and remember that you too will die
Mandatory -- everyone needs to post just once. Smile We'll leave the other pack thread going till it runs out of steam, since you only need to post here briefly. Your character needs to just show up, pretty much, and report anything they saw or what they can help out with. I'm going to start out with everyone gathered automatically, so do what you will with that. Smile

Also note that the thread with Jefferson's accident has not yet been started, but it will be postdated to the snowstorm when it is. XD Derp!

[html]

Postdated to the morning after the storm ended.

He had never known such chaos, in all the many months he had spent as an unwilling leader. Not when DaVinci had stirred up trouble with Inferni and Gabriel had come knocking at his door looking for blood; not when Geneva had tumbled and had to be rushed halfway across the continent to AniWaya; not when his children had suddenly reappeared, looking to behead him one way or another. Jefferson knew trouble well — he dwelt in it constantly even against his will, even though the scarred monster had not committed much of a crime since Maluki's demise. He had served as a leader honorably, protecting his pack and family, and other than a few scraps had only attracted trouble, not caused it.

And yet, somehow, he had ended up without an arm.

He existed in a cloud of excruciating pain; red and gold flashed before his eyes constantly, and more than once had he dropped blankly into the snow, overwhelmed and unconscious. They had wrapped it, stopped the blood flow, but the leader had hardly recovered neither physically nor mentally. Yes, he had known a one-armed life beforehand, but it was different then — the arm he used had been his good arm, and enabled him strength the other arm didn't. Now, only the shitty, scarred, awful arm remained. When the pain biting at the remaining stump of a shoulder subsided, whenever that would be, the brute would be cursed to using only the arm he had once declared useless and held in a sling. He had no other choice.

But Jefferson was unrestrained. He had slept the night through much against his will; he worried for his members and would have been out seeking them throughout the evening, but the strain of his lost arm forced unconsciousness upon him.

Dawn's first light — the first sunlight to break through snow-ridden, overcast clouds in days — peeked through his bedroom window and startled the male awake. For a blessed few moments he forgot all that had happened, and then the surging pain returned to him and he crawled pathetically from the mattress. The brute struggled with the bandages, disposing of those with no white still visible through the blood, and then pulled one of his thin, plaid shirts, and stared at the empty sleeve. He dwindled in the open area that was once the living room and kitchen, bathed in mounds of snow and coated in glorious sunlight thanks to the portion of the roof that had flown off and into the barn house. He stared at the debris, the room spinning in the midst of clouding pain, before he stumbled out onto the porch.

He summoned them with a call, as confident and assertive as he typically was, despite his condition. One by one they arrived looking wary and downtrodden, and when enough had gathered, the Patriarch finally spoke.

"There are new faces here," he began, though it was clear he did not desire to dawdle. "If you have not met me, I am Jefferson. I am the one in charge of this mess."

"The devastation is unspeakable," he began, turning his eye to the ranch and barn alike. "The house is still in one piece, but the roof flew off into the barn. Most of the animals are dead, and we almost lost Xeris, too. I watched Eagle Tower fall over, and I saw a few cabins collapse in. There's a lot of trees down. That's about the extent of the damage I know of." He dipped his head. "If you know more, speak up."

He listened through their answers, a stony presence in his scars, a nearly unfeeling expression in his eye. The biting, burning pain in his arm only augmented with the bitter cold of the morning. He winced at times, twitched at others, but otherwise behaved as if nothing at all had happened. "We have to start rebuilding, somehow. I need volunteers." A pause. "We won't fix the collapsed cabins; there are too many of them already. We need to focus on the ranch's roof, and a temporary shelter for the livestock that survived. The barn needs to be rebuilt completely, somehow. If you have any ideas, speak up. I expect all of you to take up some sort of responsibility in all this."

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

There was a call that he could not ignore no matter the pain, no matter what happened the silver male would not ignore the Patriarch’s call. Pushing his pain stricken body the male barked letting the black and white female know that he was going out, he did not want her to miss the chance for Noah to show her off to the pack. After the house fall in the silver male knew that they where meant to be together. The male dipped his head to the leader”Jefferson.” He said flatly, it was not that he was upset with the leader the pain just made him no mood for being kind or his normal chipper self. He shifted and hopped over to a spot and laid down waiting on his un-official mate and his sister.

After the pack had gathered the male listened the best he could to what Jefferson was saying, The silver male stood up slowly as he looked around.”Use the o..ouh..old wood that’s in gu..gu..good shape to re-ruh..-re-roof ranch. Use tu..tuh..the down trees t..tuh..to make fence and a.uh..uh..a lean way.” The male looked around to see what others thought about his idea, he didn’t think it was all that bad.

