Tree Tops and Fleeting Hawks
It had entered her view in a matter of moments, and once she caught sight of those red feathers she was instantly captured within its flight. The hawk was her obsession, the creature she most wanted to obtain, to capture. She wanted it as her own; she wanted to cease this constant chase. The hawk drove her, moved her along in her path. It was the soul being that kept her from insanity, or maybe it was the opposite. Was it insane for a wolf to be so obsessed over a bird that she would chase it no matter where its flight took her?

She stretched her body out, her paws reaching to pull the earth beneath her and move her forward. She sprinted after the hawk above her, her eyes locked upon its flight. Her heart beat heavy and fast within her chest and she began to pant; exhaustion began to slow her down. NO! She yelled at herself her movement losing speed, no! I can’t let it go. Her mind fought with her body, forcing her to continue after the red tailed hawk with in the sky.

I wont lose it this time! I’ll make it mine! She told herself, repeating her need for the hawk above her in her thoughts. She could not lose it again, she could not let it out of her sight, she needed to catch it, and she had to have it. It had come to her again, it had taunted her, and it had driven her forward. It urged her to follow it, it came to her when she slept and softly spoke to her to awake and follow. What was it doing, why was it doing it? What did it want, she had to know, why did it come to her in her moment of need? She had to know why, she had to pull it from the sky and make its wings her own.

It was an obsession, an insane obsession. She did not even know if the hawk above her was the same bird that had pulled her from death’s grip, but even with this, she knew, she knew it had to be the same. She howled to the hawk in the sky, her body slowing slightly with her voice rising into the air. She passed beneath the trees of Ethereal Eclipse the images of the hawk disappearing and reappearing with ever pass of tree branches. She mentally growled at herself and quickly made a beeline toward a pine tree with low bottom limbs.

She leapt from the ground and came to land her front paws upon the first of many low branches jetting out from the base of a pine tree. She leapt from the first and onto the next, she repeated this process, climbing up the tree and leaping gracefully to the next branch on another tree. She continued this processes, hopping that by leaping amongst the trees, her clawed paws scrapping against the bark of a tree limb would help her keep up to the swift flight of the hawk in the air. She knew, however, that her climb and leaps amongst the tree tops would not last and at the end she found herself unable to leap to the next branch upon the other pine tree.

Upon the thick limbs of a tall pine, the she wolf found herself staring up at the hawk getting further away from her. She growled to herself, her forelegs lifting up from their stationed spot to land upon a lower limp. Her hind legs followed and she climbed down to the bottom limps only to finally leap from the branches of the pine to land gracefully upon the ground. Her limber lupus form stood amongst the trees her gaze stared sky bound as she watched her obsession dance amongst the clouds.
[html]

Word Count → 304 :: OOC: Sorry for latish reply

Niro had been out training, though it was the subtle training, the kind that grew trust between him and his birds, though it was the newest bird he was training now. Although Marahute always followed, she was not too far behind. Niro had the bald eagle tethered to his wrist, his thick leather gloves protected himself from any harm the bird would give him, and he would work quietly, which is the way this bird seemed to like it. Gregor was different from both Marahute and Tobias, but who could blame him? He was after all not either of their species, though Niro knew the bald and golden eagle were closely related. Marahute was roughly the size of the bald eagle, but she was not done growing yet. Niro suspected her to be quite a big bird.

His mind stopped wandering when he heard a howl, and crashing through the trees. Niro’s ears perked up, alerted, and scared, what was it, who could make such racket? He got his answer as he moved closer and suddenly something jumped gracefully out of the trees, Niro jumped back, but seeing as it wasn’t an attack and the wolf did not even notice him Niro calmed down.

You gave me a fright!

He admitted, his free hand holding onto his chest. He had been quite surprised and would have attacked if it weren’t for the bird in his hand. He had a run in not too long ago with another loner, but he pretended to be Niro’s friend and then attacked, it was not something the man would soon forget so his guard was up much more lately. He knew the only reason he wasn’t dead was because Marahute had attacked the man attacking him and chased him off. He was thankful for his ever watchful fledgling.

