Thread Information
Date: March 5, 2011

Setting: Cour des Miracles Borders

Time: Mid Morning

Character Form: Optime
[/html]

[html]

WC:309

Shaw was stressing too much, he knew it. The wedding was so many months away, and yet, it seemed all too close. He had to get so much done, and find help for so many things, and the first thing that came to mind was what he would wear… yes the big man wanted to wear clothes just for Sky. He knew she had him wrapped around her finger. It was not fault of hers, he just fell head over heels for her and needed to get things to work out for the best so preparations were to be started that moment. He would have to find a tailor, and the only one he knew was the man named Strel who lived in Cour des Miracles.

That was how he had found his way from his home to travel through the forest to get to the miracles pack. It had taken him a good part of the day, and he decided to camp at night so as not to bother the other red man. He finally ended up at the boarders mid morning. Nervous he gave a howl, one requesting audience with Strelein It wasn’t a call of utter importance, though he thought he should have in any case, but that mattered little now, all he had to do was wait and see if the man came to his call. As he waited he went over what he’d thought throughout the previous day. How he would pay for his request to Strel, as he knew no one should just give him what he wanted. He would have to work on whatever Strel wanted in return for fitting clothing. Shaw was more than willing to work out something that Strelein would want, though he would not know this until the man came and they could discuss it.

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+
<3

He had been moping, but he would never call it that. He called it his tired lazing about pretending everything was fine and dandy. But Strel was definitely not as cheery as he could have been. There was little to do, since the snowstorm had set things into perspective for some, and the demand for new pieces of work was a little limited for him. Not that he minded, he did not like being swamped with work, but he did enjoy being busy to keep his hands working and his mind preoccupied. But the redhead was staying away from the booze cruises he had been prone to taking. Noss had demonstrated his not so thrilled attitude about the drinking and it was not something Strel really wanted to do in the middle of the day. He needed other distractions. Other drugs were probably the choice. But he just sort of wallowed that day rather than seek someone to supply him.

Strel was leaning out of one of the downstairs windows, feeling the cold wind ruffle his mane into tangles. He ignored it, looking blankly at the snowed ground below him. Ear twitching, he looked off into the distance, craning his neck a tad as he heard the call somewhere on the borders. Brows furrowing, Strel heard it was for him, the request ringing in his head as he slipped out of the window and back into the hotel. It seemed like that one leader wanted him for something, and he complied. Stopping in his studio, he took his jacket. While unnecessary, the leather covering was something he coveted as something his vanity demanded.

By the time he got the borders, time had slipped by. It took much longer than the tailor thought it would, but he had not been rushing all that much to tell the truth. The entire time had been spent looking at the path ahead and only thinking of putting one foot in front of the other. So the moment he saw Shawchert before him, the redheaded man bowed his head slightly in respect, and apologized. "I'm sorry for the delay." He gave no explanation to his delay, and stood a few feet from the man. "Is there something you needed?"

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 340 OOC: He can talk well for a nervous guy… but I guess that’s why he’s a leader.

Shaw was nervous, he had traded before, but not for something so significant, so when it took the red man a while to answer Shaw’s call he almost thought that he was not coming, he was about to turn when he saw in the distance the other man moving towards him. He was relieved because he knew he’d have to find another tailor and he didn’t know any other, so to see the red man coming was a good thing for Shawchert. When Strel apologized for being late Shaw waved it off as nothing important, and when the question he was expecting to hear came, the large brute couldn’t help but feel his mouth growing dry.

Ah well. I was wondering if you would be up for a trade. See my mate… well mate to be is fascinated with human culture, and she wants to have a human wedding. Seeing how I’m as big as I am it is not so easy to find clothing for me so I was hoping I could offer you a trade. I am in need of a Tuxedo I think it’s called, I’m not sure if you’ve heard of it, I have not till recently.