[/html]
The gray gloom of the sky that winter morning bled into a lighter hue as streaks of sunlight parted the clouds. With her lime green eyes trained upon the treacherous horizon, the light gray wolfess felt resentment flooding into the pit of her stomach to pool into her throat. She raced as quickly as she could through the snowdrifts, sinking deep into the masses of white that dominated the ground. She continued undeterred, battling, throwing her insignificant weight into each step she took. With every footfall, she fought her way closer to home.

The cloud cover hovered above her head, each dark, insubstantial specter hanging like a bird of prey above her. There was nothing she could do to fight the onslaught of snow, although Lord knew that she had tried with every fiber of her being. It had taken her days to reach home, days that were saturated in a deadly white daze. She did not think she could numerate the days. She had been unable to tell time by the sky. She could only judge time by how hunger clawed at her like an angry thing.

She had spent a day and a half trying to advance carefully through Halifax, where she had been when the storm had hit. She had gone on a pointless expedition to gather non-essential supplies at first. But when the disastrous storm had hit, she had tried to pick up objects that might be useful when she would return to the Valley pack.

However, as the hours went on and stretched into the first night she had had to spend alone in an abandoned shop in Halifax, she began to realize the gravity of the situation, and the implications of the storm. She had no idea what kind of home she would be returning to, but she was determined to make it there as soon as possible. She had been so far removed, she did not know what to expect.

As she finally made some headway, a call that made her heart ache at its familiarity pierced the frigid and eerily quiet air. Geneva clutched her tattered satchel to her side as she made her way wearily, but with haste, to the ranch house. She stopped short, surveying the damage that the storm had brought upon them. But after that scarce moment, she only had eyes for Jefferson. And her eyes swiftly moved to Jefferson’s tattered form, her gaze greedily taking in every detail. And when they fell upon his injury, she said nothing, except to make haste to stand at his side, a silent silver shadow over his shoulder.

Noah spoke and Geneva absorbed his impeded speech, although her face was still turned to Jefferson before she turned her gaze to her pack mate. She nodded her assent wordlessly, although she spoke, adding to his thought. ”Some of the wood from the cabins might be salvageable. We should send out groups to judge the remains of our ruins and collect available resources,” she said almost numbly. She had expected things to be bad, and her eyes sought out her son from the crowd, desperate to also ascertain that if he wasn’t at least whole and healthy, he was alive. She knew that Jefferson would never let anything happen to their child. Whatever had happened to Jefferson could have killed him, but Geneva knew that there would be time for them to be themselves, just Geneva and Jefferson, later. First, he would have to see to the welfare of their pack. It was his way; he very rarely put himself first. But when he was ready to accept care, comfort, or just to talk, Geneva would be there for him.

”Almost everything is damaged or has been destroyed,” Geneva added after a moment. ”I became lost in the storm,” her whisper-soft voice was rough from days of misuse. ”But I was able to observe the extent of some of the damage. Some of the Villa between the lakes appears to be standing, although I don’t know if it is stable. We could try to house some of the herds there, and take shelter there too.” She paused for a moment, eyes seeking the faces of each of her pack members before her olive gaze swept to Jefferson. ”Raven Beacon will still be standing,” she said with some quiet confidence; although she had not seen the light house, she knew in her heart that it would still be a safe place.
[html]

WordCount- 361

Ookami heard a call that he knew he should not ignore. He perked his ears, trying to figure out who it was.. Jefferson He finally recognized the Alpha's voice. He tried to stand, pain shooting up his leg. He still didn't know why his ankle hurt so bad. He tried three more times to get up before finally making it. He pulled his leg up so his back right paw was pressed against his belly. He looked around and sighed. He was in Adonia's cabin. She lay not to far off, sleeping he guessed. He walked on three legs over to her awkwordly. He nuzzled her side and barked, letting her know he was leaving and that she should come too. He limped out of the door and broke into a weird and jagged lope. He hadn't gotten a hang of walking with only three legs yet.

