Panic and Tears
Saphrina's heart sped quickly as if she was running in her sleep. Her pelt felt as if it was burning. She let out a crie of fear and pain, she looked around quickly. The forest was on fire! She thought to herself. Her heart raceing and her chest heaveing up and down while she slept dreaming. She let out another crie, She twitched even more trying to run away from the nightmare she was haveing. Her mothers screams and her fathers growl before he hurt her. Her eyes flung open and it felt as if the fire was around her. She felt as if she was on fire and she couldnt stop it! She wailed in pain her chest and sides heaveing up and down her breathing quick and weezy as if she was running in a fire. She looked around in panic and she let out another wail hopeing for her mother to come for her again. But the dream was just that. A dream, her mother and father were both gone but she tried to forget it and bring them back my crieing on the cott. She twitched slightly and continued to let out tiny wails her fur charred slightly from who knows what and she continued to cry as long as she could.
[html]

Spell-check spell-check >.> Also, I'm assuming Saphrina's a grey color, since your profile doesn't state otherwise...?

It was just two days before her departure, and Ralla's nerves were frayed from the preparations. Not only was she leaving behind her pack, she was leaving behind its safety and her newly adopted kin. Concerning newly adopted kin, she had been so anxious about Saphrina--she had been pacing in her hut some time before, this being uncharacertistic of the normally calm wolfess--and had decided to walk to the Town Hall to see her. It had been the Town Hall where Saphrina had remained for the time being, since it was easily accessible by a small pup in lupus form and where others could easily reach her. Ralla spent a lot of her time there in the days before, but she had also been preparing her hut for her long absence. Strolling along to the building, she stopped for a second when she heard the cry of terror, distinctivly a pup's. Saphrina! In a heartbeat she was racing off the rest of the way, terrified of what had caused the scream.

Bursting through the door, she saw no intruder or threat, but she did see the small child wailing on her cot, thrashing. Ralla hurried over and knelt, reaching out her hands to cup the pup's cheek and hold her side, trying to keep her from her thrashing. It amazed the white wolfess how small she was; the woman's two hands seemed to almost engulf the grey pup as she gently shook the crying child. "Saphrina!" she whispered, trying to coax the girl out of sleep. It was unwise to wake a pup forcefully, but rather it was best to try and pull them from their dreams. Moon knew if one was ever pulled from a dream that a part of their spirit would be rendered and left behind. "Wake up, little one. What's wrong?" But Ralla could only guess; those scars that marred the pup told a story of their own, and the nightmares themselves spoke in volumes.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
Saphrina let out another cry of fear, she felt rallas hands on her and she opend her eyes quickly she looked around her heart beating heavily and let she let out a terrified wail pressing into Rallas hand and continued to cry. She missed her mother and father, she missed her old friends. Saphrinas heart calmed down and she breathed softly now, she looked around and sighed looking at Ralla "Wheres Ayasha?" she asked softly

Her eyes wandered around the town hall with a saddend look. She looked at Ralla and jumped up onto her lap snuggleing into her warmness. She loved her new family, she let out a soft sigh and wagged her tiny tail softly and closed her eyes taking in Rallas scent so she would know her new mother forever and ever."Mommy?" she looked up at Ralla with saddend eyes

"I'm hungry." she said her stomach growling
[html]

Would you like Kemo to join this thread? Technically, he's the 'daddy', since he and Ralla are almost to mate stage :3

Ralla picked Saphrina up and cradled her, coddling her to her downy-fluff chest comfortingly. She had cried only so hard once--the other times not really counting in passion--when she had learned that her own mother was gone forever. There's never anything as cruel or painful as losing a loved one... "Ayasha's off somewhere nearby; perhaps Chief Dawali's, or with Sakari."

Saphrina then wiggled down to stand in Ralla's lap, relaxation coming over her features as the girl began to display normal puppyhood signs, although she still had the aura of nervousness and sadness. When she called her "Mommy," Ralla's thought process ceased for a moment in sheer shock before registering that she was the 'mommy'. Which would technically mean that Kemo was the father...? That itself made the blush-prone wolfess flush in the cheeks, although she turned her attentions back to her newly adopted daughter. If one ever needed an example of a shot-in-the-dark decision, it would be how quickly Ralla had decided to take on two pups (and at such bad timing as well...).

She laughed a little as she placed Saphrina back on the cot and stood. "That's good; you need to get your strength back. Stay there for a moment," she said, walking to the back of the Town Hall where most of the storage was kept. She was looking for something a pup could eat easily--which was hard to find, since most dried and preserved foods were tough and hard to chew--but she found some ground corn that she could boil with dried fish. It would make a sort of plain stew, but it had enough nutrients that it could sustain the child. Humming softly she set a cast-iron pot overtop the Town Hall hearth fire and began to cook for Saphrina, melting snow from outside as the water. The pot had seen better days, but it served its purpose. "Saphrina," she said with a hint of seriousness tinting her voice, "you know that if you ever have a bad dream, you can talk about it, right? It's bad to keep scary things in." She would not pressure her any more than that, since the two were virtual strangers and it was up to Saphrina in the end, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Saphrina jumped down from the cot running in circles chaseing her tail she bit her tail and yelped slightly, she fell over dizzy and heard Ralla say ''its bad to keep scary things in" so she turned to her new mother and jumped up to a chair and sighed sadly "My mommy and daddy loved me, But my daddy didnt want me around since my brothers and sisters died while they were in my mommys tummy. He said i was a bad omen or something."