<style>
.niro-texteagle-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.niro-texteagle {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.niro-texteagle .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.niro-texteagle .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.niro-texteagle p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.niro-texteagle b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
Quote:OOC~ lol, that's ok. Smile

Her gaze did not lower when a voice called to her. Well, she did not know for sure if the voice called to her, but she knew it spoke. She ignored it however; her mind and gaze locked and focused upon the red-tailed hawk soaring amongst the clouds, its distance growing more apart from her. She growled to herself, no… she moaned, a small whimper vibrating from her throat. She sighed and sat, her eyes watching as the hawk vanished from her sight. Then the voice came to her, a sudden shock to the awareness of another’s presence. The she wolf jumped from where she had sat, her wild gray eyes weaving to focus upon a Luperci male.

“What?” She asked the other, his words coming for the first time to her ears. She blinked. The male had startled her from her mind, and because of that, her stoic wall was down. She began to build it back up, slowly. “What?” She asked again, his words repeating in her mind. “Frightened you?” She began to study him.

He stood as all Luperci did, on two legs. A bird sat upon his arm. The female wolf blinked, her stoic persona not returning to façade her word play. “I’m sorry,” She began her eyes focusing upon the winged creature resting on his arm. “Why does it not fly away?” She asked, her mind still lost within the flight of the hawk she had been chasing. “How do you get it to stay?”

Her thoughts ran with these questions. If she could figure out his secret and learned how he kept the bird stationed upon his arm. Then maybe, maybe she could use it to her advantage. Her gaze slowly slipped to the sky. The hawk was long gone, lost amongst the clouds. She sighed and returned her gaze upon the Luperci male. Her wild gaze kept still amongst the form of the other and her stance showed no threat. Her stoic persona lingered upon her, but only slightly. It was too late for her to be cold, but maybe she could be both. Both the façade of this she wolf and her true danced amongst her gaze as she waited for the Luperci male to answer her questions.
[html]

WC:339 OOC: Craptastic post! XD

------

The reaction of the female was actually quite slow and this concerned Niro for a second, but the disappointed look in her eyes had made him aware that something had happened to cause this late reaction, so he would not judge the woman. When she turned to him she seemed unsure that he was telling her the truth… or that was Niro’s impression.

Well… only slightly, it’s not every day I have someone jump out of a tree in front of me!

Niro said his guard going up a little. Well he’d had a few instances but he’d known they were there. This just happened to have been out of nowhere, but her attention went to Gregor who sat on Niro’s arm. Niro blinked a little and looked at the bird almost forgetting the calm animal was there.

Well he stays on my arm because I have him tethered, I’m trying to gain his trust but these birds seem to understand that they just want to fly and hunt… they do not always see the benefits of living with others, well until they realize it. He will be untethered in a while yet though. He’s still new at all this.

Niro said. He whistled for Marahute knowing if the wolf was interested in the bald eagle she would surely be interested in Marahute who was born to Niro. Which gave him a funny thought, but he was proud of the large animal.

My name is Niro Takekuro by the way. I’m sorry if I scared you too.

he said apologetically thinking about it now. He was a typical male… and didn’t always think ahead or see things right away but he tried. He was curious about the female he couldn’t smell any of the luperci he normally could on others, though she seemed more feral than anything he’d seen before, though he was wondering why she had been up in that tree… something he would ask her later he was sure to get an answer … maybe.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
Quote:OOC~ if Niro comes around to ask her about being in the tree, she's gonna look at him like his never climbed a tree before. Tongue haha.

Ears twitched to the sound of his whistle, and with its high pitch noise, her gaze lifted to the sky to see what it may have called. She did not see anything as of yet so she lowered her gaze once more upon the Luperci male. “So you bind it till it learns you are its master?” She said bluntly allowing a growl to slip out from her throat.