He made it to the group and looked around. He dipped his head and Jefferson and Geneva, who were already here. Then turned and did the same to Noah. He took a seat a little ways off from Noah and looked around. Wolves were silently coming to join the meeting. Everyone finally settled in and the first three wolves to come spoke. Jefferson had seen Eagle Tower collapse. He was pretty sure that was the name of the place where he had been buried under bricks and hurt his ankle. Noah had a good idea. Geneva wasn't here for the storm? He cocked his head and thought.. what could he do for the pack. He didn't know of anything off of the top of his head.. He couldn't do much at the moment cause of his ankle but he knew that he could push through the pain if it meant helping others. "Well we definatly need to see if we can find anyone that can administer first aid. As far as re-building goes all I can think of is get voulenteers and find dry and usable wood." His thoughts were obvious and he felt slightly dumb, but any suggestions are good suggestions.. At least he hoped this is how others saw his comments too.

<style type="text/css">
.ookamiautu-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.ookamiautu b {font-weight:bold; color:#689797; letter-spacing:1px}
.ookamiautu p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ookamiautu {margin:0 auto; background-color:#24528b; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2igj9rc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#518bba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #041b2e; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 316 3 points

Jace was asleep when the call came through, curled up under an uprooted tree. She lifted her head and listened, although she had never heard it before there was to be no mistaking the authority the howl held within it, the alpha was calling them all. Her stomach tied into knots at the thought of meeting them all together, she was both happy and scared.

She heaved herself out from under the tree, her leg protesting and her spine cracking. She reached over and grabbed the wooden stick she was using for support and began to limp towards the direction of the call. It took her a while and when she finally reached her destination she saw that several of the pack had already gathered. She smiled as she saw Ookami and Geneva, there was a third wolf she didn't know and the one who was unmistakably the alpha.

She gasped internally at the amount of scarring on his body, thinking that the pain of her leg equaled nothing to the pain all of those combined. She winced as she accidentally put too much weight on her bad leg. She filed his name, scent and voice so she would know him in the future although she doubted she would ever forget. Her eyes brushed over his form, not letting the empathy she felt show, she doubted he would appreciative of it, his stony gaze confirmed her suspicions.

She stepped forwards when it was her turn to speak, nodding her head to him slightly as a sign of respect,

"I was close to Eagle's Tower when it collapsed, and I am quite sure I saw some of the livestock whist I was there. If they are still alive it is possible they could be rounded up. Also there are a lot of broken wooden beams hidden inside the tower that could be used for extra firewood or to repair buildings." Her piece said, she moved backwards again

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jace "talks", 'thinks', and walks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Kaena Lykoi <3

<style>
.jace-mountains .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jace-mountains p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jace-mountains b {color:#16323D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

herp derp I am getting to my other threads eventually. why yes, I did make two separate tables for the snowstorm. image credit

The call had awoken the white wolfess from a restless slumber; she was still rather weak. Her eyes fluttered open, spots and sparks flying before them as the cut on her forehead throbbed with pain once more. She barely had the energy to get out of the bed, but knew that at a time like this, she couldn't ignore Jefferson's howl. Slowly, Xeris lifted herself from the bed, still in her two-legged form. The rest of her family had gone; perhaps they were out scouting the damages. But as she looked out the window, one thing was for certain--the snow might have stopped, but it had certainly left a disaster in its wake.

Slowly but surely, Xeris made her way to the place where the pack members had gathered, and sat wearily down against what remained of the ranch house's foundations. Her eyes had momentarily shifted toward the site of the barn as she recalled what had happened there just a few days prior--but then she got a closer look at the Patriarch. She'd known him to be scarred and ragged--though from what or whom she didn't know--but he looked worse than ever. And his arm...his arm was missing. His good arm. Xeris never learned the story of how Jefferson's now single arm had been maimed so badly, but recalled seeing it in a sling and scarred. She had thought that what happened to her during the storm was bad....but she couldn't imagine what Jefferson must have been going through.

He began to speak and she listened solemnly, dipping her aching head a little at the mention of her name. She was shocked by the damages that Jefferson recounted. So much of the Valley territory had been destroyed. The others began speaking briefly, telling of what they had seen and encountered, and once a quiet moment came up, Xeris spoke as well. "I have been recovering for most of the duration of the storm," she began, her voice unusually gravelly and a bit disoriented-sounding. "But I believe that most of the area around the lakes is relatively unharmed. And my family will be happy to help in any way that we can."

