(J!) Wanderer's daughter.
[html]

Where was she? This wasn't the prairie land of her mother, or the winterscape of the grey wolf. It was cold, but the grasses were flourishing; the trees were far from bare. There was snow all over the place, however the amount wasn't as treacherous as the North. The red wolf was confused, immensely confused. The wind had told her that wolves were here, but all she found was this... Fish-scale wall. That's what it looked like, although it smelled different from fish. It was torn wide enough for her to walk through, however Tatiana had yet to adventure forward. She simply stood there inspecting the fence with the sniffling of her nose. The path beneath the fence was worn and smelled like so many things - prey animals, wolves, strange new scents. It was intriguing on some level, but worrying.

"Hello?" She called, her voice meek and sharp. Low speak was something she was used to, although some wolves she encountered used strange other sounds to communicate; the sound carried forth in to the wintery landscape and faded away. The wolf was obviously alone, so after a quick glance behind herself she went racing through the hole. A piece of the fence combed through her red fur, clawing along her side and nicking her hip - she didn't feel the scrape as it happened, as the feeling of the metal sliding through her fur was irritating enough. It spooked her and she moved quickly, dashing away from the fence and up one side, distancing herself from the wall. The girl raised her head, took a sniff at the air, and then began wandering once again; carefully looking to the fence every few moments, and then back along the snow's surface. Wherever this is, it is very peculiar.

It wasn't unusual for the area to be empty of wolves, but to have the heavy scent of canines - and then have none around - was strange. Did something happen to them? Tatiana paused to shake some snow from her paws, stepping once, shaking the paw like a cat, and then stepping again. That was one thing she would never adjust to; snow, it was just so damn cold. It melted so easily under your paws, soaked your fur and left it chilled. Ugh, if only it would just go away. The girl lowered her head and sniffed at the substance, licking the ice and feeling it melt against her tongue - but then her ears twitched. Well, they always twitched, but now there was a sound in the distance. It was strange, and made her stop - listening intently like some kind of spooked deer. Was she alone, or was something else out here?

Character Name: Tatiana Carrow
Character Birthdate: Feb. 7, 2010
Character Gender: Female
Character Species: Red Wolf
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci
Desired Profession Path, if any: N/A
How did you hear about 'Souls? Shawchert!
If joining OOCly, a link to three examples of RP. If joining ICly, your IC post.

[/html]
[html]

Hello! Big Grin Welcome to AniWaya! Nayati will warm up after a little Wink 300+

Ever since the storm, Nayati had been taking a lot on his shoulders to keep AniWaya in order. With Dawali's leg broken and him and Liliana being the next highest ranked members of the tribe, the Gadui Kanati felt it his duty to pick up the slack for the injured Kalona. He had brought a good number of blankets back the other day from a successful trip to the old human town. He would be eternally grateful for Krystalle's help and hoped that she would come visit sometime. Though secretly he hoped her visit would wait until AniWaya was back to looking more like itself. Right now it was still quite obvious that they had faced the devastation of a storm. It would be better for his new friend to see the tribe in its glory and not its defeat.

The Utina was mounted upon his horse, Iye, and they were making a quick swipe of the fence lined border to make sure nothing was out of place. At least their boundary had not fallen in the wake of the winter storm; it was one of the few things the tribe could be thankful for. The stallion's hooves moved easily through the snow and Nayati looked out keenly from his seat upon the equine's back. Honestly he was not expecting to find anything out of place, so when his pale blue eyes found a strange wolf inside the fence his brows came together severely. He clicked his tongue and touched Iye's neck and the horse came up in front of the stranger who had intruded on their land.

"This is the land of the AniWaya tribe, why have you come beyond our borders?" At another time Nayati might not have been so stern, but they had just survived too much hardship for him not to be a bit on edge. He looked down at the female with a hawk-like gaze that spoke that she better have a good reason for her trespass.

<style type="text/css">
.nayati b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayati .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayati p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayati {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ede3d7; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... nayati.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0F475F; padding: 167px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The sound became clearer and more distinct as time progressed, and before Tatiana could figure out what to do, there was a strange beast standing in front of her; it had two heads, looked like a massive deer, and smelled distinctly of her own kind. It seemed unhappy and made some very strange noises, which made her back down - lowering herself to the ground as much as possible with her tail between her legs. What was this? Was this the reason the wolves had vanished from the strange place? Perhaps the fish-scale wall kept the monster inside, and she should not have bothered it. Tatiana wimpered and rolled over as he spoke, flashing her cream colored belly and then returning to her feet. Although she remained very low, the girl's eyes watched the legs of the monster deer, eyeing the sharp hooves. What have I done, I have angered a beast! I should leave before he tries to eat me.

