Bloody and beaten soul.
OOc: Leon is in Optime form after his short fight with Itachi.
edit: oops, I forgot about the J in the description. ^^' Sorry. ><

He didn't know how long he had been walking. Everything around him looked the same, from the trees to the sky to the dirt. He wasn't even sure he was walking. He kept believing he was having a dream. But the throbbing in his sides and shoulder denied him that though. This was his reality. This was his body. This... thing. He looked at the tree to his left. He was easily over twice his original height. Shaking his head, he pushed on.

The Timber wandered slowly, clumsily, through the woods. He couldn't register where he was, but he registered the familiar scent that was in the air. He was back in the Eclipse, and close to Amata's home. He paused, leaning on a tree and bringing his new hands to his view. His right hand was coated in blood from his abdomen. The morph into the Optime form was painful, to put it simply. But his wound on his torso now seemed smaller, and had stopped bleeding as it originally was. It still bled, to be sure, but the flow was slower, and the wound was clotting.

Putting his right hand back to his wounded left side, and dropping his left hand limply to his side, Leon began walking once more. He wasn't sure why he came back. What good would he be for the pack now? How would they benefit from his presence now? They couldn't... He was simply a broken spirit in a bloody body. He was useless. These thoughts rampaged through his mind, but he continued on. He had walked out on Amata's invitation, and now came crawling back. With wounds none the less... What would she think? Would she recognize this stranger? His mind was tormenting him with these thoughts.

Suddenly, Leon noticed something. He was within Crimson dreams territory, and was alone. Stopping, he took a deep breath, and decided to announce his presence. He turned his head up and howled a signal. He kept his howl short, and kept his eyes closed when he looked down.

Then he felt off center, as if the earth was tilted. Leon's face contorted in confusion, just before he felt his knees give out on him, and he collapsed in a heap. His breaths came short, and his body burned, then suddenly went cold. He shivered and whined softly, biting his lips. His wounds seem to be on fire, making him twist and turn, and soon enough, the pain caused Leon to black out, his body still shivering every few seconds. His last thought was of his brother, Phoenix, swearing he heard the missing twin call him.
[html]

Hey! Big Grin This is a joining thread, yes? Just wanted to make sure since it didn't say ^^

Savina was walking the borders, stopping every so often to stare out past the line of the Crimson Dreams' territory to vainly see if she could catch some distant sight of her missing child. Each time though the only sight she was met with was that of the lonely winter landscape. Not even a bird or hare caught her green gaze. Heaving a sigh, the Consul would then continue on on her patrol of the lands, refreshing the scent markings wherever they had weakened. At least Artemis had finally awoken from her coma. One less thing for the mother to be worried over. Though her daughter's body had deteriorated drastically during her month of constant sleep and she was now regaining her strength and weight. Denali's absence was weighing heavily on her daughter and Savina wished she could take away that pain.

The Consul paused as a short, strange howl echoed through the still air, her triangular ears erect and alert. Something had seemed...wrong with the sound of the call and quickly her legs sprang into motion and carried her to the source of the call. It did not take her long to reach the unknown wolf, but by the time she did he was already crumpled on the ground and unconscious. Savina's hackles raised as she smelled the blood and saw the wounds that littered the strange male's body. Keen emeralds scanned the area, but saw no sign of whomever had attacked the man. The Marino let out a sharp call for one of her healer daughters and then stalked cautiously closer to the fallen male. "Sir? Sir, can you hear me?" She was concerned for him, but she knew better than to try to touch him.

<style type="text/css">
.savinaw b {font-weight:bold; color:#576B74; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.savinaw-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.savinaw p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.savinaw {margin:0 auto; width:487px; background-color:#B3AD99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... avinaw.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #78848C; padding: 10px 0px 255px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DDD9CC; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #828986; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Leon felt his head throb, along with his shoulder and sides. He blinked rapidly and groaned in pain. "Yes, I hear you..." He groaned, lifting himself slightly and shaking his head. Then he registered that someone was actually standing nearby. He took a deep breath, covering his wounded left side with his right paw, before he settled himself on his knees. Keeping his head bowed, he slowly, exhaled and spoke the best he could, his side making him twitch every once in a while.