She fell silent for a moment, her mind racing through the images of the hawk. If she was to claim it as her own, must she too bind it until it learned to trust her? No, there had to be another way. The she wolf sighed and then spoke, “Why don’t you just ask it to stay with you?” She began, “Instead of forcing your trust upon the creature, why not ask if it wishes to stay?”

She sat once more, her tail coming to be placed upon her paws; she eyed the Luperci male and his bird and then tilted her head slightly to right as he spoke his name. “Deirdre,” She answered with her name. “I am called Deirdre, and you did not scare me.” She snorted, her stoic persona returning with ever breath she took.

Finally, her wall had returned and with it, she would seem more harden. “I was merely startled,” She began. “My mind was still lost with in…” She hesitated for a moments and then moved her words forward, “I was lost within my chase.”

Talk, talk, talk, she had to stop talking. This other had no need to know her every thought, and every word that fluttered within her mind. She had to learn how to keep her words to herself. She sighed to herself, her mind arguing with her about her attempts to push others away. One side told her to stop being so stubborn and to open up, while the other argued to keep hidden within her shell and shun all who tried to befriend her. The she wolf ignored the bickering within her mind and gazed upon wolf and bird.

She was growing curious about this other, this wolf who tamed the winged predators, and with her curiosity growing she began to want to learn more despite the distasteful sound of tethering up the winged ones just so they could learn to trust. Her mind ticked, “How did you come upon your bird?” She asked.
[html]

WC:300 OOC: well.. yeah you officially made Niro uncomfy XD

------

For Niro the way the woman spoke made him flush a little. It made him seem like a jailer… and in a way he was, which made him feel even worse. It was even worse when she asked why he didn’t just ask for permission, though he had a perfectly good explanation why…

I cannot speak their language. Low speech is not something I have learned before.

Niro said blushing, remembering his encounter with a fox who had spoken with his two birds once before. It made him fidget a little and look at the bird. He knew that Gregor could sense Niro’s uneasiness and what if this wolf was speaking low speech to him? He did not know if she had any bad intentions, but it made him want to almost give up training altogether. He let her talk and listened as he heard his other bird, Marahute come though the trees. He felt himself reddening even more when she asked how he came to meet the bird.

Uh well… I uh… I set out a trap for him really.

Niro looked away and then thought it was best to take the discussion in another direction and looked back at her, nervous she would not talk, and that she was judging him. He didn’t want to be mean to the birds in any way. He was respectful to them in every other way possible, though he could see where she had been coming from.

Your chase? What were you chasing? And… what were you doing up in that tree?

He asked, finally pointing to the tree, yes… that was a good diversion from the whole topic, though Marahute had now come to the area and was perched on a branch of a tree seeing what Niro wanted of her.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
Quote:OOC~ XD aww, poor Niro she’s gonna make him a bit more uncomfortable. Oh, she does not understand the bird language (well she is unaware if she does or not), but she does read body language and takes an understanding from that.

The she wolf’s ears flatten against her skull. She did not growl but simply lowered her gaze, hardening it in her distaste of the way this Luperci spoke. She snorted her discomfort with how she heard him explain his coming of the fledgling that rested aware of its master’s discomfort. She narrowed her gaze at the winged one and studied it.

It is aware of this Niro’s mood, she thought to herself bringing her gaze away from the bird and resting her gray orbs upon Niro. So, he is not a cruel master of these winged ones. She told herself stealing a glance toward the eagle that arrived shortly before Niro had told her of his capture of the one he tethered. She studied the other predator bird perched upon a tree limb, and then lowered her head to shake it with disappointed confusion.

“Are you not a wolf?” She asked taking her gaze and placing it upon Niro, “It doesn’t matter if you can’t speak with them in their own language.” She sighed, “There is already a chance that the ones you have befriended understand you…” She lowered her gaze for a while, and then lifted them once more, “Have the Luperci people lost their ancestral ways, have they forgotten that they are wolves?” she asked, not yet sure of where her own words were taking flight to. Then she remembered the books on humans that she had read when still her father lived. “Are the Luperci becoming like those humans of the past?” She questioned, sadness creeping into her speech.