The girl wasn't always so terrified, really. However, when faced with something so new and so alien, there was nothing else for her to do but panic. What really confused her was the fact that the creature smelled like a wolf. There was a pack here, of sorts. Something akin to one, anyways. A pack of two headed horse-beasts! "I-I'm very sorry, creature," Came her muttered response, directed toward the horse's knees as her head raised, slightly. "I did not know this was your land, I was curious of the fish-scale wall. I will retreat, if you would let me." Tatiana hoped that things would calm quickly. She could feel those concerned eyes boring in to her head, even without looking up; her ears were plastered to her skull, an even stronger addition to the already flamboyant display of submission. Instinct told her to flee, but yet - there was something about the monster that interested her. An attachment, of sorts, that surpassed her fear. The feeling further confused the girl, so she simply remained lowered close to the ground, and waited.

[/html]
[html]

Nayati had indeed wished to make an impression upon the trespasser, but he was unprepared for the complete shows of submission that were given to him by the strange female. Instantly she tucked her tail and cowered to the ground, and even went so far as to roll over onto her back. The Utina man was taken aback by this. Was he really so intimidating? She seemed downright terrified of him and he couldn't understand it at all. While there were weapons upon his body, none of them were drawn and while unhappy, his expression and body language were nowhere near hostile. His hard expression morphed into one of surprised confusion, and then just plain confusion when the woman responded to him verbally. She called him creature, and had a very odd name for what he assumed she meant to be the fence. He could honestly say he had never had an encounter quite like this before.

"Why do you call me creature? I am a wolf, just as you are." To illustrate this point, Nayati slid down off of Iye's back and placed his two feet firmly on the snow covered ground. The Gadui Kanati looked down at the girl, wishing she would stop groveling and being so scared. "Those aren't fish scales either, it's a fence, made from barbed wire. It marks the boundaries of the tribe's lands. Certainly you picked up on the scent?" Even if she hadn't understood what the fence was, surely she had to have smelled the scent of AniWaya strongly at the borders. Any wolf with a working nose could smell that.

<style type="text/css">
.nayati .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayati {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ede3d7; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... nayati.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0F475F; padding: 167px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The creature's second head took on a look of surprise, and as he slid off of the horse's back, Tatiana heard him say something interesting. "I am a wolf, just as you are." This caused her to be just as confused - for surely he smelled like a wolf, and now that she understood that the creature was not actually attached to the horse, he looked like a wolf. But then at the same time, he was like no other wolf she had ever seen. "What?" The girl whispered, flicking her ears to catch his next words; the stranger explained the fence next, and she took a glance over at it. "It marks the boundaries of the tribe's lands. Certainly you picked up on the scent?"

"Yes, but," She confirmed his thoughts as she raised herself back to full height, keeping her tail against her belly regardless of his behavior. "I found no wolves when I approached, and thought that you had done something to them." Tatiana felt silly, and still very much afraid. The creature - no, not a creature - wolf. The wolf was so strange to her, standing up like that. She glanced at her own legs and then took a step forwards, inspecting his feet - sniffing at them, looking at their extra bend. "You are truly a wolf? But wolves.. They walk the way I walk." To emphasize this (even if it didn't need to be emphasized), Tatiana tried to rear up on her own hind legs. She staggered backwards while her front limbs flailed, and then set herself back down. There was no way for her to stand up the way he did; so then, how could he do it? Obviously the stranger was a different species altogether. Perhaps the next step in the evolution of the wolf? The nagging feeling still held her mind in a state of confusion, though. Something about the two-legged wolf was familiar, even if she was confused by it. "I have heard stories of creatures like you, but have never encountered one before-" Now the female began to circle him, walking in a half moon around one side and then turning around, and walking back to her original spot.

"What are you?" Oh, where were her manners! Mother would be horrified if she was watching the way her daughter was reacting. Scared, submissive, pathetic. Noska would be berating her; even now with her sister so far away, Tatiana could hear her sister's voice telling her to stop being such a pansy. With a small breath to try and give her strength, the red wolf asked a more polite question, looking rather sheepish. "I mean, who are you? What am I to call you, if you are not a creature?"

[/html]
[html]

Just so you know, I won't be able to reply again until tomorrow afternoon/evening since I have work and another engagement ^^; 300+

The words he had hoped would evaporate her fear only seemed to compound it with the same sort of confusion that he had felt about her own words. Nayati felt it was quite obvious that he was a wolf--surely what else could he be?--and yet this simple fact appeared to completely befuddle the unknown female. Nayati sighed heavily. Usually he was a very patient soul, but with everything that had happened in the last moon he was feeling stretched thing and worn down; this strange conversation was not helping that in any way. Still, the man had enough grace not to get short with the woman or to snap at her. "Well, most do not hang around the borders all day. We live in the inner areas of the territory. Just because we are not in sight does not mean we are not there," he said in as even and kind of tone as he could muster. Perhaps she had never been a part of a group before.

