inhabitants, she hoped that Conor was pleased with her actions. He was one of the few individuals she feared letting down. Gideon and Saluce were the others. Although Saluce's strong hold as a tutor and mentor was waning and if her actions went against his will she wouldn't be too torn. Everything she did, she did with the best of intentions and as long as she didn't let Dahlia de Mai down she was pleased with herself. If Conor was also pleased, so much the better.

His next question struck her and lifting ruby eyes to the man she did not hesitate a moment in her reply. "I have always had a family." Didn’t he know this? "You, Bris and Gideon are my family." And Saul and Range and Melee and Eclipse and the list went on as those who loved the ones she loved kept cropping up. She couldn't help but love them as well. And then guilt struck her. Was this fair to Farore? Or Din and her parents for that matter? When they had been away she hadn't turned her thoughts to them, feeling that one day her sisters would reunite with her. Now it had happened and Nayru was not surprised by how little it excited or pleased her. It seemed normal, natural and she was neither overjoyed nor upset. It was only happening the way it should. "And Farore and Din are my family too. They always have been and always will be… but Dahlia de Mai is where my heart rests." And this was the truth that she had conveyed to Farore, who seemed not to accept it and Nayru could only hope Conor understood this.

[/html]
[html]

durr :B

How much of him was fake? Perhaps the genuine desire for all to be all right shone through and hid away the weariness that he dragged along with him, heavy as a bag of rocks. Perhaps it was because he could feed from those around him. This was all that Conor had ever wanted. He had it all, and the words that the female before him spoke warmed his compassionate heart. There had been times when the male had been uncertain about Nayru. It had been hard to see whether or not she was happy here, but then again she had never given him a reason to think otherwise. She was quick to criticise herself, but so was he. She was afraid to let people down, but she wouldn’t. In that manner, the two of them were quite alike, but Conor was a firm believer.

”Thank you for saying that. It means a lot to me,” he said, knowing from the warmth within his chest that his words were as genuine as they could be. Nayru was family, and he was glad she had come to Dahlia de Mai. It was an egoistic thought, but it was true nonetheless. A nod of acknowledgement was given as she spoke the words he wanted to hear; that her heart belonged to Dahlia. He understood what she meant, and that was why this was the right choice to make. She was much older than her actual age suggested. She would do a wonderful job.

”You belong here as much as anyone,” he said, turning his gaze to lazily examine his immediate surroundings. ”I’m glad that learning of your family did not jeopardize that.” For he did not want to lose her. She was one of the constants in his life and he did not wish to see that change. ”There’s something else I wanted to talk with you about,” he then added, bringing lavender back to obtain eye contact. Perhaps it was wrong to toss it at her like this, but she would survive. ”I want you to become Dahlia’s gamma,”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The words that floated softly from her lips, just simple and matter of fact words that conveyed her meaning as best as they might, seemed to please him and for this Nayru was grateful. If anything she could do would cheer the male or make his life easier in any manner, she would do so. The patchwork patterned woman had never stopped to consider if the others considered her family as she considered them, it was irrelevant. They never outwardly spoke of it, but Nayru had never felt the need to. Their stance for her did not influence her thoughts about them; she was far too dedicated for any doubts or unrequited feelings to interfere. Yet that her love and devotion caused him joy had never occurred to her either, and now she regretted not expressing the sentiment before. The regret quickly fled, because they were speaking now and there was little room for regret in the life she led.

Nayru nodded, as if his words only confirmed what she already knew. Nayru did belong here, even if at times she felt she did not live up to Dahlia de Mai's expectations. Farore's arrival, and instance on her departure, did not change this. Life as Nayru knew it was here. Dahlia de Mai, and Conor, had given her a home when she had gone astray. Most everything she knew she had learned from those who had passed through the borders of Dahlia de Mai. And the white lady had left her here. Left her with a purpose which Nayru still did not know fully but knew that she would only come to understand if she persisted on here. She had no desire to be elsewhere. ""This is my home. For always Conor."

And that was where it ended. Or so Nayru thought. The next words to come from Conor's mouth caused her heart to hammer, although this sudden internal change did not manifest outwardly. Merely she raised ruby eyes to meet Conor's lilac gaze. Rarely did she question those she considered above her, and Conor was above them all. Yet as she had once before in their relationship, she questioned his judgment of her. Her voice did not shake, though she was hesitant to defy any request of his."Why me?"Why not Saul, or Saluce or even Bris? They were her mentors, her teachers. Surely she hadn’t surpassed them? Surely she did not possess anything they did not. Surely she was just a small player in the greater game, and couldn't Conor see how inconsequential she was?

[/html]