Lesson Learnt
OOC- 3+ Points

The Gata Hineyu was sat patiently scribbling words down into a book. He for the past ten minutes had been waiting for his little friend Ayasha to visit for her lesson. Maybe she had decided not to come, but she seemed more than happy enough to learn the lore, he supposed pups were not the best timekeepers.

He wrote the basic's down first: fire, water, air, wood, earth, sky, most of the simple short words he had remembered. The story was still fresh in his mind, he was sure Ayasha would happily sit in his warm cabin while he told her it.

His home, while modest, was very modern for an animals home. The seating was made up of two large batterd sofas and a (unmatching) deep, and equally bettered armchair. All three items were old and worn, but they served their purpose. The fireplace was still strong and a fire burned brightly in it, though it wasn't as nice as the great fire. Wood stocks were piled over the other side of the room by the door, large doormat spread before it. A medium sized table lay to the side of the fireplace, four home made, luperci sized chairs surrounding it. Another two doors led off to other parts of the cabin, namely the two large bedrooms, a storage room and the kitchen.

The entirety of the place was neat, most things had their place and it was warm and well built. The cabin had stood well in the storm, just as it had stood well during the decline of the humans and the many years after that. Though it had not been perfect when J'adore had found it. It had needed much care and it still did, but for now, it was fine for the Spaniard and his visitors.
Ayasha came bouncing into J'adore's cabin. She was really excited about learning whatever it was that he had to teach her. She beamed at him as she looked around his cabin. It was a mixture of a bunch of furniture that looked used but cared for. "Hi, J'adore! I like your cabin." She gave him a big grin.

She looked around at the furniture. "So what where should I sit? And what will you teach me?" She was a tad over excited. She was almost vibrating because she was so excited. She then remembered some manners. "I wanna thank you for teaching me." Then she got excited. "When are we gonna start?"
OOC-Use this to reference the story. Feel free to PP his teaching Big Grin

Bombarded with questions, J'adore smiled. 'Sit anywhere. I'll tell you a story. You welcome. We're gonna start now'. He was out of breath by time he had finished answering the pup. 'I'm glad you like my cabin' he added, sitting down and patted the seat next to him.

J'adore began his story as the pup sat down. He was pretty sure he had memorised it well.

When he finished the story he turned to Ayasha. 'How did you like that?' He hoped he was being a good teacher, he usually was, but due to the fact he was still a little shaky he may not have been at best standard.

'How old are you now?' he asked, remembering her love of horses. She must be getting near shifting age, but he doubted she was quite there yet. He had promised to let he ride Inez when they were both old enough, and Ayasha was due to be ready before him. She could always ride Fuerte though... He was a gentle, easy mover. He would suite her alot better than Vasquera, the strong, showoffish cremello stallion J'adore normally rode. It was true 'Quera had a mind of his own. It was unlikely Ayasha would enjoy a ride on him.

Yes, when she was ready she would ride Fuerte.
She sat down next to him, got comfy, and listened with rapt attention to the story. Though when it was done she had a few things she wanted cleared up. "Is the story real? And why would the ashes make white rings? Why not black?" She thought about the story. "I like it. Is it saying that sometimes the littlest person can be the most helpful?"

About how old she was, she replied, "I'm almost 4 months old. Why?" She wondered why he asked about her age. What did it have to do with the story. Sometimes adults asked question for the strangest reasons.
OOC- Sorry for this being very short :|

'Its for you to decided if it's true or not. Either way don't you learn from it?' the tan male smiled. He listened to her second question and then answered, 'I think it may be because of the temperature'. His answer was held back a few moments though, due to him considering his reply. 'Yes, I suppose it is. Dawali was a pup like you once, now he is the chief' he said, giving Ayasha a smile.

'I was just thinking... Your nearly old enough to learn to ride. Though it has nothing to do with the lesson. Do you wanna learn more?' he said, thinking what he could teach her next.

