my bird's bones make a hollow sound.
[html]
Thread Information

Date: 07 March 2011 (Foredated)

Setting: Inferni's southwestern borders, the Dampwoods/the Forest of Nod.

Time: Afternoon.

Character Form: Optime

Word Count → 319 :: Big Grin

March was as furious as the previous month in terms of temperature, though thankfully, they had received little snow on top of the torrent dumped on them some weeks ago. The hybrid woman still clearly recalled being dug from her cave, of course, but she preferred not to remember the aftermath and the other damages done to the clan, instead reflecting on the bonding time spent with China. The silver-shaded hybrid could never really get enough of her grand-daughters; their presence was soothing and calming to her, much the same as their father's.

The old woman trotted through the snow with surprising ease, made limber and flexible by the substances provided by these very same granddaughters. Without it, the Centurion feared her arthritis might have the best of her. In the morning, it was difficult to stand, as it was. She would be twelve this year, and she felt this with every bone and tendon in her body. Despite the monochrome hybrid's acute knowledge of her own age, it was not apparent from her gait nor her face -- her mostly-pale muzzle had survived graying remarkably well, and only the russet streak had gone gray-white, ticked with a salty color that it had lacked in its youth.

Still, despite her age and what she had been through, the grizzled Luperci refused to cease tending to her duties where Inferni was concerned, and thus her reason for the patrol today. Her Optime form was not the preferred method of travel, but it seemed to move easier in the snow for her, and so she had taken to it lately. Though the going was slower, the silver-shaded hybrid did not patrol the entire border for hours on end as she once had. Inferni was quite stocked with limber, youthful individuals, and the coyote simply did not need to devote the time she had once given to the perimeter of the territory.

<style>
.sie-grungetxt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6Labg.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.sie-grungetxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-grungetxt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.sie-grungetxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sie-grungetxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-grungetxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sie-grungetxt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Dont forget Ren has a traveling partner so well have to add Kami in too Big Grin. Kami- sorry for the slight power play, just kinda need to add in a few things to begin it all Sad I hope you dont mind.

Ren and Kami had been traveling for a few days, keeping a steady pace towards the coyote pack and now it was a moment of truth. They had reached the Inferni borders last night and, instead of calling for a leader that night they had stayed a few miles away from pack borders in an abandoned den, staying away as to not bother or intrude the pack lands. Ren looked alittle anxiously towards the males direction, nodding to him, letting him know to be ready for anything. She then turned her attention back to the old markers that claimed the borderlines, observing them and remembering them from her child hood and how they had frightened her. She half-grinned and lifted her head, sending her musical voice over the trees and hills, hoping to call to the pack but more importantly Kaena.

She let the howl linger on for a bit before quieting her voice and sitting patiently down, she also offered a smile for Kami, "I'm glad you came with me" She was grateful for the fact that he joined her on her journey thoug she wasnt sure what else to say, she just turned and kept a watchful eye out as the wind blew gently and her dark ravyn hair gleamed blue now and again whenever the sun escaped a cloud and shone radiently on the white earth below. It was cold out but it wasnt bad, she remained in optime form since it was her best fighting form aside for perhaps her lupus. But even then she didnt have her quick fingers to draw the bow resting seemingly harmlessly behind her. She sat agitatedly for a while, exchanging looks between her and kami now and then. Awaiting for anyone to show.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Oh this is what he had been missing. As the the large wolf traveled along side his female companion a feeling of euphoria had gripped him. Traveling in unfamiliar territory, danger possibly around every tree, and the adrenaline pumping through all to familiar veins. This was what the safety of the Valley could not offer the once rogue wolf. With his head low and his golden eyes sharply watching every sign of movement, there was little that would get by his finely tuned senses. Even Rendalls anxiousness had not evaded him, though he could understand why she might be nervous. He had heard that the Inferni pack was much more war like then the passive pack that he had joined, and the idea of switching to a more like minded group had crossed his mind more then once.