He shuffled through his satchel to find the picture he’d found. It was from an old catalog with a human wearing a very fine looking suit. The lifeless picture was all he really had that could depict what such a thing was so Shaw hoped it would be enough for the man.

I can do wood carvings or repairs or even teach you to play the flute as a trade. Anything you want. I know it’s a big job so you deserve something just as big for it right?

Shaw said. He knew about exchanges and whether one should be worth more than the other or equal. He knew he couldn’t realy match what the man would be doing for Shaw… well he possibly could if Strel asked for the right thing. Things that Shaw knew he could do.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

Strel rolled his shoulders as he listened to the man, ignoring the way the leather sounded as his body moved beneath it. It was still not broken in, but the man liked it quite a bit and ignored the fact it was still not fully supple and flexible. So Shawchert had himself a lady, fancy that. "Congrats," he offered, a bemused grin appearing on his face. Seemed as though more and more Luperci were interested in the ways of the humans and what they had offered. This, though, was probably the most drastic thing he had ever heard of. And it fully amused him to no end. A wedding huh? He had heard of them, from someone telling him what they had read on it. It was some kind of official mating celebration. Seemed silly. An announcement was all that was needed but the extravagance of it was something the redhead could not easily ignore. Sounded fun.

Still listening intently, the tailor took the old paper into his hands and his lavender eyes soaked in the image of the human male in a suit, smiling. They were always smiling, probably to make people think they were always happy. It seemed easy enough. It would be interesting to adapt to Shawchert's size, but it was easy to manage. Nothing challenging, but it would keep him busy. "Hmm," he hummed, musing as he looked at the old picture, wishing it was bigger, better, more crystal clear so he could see where those seams were. Maybe he could find a shop in town that still had dusty suits like this. But even then, he would need to know this huge man's size.

"Easy enough. I'll find a large suit in Halifax and fix it to fit. If not, I'll let you know and we'll go from scratch but that would take longer," he warned, wondering what to do with the picture. Keep it or give it back? Smirking, the redhead cocked his head. "Oh, I demand a great trade. But flute lessons, that sounds delightful. I think I'll ask for those. And..," he paused, smiling slyly as always, ".. an invitation to that wedding of yours." It was not much, and it was odd, considering he barely knew Shawchert and the bride-to-be not at all. But hey, he wanted to see what they were going to pull off. "If you agree to that, better get to my studio so I can get your measurements down and then we can both be on our individual merry ways."

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:351 OOC: la la la la!!

Shawchert beamed as the man congratulated him on his engagement, and was soon in a world of silence as the man started thinking, but he didn’t have to wait long for an answer, and Strel took the paper Shaw had given him, and looked it over mentioning he would be able to do it. Time to Shaw was important but as they were a long ways off, he was sure there might be enough time for the red man to pull it off.

Is early summer enough time for you? Maybe even late spring, I was thinking around May or June if you know the calendar months.

He said, thinking about how long that would be from that day. He wasn’t the best at many things, and math wasn’t one of them but he soon had the calculations in his head.

That’s about two and a half to three months away.

Or moons he thought, not everyone went by a human calendar, though he knew much of the stars, and the moon, he was more use to the way the calendars worked. He listened as the man gave his conditions, and was surprised. That wasn’t much at all. To Shaw he’d be ripping the poor man off.

Flute lessons an invitation, and possibly… something to help with your tailoring? I know how to make different helpful wooden machines.

He called them that because to him that’s what they were, but they didn’t move like the human things did, not without manual help, and he couldn’t think of what else to make for the man. He didn’t know what he would need either, but he was slightly surprised that Strel wanted to join in on the wedding celebration. Shawchert had been preparing that and for his children now for a few weeks, so it was quite entirely stressful for the large male. He was glad that Strelein would be taking on the task at least! He moved closer but did not cross the borders, not just yet, he indicated he would follow the red man to where he needed to go.