These thoughts had always confused her. Her father, while an adopted father, but still her own was of the Luperci, she had noticed the difference in the way he lived. He took more of a ‘human’ approach. That was the only word she could come up with to describe the acts that were not the norm to her. Born to a feral wolf and then raised by a Luperci only to be once again taken in by a pack of feral wolves; she was more tuned to that of the feral and seeing the difference in the Luperci only confused her more upon the understanding of her kin affected by the luperci. She had to admit to herself however that she too had abilities that she would label human.

She sighed, and with her sudden confusion upon the difficulty of understanding the ways of most luperci, the she wolf gazed once more upon Niro with a softer look. She then answered his question, “I was following a red-tailed hawk.” She said gazing up to the sky and then lowering it, “as for my being in the trees…”

She cocked her head in a bewildered gesture, “I climbed it.” She blinked, “I had believed that climbing it and then leaping from branch to branch would better help me keep up with the hawk.” She laughed to herself, “however I ran out of limbs and ended up jumping out from the branches and landing here, before you.” She drew her gaze to the sky, “and he got away again.”
[html]

WC:408 OOC: He’s not such a nice wolf when he’s being criticized Tongue

------

Niro put on a hard face when she scoffed at him. He was uncomfortable as it was and her speaking to him like this was not making it any better. He remained quiet as she scolded him, but he made no move and spoke not a word. He’d grown up to the human way of life, at least the Nomad way. He would have become as feral as the next wolf if it wasn’t for his sister and it made him question… is it really that bad learning human things? He knew his restrictions. He knew when to stop and when to start unlike they did. He knew how to be kind to the land as it was to him. He turned to Gregor and sighed. He knew Marahute would follow him to the ends of the earth, and that was enough, even if he was an egg snatched, either she or one of her other siblings would have died anyway. That was the life of a golden eagle chick. There had been three eggs in the nest so he did not feel too bad for taking one… but to take Gregor and Tobias’ freedom… His hand reached over and untethered the eagle from his. He however did not insist the bald eagle leave him. He was a wolf and wolves did not treat other creatures like their possessions. His eyes turned to her as she spoke abut why she was up in the trees.

“And you speak of not being a wolf? I was never truly aware wolves climbed and acted like monkeys?”

He couldn’t help it. He had to have a retort of his own. She just gave him the perfect opportunity. He had his eyes still on the bald eagle who was still perched upon his arm, but he turned to her as it registered what she was doing.

“A hawk? Well you would have better luck catching a beetle asleep in a tree than catching a hawk from limb leaping.”

Yes Niro had tried that once, only half heartedly, and it was to a kite in florida, which he’d seen gliding in the swampy forest he’d once called home. He knew he couldn’t take care of it if he did catch it so he just chased it. What was she doing trying to chase after a red tail, which was as fast if not faster?

Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

OOC: She can be very stubborn, but now she wants to say she is sorry
WC: 344

“Wolves can climb if they are willing to learn, I just happened to be able to climb higher than most.” She smirked, and then blinked in her confusion of what he had compared her to. “What’s a monkey?”

Then she fell silent and allowed for the male to vent. With his words she did not do anything but allow them to flow over her like water. She shrugged off his words and ignored the tone he spoke to her in. she could understand why he was as he was, she was being rude to him but she couldn’t help it. She sighed and gently began to scratch behind her ear, her hind paw slowly making its way between her jaws where she gnawed for a while on her nails.

Her hind paw returned to the ground and she looked up to the luperci. She witnessed him untether the bird on his shoulder. She sighed, “I wasn’t trying to catch the bird.” She said stubbornly, “I was following it, chasing it.” She then snorted, “How am I supposed to catch him anyway?” Her eyes narrowed, “I don’t have the hands to do it.”