"He said he should just kill me off so that nothing bad happens. But my mommy protected me like she always did. My mommy was pretty and nice and she always had foods for me." she said sighing "The fire. It wasnt natural it was made by my daddy he tried to kill of our sick leader and it didnt work.. My mommy grabbed me and tried to run but my daddy stoped us. He said it was his fault and if he died we had to die with him. My mommy set me down and told me to run as far as i could. But i only ran to hide. " she said looking down.

"I heard my mommy yelp and growl but i was to scared to help her.. I finnaly came out and saw my daddy about to hurt her so bad she wouldnt wake up. Well all I did was jumped on his back and bit his ear as hard as i could." she said bringing her ears back "He turned on me then, and hurt me. He promised if i lived i could stay with him but all i did after he hurt me was run, i ran as far as i could and i wound up here..." She said looking down sadly and tried not to cry looking up at her new mother "You wont hurt me... Will you?" she asked Ralla sadly
[html]

LAAATTTEEEE DX

With a grin she watched as the pup did as most pups were especially good at--being cute--momentarilly forgetting the fright Saphrina had had. But with a few more stirs to the pot Ralla ceased the stirring and feeding of the tinder to let the contents simmer for a few minutes, rising from her crouching position to walk over to Saphrina as she told her story. The mere thought that a father could tell his child that she was a bad omen was terrible enough; she had heard many similar stories. Where Ralla was born, it was never up to the parents to tell their family such things; it was the Shaman's; what was supposed to be her duty to do. And in the end, Ralla had already carried out such duties in AniWaya and Nova Scotia; telling Alaine of her miscarriage, Ember's pups... It all seemed to center on children and death. For reasons she could not fathom, the Great Spirits and moon did not often send her good omens. Maybe because, when the good things come, they are all the more happy for being a surprise? She would have to be satisfied with the explanation, for there was no other to tell her other than the sources of her visions, and they had already proven silent to anything they did not wish to share.

She wondered if Saphrina knew the full magnitude and meaning of half the words she said. They were all so violent--far beyond what a pup her age should even say--and it made Ralla's stomach twist in sickness at the warped nature of her biological father. Close to tears, Saphrina looked as helpless as Ralla had first seen her on the night she had her terrible nightmare. She went over and cupped Saphrina's cheeks, smiling, looking into her good eye with her two forest green ones. "Of course not," she cooed to Saphrina, petting her head in soothing strokes. "I and no one here would ever hurt you. There's nothing to fear anymore." In Saphrina Ralla saw much; pain, innocence, longing, and a power. Each and every wolf had power, but what it was shaped into was difficult to tell until they themselves at least had an inkling to it as well. Still so young, Saphrina was unreadable in that particular aspect, although all else was laid bare in her unguarded virtue. She could smell the stew vividly now--or, rather, more so than before--and she could hear Saphrina's stomach growl in protest to not having yet been fed. She giggled at the sound and went to fetch a bowl for Saphrina to eat from, finding one and scooping the stew into it, blowing over it gently so she wouldn't burn her tongue. Likewise she did the same for herself, although Ralla sipped at it instead of ate like Saphrina had to in her lupus form.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Shiloh had walked into town hall looking for someone to talk to. Most of the pack lived in the town hall and as Shiloh walked in she noticed a white she wolf and a smaller grey one like herself eating. She approached them slowly, intrigued with the scars that the pup had. They were almost identical and Shiloh found herself wondering how someone as young as the pup got the same scars she did. She wanted to talk to the pup but was scared the white she wolf would shoo her away. She sat down on the floor by the two before trying to start a conversation. "Um hi...I'm...I'm Shiloh and I am new here. I..I don't know anyone around here so I would like to get to know you two. I apologize about my scars, most people tend to stay away.... I just don't want to be alone anymore." whispered Shiloh looking down. She touched her arm, a long pink burn scar running from her wrist and up to her elbow from where she tried to save her sister. The memory had always haunted her and as she looked at the pup she felt like she knew her. *she must have had fire in her past. I know burn scars well and she has a few* she thought as she waited for a reply back
OOC: Sorry LATE! and short XD

