[Joining] ~ Lost in the snow.
Hello! ^_^ This is my first attempt at this kind of thing, so I Just wanted to say hi before I start. Any guidance you can offer is greatly welcomed. Big Grin

Out of Character.

1. Character Name: Velvet Fox.
2. Character Birth date (including year): 1st July 2010. (8 months old)
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Regular wolf.
4. Species: Arctic Wolf. -- ( Canis lupus arctos)
5. Gender: Female.
6. Currently played characters: This is my first character. Big Grin
7. How you found 'Souls: A friend recommended it to me.

9. Initial post - In Character.

Velvet emitted yet another silent yawn, her warm breath fogged the freezing air ever so slightly, feeling the soft crunch of leaves and snow below her paws as she lumbered onward. She had been wandering aimlessly through the snowy landscape for several days now -- No, maybe it was weeks. She couldn’t remember. She had been quietly attempting to avoid confrontations with more powerful canines for the best part of her journey, and by now she was heavily fatigued and craving a fresh, un-frozen meal.

The snow that had enveloped the landscape in a sheet of white reminded her of home. Her thick, fleecy, silver coat made her hard to spot against the snow, but it shielded her from the chilling wind that almost swept her sideways. Her slender frame retained a steady quiver that she couldn’t seem to cease, but she was not cold. She was afraid. She knew that she was close to pack territory, and she found herself wishing that she had somewhere else to go, but by now she was lost. She wasn’t very large for her age, and her self-confidence was also lacking in size, so the thought of meeting other wolves made her blood run cold with fear. However, she knew that this was a fear that she had to face, not every individual was malicious, and she needed to see that, but the idea of joining a pack was still frightening to her. She needed a place to call home again.

A faint sent abruptly drifted to her nose, and immediately she hesitated. She had finally reached the borderline of another pack’s territory. Velvet instinctively turned her head away, considering if she should turn back. What if they didn’t like her? What if she didn’t like them? She trembled timidly at the thought. She couldn’t help pondering the negatives of life in a pack, her pessimistic nature insisted that she consider what could go wrong. Growing tired of struggling to survive alone, she had to believe that maybe pack-life would be best for her, no matter who the members turned out to be.

Velvet’s ears reclined slowly and her head lowered as she turned her body back towards the boarder. She was nervous of meeting other canines, very nervous, but she knew that she had to face them eventually. Mustering up the most of her courage she drew a deep breath, and without thinking any further, she howled in a timid but clear voice that echoed off into the distance. She then stood obediently firm, despite the biting wind that whipped her snowy fur, as if awaiting a form of royalty to emerge from across the landscape, for what else could she do now?

Promising herself that she wouldn’t run away, no matter what creature came to greet her, she simply hoped that she had made the right decision.
[html]

WC:363 OOC: Oh the irony, I hope you don’t mind that I have lil eclipse come in, Libri is busy sleeping and she allowed me to pop in with Conor’s daughter <3

Eclipse was probably the last thing anyone from the outside calling for those who lived inside the pack boundries, but the little puppy, who was so full of life was bounding towards the noise. She was doing what her daddy did. She wanted to help him and be just like him when he grew up so here she was headed to the border to meet a new wolf. This excited the pup very much. She rarely got to meet anyone new, so when she came up to the borders she almost missed the wolf as she was still not very good at tracking the calls. The snow was still a bit high so she had to move through some of the tracks that had already been made by her pack mates, or she had to jump through the snow that was not touched, so it was hard to see everything, but when she noticed she was about to pass the newcomer by she stopped and headed in the direction she saw the wolf in.

Hi! I’m Eclipse, who’re you?!