<style>
.xerav .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.xerav p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.xerav b {color:#363636; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.xerav {background-color:#4d7ebf; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/33p7ac6.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.xerav-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.xerav .inner {margin:10px 10px 290px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He arrived with the others, as his father’s call indicated that he should, but the boy did not lift his ocean eyes to meet anyone else’s gaze as they filed by one after another. Pripyat did not wish to see the signs of damage that had been done upon some of their bodies, especially that of his father’s, who before he imagined could not possibly suffer any more scars but had proven him wrong once again. His own body was unscathed, more or less, but the guilt that hung about his neck was unbearable. Logically he knew that what had happened could have been helped. The slate brute couldn’t be blamed for anyone else’s misfortune, but as there was no one to point a finger to it was easiest to point on at himself.

The weather was certainly out of his control and when the white flurry began to block vision and smell the youth had been rendered helpless. Pripyat had wandered here and there, hoping to come across someone, until he was force to take refuge himself. He had not been there to rescue anyone, to keep any buildings from collapsing, to find his mother who had been missing, to round up the animals. He had only been allowed himself to become trapped himself and in need of rescuing. And though they all were now assembled, he still felt trapped. Still felt just as useless. The boy stared hard at the ground, his jaws clenched hard and his ears prone to falling back against his skull whenever anyone’s voice rose.

Even when his mother arrived and provided a short lived flood of relief at the knowledge of her safety he did not lift his head, but kept it bowed and listened passively as the others around him spoke. Jefferson spoke the most, and Pripyat tried to block out the words. Jefferson wanted help, suggestions, but what help could he possibly be? The others chimed in, wood, animals, snow... The words blurred into one another. Once Geneva spoke of Raven Beacon and the guilt doubled just then, for Pripyat felt he would rather be there and left alone than expected to help fix problems that he had no idea on where to begin. His home ruined, his father maimed, his pack confused and many homeless and all he could do was stare hard at the ground, hoping that perhaps it might open up to swallow him whole.

<style type="text/css">
.Pripyat_road1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#42536f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Pripyat_road1 .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#45607d; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Pripyat_road1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Pripyat_road1 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#E5DE9A; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Pripyat_road.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 275px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a4a3a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Pripyat_road1 {width:450px; border:0px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Temo Wolfe

Temo couldn't sleep well that night. He woke up early and wandered the snow covered forest until he came out at the top of a hill. He stared up at the sparkling stars through a break in the clouds. They seemed to be close in the cold, early morning air. He was there for hours watching it get lighter out as the sun rose. He looked out at the snow covered landscape that the storm had left behind.

From off in the distance, he heard a wolf howl. A commanding voice that is not used to being ignored, calling a pack together. Memories of his birth pack dance in front of his eyes as he continued to stare out at the white world. Then he remembered that Jace and him had just joined a pack just before the storm tore though. He looked in the direction the call came from for a moment's thought then proceeded down the hill in that direction.

Quietly, Temo approached the meeting area. A bit nervous, he stays in the back, and sits in a shadowed area and surveyed the group that has accumulated so far. He spied Jace and quietly made his way over to her and sat next to her, a quick grin given to her that said "Hi" without interrupting anyone. Thoughts ran through his head as he listened to everyone as they spoke and his eyes wandered over the damaged structures.

Temo "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#A2AECC; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc: 394

Ty sat silently amongst the group as they all made their suggestions, not wanting to stop all their ideas. He had been one of the first to arrive after Jefferson's howl, but since he had been so quiet his presence was most likely unnoticed as the other wolves discussed what to do amongst themselves. Jefferson was first, as always, to discuss the most important matter at hand; the snowstorm. Like he had said, the snowstorm had ravaged Phoenix Valley, it tore down buildings, trees, and probably killed a few animals in the forest. It had brought the pack to its knees in its vicious winds and piled on snow. Ty himself was rather surprised not to see any casualties of wolves yet.

As protocol, everyone began to pitch in ideas and offer their help for the pack, which always put a warm feeling in Ty's heart. He was always proud of how together the pack was, practically one big family when it came to situations like this, and he couldn't help but smile. One wolf had suggested they used the wood from the collapsed houses to put on roofs, to which to spoke out for. "Got to agree with the stammering wolf there." Ty stated. "The ranch needs to be repaired, and the leftover materials from the broken homes would work there. In fact, I volunteer my house for that..." Ty let a chuckle escape his lips. "After all, my house was flattened when the storm started, lucking my cabin had a basement, so everything important is still intact."

Ty then went silent for a bit as the wolves continued to talk, but that brought an important issue to Ty's head, one that nobody was talking about. "Whoa, wait a minute, what about shelter for the wolves who lost their homes in the snow? It's not like they can make shelter now, there is too much snow to find goo structure anywhere!" He stated, now stepping forward to make sure the wolves hear him. "Now, I've been scouting around and I know for a fact there is a rocky area near the quarry that has some caves, and there are plenty of homes that stood the test of weather in the Mirror Lakes Villa. So if anyone needs shelter I can help direct you to a place to stay until the weather blows over."