He supposed he could teach her the language, or the duties.
She nodded thoughtfully at his replies. She wasn't sure if she believed it or not. Nor did she completely believe his answer about the ashes. But her eyes widened slightly at the realization that Dawali did indeed start life as a pup. She gave him a smile back.

His reply about her age got a massive smile from her. "I remember you saying that I could ride Inez when I was old enough." About more lessons, she nodded her head emphatically. "What are ya gonna to teach me next?" She liked lessons.
'Yeah' J'adore smiled, 'But,mI doubt he'll be ready when you are. So you can ride Fuerte till he's ready'. He was sure she wouldn't mind. In the end she would still ride the chestnut Don horse.

'Either languages or duties' he mused. Either way he'd be happy to teach her. From the sofa where he sat he could see his axe, he could show her that. It was the only one he used for chopping trees for the fire.Not just the great fire but for all the fires in th packlands. He hoped she'd pick duties, he had memorised the off by heart and now did them every day, even if the stocks were full.

He looked towards the door, toward the small alcove filled high with logs. He then looked towards the fireplace, where a set of fire tending tools lay. He had bought these when he returned to Nova Scotia, they were decorated with dancing stallions, andulusian stallions to be exact.

The axes and the poker set were his own fire relics. Though they were not important to the tribe, they held a specific meaning to him.
OOC: Sorry for the shortness. Have to go to class.
She was a little sad about not being to ride Inez but could wait. "Alright, I suppose. So, for a horse, Inez is littler than em?"

She thought about her choices. "what duties would I learn about?" She hoped he could tell her about all the paths but especially medicine.
'Yeah, he's alot smaller than them. It'd be about two years, maybe less, before you could ride him. But you can hold that against me' J'adore smiled.

'Fire duties. I'm a fire tender, but I suppose I could teach you how to clean up burns and remove splinters and about general safety'. He had only just realised how much medicene ran into fire tending. J'adore had burn himself many times, only small things but they were still painful for a while. He'd got plently of splinters and he was very cautious about leaving things safely.

Which reminded him. He needed to make a safety cover for his axes and hunting knifes. He would deal with them later. Right now he was teaching Ayasha.
She gave him a mischievous smile. "I'll have to hold you to that, for your information." She tried to sound important but then gave a few giggles. She pouted at how long she would have to wait. "Two years," she whined, "but that's in forever." To a puppy that had even seen a year, two seemed like forever. Granted a day seemed to be a long time to her.

At the idea of burns and splinters, she looked at him like he was crazy. "How am I supposed to learn about them? Are gonna burn yourself and get splinters so I have to take care of them for you?" Adults had crazy ideas sometimes. "'Cause that wouldn't be fun for you." She however would be fascinated by medical care. "What's been your worst injury?" she asked curiously.

So far she had been injury-free, but she had seen her mommy die. She was still sad about death and hoped that she could help people from dying. And learning medicine was the way to do that. So, she looked at him eagerly, waiting to see how he would show her how to take care of burns and splinters. Though she looked around the room and saw an axe. "Where'd ya get the axe? Can I see it?"
[html]

out of character text

'It would seem so, thats three times more than what you've lived already. But it wll be more special if you wait, huh?' he said ruffling her head fur. For a pup who hadn't seen a year he didn't doubt it seemed a while to wait, but the best things were worth a wait. 'You know... you may be able to ride him in ome and a half years, he may be a bit older'. The dealer had only gave him an estimate on the age front.

'No it wouldn't be terribly nice for me. I'll think of something' he said with a grin. Hmmm, worst injury? It was probably the one one his eye. It was sheer carelessness that cause the scar, but he could still smile at his mistake. 'Probably this one' he said pointing to the long thin pink line that was either side of his eye, top and bottom.

'That is the axe I use for chopping wood' he explained, standing up, walking over and picking it up before returning to his young companion. He placed it down on the battered sofa they both sat on. 'It's the only one I ever use, well that or the other one, but the other one is broken' J'adore explained.

Do you wanna hear another story?' the Spaniard asked.