She asked as she moved closer to the new female, she was now able to walk rather than hop like a bunny (though it was one of the most fun things ever).Yes she knew it was a girl… or that’s what she hoped, she had to have gotten that part of her scent right. The puppy wagged her tail, feeling proud of herself that she got to greet someone, and wondered what she was doing here, but instead of bombarding her with a million questions at once… for now, she would wait to hear what the ladies name was. She was getting antsy though, and seeing the look in the lady’s eyes made her wonder if she was afraid, she hoped not. There was nothing to be afraid of Eclipse… or even with her around. She had gotten so close to a monster and hadn’t got eaten so she was a brave wolf and there was no reason to be afraid, but she thought this, and it didn’t come out verbally, she was just waiting for the name to call this wolf by.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipfreeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eaf7f2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #28875f; }
.eclipfreeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#176745; text-align:right;}
.eclipfreeb1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipfreeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#90debe; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... torm01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #176745; padding: 185px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#176745; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.eclipfreeb1-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #cef7e6; margin:0 auto;}
.eclipfreeb1-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #28875f; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
OOC:: Aww, so cute. ^.^ Hehehe, I don't mind at all. =D

Velvet stood silently for a few moments, tiny flakes of snow building up on her muzzle as she nervously scanned for some kind of movement. It wasn't long until her honey glossed eyes spotted a small shape bounding through the snow towards her. Her body tensed up as soon as her eyes fell upon it, dropping her head and tail as if it would help her defend herself in some way. Before she had realised it, she found herself backing up several steps almost instinctively.

After a few moments, her mind automatically mistook the strange shape for a rabbit or another small creature, as it began almost zigzagging in the snow, as if unsure of where to go. However as it drew closer she realised the distinct shape of a small wolf.

Her body relaxed near instantly, and her ears pricked up in surprise. This was no fearsome monster that was going to chase her off or cause her harm, at least it didn't appear to be so. A tiny smile crept onto her face as she shook the snow from her fur, smiling more out of relief than any other emotion. She quickly found herself gazing into the face of a young puppy, cheerily indroducing themselves and questioning her for her name.

"Oh... It's nice to meet you, Eclipse." Her voice was quiet but curious, still retaining a small sense of nervousness, unsure of what to make of this small canine. She didn't want to give them the impression that she herself was intimidating, she knew what it felt like to meet a threatening individual at a young age. However, this was the first time that she had met another wolf and not felt straight-up fear, for the look in their eyes wasn't that of a harmful soul, it was innocent and kind. Perhaps she had been gravely mistaken about other canines.

"My name... is Velvet." She flattened out her ears once more and lowered herself to the pup's level, her chest now pressed against the powdery layer of snow around her paws. After all, this was still a pack wolf and held authority over her, regardless of age, and they didn't seem all that bad.
[html]

WC:212 OOC: Sorry for the short post ; ;

To her excitement the wolf was smiling, and this made the puppy happy. She must be happy to see her, her little tail wagged happily as the wolf spoke. She was glad that others could be happy around her. She got her question answered quickly too and this made her happy because she had so many questions, but she had to say something about the woman’s name, because it sounded really pretty.

I like your name, it’s a pwetty name!

She said nodding as though she knew all. Velvet then bent down as though she was playing and this made Eclipse even more happy. She never had any playmates before, but as she lowered herself to the ground she didn’t seem to be taking a playful position any longer. Eclipse tilted her head a little, and calmed down, slightly disappointed.

Whatcha doin’ here? I can hewp!

She said. Yes she liked being helpful. That’s why she was here, to help her daddy and now she would help Velvet though she didn’t know what the lady needed, she’d be happy to help anyway. It made the little girl a very happy puppy to be able to do these things and she was sure her mommy and daddy would be very proud of her.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipfreeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eaf7f2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #28875f; }
.eclipfreeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#176745; text-align:right;}
.eclipfreeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#90debe; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... torm01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #176745; padding: 185px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#176745; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.eclipfreeb1-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #28875f; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
OOC:: Oh, don't worry about it. It's fine. xD

Velvet watched the small puppy's tail as if it were a pendulum, entranced in the steady sway before her. She hadn't seen a tail move so quickly before, and it was strange to her, however her smile only increased. She watched as if daydreaming, loosely paying attention to reality for a few moments until the young puppy spoke again, commenting on her name.

"Thank you, so is yours." Her voice brightened, it had been a long time since someone was so nice to her. It was a feeling that made her forget about the concept of malevolent creatures, as if every experience she had was invalid. Indeed, she could barely think about anything except the small swishing tail, and the owner of it. however as it slowed slightly, she found herself being asked another question.