Slowly looking up, Leon met the green eyes of a dark she wolf. He didn't recognize this wolf, but he understood well enough from her posture and the atmosphere that he was facing someone from Amata's pack. Someone, he assumed by her dominant posture, that was on of the heads of Crimson Dreams. She also made Leon's spine shiver in... Fear? It'd been too long since he last felt that, and the Timber studied the female a little more. Until his side throbbed painfully.

He clumsily lifted his left hand so it rested on his leg. Gnawing on his lip for a moment, Leon wondered how to approach this situation. "My name is Leon ven Liudesys. I apologize for my rude intrusion of your lands." He began slowly, eyes flickering to his battered body. He felt his eyes dull once more. Sighing, he spoke again. "I was actually hoping to find someone who can help with... this." He finished weakly, letting his right arm droop and expose his sliced abdomen.

Leon stared down at his side, before letting his eyes wander up his right arm to his shoulder, which had stopped bleeding long ago. His ear flicked in agitation. He had let himself be overtaken so easily. He should have come up with a plan before he attacked, and he knew it. His eyes returned to the female. "I know I am a stranger here... but I honestly don't know where else to turn. I don't want to burden you or your pack, and I will leave at your whim." He spoke evenly, refusing his pain. He slowly attempted to raise himself to his feet, to keep the female from pitying him. That was the last thing he wanted.

This was their home, and he was a stranger, worth no trust. If they kicked him out, he would manage somehow. Or die. Neither thought truly bothered the black Timber anymore. He had failed to uphold his honor, and his code. His thoughts dropped however when the slice on his abdomen throbbed and he quietly yelped, falling back to his knees, his head also falling, in shame.
[html]

300+

Honestly she had not expected a response from the badly injured man and so she started back a little when his voice responded to her question and he lifted himself up off the ground. Savina was not afraid of him, but she knew how one's instinctual need for survival flared up when one was hurt. He might lash out at her simply for getting too close to him. However as she watched him move slowly it seemed glaringly obvious that he was in no shape to attack anyone, even out of self defense. Whatever had happened had really done a number on him. The Consul was more nervous about what had hurt him than the stranger and her eyes kept darting around to see if someone or something was following. There still did not appear to be any other souls around and as she looked closer it seemed some of his wounds had already clotted up. Some time had passed since his injuries were inflicted and him coming here, though not too much.

He looked her over just as she examined him and a certain tension seemed to fill the air. That was no surprise though, considering he was an unknown injured wolf of her territory. Some may have tried to run him off immediately for his trespass, but Savina was willing to be more accommodating in such a situation. Soon the man was introducing himself and some of the stress in her shoulders began to ease. The Marino was a bit stunned, and waited quietly listening as he explained his situation. He offered to leave at her request and just as she was about to speak, he tried to stand but quickly was brought back to his knees due to the particularly nasty gash on his torso.

"I would stop moving if I were you, it'll only make it worse and you're draining whatever little strength you have left." It was clear that if he did not get attention soon he likely would not make it. "I've already called for one of my daughters to come, both of them are skilled in the healing arts. Just stay still until one of them arrives." Savina reclined back onto her haunches, hoping to show that she intended him no further harm. "Whoever did that to you, they didn't follow you, did they?" She needed to know if someone dangerous was on their way to her lands. "I am Savina Marino, the leader here in Crimson Dreams."

<style type="text/css">
.savinaw-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.savinaw {margin:0 auto; width:487px; background-color:#B3AD99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... avinaw.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #78848C; padding: 10px 0px 255px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DDD9CC; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #828986; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.amatastar {width: 375px; margin:auto; border: 4px solid white; background-color: #40130e; background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;}.amatastar p {margin-bottom:0px; font-family: georgia; font-size: 11.5px; line-height: 15px; color: #7F5454; text-align: justify;}.amatastar b {color:#8D3232;}</style>

WC:302
OOC: Big Grin Amata to the rescue!!