<style type="text/css">
.jadoreFIRE b {font-weight:bold; color:#fd7a20; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jadoreFIRE .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.jadoreFIRE p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jadoreFIRE {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4z9iq.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 290px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ab310a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Having trouble with the bold tag? Tongue

She didn't really like that reasoning. Though she did smile at his ruffling her fur. It kind of felt good. "A year and a half? But that's still forever." she didn't whine but she did pout. "Why do I have to be so little?" she asked grumpily.

Her mood brightened as he said that he would think of something else. "That's good. I don't want you to be in pain. But what would we do?" She looked at his eye. "How'd ya get it? There must be an exciting story as to why." She was sure that that was the case. How else would the world work?

She looked it over but didn't touch it. She had enough sense that the blade might cut her. Though she was curious why he didn't fix the other one. "Why don't you fix the other one?"

She really perked up about hearing a story. "Yes. Please!" She got really excited and practically begged. She threw in a pout for good measure.
[html]

OOC:

'Not really' J'adore laughed, 'It was more my own stupidity'. But he supposed he should tell her. 'Something fell on me. A human object'. It would probably open up more irrelevant questions, but he would try his best to steer Ayasha into learning.

'I will fix it' the Spaniard said after a moment of thought, 'I suppose with the storm, I've been putting it off so I could deal with my duties. I suppose I'll fix it later today'. He had been so busy with finding dry firewood and then going out to find yet more wood, this time for the repairs that were required after the storm hit.

J'adore told the story as he had been told. He was sure his companion would have many questions. 'Is there anything your unsure of?' he asked. The Spaniard had forgotten to ask if she understood before, he would not make that mistake again.

Do you want to learn the AniWayan language?'[/b] the Golden male asked, 'Well, some of it. I'm not the best person to teach this particular subject'

Wifey ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.roseyrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#fe3108; letter-spacing:1px; }
.roseyrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.roseyrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.roseyrose {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m59 ... ewcopy.jpg); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 375px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kemo
[/html]
She grinned at him. "I don't think you could ever be stupid. She paused thoughtfully. "Though you should come up with a more exciting story. Like you went up single-handedly against a bear and the bear lost with you only getting that scar. Oh! and say you were protecting a helpless pup."

At his fixing it, she asked, "Could I help?" She wanted to learn as much as she could, even if that meant helping fix an axe. Of course, she also wanted to spend time with J'adore. He was pretty neat. And was a lot of fun.

He had her rapt attention as he told her the story. She frowned. "Why were all the pups sick before the tribe became one?"

At his offer to teach her some of the language of the Tribe, she nodded emphatically. She was ready to learn whatever he was willing to teach her.
OOC- You can just PP the fixing of the axe in your next threads.

'I'll 'bear' that in mind nex time then'. His joke was weak, but it was an attempt. He would probably never fully lie about the incident which caused his scar, but it would be fun to play it up once in a while.

'Cool, we'll do it this afternoon' he told the pup, who's help would be welcomed. He could do it on his own, but with Ayasha's help there was no backing out of it or putting it of till tomorrow, and then the tomorrow after that, excetera.

The femme's next query was a difficult one for J'adore to answer. He thought for a moment before replying, 'I'm not sure'. His answer was honest, but he could sense Ayasha's disapointment from his brief answer and went on to add to it. 'Maybe it was the spirits trying to say they could work together better. As I said they were often at war and perhaps it was the spirits way of telling them to at like adults, to stop being silly'. He paused, thinking how a pup must find that, poor children only just starting life, dying before they could shift. But by all means he wasn't going to explain that by not sending their young out to mate with the other families, that they had started to inbreed. No, that was a conversation for an older Ayasha. 'Though it does seem a bit mean, killing off peple so young' he added quickly, after a few moments of silence.
She rolled her eyes at him. Sometimes adults have strange senses of humor. "Adults are weird." She stated, giving him a look that said 'your the prime example.'

She helped him fix his axe. She held pieces together and brought him supplies that he needed. And as she did she asked questions. Lots.

