Argul Seeking Shawchert...
Character Birthdate (including year): Age: 5
Birthdate: Jan 22, 2006
Species: 50% Eurasion Wolf (Canis Lupus Lupus) and 50% Sengalese Jackal (Canis aureus anthus)
Luperci Ortus
Preferred Ark Rank: Craftsman - Creator ? -> Leatherworking/crafting
A Secondary Form of Contact: AIM pliskinLD
Currently Played Characters: Argul Rakezael
How You Found 'Souls: Nuki Rakezael
Recruits by: Orin Takekuro
Initial Post:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IC

Orin Takekuro's image still burnt into his mind as he walked around Thornbury. He wanted to go back, but he knew he couldn't. He had to keep his distance, for now. Reminding himself the pay off would come, he had to be patient and go with the flow for now. Argul has never truly loved another, excluding the sibling love he had for his sister, but he was sure he was falling in love with Orin. That was his only way to approach it anyhow, he wasn't totally sure why he was attracted to her this much.

He tried to clear his mind. He had a somewhat decent description of Shawchert, leader of the pack. He needed to find him. He feared he would be too late. He knew something he did not tell Orin. If he did not make it to Shawchert before this other wolf, his chances of joining the pack would be nil and he would probably be in for a fight for his life. This only further confused him, why would he risk this? He was...no he is a loner wolf who was quite capable and fine with living in the wilderness. Why the change, now? Was his guard dropping from not living in End-World anymore? Was he actually in love? He did his best to keep these thoughts in check and focus on finding this Shawchert.
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 371 OOC: Shaw is not seeking Argul! Tongue

In Character

Shawchert was not a hard man to find, he could easily be found just outside his home or working on fixing up another place. The storm had ravaged the lands leaving a big mess behind. One that the large male had to keep working on. His mind was finally getting more people settled back in, though most had already. He had been about to finish up Orin’s house … what he had started earlier, to find that it was already done. Silently thanking whoever did it and hoping it wasn’t Orin herself, he went to the next house he needed working on. It was one of the few empty houses, that could easily be taken up for residence. He was working on filling in the gaps in the holes on the house.

His hammering could probably be heard from the whole village, but it mattered little, the sound had been all around them for some time now since the storm. He had been a very busy wolf to say the least, but it was good. He had a lot on his mind, and after coming home from a successful hunt for clothing he was in high spirits. He hummed a little tune as he worked thinking of the day he and Sky would finally be mated… or married for her sake in any case. Then his mind went from Sky to Orin… who would be having his pups any time soon. It would be awkward, but he was beginning to feel… it all might have been worth it. He was not leaving Orin on her own to take care of them. He’d been hunting for her, and sky, leaving little for himself to eat when all was said and done, so Shaw’s diet was taking a toll on the tall man, though he cared little as he was taking care of the two women that mattered most. He’d share all of his food if he could, with the whole pack, which normally he did, by putting it with the stores. His mind was going on one thing to the next but his rhythmic beating stayed the same as he worked his way across the wall, filling in small and large gaps.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
Spotting who he believed was Shawchert, he stopped off in the distance and silently watched, for a bit. He was watching at an angle from a side of a building so he could not be detected unless Shawchert suddenly decided to stand up and scout the entire area, and even then Argul would have time to retreat. He was taking in mental note after mental note, judging his strength, stamina, memorizing his looks, everything he could get in a short amount of time. After storing it away as a mental note, he began to approach. He made no secret of his approach but he also made no loud attentive approach. Once within a comfortable speaking distance, he slowed his pace and eventually stopped, not wanting to crowd a laboring wolf.

“Might you be Shawchert Menue? I would have a word with you, if that pleases you?” He motioned to the work Shaw was doing. He was polite and showed he would return if Shaw found himself too busy with the repairs. He was busy scanning the place, noting Shaw's home and the repairs needed on it.

He did not seem nervous, but was rather nonchalant the entire time. Politeness and respect almost seemed to ooze out of him. He approached Shawchert almost as if Shaw were a king. His mind, though, was keen and alert to details. Not only was he taking mental notes, he was judging Shaw's moves, and his tones when he spoke.
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 262 OOC: He’ll be better once he tells Shaw he was invited >.>; he’s a bit territorial heh

In Character

Shawchert was in deep thought so Argul didn’t even have to hide on him to not be noticed. His work was his whole being at that moment, ever nail that went into place, every move Shaw made to put the wood in place was like a little dance, so when he heard the other male speak he started a little, but he made sure to show little of it. Shaw was mid hammer when the man spoke and he looked at the loner, seeing the way the man moved, he was acting accordingly, though…

Who are you and why are you past the borders?