--------

Amata had been at the mansion when the call for a healer had come. She jumped up and hurried up the stairs where she grabbed her medicine bag. She had not been called specifically so therefore it was a possible emergency, she didn’t want to take any chances of being unprepared. She rushed out into snowand headed to where her mother called from. She wasn’t expecting what came up though. She saw the dark figure of her mother first, and then her bi colored eyes turned to the male… who was almost as equally dark, hunkered over. At first she didn’t recognize him at first, but as she got closer her heart leapt into her throught. It had been Leonard. The man she’d met only a few days ago. The one whom she offered to have join the pack but he either turned his back on her or was too afraid. She had a hard time recognizing him due to his form. But those details were of little consequence right now because he was badly injured.

“Mother, what happened?”

She didn’t wait for the woman’s answer. She got to her knees and looked at the exposed arm first, yes it was clotted but it was also dirty, she’d probably have to reopen the wound to clean it out, looking him over she needed to know what injuries he had before she moved him.

“Leonard, can you hear me, if so you need to show me where else you hurt, inside and outside ok?”

Yes she was acting like a doctor, but also a friend. If something inside him was off it would be bad to make him walk or even move him at that point, so the most important thing was to get a good idea of the man’s wounds.

By Manda
[/html]
Leon listened to the women speak and introduce herself as the leader of Crimson Dreams, and felt something nag at his mind for a minute. He responded immediately to her question, understanding her concern. "You don't need to worry about him following me. He was fairly certain I would be dead where I was, which is why I was able to make it here." He said, settling himself back on his knees again. "He walked away a couple hours before I was able to stand again. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance m'am" He bowed his head in greeting, holding as much a submissive posture as possible.

Leon clenched his left hand in aggravation. His anger wasn't towards Savina. It wasn't even towards the blond Optime. No, he felt angry at himself. Here he was, sitting wounded and weak before the leader of Crimson dreams. Just like every other important encounter in his life. He was weak.

He took another deep breath to relieve his anger at least a little. He focused instead on the sounds of the forest around him, waiting for the arrival of the healer. He looked up as he heard rushed foot steps, and stared at a familiar coat of white. His mind battled over whether or not this female was in fact Amata Sadira, whom he had met just a few days prior. He had only seen her Lupus form, but her eyes flashed with recognition, and he recognized the kind voice.

When Amata knelt next to him and examined his wounds, he shifted awkwardly, letting his wounded side show more. "Well," He began. "My shoulder was reopened. And I got a few cuts and bruises here and there. But my side is the only actual concern I have." He finished through gritted teeth, his side throbbing once more. He ignored mentioning the wounds on his legs, as they were minor, though in large quantity. The pain seemed to be lessening for now, but that didn't bring back Leon's confidence.

She sounded both friendly and strict, amusing the wounded Timber a bit. Looking down, the male mumbled, "I'm sorry. For running off, and for coming back in this condition." His ears drooped as he said this, and he spoke quietly, not sure if Savina would hear him or not. "Probably not the best impression." He joked halfheartedly.
[html]

You two can feel free to skip Savina a bit if you want, since I doubt she'll have much to add until Amata gets him patched up XD 300+

She was thankful that he quickly answered her question about his attacker, and the woman sighed in relief to learn that there was no reason to be worried about some crazed person descending on the Dreaming lands. That really was the very last thing that she and her pack needed right now. Not that she would have chased Leon off if his assailant were on their way, but it was just information that she needed to have. The situation he described sounded quite harrowing and seeing as he was taking at least momentary refuge in her home she was curious to know more and felt the current state of affairs gave her the right to ask. "Well, I am glad to hear he will not be on his way after you," she said, sending one last glance out past the borders. "What was the cause of this fight, and do you know who he was? It sounds like you were lucky to make it here." Savina had been in her own fights before and had also been lucky to make it home to help.