" I'll try to keep my mouth shut." he said with a sarcastic grin. Traveling with Rendall had been refreshing to say the least. Beyond the adventure that he been had missing the female had a calming effect on the abrasive wolf. He found that he was capable of displaying a bit more of his old self around her. Whatever the reason behind it didn't much concern Kami at the moment. Rendall had summoned the Inferni pack and there was no telling what would come to answer the call. With his eyes set to the horizon, constantly searching for whatever might come thier way he sat with his back to the blue furred female. The size of his Secui form would not be much to consider compared to the height of her Optime shape, but he had the strength and agility to take on most any opponent if the need should arise. The scarred wolf tried to cast such negative thoughts aside. this way Rendalls time to prove herself as the mediator of the packs and he would do his best to not screw it up for her.
[html]

Word Count → 442 :: Big Grin!

The hybrid's long legs made traveling through the snow more easy than if she had been in her four-legged form, though it was not as thick in the forest as it was on the open plains of the Waste. This she was thankful for, especially as the call of a wolf rose into the air, beckoning her toward it. She did not recognize this voice, and hesitated just a moment, considering the clearly female voice upon the wind. She did not think she had many enemies -- Anathema had been quiet as of late. Perhaps against her better judgment, the silvery Centurion made her way toward the source of the sound, trotting through the snow and moving through the forest with a laid-back ease to her movements.

It was not long before a faintly familiar scent and the smell of a stranger entered the woman's nose. She knew one, though the name did not immediately register within the old woman's mind. It had been a long time since she had met the wolf, though she recognized Phoenix Valley on the fur of the pair of canines both. There was no agitation between the coyotes and these wolves at the moment; since the fiasco with Haku, they had rightly gone back to ignoring one another. Yet the scarred hybrid knew -- she owed Jefferson. She owed him a whole lot, as he had been obligated to do jack for her upon the borders when he'd found her, torn and bleeding. The least she could do was amiably meet his packmembers at her doorstep.

The old coyote slowed to a trot as she approached the pair, single eye looking from Optime to Secui, studying each for a moment. The woman's name came to her -- Rendall. She recognized that fur, the glinting steely-blue color that she had seen nowhere else in her long life. She had last met Rendall in her Lupus form, and the hybrid woman regarded with hidden envy the spry litheness of her two-legged form. There was not a single epicene quality to her figure, yet there was strength behind it, still.

Kaena stopped several yards away from the pair, her sable ears pricked in interest, her tail wavering twice in a friendly greeting. “What can I do for you?” It was a far more friendly greeting than she might have given to others, but she did owe Jefferson, and Rendall did not seem to hold any animosity in her heart toward Kaena. The stranger, a male, was regarded with more caution, though she had extended to him the same wag of her tail in greeting, and addressed both of them.

<style>
.sie-grungetxt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6Labg.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.sie-grungetxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-grungetxt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.sie-grungetxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sie-grungetxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-grungetxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sie-grungetxt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ren's heart lightened as she saw the old woman. Rendall wasnt the only one who had aged since their first greeting. And the changed showed on both. Though the older woman's appearance changed little other than the grey strip on her face that was once a bronze-red color. Still though, the leader held nothing but respect for m the woman. Ren had heard about the issues that had gone on in Inferni in her absence, she only hoped that Pheonix Vally's interaction with it all would help build up a bond between the once mortal enemies. Ren relaxed at the sight of the old coyote, she was happy to have gotten the womans attention instead of aomeone alittle less friendly. Ren changed into her Lupus form quickly before nodding happily at Kami, a silent thank you, and walking up to the other woman.