<style>
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+

Strel nodded at the time limit set on him. He would have it done early for this leader, just to give time for fitting and refitting as they were likely to happen. Strel had no immediate access to Shawchert's presence as was necessary to the constant alterations he would need to make. It would be a bit tedious, seeking out the man every now and then, so he needed to get as many measurements now as he could to ensure it would all be done faster with fewer inquiries. "I know the months, vaguely enough. But that is not the point. I'll have a first version finished for you in a couple of weeks, maybe less even. I don't know, I haven't done something this big - in grandness, not size - in a long time. It doesn't help I never did something like this either, but I'm sure I'll be a month shy of your date. Should be okay though." He was confident, but that was Strel for you. Cocky and proud.

The price seemed too low to the stranger. Well, he was not about to argue with him, but he was scarcely picky at some times. Strel shook his head a bit, raising his arm. "Really, it's fine. But since you do offer, we can always figure something out later." The redhead was not familiar with machines, and he had no idea what kind of things this man could rig up for him. But maybe.. maybe a better built mannequin? He could use something that was more adjustable, able to change based on what sizes his design needed, but that seemed beyond complicated; he had not even seen any from human trash. Or maybe they had all been decayed? Maybe Shawchert could help. "But sounds fair. We should get going now if you want a suit by your wedding," he suggested, grinning sheepishly as he waved the other man across the border and into the kingdom. He would behave, that was easy to see.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 308 OOC: You can do lil pp to get them to their destination. Oh and Gornul said you worried about me <3 I’m all good I get my internet back up tonight sometime! Big Grin

Strel’s answer was one that Shawchert liked to hear, it wasn’t something that seemed made up, though he was surprised it wouldn’t take Strel that long to finish a first piece so soon, but Shawchert didn’t know the finesse that it took to make clothes and make them right. He nodded as Strel spoke of him finishing entirely a month before his date. This made Shawchert a very happy man indeed. He did indeed find that the trade was short ended and really hoped they could compromise, he knew that sewing was a big hassle, his mother had taught him the basics, though Shaw never really wore clothes, she said it was best to know these kinds of things… well he’d hate to admit it but that was one of the things Shawchert promptly forgot when he left his old pack.

“Great, I’m sure we can come up with a compromise.”

Shawchert said. He grinned from ear to ear as the other man motioned him to come with him so they could get his suit before his big day. He couldn’t help it. He loved the idea that him and Sky were planning out. He was never one for human traditions, for he knew they did something to make their downfall, but this was probably not that reason why so he was safe to assume it wouldn’t hurt him or Sky to do it. He stepped past the boundaries and followed Strel. He was deep in thought wondering what his suit will look like, and how hard it would be to make. He kind of wish Strel was in his pack, they could use a tailor and he’d be able to watch the man as he worked, though Shaw had no interest in learning how to put pieces of cloth together, he liked seeing the process.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

Strel grinned broadly, turning on his heels as the man crossed the border. Since he had invited him over, it was all now okay for the big man to be in the kingdom without trespassing. It would be a matter of time before they reached the hotel and the redhead man's studio. To pass the time, he asked a few question, base in their essence. "How is your pack doing? Everyone behaving themselves?" he asked lightly, unaware of anything that may have happened inside of their borders, away from the eyes of others. "When is this performance I've been catching whispers of?" He sent a lavender glance at Shawchert as he walked his instinctual path back to his home.

In a little while, the two of them arrived in the hotel and the tailor led the man into the studio. Thankfully its doors were fine and still solid and free of rot. Shutting it behind them to give some privacy for a man working on his life work, Strel told the man to stand next to the wall. He absently gestured at the wall, where he had long since nailed in a fully extended measuring tape to the plaster, embedding it in the wooden framework. "Okay, gotta know how tall you are, what your measurements are at the shoulders, chest, waist, hips, legs and pretty much a lot of other silly gibberish." Strel took his sketchbook, half full as it was, and turned to a fresh page. Mindlessly licking the pencil in his hands, he drew a strange bubbled stick figure, with lines pointing to the areas he needed measurements. "And if you can, you should write your name on here, just so I remember." Strel could not read, but if it was signed in another's hand, he would recognize the word as the name.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 382 OOC: Sorry this took forever Sad

In Character

Of course Strel had to ask about something so simple that it had become complicated he was sure that the red man didn’t want to hear details of much, just general news, though he would probably get a kick out of Shaw’s big mistake, though it seemed it would end out nicely with the birth of this pups.