He had not had a chance to speak with Orin, so he thought the man was another intruder… one who’d stayed far too long in his lands. He rose to his full height, but kept his hammer in his hands, gripping it, but not over doing it. His expression was of one disappointed, but the anger he felt bubbling inside him was kept cool. He would give this man a chance to explain himself before Shaw chased him out. He didn’t have to say anything more at the moment for that’s all he needed to say. He was curious as to know how the man knew his name though, which helped abate the huge man’s anger but only a little. Was this man sent here by someone? If so why didn’t he stay by the borders and just call? This was beginning to seem like a day he was sure would possibly end very good or very bad…

<style>
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
The urge to say something witty or defensive was hard to suppress, he had to keep his end goals in mind and remind himself to take some hits on his pride until then. He let a noticeable sigh out at the question, though.

"Well if you beg my pardon. I am new to these territories. I was just traveling when i ran across this place." He made a motion to the town. "I had no intentions of intruding. But Orin of the library sent me to inquire joining the pack. She says you are an artful and creative pack and that with my talents I should make a good fit." He motioned to his leather harness and shoulder pads. "I am a leather crafter."

All the talking was not his style, though he was good at conveying the proper mannerisms and tones, he did not enjoy it one bit. He constantly had to remind himself that this all worked for his own end goals and he must deal with it for now.

He was also very noticeably not intimidated by Shaw's size alone. He made sure to portray that to show Shaw, the leader of the pack, that this wolf would not back down in time of need. All the packs that Argul knew would not accept a weak and feeble wolf. Some would even kill if you were too weak.

But there was another reason he was not intimidated. Argul was no ruffian or good fighter, by most accounts, but he considered those that relied purely on brute strength, size and muscle to actually have a disadvantage in a fight. They relied on something that did not always prove to win a fight. Instead Argul relied on critical thinking, wit and the ability to adapt to situations. He would not show Shaw these thoughts in fear it would irritate him more and provoke a fight and get kicked out of these lands. He had his goals and his mind was set on them, even if it hurt himself to do.
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 353 OOC: Rawr!

In Character

Shawchert relaxed a little when he mentioned Orin. Then he said something about joining the pack and he perked up slightly, his ears swiveled forwards as he listened to the ashy man speak. From his explanation he was a leather crafter and as such indicated his harness and shoulder pads which Shawchert looked at scrutinizing the work. It wasn’t half bad and Shaw seemed to approve of it. Shawchert was surprised that the one time he used his size to intimidate it seemed to make the other work against what Shaw was use to, but as he had been invited by Orin Shaw had no enmity towards the new wolf any longer.

I see. Your work would be well needed here in our pack. I can see good use in the leather. You might be able to work along side of Ouija who does most of our tanning.

He remembered that the painted male had complained about the pack not entirely working together as shawchert had mentioned to Addison, the young mans woman who was pregnant. So this was a good way to get Ouija the help he needed. Shawchert had always wanted to help and did what he could as he knew how to tan some himself, but he had other duties to attend to that left him with little time. He let the hammer down finally after noticing it still clutched in his hand. His thoughts had strayed only a little but he still was sizing the man up and seeing how much worth he was. He was not some mindless brute like many believed him. He was a leader and leaders made decisions based on the best of the pack, or else there would be no pack. After a little while he gave a slight smile.

Well then I must say, you are quite welcome in Cercatori D’ Arte.

He said finally nodding his head at him. He trusted Orin’s judgement, though not with Sky whom both still had some animosity. That was for a reason though and it was because of him, so he didn’t blame either of them.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

“ I am very grateful for your generosity and would like to accept immediately.” His voice was very humble and he put on a great show of respect, but as he began to finish the previous phrase his voice trailed off into a sad disappointing sound.

“Before that though, I fear there is a matter I must bring to your attention. Although I assume some facts, so forgive me if I am mistaking anything.” He strained a bit, and it was not an act. This was a critical moment that he wasn’t sure how it was going to pan out. He tried not to stop too long so that it was not a long drawn out story that would irritate Shaw.

“I have not told Orin this, but she mentioned Niro is her brother. My assumption is that this wolf resides in this pack as well?” He gave a slight pause for an answer but continued shortly after, he would let Shaw decide whether he wanted to answer there or listen to the entire story first.

“Well, as you already know, I was travelling. I stopped at a camp I found. A wolf approached me, stating he was Niro and did not take kindly to wanderers and loners taking to his camp site. I found myself in a predicament. I saw no wolf when I first approached the camp and did not mean to intrude. As I tried to explain and then decided it was no good, I went to leave. That’s when the bird attacked, as well as the wolf. The bird raked my back but I was able to fend off the wolf and flee with only minor injuries.”

He turned his back to Shaw and showed him small bird like talon scratches in his upper back. They were healed now but the fur had not grown in properly yet, making it unmistakable.

“If it be your wish to retreat your acceptance of me into your pack, I would understand and dismiss myself immediately.” He quietly awaited the answer and slowly turned back around, examining Shaw’s expressions.
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 323 OOC: We can go soooo many different awesome ways with this!! <3

In Character

Shawchert listened to Argul with rapt attention as he spoke of an encounter with Niro, he snorted, when the wolf hybrid mentioned he might reside in Cercatori, Hardly… but he did not answer. He kept quiet to let the man continue his words. The story did not see out of place for the big man as he had his own troubles with the grey boy and though heh had no troubles with the bird he could see it acting on his behalf.