She allowed a growl to slip between her fangs before she fell silent. She sighed and lowered her head to droop in front of her. “I’m sorry,” she began bringing her gaze upon Niro once more. “For how I have acted…”

She knew she wasn’t getting anyway, she had to stop being so crude and so stubborn. The she wolf sighed for the second time and looked up at Niro; her ears placed submissively against her head. “I don’t understand the Luperci ways…despite being raised by one…”

She huffed, “I’m confused and agitated, which makes me stubborn and rude…” She bowed her head in respect to Niro, “If you will have my apologies I will stop my criticizing of how you live…” From her bow she eyed the male, “I would like to start over again, I would be sad if I made a foe of someone I could learn a talent from.”

<style type="text/css">
.deidre-stoneheart b {font-weight:bold; color:#8C93CF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.deidre-stoneheart .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times; font-size:14px; text-align:center; }
.deidre-stoneheart p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.deidre-stoneheart {margin:0px auto; width:390px; background-color:#080405; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/zv2xzb.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; padding: 10px 00px 380px 00px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#33354C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]

WC:244 OOC: Sorry for lateness i just got a blank from this ; ;

------

He didn’t know how to react to her answer. Yes most wolves could possibly climb if they wanted to, but in lupus form it must have been uncomfortable. He wouldn’t argue with her though. Her question about the monkey changed the subject all together, and Niro frowned slightly. Yes he’s gotten this quite often. His sister had always showed him of other animals that lived all over the world or use to live in zoos. Monkeys were some of them. He’d learned about them because like most of the other animals Orin had gotten into a phase of trying to get as much information about them as she could and he had to suffer through her facts.

“They are uh... they kinda stand like me and have long arms, and live in the trees really. I don’t know a whole lot about them entirely.”

Niro said. At her comment about the bird he looked up unsure what to say, yes, she could possibly chase it but what was the point? He didn’t try to provoke her though, because she then apologized. It was a good start and he kept his mouth shut as she made a promise and asked to start over.

“You are forgiven, and yes it would be best to start over, though I must apologize for my own words.”

Hhe said letting a little smile creep along his mouth.

Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

OOC: That's ok Smile
WC: 293

Her tail wagged suddenly with pure joy, “That is alright. You have no need to apologize.” She gave a wolfish grin, “I was the one who provoked.” She then stood and stretched, her forepaws reaching out in front of her and pulling at the earth beneath her paw pads. She stood from her stretch and shook, her fur lifting and then settling back in place.

She sighed, huffed, and then gazed kindly up at Niro. “Do your companions hunt with you?” She suddenly asked. She sat upon her hunches; her gaze lingered about the two predator birds and then returned to Niro. She tilted her head slightly, her mind frame returning to curiosity. Her annoyance vanished completely as her mind returned once more to focus upon the winged ones. The image of the hawk returned to her mind, and then fleeted away once she spoke again.

“What does your companionship with the winged ones gain you?” She began to ask, questions forming quickly in her mind, “I could imagine much could be gained with a union between the winged ones and yourself.”

Her tail waved, as her eyes shown with a gleeful spark. “I could imagine…” She murmured as she took a moment to look up at the sky, “You could fly without flying…” Her words were meant for herself, but she spoke loudly giving Niro the chance to overhear her strange murmuring.

The she wolf sighed, and gazed at Niro. “How do you speak with them, if you do not speak their language?” This question spoke the loudest within her head. She had to know if there was some special way that this male spoke to his birds, she had to know and to understand. “Do you read their body language?”

<style type="text/css">
.deidre-stoneheart b {font-weight:bold; color:#8C93CF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.deidre-stoneheart .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times; font-size:14px; text-align:center; }
.deidre-stoneheart p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.deidre-stoneheart {margin:0px auto; width:390px; background-color:#080405; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/zv2xzb.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; padding: 10px 00px 380px 00px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#33354C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]

WC: 366

Now that she seemed to have gotten her anger out there was an explosion of questions and it nearly overwhelmed Niro, he couldn’t help but laugh as she asked. These were many of the same questions others had asked him and he could easily answer.