Something seemed to be eating Leon up inside, a sort of anger that the Marino felt she could identify with, however before she could ponder the emotions she was sensing more hurried footsteps came their way and her creamy daughter arrived. Amata cursorily asked her what had happened before she went and quickly knelt before the man. Her emerald eyes widened in surprise as her daughter spoke the wounded male's name. Amata knew him? Her motherly protective instincts flared up in her as Leon spoke quietly to Amata after he explained his injuries. Amata had already been hurt once by a loner male, and a small part of her wondered if this could be the same one. That didn't seem too likely, though it certainly was possible. Despite her suspicion and the cogs slowly turning in her head, Savina maintained her quiet composure and simply watched passively as her daughter worked to help Leon.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.amatastar {width: 375px; margin:auto; border: 4px solid white; background-color: #40130e; background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;}.amatastar p {margin-bottom:0px; font-family: georgia; font-size: 11.5px; line-height: 15px; color: #7F5454; text-align: justify;}.amatastar b {color:#8D3232;}</style>

WC:261
OOC: We don’t have to do the whole thing just the patch up job and junk and do the rest ooc :3

--------

She listened as she shifted through her pack to see what she would need. His shoulder reopened so she’d need her needle and thread she would need a few patches of gauze for his legs where they were more wounded. As well as some ointment to keep them from getting infected. She remained quiet even after his apology. She could hardly forgive him for running off, but he was here now and he was still her friend, so she would remain with an open mind. Her fingers worked through the thread to get it started before looking at him.

“I’m going to have to clean your shoulder wound and close it again. I’m afraid I have no pain medication so you will have to bare with me.”

She said, stealing a glance at her mother. Savina had her protective look on her face and Amata couldn’t help but hope she didn’t get over protective like she normally did. She didn’t know what was going through her mothers head, she never did. That was Impossible, but she knew her mother loved her children more than her own life, so Amata knew she was capable of anything. She turned back to Leon after a second, taking a bottle of water and waiting for him to answer her. She’d get some of the gauze wet when he did, she knew his wounds were not entirely life threatening, but she was sure they had to hurt something fierce. She wanted to get his shoulder patched up first and then possibly move him for more examination.

By Manda
[/html]
Leon looked into Savina's eyes, then dropped his own back to the ground. He wasn't sure if they would understand his reason for attacking other wolf, but it was the truth of the matter. With a sigh, he spoke hesitantly. "In order to follow a code of honor my previous pack established, I must 'protect the weak', and also 'prevent the unnecessary torment of other creatures.'" He paused and considered himself again, then continued. "I was wandering in the wastes, following what I thought was my brothers trail, and I heard a quiet shriek. At first I figured it was a kill, but I heard another shriek of... Terror. I ran to the source and found a young Luperci in Optime form slicing a guinea pigs skin open with his claws. I just did what I felt I had to. And still, the guinea pig died, and I walked away in this state." He finished, his eyes now staring at a nearby tree. He felt both foolish and weak after failing to protect even a rodent from torture.

When Amata stated she would have to re-open his shoulder, he hesitated. He remembered his reaction to that happening in his fight, and didn't want to have a similar reaction towards her. Taking a steadying breath, Leon answered. "Alright, I can do that." He straightened and relaxed his right arm, and put his left hand on his knee. He watched the now threaded needle, wondering how long it would take him to learn to tie knots.

WC:456
OOC:Well i made an excuse in any case she’ll finish up patching in her next post.

--------

Amata listened to him as she prepared her utensils and her heart went out to him. She knew exactly how he felt and thought that she would have been the only wolf to care about such things, as most of the time such things tended to be food. She said nothing though, but knew her heart went out to that poo guinea pig. She could see he was uneasy about her statement, who wouldn’t? So she made sure to work gingerly. She moved tentatively next to him, and started cleaning his wound. No doubt it would hurt so she gave some leeway for him to move... but only some. She could only work with so much movement. The cleaning took a little bit as there was dried blood caked on his shoulder from the wound, but at least it had clotted well enough. Once she got down to the flesh, it was easy from there. Since it had clotted so quickly there was little dirt in the wound and she didn’t have to scrub it... thank goodness on both of their parts. She then took the needle and looked over to Leon.

Ok... this will hurt, you can either look at or look away, whichever makes you feel comfortable. This will ensure your shoulder does not reopen... at least until you have another fight.