When she got closer and sniffed at his legs, Nayati took a step back, giving her a bewildered look. To him, this form was much more normal than the four legged one she wore herself. He knew this was mostly due to the culture of the tribe, but it was hard to imagine what she found so odd and hard to believe about him. "Of course I am. Wolves can walk like that, but they can also walk as I do if you shift your form. I would not be able to walk upright either in the form you are in." It did not even occur to the Utina that she knew nothing of changing forms. Such a thing was nearly unheard of in AniWaya.

Then she began to walk around him, inspecting him, and Nayati became quite uncomfortable yet again. He did not enjoy being examined as if he were some unnatural thing. When she asked what he was, he gave a dissatisfied frown and crossed his arms over his chest. Even when she amended the question a little, it still seemed awfully rude to him "Perhaps you could call me by my name." It was a hint, but he wasn't going to give his name to her unless she asked in a more respectful and courteous manner.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Alrighty! Can I safely assume that Tatiana is going to be accepted? Then I can post with other people until this thread is done? Big Grin
------

While the stranger continued to explain, he seemed exasperated. Little did the wolf know that the tribe - and most of the land - had been under the constant threat of the snow storm. She had come through just as it was ebbing, and now that it was over, she couldn't understand the aftermath that he would be dealing with. However, his tone of voice made her apprehensive; she withdrew from her efforts to examine him and sat back on her haunches, looking like a scorned dog, while he tried to make things clearer. The information was understandable, to a point. Tatiana would have to think things over for a while before the stranger's words made total sense to her. Changing forms, for instance - what could he mean by that? Creatures only had one form, one body. Yet at the same time, she was in complete understanding of his words. Some part of her accepted it, and was no longer as curious.

As to her questions, the male got rather defensive. His voice was stern, "Perhaps you could call me by my name." Tatiana shrank at the sound, but not as much as her initial submissive behavior. She was adapting to this strange wolf and his own behaviors - feeling rather foolish for being scared, as he was quite amiable. "I apologise." She commented, looking at the ground for a moment. When she looked up again, those orange eyes of hers were bright, and focused. "My name is Tatiana; if you would be so kind, would you tell me your name?" That was the best she could do, her tongue and brain didn't seem to be communicating as well as they should be. Perhaps the mental confusion over this situation had finally caught up with her. Oh, if only Joker was here! He would be entertained by this wolf - but then, he would probably be far more rude to him as well. "It is... Nice to meet you." Her voice was stronger now, braver. If this male had been a true monster, he would have ended her life already - or removed her from the land more forcibly. If he was so calm and pleasant, perhaps there were more of these bipedial wolves? Tatiana thought of how interesting their lives must be; perhaps she could be permitted to stay, and to study them. Of course, that would seem a bit.. Cold. Maybe I could learn of their ways, and be of some use. That begged the question - just what was this little girl good at? Hrmph.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! At least you didn't have to wait on me to post elsewhere though :3

Nayati relaxed some when she finally stepped back and ceased to look at him like some sort of exhibit. He was a confident man but he had never liked being under such microscopic looks. It wasn't her fault that she did not know the hardships the tribe had just endured, but it was impossible for him to put off the weight that it had placed upon his shoulders. Even in his tired state he was doing his best to be helpful though. It was a relief when her questions about him ceased. Just as she could not completely wrap her mind about what he was telling her, he could not understand what she was so confused and intrigued about. It was best to just leave such things for the time being.

The female shrank back at his words and a tiny part of him felt a little bad for being so hard, but at the same time she had been quite rude and insensitive. The woman needed to learn some tact. She apologized though, and gave her own name and asked for his nicely. Nayati's expression softened, though his arms remained crossed over his broad chest. "I am Nayati Utina," he replied simply. The Gadui Kanati could not say that the encounter had been "nice" thus far, but if he wanted her to be polite he needed to show that same behavior in return. "It is nice to meet you too Tatiana. Now, is there something I can help you with?" If she needed something then he would try his best to assist, depending on what it was, but he really had no time for idle chit chat. There was simply too much for him to do to waste time on trivial matters.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Nayati Utina. She would remember that name; it was a strange one just as he was strange. What language did such a name come out of? Tatiana did not think too long about this, and instead concentrated on the situation at hand. It had been proven to her today that being stuck in her own head was damaging to these types of situations. She needed to focus, pay attention, and pick up on his social cues; when had the girl become so terrible at communicating? It must have been when Jester left, and she had to travel alone. While Nayati looked a bit more relaxed after their exchange, his arms were still crossed over his chest - defensive? He asked the wolf a simple question, and she did not know how to respond.