“We’ve had our ups and downs. The storm really knocked us for a loop though, but I think in the end it has made us a little stronger.”

He thought he pulled that one off nicely. then Strel spoke of the performance. He’d nearly forgotten about that. With the drama and then the storm. Things had gotten a bit scattered. He was going to still do it. No matter what.

“That I hope to have start around summer time. I must confess with all that has been going on, and our pack being new, we have not really gotten together about it.”

He answered as they found their way to the hotel. He had been here once before, but that Niro kid had been there to threaten him. He wasn’t now, but Shaw was afraid the grey male might do so again. Strel led him inside where Shaw took a look at the structure of the Hotel, which was quite uniformed and sturdy. He wished he had master plans of this place he could use something like this back home. His thoughts had wandered and he nearly didn’t hear what Strel had to say. He followed the mans orders. He told Shawchert what he was going to do, and it sounded like a bit of work, but he didn’t expect any less. That was why he was willing to pay quite a bit for this. He took the book and as neatly as he could (Which wasn’t very neat at all) wrote out his name for the man.

How long have you been making clothes? Where did you learn this?

Shawchert asked inquisitively, sure that he could still ask questions as the man worked. He knew he had no abilities in the art of sewing or otherwise tailor type stuff ,but it was always interesting to know the story behind it.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]
300+

The storm had been rather strong for them here, but it had not harmed a soul which was always a good thing. The kingdom was still running strong as before, though they were still, as ever, a mismatched group of misfits. "That's good. We had a couple of idiots from our kingdom go out and try to find supplies in the middle of the storm. They came back fine though," he said absently, knowing fully well one of those idiots had been his idiot, Noss, and he was no member of Cours. For now, at least. Strel knew he would eventually try to convince that man to join him here, rather than going with his sister to AniWaya. But that seemed selfish of him, even as he thought of it.

"Well, good. I look forward to it. And if you need help with something and I can do something about it, then please call on me. After all, I'm like the pack member away from the pack," he added jokingly. Strel was more suited for their pack, even if his personality fit Cours just as much. But he was unsure how Shawchert would take that little bit of humor.

As Shawchert wrote down his name in the book, the redheaded tailor took a note to memorize it and know it for this man's name. Maybe one day he'd learn to read properly. But that day seemed far in coming. Taking the charcoal pencil, he pushed the man against the wall so he'd stand straight and then took the measurement of his height. What a tall one. "I don't know. I've been doing it for so long. I've been doing it since before I came here. When I was just a kid in my home pack, I had done it in secret." Strel took his second measuring tape and measured the man's shoulders and looked at the nailed one on the wall for how long the other man's arms were. All that went down on the paper. "I learned on my own, by finding those old human patterns in old houses and then figuring out on my own what would match their styles. Most of it was accompanied with lots of pricked fingers that made my family suspicious when I would walk home with sore front paws." Naturally he had not really mentioned that his home pack had been traditionalists.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 320 OOC: Smile

Shawchert raised his eyebrows when Strel mentioned some of his pack going out in the actuall storm for supplies, and couldn’t help but to agree with the red man. Maybe Niro had been one of them. Possibly even the leader of that said group. He found that funny and not funny. He knew he shouldn’t think ill of someone, even if they did seem to have a great hatred for him.

It is good they came back in one piece, maybe then they will learn not to go out and hopefully if it happens again, then they can advise against it.