“Yes my companions hunt with me, at least two of them right now. Gregor here is still learning. They are really my eyes in the sky, making it quicker for me to get to my prey, that way we don’t have to search as long, and have more time to stratigize.”

He said, smiling. With that explanation he hit two birds with one stone, so that was good, the other questions came and he was sure to be able to do the same things.

“For them I use a series of whistles, they are more commands than anything and I try to only use them when working. Like I command my packs hunts, tell everyone where to go and such, with the birds i use the whistles to tell them what to look for. They will let me know themselves by either circling the area where the animals we are hunting are or showing us the way if we are in thick trees.”

There was much more to that, much more indeed but that was the basics. He trained very hard every day, not just the birds but himself too. He was the huntsman of this pack, he was the one that needed to get enough food for all. Mostly those who were either too young to hunt just yet, or were not able to hunt and had other duties to the pack.

“They get their share of the meat once the hunt is over with, I do not leave them to go hunt on their own after. They know this and expect this. We share our meals too, if I hunt something alone, I give them some of my food and if they do, they give some of their meal. It helps when I have many birds to feed. They are learning the use of a team really.”

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]

WC:334

Her ears twitched to his voice as he answered her questions. What she learned from his words were very interesting, and still somewhat confusing, but she did not dwell on the confusing for long and instead brought her mind to its own conclusion. Her tail waived lightly as she sat before Niro, listening to him explain his work with the winged ones.

She hoped, silently to herself, that one day she would be able to experience the pleasure of working with a winged one. She knew, however, that her experience would greatly differ from that of Niro’s experience with his winged ones. She smiled softly as the hawk once again came to mind. She knew that if she were to pair up with any of the winged kind it would be the one she chased, the hawk that hunted her every waking moment. She just needed to find a way to cease it from its flight.

The she wolf sighed lightly and kept quite until Niro ceased to speak further. She gave him a soft smile and a light waive of her tail. “That is all very interesting,” she said. “And I am happy to hear that you are not one who would mistreat another.”

She glanced to the birds, “they seem to trust you greatly.” She began, “And that is very good.” She returned her gaze toward Niro, “You have a very wonderful talent.”

She wanted to say more, but she was afraid of offending Niro once again. She sighed again, “I do hope our meeting is not keeping you from anything.” She said with a smile, “Because I would like to see how you work with your companions.” She stood and took a step forward, “But if you must be somewhere.” She paused until she came to stand only a few feet to Niro left. “We can part ways here, and I will only hope to meet you once again so that I may see you and your winged ones in action.”

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#494974; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#7d6753; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2lddixd.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 268 OOC: sorry for the late reply... i keep apologizing and keep doing it ; ;

Niro was thankful for her words, he did not hurt nor try to mistreat the birds he held. The only thing wrong he knew he did was hold them captive, but it was hard to train a beast that didn’t know better than its own instincts unless it learned. Learning took a long time. Niro knew that, It took him several months before Tobias was fully trained. She mentioned him possibly having another task and he shook his head.

“My only task is to keep the eagle company, and even having other’s near him helps too, to socialize him a little. If you want I can show you how I work, Marahute is well trained, she’s been doing this for some time now.”

Niro offered and looked over at the fledgling eagle, who knew she was being talked about. She had stopped preening herself and looked up but gave no voice. Niro knew she was a quiet bird, but that was her nature. Not Gregor’s though. He knew if the bird didn’t like something, or wanted to voice his own opinion he’d say it. Though Niro wouldn’t know what he was saying.

“It wouldn’t be too much trouble for me at all to show you either.”