Ren tried hard not to be too amused, as a child she was much smaller than Kaena, now, the grown wolfess stood just a little higher than the fearless leader. She wind caught Rendall's fur, making it glisen just a bit more in the occasional sunlight. She offered Kaena a friendly smile and a few wags of her tail in turn to the coyotes greeting. "Hello again Kaena, its good to see you. I hope you are doing well. This is Kami, he is my traveling partner. I've come acctually to talk to you about something that has happened in Pheonix Vally." She sat down, noting that the woman was still cautious about Kami, seeing as though he towered over them both, but thats what made the woman stay leader, and a good one, for so long. Her awarness made sure everyone stayed in their place.

Rens gaze turned sorrowful as she thought of all that had happened in the big blizzard. "As I am sure that your aware, the most recent of snowstorms has done quite a number to the pack territory, and I would be a fool if I thought the disaster stopped at us. We, like many packs, have lost an incredible amount of lives as well as homes, but also in the loss were our livestock. Its all but dwindled down to very few cattle and two or so horses. And though its hard for me to ask, knowing that your pack has suffered because of this storm, but I am here to see if the pack of Inferni would accept trade for anything that may help us restore our numbers again." Rendall wished it was something more than just business that brought her here to the coyote pack. But she had no other choice. She wanted to help Pheonix vally, the only place she did call home.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 463 Ugh, dug this up out of the archive. Totally up to you as to whether to continue; if you wanted to just wrap it up really quickly...? I have apparently zero muse for Kae. .___. I'm terribly sorry about this, fff. <3333

the sun will never shine on this cold dead heart of mine

Upon returning to Inferni, the silver-shaded hybrid did not enjoy a fond introduction to Phoenix Valley -- she had found one member deep in their territory, and she had chased two... or three? Or had it been one? Her memory was fading quickly, and she could not truly recall. There had been at least one canine of Phoenix Valley she had forcibly removed from Inferni territory, and it was only in recent memory that her opinion had even changed. None of their wolf neighbors made her comfortable; she much preferred AniWaya to the south, or even Crimson Dreams -- she'd met only a few of their members in the time since her return, and certainly none who had trespassed.

Rendall was a different story than most of Phoenix Valley -- though she had indeed attacked a friend of the pale-faced woman, she had been forgiven. This was not without a price, of course, and she figured it was long time for someone of the valley to come collecting. Favors weren't free, after all, and Jefferson had saved her life with no obligation to. She nodded at the woman and offered a faint smile that faded quickly, though it was more than she usually offered. To her partner she offered a brief nod, and she shifted her gaze back to the woman, lifting the eyebrow above her good eye in surprise. “What's happened?” she asked. Though she might not have been concerned with Phoenix Valley before, the hybrid held an obligation to them now. It was better than owing Dahlia de Mai something, at least.

The hybrid listened intently and nodded once or twice to show she was following along. When Rendall finished speaking, the coyote glanced at Kami, who seemed to have nothing to add, and then returned her one-eyed gaze to Rendall, studying her for a moment. “The storms were hard on all of us, yes. But Inferni doesn't deal with livestock -- the horses here are personal possessions of the members,” she offered apologetically. “Our greenhouse withstood the weather. Anselm built it well,” the coyote added thoughtfully, tilting her head to the side and considering. “We have medicinal plants, perhaps. And, if it helps you any, AniWaya does have livestock,” the hybrid said, offering this tidbit of information rather freely.

“If you'd like to see what we have -- I couldn't tell you -- come with me? Your friend should stay here,” the hybrid said. The request was polite but rather firm; she would not be bringing two foreign canines into Inferni's midst today. She did not think she could handle the bigger one if he decided to become impolite himself. She trusted Rendall to remain immaculate of manner, of course -- the woman hadn't shown herself to be untrustworthy before.

<style>
.kae-thorntxt {font-family:'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HIS1G.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:0px auto; width:500px; }
.kae-thorntxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px solid #000000; margin:5px auto; padding:10px 0px; width:100%;}
.kae-thorntxt .tagline {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:14px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px; }
.kae-thorntxt .tagline .sub { font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;}
.kae-thorntxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.kae-thorntxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 15px;}
.kae-thorntxt b { letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.kae-thorntxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]