A Break In The Clouds
[html]

Hiya! This is my first thread besides the joinin' one I'd made. I'd enjoy company. Not Drusus, but me. *Smilez*

Several minutes after the departure of the Alpha male, Drusus hadn't moved an inch. He just stared off into the woods where the male disappeared, his whole body quivering from head to toe. He couldn't believe this! How long he'd waited to be accepted into a pack, to even be noticed, and now, it just felt wrong. Why would he, after all this, just accept him. He disrespected him and told him things that should have chilled him, yet he was just fine with them. He didn't quite know what to do with this, but when the winds swept over his body, he decided that he'd beter get a move on. It could get cold easy here, as he'd learned the past month from his wandering days.

Tentivly, he moved a paw froward, letting it drop down by force of gravity to the space past the scent border. Causiously he looked about, waiting for anyone to spring out and attack him for tresspassing. Yet, as he stood there, the only thing that greeted him was a strong wind, pulling at his guard hairs harder and harder, making him feel like he was being skinned. He shiered more violently, sensing the tempature dropping. He then started to make his way forward, still wary, but comferted by the fact he was alone.

Drusus recalled the words of the Alpha and looked forward, wondering how many others sat in these parts, accepted just as he. Thats when he decided he wouldn't find out. Insted of heading for the crowded town, he turned to the West, pushing his way through overgrowth and winding around graves, fallen or the few that stood erect. Soon, he'd left the graveyard behind and trailed into St.Pepins Vineyards, though he had no clue of this.

<style type="text/css">
.Drususfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#adacad; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4c4c58; }
.Drususfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; text-align:right;}
.Drususfreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Drususfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... able02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #666666; padding: 115px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Drususfreebe01-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #1B1B1B; margin:0 auto;}
.Drususfreebe01-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px solid #313131; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

i hope you dont mind me joining! <33

The rough drag and pull of air into his lungs was exhilerating but tough and the young Theta wasnt sure why he found it so dffcult to breath. He was fit and healthy- he had managed to save his aunt, cousin and sister from the wreck of the old Victorian house in the snow storm a few weeks ago and he had managed to pull himself very easily into the tree to rescue his cousin not long ago. He hadnt been injured and the fire at Saluce's shop had been easy to get away from. The young Stormbringer wanted to see his old mentor soon to see how he was. But for now he was running. Running like he always did. A base instinct that kicked in each morning until the mans strong body was itching to get moving.

He still hadnt gotten comfortable running in his optime form and therefore he was on all fours like every morning. He had visited his house earlier- he had one or two more planks to secure to the roof and it would be complete. He would be able to move in soon and the young man was looking forward to it. He would be exactly a year old in ten days time and he thought his first birthday might be appropriate for his moving out date. He needed to tweak about with the inside of the house a lot and sort out the water damage from the snow storm. But it was his house and he had built it from his own back, with the help of his mentor that is.

Once more he had allowed his mind to take over and he didnt realise he had run into St Pepin's Vineyard until the stench of rotting grapse hit him. They did not utilise the grapes in the vineyard and the frost had ruined the fruit beyound repair. Like a slap in the face the young man was reminded of Lolita and he pups, gone now. They had live here and Lolita had been here when Saul had gorged himself on grapes. He slowed now, tawny body rustling against his body. A foriegn scent caught him and Saul's bows furrowed as he stalkd forwards. A stranger in Dahlia? But they held Conor's scent. Perhaps a new member instead. Trotting forward Saul found the infiltrator quickly.

"You don't smell like Dahlia... New around here?"

His tone was polite if not a little short. He was trying to figure the man out as he paused where he was, a quick glance to the grapes in silent grief. Next year, he would do something about these.

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

I love it! Thank you! *grins*

Drusus stopped short at the voice behind him. Swallowing hard, but keeping his composure, he turned around and glared at the wolf. He had a slight air of power around him, but only slight. From his build and look of his movements, Drusus could gadge a little less than a year on this young wolf, and yet, he confronted Drusus, who was more than one year his elder. He shook his head at the thought, still not quite sure about the rules of a packs life, but it felt wrong, and he longed to sneer at the young wolf and tell him to 'bite me.' But, of course, he probibily would take these words literally and Drusus would not get on the right foot here in this pack. So he swallowed the impulse and just glared at the wolf, seething annoyance.

In a short, curt tone he replied, Yes. He didnt like this confruntation. all he longed for now was a quiet den and silence to thing about...his past. Yet this young wolf had rattled his nerves with surprise and it had jolted him into leveled anger. He controlled himself, yes, but only slightly. If this wolf even snapped at him one bit, he would most likely start snarling obsinitys. He still felt wary from his joining and the Alphas tense reaction to his own, so he was in no mood to play nice.

While waiting for the young wolf's reply, He tensed up his muscles again, his eyes growing harder. His pack swung at his hip as he agusted his position to face the young wolf head on. He was mindful that he should be kinder to this wolf, as the Bible tells one to teat one like he'd like to be treated, yet he could not bring himself to, and so his fur bristled invulintarily and his teeth clenched together.

<style type="text/css">
.Drususfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#adacad; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4c4c58; }
.Drususfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; text-align:right;}
.Drususfreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Drususfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... able02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #666666; padding: 115px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Drususfreebe01-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #1B1B1B; margin:0 auto;}
.Drususfreebe01-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px solid #313131; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

oh my gosh, feel free t kick me ver hard in the face! for some reason this thread is blocked on my school computers so i couldnt reply and then i forgot! <33

The young male picked up on the negative tension almost straight away. While his posture and voice had remained both polite and well meaning, something in the male in front of him seemed to have interpreted it wrong. Perhaps it was the actual words Saul used instead of the tone with which he said them- they were quite challenging just their own. The young Theta plagued himself in doubt, internalising the misinterpretation as something that he'd done. And if he'd done it then in his mind he could certainly fix it agan. Checking his stance he remained the dominant figure as was proper but he allowed his tail to flicker behind him in a gesture that said he meant no harm. Of course, the Theta was not expecting the one word answer, or the frostiness with which it was delivered.

"Well then, its nice to meet you. I'm Saul Stormbringer."

He answered, pushing past the social awkwardness that the one worded answer had created. It said everything Saul needed to know- the male had no desire to continue the conversation or to get to know his pack mates at all. Saul wondered why Conor had let him in the pack at all. But he knew the autumn hued leader was very in to second chances and there didnt seem to be anything outwardly wrong with the male. He was just a little antisocial is all. Saul vaugely remembered Belial, another antisocial male to brave Dahlia's innards. Fixing the male in front of him with a green stare.

"What brings you to Dahlia?"

He asked, tone polite and friendly while he tried to figure out what this male was all about. He had no idea and decided to wait for some answers before he made a final judgement.

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]