He did like showing off the skills that he and his birds posessed. Reaching out with his bare arm he motioned Marahute. The large bird glided over to his arm and gently, though pinching some, held on . With two very large birds in his hand, Niro seemed even more dwarfed than normal.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]

WC:229

Deirdre’s gaze followed the magnificent predator that glided upon large wings. She watched her graceful flight, and again her mind traveled to the hawk. Her obsession was always on her mind, even when she herself was not thinking upon that red-tailed hawk. The she wolf sighed and took grey orbs to study the creatures before her. Her tail waved slightly in pleasure.

“I would be honored if you showed me how you worked with them,” she said bowing her head and then glancing up at Niro. Her eyes shown with a glint of pure joy, one could tell that she was overly excited by just looking at her. She had a hang on her excitement though; exploding in joy was something she did not want to do.

She sat with her ears pointed up, her tail waving softly. “Please,” she began standing up so that she could move if needed. “Tell me what I must do so that I do not interfere,” she smiled. “I would not wish to cause any problems.”

She fell silent and awaited instructions. She wanted to be helpful, and she did not want to be in the way. She had no idea of how one would work with a winged one, but she knew she wanted to see it done. She kept a small smile plastered upon her maw, and her features spoke calmness.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#494974; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#7d6753; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2lddixd.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 366 OOC: :3

Niro could tell his offer excited the girl, and feeling a little over loaded he moved to a close tree and put Gregor up on it. He was about to tether the animal.... but had second thoughts. He then took out a large leather wrap he’d had in one of the pockets of his belt, looking over at Dierdre he smiled.

Just try not to make any sudden movements, ok? Marahute knows wolves aren’t prey, but she can be mistaken.

and she can do lots of damage as well. Niro thought, remembering the day she defended him from being killed by Argul. He was lucky he had her with him, or things could have been ugly for the man. He tossed the leather on the ground, both eagles stared at it now. Niro clicked his tongue to catch Marahute’s attention. She obeyed and looked at him waiting for his instruction. Whisting, he gave the order to track. She knew where the leather was, but she took flight and found a perch near the leather, flapping her wings a little and staring down at the leather.

Outside of the forest she would be flying over the prey, and if we were further away, she would lead it to me by flying and perching on a branch at a safe distance from it.

He whistled a different type of whistle and Marahute flew down to the leather, but... it moved, she was quick in recovering this and soon gave chase as Niro concentrated on moving himself, so that the leather would trail behind him. It was attached to a piece of near invisible string. She did catch up to it, as it was a small area and Niro couldn’t run as fast. Instead of eating it, she held the leather in her claws.

It is much more spectacular in a real hunt, though I’m afraid we are all quite full and happy campers, so there is no need to do so now.

He said. He didn’t want to mention that even though they were a team they still missed their meal like any good predator.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8edf5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#00040b; text-align:right;}
.nirogifty02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty02 {margin:0 auto; width:355px; background-color:#1a4490; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 70-001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e8edf5; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#00040b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty02-border1 {width:357px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty02-line1 {width:331px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8da1c8; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]

WC: 237

She sat, figuring that would help her to become motionless. As she sat, she watched the scene take place before her and then sighed when the hawk came in mind. She kept her attention upon Niro and his companion, but allowed her mind to wonder slightly. She sighed, and began to wonder upon many thoughts as she watched the eagle chase a piece of leather.

Very interesting, she thought as she noticed the near invisible thread that attached to the leather and led to rest between Niro’s fingers. I will have to ask him about that when he is done. She kept her gaze upon Niro, kept quiet and motionless until he’s example was completed. Once done, she smiled and stood.

“Very neat,” she stated as she took a step toward him. She figured it was safe to move. “May I ask you something?” She asked taking a moment to study the image before her, “What.” She was not quite sure how to word it, “that material tied to the hide, what is it?” She eyed Niro, “Where did you get it?”

She knew what cloth was, what silk was, what string was, but she also knew that there were many different types and colors. Therefore, she was curious about the material he used to make the leather seem to move on its own. She smiled to herself and sat once more, her tail wiggling behind her.