Tatiana opened her mouth as if to speak, but caught herself - unsure of what she was going to say in the moment. Fearful, somewhat, that she would say something else that would offend the male. Though she did not wish to waste his time, her response took a moment longer than she would have liked. "I feel terrible for trespassing upon these lands," she began with a sheepish look at Nayati, which turned in to a casual glance at his horse, "Is there any way-" Oh, she really should stop her eyes from wandering! Especially at this moment. Those orange orbs jumped back to Nayati, focusing in on him for a change. "Is there any way I could stay here? I would love to learn about your kind. At least so I do not make similar mistakes in the future?" Tatiana took a deep breath to calm her nerves; if he said yes, that would mean getting over her fears and studying the creatures, however if he said no... Something within her was ready to deflate at the thought, so she pushed back her doubts and waited for the male to make his decision.
[/html]

[html]

The Gadui Kanati was not one to waste time in general, and that was even more true now. He was tired and honestly at the moment all he wanted to do was to return to the Town Hall, see his mate, and get some sleep. Nayati didn't think he had ever been so tired since coming to the satellite tribe. Pale sky blue eyes watched Tatiana, waiting for her response. The man waited patiently, despite his weariness and all. Still, he could feel the fuse of his temper running ever shorter no matter what he did to try and lengthen it. Hopefully this all could be sorted and figured out soon before he did something that he himself would regret later on. Finally she started by apologizing again, in a manner, for trespassing onto their lands. Then her mind and eyes seemed to drift off again before coming back to the point.

He had never heard someone ask for acceptance into AniWaya in such a way before, and it made him cock an brow at her. Even if it was odd though she was obviously sincere. "If you desire to live here you will have to contribute in some way or another. We have just faced a devastating storm and there is much work to be done. What skills do you have that could be of use to the tribe?" It was always important to know what those wishing to join AniWaya could do to help but now more than ever it was crucial. They really could not support a dead weight.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Tatiana was very nervous about what would come next. What if he thought her request was strange, or maybe the pack that he is in only had the bipedal wolves? He looked confused, or intrigued, she couldn't really tell. And then when Nayati spoke, it gave her a swell of confidence. He would accept her if she could help the pack in some way; while this was a great opportunity, the girl could already feel herself deflating - what could she do? What role could she play that would benefit them? Clearly the strange wolf had more abilities than her, which would mean his pack could accomplish much more than herself. Still, she took a breath and tried to look as brave and bold as she could.

"I'm small, and I spent most of my time hunting small game. I could hunt for you and bring in rabbits if that helps. Or... I'm a fast learner!" She felt like she was really grasping at straws, and she found herself desperate to say the right thing. The land had a pull and it was making her want to stay, to understand - she didn't know why she had such a bizarre feeling, but it was there, and she couldn't ignore it. "I will help you and your pack in any way possible, I swear it. Anything that needs to be done - small task or large - I will do it with the best of my ability. Please Nayati," Her desperation was starting to show, but it didn't matter now. She had to be here, in this place. "Please let me stay."

[/html]
[html]

300+

Nayati had never had any desire to turn anyone away from acceptance, and the same was true of Tatiana even if he was more on edge than was usual from the Utina. She would not prove she could do anything particular or spectacular, just that she would not be a leech upon the tribe. The only members they could afford to support were the very young and the very old. Everyone in-between had to contribute in some way or another. His question appeared to have the orange-eyed femme worried for a moment, but then she puffed herself back up and he listened patiently to what she had to say of her skills. At first her tone was calm, but then Tatiana appeared to become almost panicked and quickly he uncrossed his arms and made a soothing gesture with his hands. "Calm yourself Tatiana, there is no need to become so worked up."

"Helping bring in what food you can will be a help, and whatever else you can do as well. Until you find your true calling you will remain an Itse, but yes, you can stay." A small sort of smile tugged at the man's lips, hoping that she would truly relax now and that things would not seem so awkward as they had. "I can show you back to the village, though I suppose it is difficult to call it such now..." The only building really left standing was the Town Hall, where many were staying for the time being until the huts could be rebuilt. "First we will have to stop by the stables though, so Iye can get his own rest." Or she could try and find her own way around, it was up to her, though Nayati could not help but feel a little bit responsible for the odd female.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]