“My apologies about what happened to you. I too have been subject to his anger, though I may have deserved it, it still gave him no right for such an outburst. However to attack you as it were… I’m rather appauled. If you want I can bring this up with the king in Cour des Miracles. We can see to it that justice is brought to you. If you want that is.”

Shawchert said he answered many things within these few sentences itself, and he was not too happy with the Niro wolf, and only tolerated his visits because of Orin. Even the newly forming scars on the man’s back made Shawchert’s blood boil, but he would stay calm in this situation and he shook his head when the man said he’d leave. It was not his fault this happened after all.

“Please do not go because of some over powered bird junky. He does not even reside here, and you were not in any means the antagonist here”

he said, he wasn’t sure he’d allow the Niro guy into his pack lands again and he’d probably tell Orin this soon. Niro was too much of a nuisance for Shaw, he’d had one too many unpleasant run-ins with the wolf. Now he’d possibly attack one of his newest members if they saw each other. An outrage that Shaw wouldn’t be able to hold back to protect them.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
Ooc: May not be the way you want to go, but I am holding back on the “action” for now Wink

He smiled gratefully for the concern and understanding that Shaw gave him. He still showed all proper respects and manner while in front of Shaw. He was inwardly happy and ecstatic though. Everything was falling together. The puzzle almost put itself together for him; all he had to do was stay with it. He made a slight bow to Shaw and spoke as he came back to look at him.

“If it pleases you, I will do as you ask. I have total confidence and faith in your decisions, for the pack. But if I may, I require no retribution for the incident. I come from a place where that attack would be considered self defense. I just wanted to inform you of the events. I was unsure if he was part of this pack, plus he is Orin’s brother.”

The last part drifted off a bit. Mentioning her name brought memories of her back to the fore front of his mind. He spoke her name fondly, yet sadly. He had not told her yet. But it didn’t matter, he was in the pack, the job was done. What he needed to do has taken place. Now he only had to follow through with the rest. And as he looked at Shaw, he knew he would have no problem continuing on. A smile finally appeared on his face. He looked around a bit then back to Shaw, smile never fading, though it was forced a bit. He, now, could not stop thinking about Orin and what was to come.

“Is there anything I can do to assist? I am not the best at home repairs, but I can work make shift shelters or any other tasks. Board up broken windows?”
OOC: only missing its table everything else is there will try to edit after work

Shawchert liked the man even more, though Shaw himself would have made it so the other wolf in question would pay for what he’d do, he would honor the man’s wish and wouldn’t go to the leader of the miracles pack. At the man’s offer for assistance Shawchert nodded at him.

“Of course I could use all the help I can get. I don’t have an extra hammer on me though but boarding up the windows would help quite a bit!”

Shaw said giving the man a smile in return, thankful for what help he could get. Maybe this man would be a good part of his pack. He held Orin at a high esteem and not because she was carrying his children, but because she was helpful to the pack and their history. It made Shaw proud that he had someone who could do all that in the pack. It was a relief for him to know his members were capable of so much. Now he had another member who was able to make leather items that could possibly be helpful towards his pack. He looked around for any spare objects he might have for the other man to use, but he had not expected anyone to help him with this project. So many problems had arisen in this pack that it was hard for everyone to help each other.

“I think there’s another hammer close, let me go get it.”

He lay his own hammer down and hurried to the old hardware store where most of the stuff he used for tools was now kept, for the whole pack to use, not just himself, and grabbed a spare hammer. It didn’t take him long to get back to where he left Argul.

“Sorry about that, here if you wanted to board up the windows it would do so much help.”

Shawchert said kindly handing the man the hammer. Then he picked up his own and started back on what he had been doing. Thinking of the diversity in his pack, and feeling very happy about it.

Smiling in return he waited politely. He watched the wolf walk away. His only comfort was what he would do to hurt this man, and he would not suspect him. It already seemed as if they were buddying up, and he planned to keep it that way. How appropriate, he thought, to have streaks of red fur, the color of blood, which will be in your future.

“Not a problem. I will get on that right away. I actually have some experience with that!” He smiled; he didn’t outright say he helped Orin. He wanted to see if the man could guess it. He wanted to judge how intelligent Shaw is.

He took the hammer, scouted the area to take in what type of supplies Shaw had for his repair. He promptly picked up some wood and nails and began to board up windows. His form was by no means perfect; he was unaccustomed to this style of repair. His work was not perfect either, but it was suitable and would work well. It served its purpose and was done adequately enough. What may have been the surprising piece to Argul’s work was that he worked fast and hardly stopped. An endurance trained body from a life of living in wilderness; on constant move and alertness. What also helped Argul along were his thoughts. He was able to go into a deep thought during manual labor, letting him ignore muscle aches and a lot of other interferences. He was still alert enough o hold conversations, but it made him work like a drone, continually laboring on.