Ain't Nothin but a Dream
[html]

Windsong yawned, stretching her long slender body, swishing her tail in the air. She licked the blood of a mouse off her lips, the only product of a three-hour-long hunt, and rolled around once happily in the snow. Bored yet elated, she padded back into the woods, basking in the weak winter sun. A band of hawks circled above, letting out horrible screeching noises as they searched for prey, and Windsong watched as the swooped down one by one and came back with small bloody things in their claws. She shuddered, glad she wasn't a small furry critter.

Watching, she started to feel sleepy, and resting her head on her paws, she decided to take a nap. Then, suddenly jolting out of her sweet dream of running with the wind, pursuing a herd of deer, she felt something slinking into the forest behind her. Standing up, she suddenly spun around, and got ready to bolt.

<style type="text/css">
.windsong01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #003000; }
.windsong01-ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #003000;}
.windsong01 p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.windsong01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#005901; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/ayojkh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #B9D7C5; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B9D7C5; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.windsong01-border1 {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

+WC: 229 OOC: Hey hope you don’t mind me jumping in. Just to let you know Shaw is massive, hse’s about 8feet tall ^^ and he is also in Optime form <3

Shaw was a very happy man, yes, he had proposed to the woman he loved and she agreed, now how could things get better? Well they were growing in numbers and abilities. Orin’s pups were soon to be born, and he would be a father, though he was apprehensive, he had little skills with pups, so it was strange that when he came upon something he was thinking about in the middle of the forest, he almost imagined he was imagining it. The large man stopped and looked at the strange white pup. Being as tall as he was, he made sure to stop. He smiled a little and knelt down. He could see something had scared her, though he doubted he was trying to scare anyone, it could have easily been him.

Hello, my name is Shawchert, I’m the leader here, you must be new? What’s your name?

He asked calmly, making sure to keep his hands visible and his eyes on her. He hoped she would talk, he wanted to know who she was. He did make it his business to know all the members here, or at least try to get to know them. What was a leader he wasn’t there to lead, and how could he lead if he didn’t know his pack mates? The young pup must have an interesting story to tell nonetheless.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The little girl started a little at the voice, her eyes widening, then let out a little squeal of surprise as she saw the gigantic wolf looming before her. "My name's Windsong. I'm new here," she said in the calm, bored voice she reserved for strangers, standing erect with her tail low but not between her legs. She looked up defiantly, biting back a hiss. Who was this, she wondered, and why was he so huge, and why was he walking on two legs? She stepped up onto a log daintily, picking up her small paws and retracting her claws, trying to make eye contact with the big male. He seemed unusually happy, considering that most large males were not very kind towards little pups they didn't recognize. "I know you don't recognize me; I came here yesterday, after wandering for months, traveling all the way east from the other coast." She paused, waiting for a response.

<style type="text/css">
.windsong01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #003000; }
.windsong01-ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #003000;}
.windsong01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#005901; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/ayojkh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #B9D7C5; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B9D7C5; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

+WC: 241 OOC: Random, sorry :3 He’s still a little “a pup what do I do!”

The puppy gave her name, and stating exactly what he had thought, yes she was new here, that helped him a little he didn’t want to think someone was new when they had in fact been here for a long time. She then stated she’d just joined his pack only the day before, well he was glad that he was not that late in meeting her!

Well then I gladly welcome you. Are you currently staying with anyone right now?

He knew that being as young as she was she couldn’t stay by herself, if anything he’d let her stay with him and Sky, though he didn’t know how Sky would take it he would have to talk with her, but doubtless Skye had gotten to him before he did, though it was not too much of a disappointment if she did, the puppy would have a place to call home in any case.

Have you ever heard a flute before?

He asked fiddling with the wooden instrument that was strapped to his neck. His expertise came from the small instrument as well as wood carving but that would be boring to show her, though if only he had his carvings he could at least given some to her, they were all little figurines of different animals. He was a generous wolf, so being able to give something to someone who would want it made him happy in many ways.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: This one's really really short, even for me.

Windsong looked at the huge male, beginning to relax. "Well, I'm, um, staying with Skye right now..." she trailed off, uncertain, as he surveyed her and asked his next question, and for the first time she noticed the strange instrument bound around his neck. It strangely resembled the piccolos and clarinets her pack used to play many months ago, yet it was different somehow. "No, I don't think so. I've heard instruments that look kinda like that though, called the piccolo and clarinet. You like music, don't you? So do I, and my former pack has always been musical, especially talented with the piano, but I was never good at playing instruments or singing anyways." She looked up expectantly, her bright green eyes fixed on the male, unblinking.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

+WC: 156 OOC: just to let you know pups don’t start changing until after 6 months of age, unless they had a really traumatic experience.

He smiled as she mentioned two wind instruments that could have easily been thought of as a flute. He knew of them, but had never played them. He only knew how to play the flute.

This is kind of like those, but slightly different. I’ve been playing since I could change.

Shaw said and he picked up his flute. He started playing it, a soft slow tune at first but then he had it pick up. The tune was danceable for sure, but he would remain still. He only played for a short time before stopping.

Once you are older you might find it easier to play instruments. And practice always makes perfect, so if you like something, never give up on it. But you’re young, give it time.

He said. And he started playing his flute again, a lively little beat that he’d liked as a puppy, though his mother had played it for him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Windsong smiled as she heard the flute, remembering a smaller, higher instrument that her father and brothers used to play. "Change? I haven't heard that term before; I just assumed that pups looked different from adults and we would become taller and bigger someday. And I probably have more talent at dancing than playing instruments, because most of my family's feminine line are professionals." She listened to the tune he was now playing, and began to dance, tapping her feet at first, then spinning, pirouetting, swishing her body gracefully to the fast little tune she recognized as a jig. The sunlight shone on her silvery white fur, making her flash colors iridescently as she danced. She was aware only of the wind blowing past her body, she sound of music in her ears, and she almost didn't want to stop as the song drew to a close.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 199 OOC: Rawr!

In Character

Shawchert was pleased to see the puppy twirling around in a dance, he wanted to show his amusement but he kept his flute to his mouth and the song continued on. The song wasn’t too long, but he played it another round again knowing she seemed to be having fun. Once finished he let his flute drop

Where did you learn to dance?

Shaw asked, he was impressed by the puppies moves for she really was just a puppy, but it seemed she grew up dancing even before she grew up walking. It made him think of himself, though in a different light. He was in love with the music, but it seemed she was made to move her feet.

I think you should look for Valinta, she’s our local dancer, she might be able to help teach you more dancing if you want!

Shaw said and this comment made him wonder what his own children would be like. What they would enjoy doing, if any of them would ever have the love of music like he did, or books like Orin. It made him think of a future he wasn’t sure he was ready to have.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Gonna wrap this up soon

The music tingled in her ears, making her think of past days, and she didn't want the big male to stop. She felt a smile spread across her face as he asked his next question.

Windsong, fidgeting, paused, trying to think of a good way to reply to his question. Well, she hadn't really learned to dance anywhere; she'd just always been able to do it, from the time she could stand up, she'd watched her mom dance and learn from her moves. "Well, I watched my mom dance when I was little, and as soon as I could stand up I tried to mirror her moves. My sisters were better at hunting than dancing, though, and my brothers weren't interested in the arts at all; all they cared about was play-fighting."

"Valinta? What does she look like? It should be interesting to learn some new dances, as all the dances I know are based mostly off improvisation, and are in 'pacific' style. I'll try and find her, if it won't be too hard."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]