<style type="text/css">
.tysunset b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tysunset .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tysunset p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tysunset {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/9vblmc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B8B8B8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

A mess of dappled fur was asleep on the floor of a cabin in which still had every wall, as well as a roof. Since her own home had collapsed, and her accident had left her numb to the world for several days Tala had nothing left. Her home had been torn to pieces by a rogue tree, her body had been ravished by cold and blood. Her consciousness had been taken from her, all that had been left was a body. Even it the mess, she had been taken in by Noah like they were actually litter mates by blood and not just a mentality. He had let her stay here, despite his relationship with Yuki being so strong, blossoming so quickly. Their kindness to her could never be repayed by her in just one lifetime.
The sleeping mass of fur had been awoken by a distant call. It was the sound of Jefferson, calling the entirety of the pack together for a meeting of one topic or another. Surely it was about this snowstorm that had turned the pack, and it's territory, upside down in a current of mass destruction. This was a meeting she would have to attend. Her head was clear enough now that she was stable to walk, even find her way around again with little troubles. The fae pulled herself up to her feet slowly and truged out of the small wooden cabin into the light. The bright white of snow and gleam of sky stung at her eyes causing her to wince and shut her eyes quickly. No, she must go. This was no light manor.

She followed the direction of the howl on light feet until she found the growing gathering. Many bodies were already here, many had yet to show. Had they lost anyone in this storm? Who had come to them seeking refuge? Tala did not know, and that scared her. Bodies were taking turns talking, adding their two cents until a conversation of destruction and rebuilding was fluid. Gazing upon the bodies what Tala saw broke her fragile heart. Many had suffered a great amount of pain in this storm.... even Jefferson, he had lost an arm. Yet he still summoned the pack like a strong soldier. There was a reason this man was their leader. Tala listened for a great deal of time. Learning what she could before she would put even a thought into this pot.

"I lost my home, I sustained a great injury to my head that could have cost me my life if I had not been rescued by Noah and Yuki, to them I owe my life. I will do whatever I can to help rebuild broken buildings, tend to injured bodies... whatever I can do, I will try." It was not much, but the Djose woman was not broken entirely. The snow had not beat the kindness from her heart.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hello everybody

Ren walked towards the rubble. He heart sank at the sight of all her pack members and Jefferson without an arm. She picked up speed to her comrads listening closely to Ty and Tala "I have plenty of room in my cabin for any of those who need a home. Its a sturdy place and as the snow begins to melt we can clear away new spots and find wood, but Ty is right it will take time. I've got a shed ful of logs for those who need it for fire and an entire pantry full of dried meat and loaves of bread. I'm prepared to house my pack. You guys are my family. However I feel that I will not be in pack lands too often. I understand we lost alot of livestock. If you let me Jefferson, I wish to travel and negotiate with other packs to help replenish it. I'm almost posetive the numbers will be small this first year but I believe that with my help I can rebuild what was lost to us." She didnt volunteer to do anything else. She knew those in the pack would take care of things in pack lands.

Ren sat down calmly, hoping that Jefferson would allow her to serve as a representative fro the pack. Though her absence in pack lands within the next month would be great, she was willing to travel each week to the packs to gain something if anything to get livestock back. She was also hoping to get a horse....the oppertunity came up and she just couldnt pass it by. "Having others in my home in my absence is not a problem for me. I will try to keep my travels to a weekly thing that way I can keep tabs with all of you and quickly bring in the animals that we gain." she frowned for a moment and looked out into the destroyed field and broken barn. "In my time here I will also help rebuild this place. After all we need a place to put the stubborn creatures" She offered a smile, in hopes that it would bring everyone whos hopes were lost and feelings were down a sense of comfort, the worst was over "We may have lost so much my friends, but not all is lost, its time to rebuild and I for one will not let this storm take me down. I'm going to help as much as possible to see that this pack of ours is back on its feet" She was happy that most were ok, she had gained news of some death, but she, with a releived sigh, saw no missing faces that she recognized.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Sorry I'm late... again again

Pendzez had been inspecting around the lakes, to inspect the damage. There were some fallen trees, mainly the less thicker ones. The other ones, which were more thick, were still standing upright in the ground. There was some washed up debris of trees and wood along the banks. He had done a few laps starting from his cabin, and the the damage he has seen done was the final result.