"What am I doing...?" She seemed to echo, lost for her own words. She had to pause to register this. What was she looking for? Her golden eyes drifted up for a moment, as if in search of an answer from the softly falling snow, scanning the heavens for a reasonable answer. The pre-spring snowflakes always did relax her, it made her feel a strange sense of warm and comfort, she felt at home. Yes, that was the answer. Her tail began to sway slowly, as she now knew what she wanted. "I suppose I'm looking for a home." She directed her gaze back at the small puppy sweetly, her voice was still quiet, but she was more confident than before. “Maybe you can help me.”

She stood herself up slowly, a small crater in the snow where she had rested her weight. Instead she sat herself down with her tail swaying lightly, dusting the snow that lay on the ground behind her. It seemed like the young pup didn't really understand her mild submission, or wasn't interested, so she simply sat.
[html]

WC:250 OOC: Sorry I’ll have Conor either post after you do or if she is too lazy she says Conor will OOC accept and we can fade to black, whichever comes to it. It’s up to Libri hehe, I’ll let her know now and should see results soon ^^

Eclipse was surprised at the lady’s answer. Someone so pretty as her didn’t have a home? She had never thought anyone didn’t have a home, and it made Eclipse feel sad that she didn’t have one, but she knew she could help and this brought on a very happy feeling. It was something she was use to but at this moment it was the most happy she felt, possibly because she could actually help with this particular problem, and thinking about being homeless and giving someone a home made her feel useful in a way.

You can live here! my daddy is a leader and he likes new people!

She said, happily giving the girl her thoughts on what should be done. This way Eclipse could play with Velvet, she was so nice already and with no home where would she go? Nowhere… that thought made Eclipse feel really bad for her, but her excitement that the lady could live here was elated over that sadness.

Come on! I can bwing you to him!

She said, and started bounding through the snow again, stopping shortly to see if the lady was coming or not. Her tail wagged as she waited to see the lady move and hoped she’d follow. In any case she would lead her to her daddy and then she can have a home. Eclipse would have definitely helped get Velvet a home and this brought a great deal of pride to the young puppies heart.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
Not lazy, just very busy this week ;_; Welcome Akiva, we're so happy to have you! Your writing is sooooo lovely to read btw <333 When I'm less swamped I will demand a thread! <3 WELCOME TO DAHLIA! -goes to title up-

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor.

[/html]
OOC:: Alright then, hehe. That’s fine by me. -^_^- and thank you. <3 (Just finish this off. xD)

"That's... very kind of you." Velvet's timid smile quickly morphed into a short burst of child-like giggles, watching the pup bound off through the snow in a comical manner. She found Eclipse to be adorably friendly, and was happy that fate had led her to meet such a kind soul like hers. Velvet hadn't felt the pleasure of happiness for a long, long time, but she was enjoying the unfamiliar feeling of wearing a smile on her face, and for the first time in her life she was actually excited to meet another canine.

But what if the others weren’t as kind as this young puppy? What if they found her strange or a viewed her as a burden? What if-- No. She wasn't going to think about the negatives this time, not now. She glanced towards the young wolf with polished golden eyes, admiring the confidence and joy that almost seemed to radiate from her. Velvet couldn't bare to let her down, not when she looked so excited to have made a new friend. What kind of cold-hearted soul would she be if she did?

After a few moments of thinking (or daydreaming, as it seemed), Velvet nodded, standing herself up obediently as she followed after the small puppy, who by now had taken off several feet in front of her, something that reminded Velvet of herself when she was a pup; bouncing around in the Alaskan snow as if she were as light as a feather, without a care in the world. It was a memory that she had long forgotten, until now.

With that thought in mind, Velvet allowed another small giggle to escape her as she playfully pranced after the young puppy, her tail held high and her confidence peaked. Now all she could do is wish that the other wolves would be as kind and as welcoming as Eclipse had been. She had finally found a place where she belonged, a place to call home.