Saphrina heard Shiloh speak and she turned to look at her. Saphrina gaze at her. "H-hi" she said jumping down from the chair and looking at Ralla quickly to see if it was okay. She walked over to Shiloh and sniffed her slightly wondering what happend to her. She had the same scars she had but they were diffrent some how. She sniffed Shiloh carefully and slowly and she licked some of the burns she had. Saphrina wagged her tiny tail and bit her hand playfully. "Mine!" she said and giggled happily
Shiloh watched as the pup sniffed her before licking one of her burn scars. She was looking past the scars and as she bit her hand and claimed her, Shiloh felt she could make a friend after all. She grabbed the pup and pulled her to her, tickling her softly, enjoying the childs laughter. Shiloh smiled softly and held the pup close, her heart going out to her. "What is your name little one? I feel much strength and power in you little one. I think I will carve you a totem to protect you from the evils of the world. I have one of my own and it has never failed me. Its what lead me here," said Shiloh softly looking up at the white wolf in front of her. Shiloh didn't know how to react to her and felt she had crossed a line when she had grabbed the pup
[html]

Ralla's ears were the first to pick up on an intrusion. She turned from her spot in front of Saphrina, straightening to better greet whoever had entered. She was not particularily irked by the disturbance, but rather worried more for Saphrina. I just hope she doesn't get frightened or upset that someone else is seeing her distraught, she thought. The stew was still steaming in Ralla's hand and she set it down to properly address the newcomer. "Hello," she said evenly back to the new girl's shy voice. She might've been friendlier had the shewolf not been staring so intently on her adoptive daughter, but because of the staring she felt a little more protective, perhaps moreso because of Saphrina's admission.

"Shiloh, my name is Ralla," the white wolfess said in response, a warm smile coming onto her face. She had met a girl much like Shiloh a while back--Pepper was her name--and she had been quite timid. But Shiloh almost spilled her heart right there that it took Ralla aback for a moment; most didn't share such a thought so freely. So placed into an awkward state, Ralla was a little hesitant to nod when Saphrina jumped down and looked to her. Not that she could control the pup, but...instincts were instincts, even if they were quite plain in the Shiloh posed no threat. She watched as Saphrina went over to scent Shiloh, sighing with a bit of relief as the child displayed some return to behavioral normalcy. At least she doesn't dwell long on those horrible dreams. All was going well--Shiloh was treating Saphrina with care, playing with her quite nicely--just a moment before Saphrina bit her hand. "Saphrina!" Ralla exclaimed, stepping forward to try and take Saphrina from the girl's hand. "I'm sorry Shiloh, she's...hungry," she said with a bit of a frown, at a loss for much of an explanation. "Saphrina, other wolves aren't dinner," she admonished quietly, setting the pup back down in front of her own bowl of stew. Turning over her shoulder, she gave a concerned glance to Shiloh. Saphrina's teeth were yet too small to puncture, but the shewolf's pride or affections might've been more hurt than her flesh. "Would you like a bowl of stew as well? The two of us can't finish the whole pot, I'm afraid."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.[

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Saphrina squealed and giggled snuggleing into Shilohs arms happily "Mine" she said once more snuggleing as close as she could to her new friend. "Mine mine mine mine mine" she said over and over she squealed happily.
Saphrina bit Shilohs hand once more and licked it better.

Saphrina smiled and giggled "Im saphrina" she said "And you mine!" she giggled and pointed with her tail "Thats my mommy" she commented to Rallas direction. She giggled and bit on her hand once more and licking it again softly. "Mine!" she giggled and climbed onto Shilohs head and sat there happily "Mine mine mine mine mine " she was pointing to everything on her cot and to Ralla and Shiloh claiming them as hers and giggleing
Shiloh laughed as Saphrina claimed her and everything around her as hers. She bit her hand again her little teeth sharp but not sharp enough to break Shiloh's skin. Saphrina reminded her of her sister Anya and as she sat on Shiloh's head she felt like she had her sister back. She pulled the young pup down from her perch and handed her to Ralla who looked more concerned then anything because she had been bit more then once. "Would you like a bowl of stew as well? The two of us can't finish the whole pot, I'm afraid." asked Ralla as Shiloh went to sit next to Saphrina. "I am very hungry. I wouldn't mind a bowl of stew. I haven't eaten much since I got here so anything would be nice." said Shiloh smiling at Saphrina. She pulled the pup into her lap and grabbed Saphrina's bowl of stew for her. She held her and handed her the bowl of food, telling her that she needed to eat to grow up strong and healthy.

Shiloh enjoyed holding Saphrina close and wished she could stay like that forever but she had things she had to do. She was already close to the pup and they just met. She wanted to give the child something worth while and decided to give her her totem. "Here little one. This is very special to me and I want you to have it. Keep it close to you and don't take it off. If you ever get lost look for this animal to guide you back home." she said tying the totem to the child's wrist.
[html]
Saphrina

ooc Late and short XD

Saphrina let out a soft sigh she felt Shiloh take her off her head and she looked sad. She wiggled slightly but she was already down. She felt Shiloh put the totem around her paw and looked at it "Thanks" she said happily. Her tail thumping against Ralla's side happily she bit Shilohs hand once more and said happily "Mine" she giggled and jumped down from where she was in Ralla's arms and ran around Shiloh hopeing she would stay

<style>
.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#F8F7FC;}
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:verdana, serif; color:#000000; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#055989; border:1px solid #4EABD1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4EABD1; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]