He had finished his damage survey just before he heard Jefferson's round up call. He immediately ade his way back to the cabin to check on Xeris, however, to his surprise, when he walked in, he found the bed which Xeris was lying in before he left, was empty. Xeris was gone. It was obvious. She had gone to answer the Patriarch's call. He immediately went off to the meeting.

Upon arriving, found Jefferson, his fellow pack mates, and his mate there. He came bside Xeris in case she was to collapse. She had not recovered properly yet, she was still somewhat unstable. He saw his old friend Ty there, giving his support and Rendall too, who was cheerful and energenic as always. When there was a small moment of silence, the white male spoke "I've been around the lakes, there are quite a few trees and washed up debris on the banks, possibly from other fallen cabins and trees, could be useful for repairs and firewood. I'll go down later on and salvage whatever I can."
Angel snuck in and knew she was late but she was able to grasp the jist of the conversation. Seeing all the new faces here was a beautiful sight as it seemed that their population had bounded overnight! Angel smiled to this and then caught the importance of the meeting. Buildings had collapsed, most of the animals were dead, and others were without homes. Angel nodded as Jefferson spoke of the meeting she worried for the animals for some of her horses too were dead. With him requesting volunteers she rose a paw.

"With my experience with the animals I will be more than willing to tend to first aid not only them but to whoever else needs it Jefferson, given my previous rank was medic here in this pack."

That was one of the most important things she could do right now was to begin first aid to the injured and to the surviving livestock if they needed it. It she was needed in another portion of the pack to do something else then so be it. With her having the necessary skills of a first aid woman she was more interested in healing the injured. Seeing Ty she nodded with him in agreement as he spoke of the rock quarry that he had been staying in. Indeed it was a good place to hide from the storm and it was probably the best place to administer healing there for the wolves at least.
[html]

Perhaps pride would have blossomed in his chest further had the bitter pain of his severed arm subsided even the slightest; he feared for frostbite, although measures had been taken to avoid it and it was wrapped well, but as far as injuries went the male feared losing his life so easily. As they spoke, his thoughts drifted, just briefly; had he died, who would have succeeded him? Geneva would not have been able to lead Phoenix Valley alone, she simply would not have been able to handle it. Ty, perhaps; he had always been charismatic enough... as he should be, since Jefferson had mentored him in his youth, and his father was an ex-Valley leader.

Most encouraged salvaging for usable wood, at which Jefferson nodded stiffly. That much was obvious, though the ranch's roof could wait until spring. Finding homes for the members was an effort that needed their more immediate attention, and as his gaze passed over each of them individually, the brute knew few were in any condition for hard labor. It was decided, then, quietly in his mind, far before they were done their reports, but still he said nothing.

He eyed Ookami with sympathy, now a twin missing a limb as well. A glance over Xeris told him she was doing well after the accident, thanks to his aid; Geneva was holding up fine despite her disappearance and separation from the pack; Pripyat hung his head, clearly plagued with guilt, and still Jefferson said nothing. There would be a time to speak with his son about what had happened, but now was not that time.

"Seeing as most of you are injured, we will save the heavier repairs for the spring," he said quietly when the crowd fell silent, expression still stony and without emotion. "For now, scavenging for useful wood would be best. Go through the collapsed buildings, all of you, and between now and spring pull apart what can be used. It the wood gets too wet it'll be useless, so we need to get that separated sooner than later and cover it up."

A sigh. "Those of you that got hurt — Xeris, Ookami — I want you to stay with Angelique until she gets a good look at you. Angelique, your medic rank is restored. Make me proud."

His gaze shifted. "Ty, Pendzez, I'm putting you both in charge of recovery efforts. Scout down everything that's broken or collapsed and start scavenging for wood for the spring. Rendall, Xeris, make sure everyone's got a place to stay. Geneva, keep tabs on everyone, and report back to me."

"Those I've named are those that I've had the most experience with and have been here longest. I trust them. The rest of you, I expect you to report to these individuals in charge. Help them out where you can, scout around the territory, do your rank obligations. Watch out for each other. When the snow starts melting, repairs will start then, so keep that in mind. Be ready."

A pause. "The ranch is destroyed, so we have no choice but to move. Geneva and I will be living in the small church in the villa near the lakes if you need us. Don't be afraid to come in."

Finally, he lifted his head and nodded. "All right, that's all. Keep up the good work. Dismissed."

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]