<style type="text/css">
.hawk-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#006600; letter-spacing:1px; }
.hawk-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.hawk-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.hawk-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... edited.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 252 OOC: Sorry bout the lateness

------

It seemed that Niro’s demonstration did well, she seemed quite enthralled by it and Marahute always liked chasing after the leather. As he pulled it in back to him, he whistled for her to calm and took the leather up again. Dierdre’s question caught Niro off guard, but he smiled.

It’s fishing wire. I used a bit from the stables in my pack. it’s the best thing to use that will not distract the birds. other string will get them confused and they wouldn’t like the game much.

He explained, pulling on the little bit of fishing line. He knew it was strong, but not too strong the bird would have him off his feet in seconds if one managed to get it, though that didn’t mean it never happened. In fact Marahute had Niro on his back a few times. She was a strong eagle and her grabbign something suddenly didn’t give the man much time to move or drop the line. He put the line a little closer for Dierdre to get a better look at it.

“I actually had to experiment with different strings before getting it right. There wasn’t really anyone to give me real instructions other than my book.”

He said. The book that had started it all was now in his home. He didn’t need to use it as a reference as much as he used to. He had nearly memorized the book from cover to cover.

Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Do you think we should start bringing this to a close? Also sorry for the latenes Smile
WC: 264

“Fishing wire?” She questioned inspecting the material in front of her. She sniffed at it and tilted her head slightly to the right, “Interesting.” Was all she managed to say. She sighed and took a step back to give Niro his space. She smiled, “You are very interesting.” She said waving her tail happily.

She took a moment to listen to him speak about a book, and then she smiled. “The next time we meet, I would like to see this book of yours.” She said gazing up at Niro. “I think the book you got this from would be very interesting to read.”

She was really good at reading, and she quite enjoyed it. She couldn’t write, the reason behind that was obvious, but she could read and enjoyed the things she learned while reading the pages of old books. Her ability to read was taught to her by her adopted father who was of the Luperci; reading was also where she learned about all the plants, flowers, and herbs she so much enjoyed.

Silently she thought to herself, if she was ever turned into a Luperci, or if she ever decided to make an old human structure her den. She would make sure it was filled with books. From the floor to the ceiling there would be books in her den, and she would make sure that whatever book she scavenged was taken care of and protected. She laughed silently to herself; I’m beginning to see that the hawk is not my only obsession. She told herself with a small soft chuckle.

<style type="text/css">
.hawk-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#006600; letter-spacing:1px; }
.hawk-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.hawk-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.hawk-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... edited.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 313 OOC: We can end it here or with your post, up to you

------

Her interest never wavered and he couldn’t help but smile when she said he was very interesting. He didn’t really think he was THAT interesting, but he would let her have her way on that for now at least. Gregor flapped his wings, though he didn’t leave Niro’s arm. Marahute seemed at odds too and he could tell they wanted to be on their way. Rolling up the fish line with the leather on it he looked to Dierdre.

If we meed again, and I am sure we will, I would love to show you my book. It seems that my friends are ready to head back home I’m afraid, but it was very nice meeting you Dierdre, and if you ever come across Cour des Miracles, don’t hesitate to look me up!

He said with a smile. He was happy their meeting had changed for the better, she did seem to have the same affinity for birds as he did, at least for the one single bird she said she was chasing, though he wondered if she would find the bird again, who knew, but he was sure that if she was persistant she just might find the bird once more. He would start thinking about different ways to catch and care for an eagle himself, he didn’t want to feel like some kind of slave driver. If only he could just take an egg from a nest every time. That was unrealistic though. He would find a way to do what he was sure would be good for everyone. He had made his goodbyes, and gave a little nod to the woman and turned to leave. He was sure she had to catch up to the hawk she’d been chasing, and was sure it was quite far not unless it found something good to eat nearby.

Table by Sie
[/html]