He couldn’t help but chuckle at Strels joke, yes he was not humorless. In fact being the leader of a pack that was suppose to be about the arts, a humor was required. He did find it warming that though Strel was not a part of his pack, that he thought himself as that. Some who would make such a comment wouldn’t get such a warm feeling, but Shaw liked this man. He was nice, to the point, and he felt he could trust him.

You had to do this in secret? Really? How come?

He asked curiously. He had remembered he had to do things without his own pack finding out. The only one it was safe to show was his mother. His wood carving was one of those things he had to hide. Shaw got a hint when Strel mentioned sore front paws. He was big, but that did not make him more of an idiot. He stood as still as he could while the man got his measurements feeling strange as the red man moved around him putting the tape measure against one part of his body and then another. He knew this was necessary though, for the sake of getting a suit that would fit him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

"Damn straight they'll learn. I'll freakin' beat him if he does something that stupid again." Strel was still bitter that Noss had left so willingly from the hotel during the blizzard. But then again, he did not seem like the kind of guy to sit around when there was something good to be done elsewhere. And since that other man, Rurik's boy, had suggested a scavenging party, Noss volunteered. Strel had not panicked, but he had been concerned, most definitely. But he had returned safely, both he and Anatoliy, and he was happy they were both okay, but mostly because Noss was alright. He was sure that the Russo man's woman had chided him. But he bet that she had applauded him for his actions. They seemed like that kind of pair.

Nodding, Strel go the girth of the man's legs at their thickest and thinnest, his arms, and his chest. Broad shouldered man.. It made the redhead think about Noss, shaking his head lightly, he wrote what he got down. "Yep. They did not like the whole human thing. I had to learn to play music in secret too. I'm sure my mother knew but she never said anything. Then again, she had been born like me and my siblings. She knew what we could be. Anyway..," he said, nodding his head at Shawchert. "They were traditionalists. Didn't like the whole two legger thing much. So I learned to sew based off of old books and magazines and with dirty rags. But I made my own clothes by the time I left so.. I think all is well that ends well."

Strel waved at Shawchert to step away from the tape. "Done. Now, you want black, right? Like that picture? Just flat? And that man was wearing a white shirt and.. I think it's a tie? I'm not sure how to make a tie. But did you want that shirt underneath as well?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:415 OOC: :O

Shawchert listened and looked as he was being measured. He could understand about doing things in secret. He had to himself. His father hated him learning things that would take the attention of his siblings from their mother. Shaw had been the runt, but grew to be twice as tall as them because his mother believed he would be destined to be a great man, and because of her, he survived his ordeal with his father, who eventually kicked him from his pack, and banished him, without letting him say goodbye to his mother, all thanks to a stupid girl. That had been three years ago though, after that he’d wandered around until he finally found himself here in Souls where he became the leader of his pack. He was destined for something and that something was special to Shaw.

“Yes I can understand all that. My father was a traditionalist, though they allowed for shiftings, he also did thinks the way wolves had done for years, and as surprising as it may seem I had been the runt of my own litter, he didn’t like that I was first born and so small, he’d refused me first of anything, saying i would die soon. It had been my mother, who taught me so many things, so many survival skills and things that would keep my sane when I had wandered by myself. She taught me how to carve, and even basic sword handling, but... you aren’t interested in my story it’s not much anyway.

He felt abashed, he never really talked that much ,but he seemed at ease with Strel, though they were from different packs and he’d only met the man once before, but he was in a away easy to talk to, even with his personality. Shaw knew that the man didn’t always care for other peoples stories. Though shaw loved to hear them from other people and rarely told him, but Strel mentioning a connection the two had brought him to it. When Strel mentioned the shirt and tie shaw thought for a bit.

Well I think the ties won’t be so hard to find in the city, but I would honestly need a shirt. And yes black suit like that picture, and white shirt if at all possible.