She was a bit disappointed with his short answer, but was happy that he had theories. She nodded about the spirits telling everyone to not be silly. "I think that the spirits are right. Adults can be silly. The spirits must be pups like me." To her it made perfect sense. She thought that adults were silly and so apparently the spirits. So therefore they must be like her.

She wanted to learn more. "You said that you would teach me the tribe's language. Will you?" She asked in a voice that said 'if you don't, I won't be happy with you.' He did after all promise, and breaking a promise was next to murder and bullying in her concept of serious offenses.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#jadore {width: 400px; background: #b6daae url('http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a428/schattenjager/Graphics/Souls/jadorebg.png') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 280px; border: 1px solid #77918f; font-family: "georgia", serif; font-size: 8pt; color: #6e435e;}
#jadore p {line-height: 10pt; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; text-align: justify;}
#jadore .ooc {color: #77918f; text-align: right;}
#jadore .speak {color: #77918f;}
</style>

This table is for J'adore Austral! Big Grin

'Aye, it was a loose joke' the Spaniard nodded, smiling also. Ayasha carried on and voiced that the spirits much be pups, again he nodded and spoke.'I think they can shapeshift and appear in any form', his voice was floaty, musing his ideas.

'Yeah, yeah, yeah, slow down' he said with a smile. Being around pups he missed Gloria. But sometimes he could just see past her eyes, make her teardrop blue eyes glow dahlia red, he could just imagine Gloria sitting in front of him.

Realising he had drifted into the clouds mind wise he coughed and turned back to Ayasha. 'The first thing to learn is the vowels. First is 'a', as in our english 'father' and AniWayan 'adadoda'. Can you repeat?". It was close enough to the words Ralla has spoken in his own lesson, where he was the student. 'It can also be a short A as in rival or tsayi, which means brass.. Gata in Gata Hineyu is a good example. Gata, of course, means fire, it is one of many words for it. It has the ah sound on both ends'. She was a pup, at that age they were likely to remember more.

[/html]
She frowned in confusion. "What's a loose joke? How can a joke be loose? Can it also be tight?" Adults used weird terms sometimes. Scratch that. They used odd terms most of the time. She sometimes wondered how they managed to communicate.

About the spirits shapeshifting, she replied. "But their main form has to be a pup. Why else would they not be silly like adults?" She gave him a look that dared him to disagree with her.

She listened to his explanation of the vowel a. "Adadoda. Tsayi. Gata Hineyu. What does Hineyu mean? And did I say the words right?"
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#jadore {width: 400px; background: #b6daae url('http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a428/schattenjager/Graphics/Souls/jadorebg.png') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 280px; border: 1px solid #77918f; font-family: "georgia", serif; font-size: 8pt; color: #6e435e;}
#jadore p {line-height: 10pt; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; text-align: justify;}
#jadore .ooc {color: #77918f; text-align: right;}
#jadore .speak {color: #77918f;}
</style>

Will you finish this off please Smile You can PP them moving to the workshop and just fade out Big Grin

'It means a rubbish joke, like nothing to hold it together' he explained smiling. But their main form HAS to be a pup. He laughed and gave a nod before replying 'Yes I agree'. He didn't, he believed that their true form was smoke, if the existed at all. But he wasn't about to crush his students own believes/

'It means...' he paused realising he didn't truely know, 'I think it means keeper'. He himself was only learning the tongue.

'Would you like to help me fix my axe?' he asked, trying to steer away from the language and onto fixing his axe, which had gone a good few weeks without a shard of TLC.

'Repeat what you can remember about what you learnt'. Their learning and teaching and question asking and answering went on for a while, perhaps and hour or so before J'adore.

[/html]
Ayasha glared at him when he laughed at her. But she nodded both at his explanation and agreement. But she didn't quite believe that he agreed with her. But she would let it slide. This time.

She thought it was strange that he didn't know what it meant for sure. Maybe he was learning like she was. She might just have to find out who else could teach her the language.

She nodded both at her helping him and repeating what she learned. The two of them headed over to his workshop and started to fix his axe. She would ask a few questions and he would answer.