He felt so appreciative of the red man for doing this and certainly would make him something fine when he got that chance.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
300+

Strel listened silently, as he straightened up things a bit. He grabbed the tape one last time and took the very last of the measurements that he needed from Shawchert. It was fast to finish and at last he put down his pencil with a soft clink on the wooden table. Sighing the redhead faced the much bigger man. His story was like his, he felt. Strel enjoyed people's stories, but some more so than others. But this story was one he was happy to hear shared with him. Bur the work was at hand and it was his focus right now.

He would leave finding the tie to the pack leader. "Then you might have to find it. Match it to your woman's dress. If hers is white, flatter her eyes." Only a man like Strel could have given advice like this. Who else knew vest how girls thought? And men, too? "But if she has strange eyes or you can't find a matching one, I'll make one. But I'll need a sample to work with. Oh if she has a white dress with a color accent or flowers. You can match that." Oh yes, it was complicated as hell.

But now that left their first discussion. "I found this bangle," he said, shaking his wrist. "And a bunch of human jewelry. Shiny silver and gold. Rings, necklaces, gems. And this is all I hid before my alpha took the jewelry box away from me. I think I hid it with my loot after that." His tone was bitter. Then guilty as he remembered his abandonment of his lute. "Other stories I interest me. Especially like mine. So do tell. I'm here to listen. Consider it a payment." Strel certainly thought it was fair, considering that Shawchert had not felt satisfied with the original, intended cost for all the work that was going to happen.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 418 OOC: Apologies for the delay ; ;

In Character

Shawchert was almost so overwhelmed with his explanation of how to find a tie, and now almost wished that he just asked the man for one and be over with it, but he wanted Sky to be happy about this because this was what she wanted, though he wanted it too, he could have been happy with the traditional way of doing things and just saying she was his mate. She, however, seemed to want to make it complicated beyond all manner. Shaking his head, he looked at the jewlery that Strel held up to show him. Nodding, he could remember when he had to leave he had to leave most behind that he owned. His father had burned his work that night, as he had watched through the trees, that was what made him finally leave and never look back.

“Well if you say it that way... theres not much more to tell. I was just any other wolf really, well i was Omega the lowest of everyone even the current omega, even though i could easily hunt with the others and provide the food when i was old enough... What got me banished was not myself, but whom I had made friends with. She was a lying bitch, went to my father one day, and in front of the whole pack cried rape.”

Shaw’s hand gripped into a fist, angry with the whole chain of events, but he took a breath.

“She told a story of how i took her and all she held dear to her, and well you know how it goes in a pack. My father drove me out, I had only what i had in my satchel, what i’d always held dear, leaving whatever else I had to my father. The woman probably got most of my treasures, because it was a law, in a way, it was compensation for her... troubles that she would get the belongings of the one who raped her. Ever since I had been wandering, and trying to find a place to call home, and now here I am...

He finished. It wasn’t a fantastic story, and he wasn’t the best at telling them. Especially ones that came so close to his heart. His mother... he never got to say goodbye to her, though he’d tried until he finally left for good. It was a sad spot in his story but he believed it made him grow stronger.

<style>
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]
300+

Strel saw the way Shawchert's face practically fell at the list he had given. Half of him was pleased by the reaction. The other part was a tad guilty, but this was what he saw. Any old picture of a human in a tux was usually accompanied by a tie. If his woman wanted a marriage akin to the human ones, let her have it. Shaw clearly wanted to please the woman; a sign of his affection but also her influence over him. That was what made him laugh a bit, since Strel himself would never be held on a leash by a woman. No, he was good at holding a leash himself. Maybe it was just femininity and the instinct inherent with that trait. Or maybe Strel wad a tad sadistic and wanted a clueless straight man to feel the wrath of style ignorance. Whichever.

The redhead listened calmly to the man, crossing his arms over his chest. Cried rape huh? That did not seem remotely fair. And the leader this man's own father? Talk about a strained and hateful relationship. Strel had never been close to his own father, but that was much. And to be made omega? That was not a relationship full of familial affection. Even the redheaded man cared for his father, but then again, his father did not chase him out of his home. He just judged and was disappointed. Nothing the redhead paid attention to.

"That sounds foul. Cried rape and your father chases you out? I'm sorry but your father is an asshole. Did he even listen to your side or was your status as omega, which was his fault as well, used against you?" Strel grunted in disgust, feeling annoyed at people these days. "But here you are. A leader of your own pack, showing up your father effectively. Good for Shaw; even if his father had no idea now. It was a personal victory.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 302 OOC: yay for stories lol, nooow what, XD

In Character

For some reason speaking of his past lifted a little weight on him, it wasn’t like he kept it a secret, he was sure to tell anyone who asked but he had not spoke of it recently, and with all that had gone on in the past few months with Orin and the pregnancy, it was probably a bit stressful, and to reclaim and collect what he’d lost and gained, possibly helped him a little. He breathed easier now that was for sure. Strel’s question was one he’d expected, for he had been asked that before.

“You are correct, my omega status did not allow me to speak for myself, though I did my damnedest to st the record straight at least in the eyes of the pack. It wasn’t much help though, they still turned their backs on me.”

He said, but Strel lightened the mood by mentioning Shaw’s new pack, yes he was a leader, and to a great pack at that. He loved his new family, the one he’d hope to spend the rest of his days with.

“You are quite right, my father would be feeling sorry he’d ever done what he had to me. Even back then I was still the smallest, I didn’t grow up until after I was banished. I guess it’s thanks to him, I had to adapt to my surroundings.”

He laughed at his height joke. He was a sight to see and he’d rather use his height as something more fun than intimidating. He only used it as such if he needed to press his authority which wasn’t as much as he thought it would be. His life was by far better here than his old home and he’d keep it that way.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]
300+
should probs close soon I am thinking :O

Strel chuckled at the leader before him, amused that once upon a time this tower of flesh was the runt of a litter, of a family, of a pack. Who would ever have seen that this man would have his own pack with people looking up to him for support and leadership. But really, if only his old man could have seen it; it would have been sweet. Or maybe it was better not to see the things that were the cause of old pain; those kinds of feelings had a way of sticking around long after the occasions had happened. Strel would not have been happy to see the leaders of his own pack, but he did miss people from home, as he was sure Shawchert did as well. But as long as the now was good, that was enough.

Sighing, the redhead stopped leaning heavily on his table, hearing it creak under his weight. "Well, I have your measurements, so if you want to leave, feel free to do so; I can start on it now, or perhaps tomorrow, depending on supplies. But don't worry about anything for a while." Strel smiled easily at the other man, well aware that the business transaction had happened and the payment was hanging in the air; but he was far more liberal about payment times and repayment. Really, eventually was good enough. "If you ever want to come see it, feel free. If anyone stops you, let them know you're here with my permission."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

OOC: well poo on my leaving post

In Character

"I don't know how much I can thank you for this, I will surely be back with in due time, and I will make sure you know the date of your wedding when i get wind of the actual date."

Shawchert smiled, his mind was set on starting this mannequin that Strel had been talking about needing, Shaw would probably need supplies, and a book on it, at least what it looked like, maybe there was something in the bookstore? He thought giving his new friend a great smile before taking his leave. He was not worried about the man seeing him out, he knew his way out and was ready to go home, excited about what his tuxedo would look like, and hoping his repayment would be enough for something so special. He knew one thing though, Sky would be quite surprised to see Shaw wearing something. It wasn't often the man could wear clothes due to his height and body tone, so it would be interesting to see what Strel came up with, but that would be for some time, now he'd have to plan the rest of everything. Not to mention what he owed the red man for his services. Pulling up his flute he started playing a tune, shomething happy, and whistful, as though he were already in some kind of daydream.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]