She said with a sly grin. She knew that some wolves had to either look away or watch the process. She was one that had to watch. She hated not knowing when the needle will come again. She started sewing the flesh together. Her hands moving deftly and professionally as she worked, once she was on the last stitch she cut it, making sure that it wouldn’t slip out by making a tiny knot. something she had to practice on many many times. Then she came to his side, in which he said he was concerned. She should have checked it first, for it was quite obvious a deep cut. Amata couldn’t help but feel for the man, and wonder how the heck this could have happened and how she managed to miss this. She was normally in tune with wolve’s injuries. She stopped cursing herself though, he was still standing and it had to be his dark coloration that got her off guard. She started working on cleaning his side which became much more... tedious as it was a deep wound. To keep his mind off the pain she started speaking

I’m sorry that you were not able to save the guinea pig. You did do the right thing. We are wolves and wolves should only kill for necessity not something like that.

By Manda
[/html]
As Amata cleaned his shoulder, Leon sighed in relief. He had retained his sanity. As she cleaned it, he merely watched carefully. The dexterity she had with her hands amazed Leon, who looked down to his own right hand, which he curled into a fist, then uncurled and curled them separately, his fingers awkwardly twitching and uncurling at random. He glared down at his hand, feeling like a pup again. 'Its like learning to walk again.' He thought, closing his hand into a shaky fist again. He relaxed his hand and lowered it to his side once more, turning to Amata as she pulled up the needle.

"Well, I've been cut, bruised, beaten, and chewed. And I think I'm more worried about that needle." He chuckled, flinching when his side flared up. With a soft breath out, he watched her sew his flesh together, wondering if the scar would remain as noticeable. When she finished and cut the string, Leon slowly raised his arm, carefully testing his flexibility. It didn't seem like it would prevent him from Moving as he pleased.

When Amata began cleaning the wound on his left side, Leon felt a jolt go through his body, forcing him to look straight ahead, his breath catching. As his breathing returned to normal, Leon allowed his body to relax again. He could feel what was left of his strength seeping away every second. Or it could be blood, but he didn't know. He focused on the womens face as she spoke, watching her different colored eyes again. They made the male curious, as he never found out how that trait arose in wolves. He had seen it only a few times while living with his family, but it always amazed him.

As he thought again of the guinea pig that had died, he remembered the red eyes and strange cloak the other wolf had, blazing it into his memory. His ears perked when she mentioned that he had done the right thing. He was ready for the two wolves to criticize him for his morals, but was pleasantly surprised by her statement. With a smile, he closed his eyes. "Thank you Amata. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks so." He said, his voice sincerely grateful. "I'm just sorry that I ended up failing either way." He opened his eyes and looked at his wound on his side.

WC:222
OOC: Big Grin

--------

She worked diligently, listening to him, knowing she was causing him a little more pain, but she reminded herself that this pain would ultimately heal him so he had none left. whoever caused these would want him to be in pain. In immense pain. Her mother was being oddly quiet, which scared Amata a little she hoped that she would accept him as a member, that was, if he didn’t run off the second she patched him up.

“Sometimes just trying is all that’s needed to help a poor soul.”

Amata said as she started stitching up his side. He was being so brave, she knew she would be writhing if it was her, then again she didn’t think she would be conscious after an attack like that. She felt bad that the guinea pid died, but he did try to save it. It wasn’t as though he turned his back on the poor thing.

“Did you just come here to get a patch up job then?”

Amata asked, swallowing hard. She had to ask this question. She liked the man, but if he were to leave there was no use getting an attached friendship to him, she’d probably never see him again. She kept her eyes on her project nearing its own completion.

By Manda
[/html]
When Amata questioned if he only returned for a patch job, Leon felt his ears droop in shame, and kept quiet for a a bit. He knew that she would be upset with him for running off, though he was not sure how deep it ran just yet. From her tone, he thought she was expecting the same thing again. As Amata finished up with his side, Leon responded quietly. "Actually Amata... I was hoping you would allow me to take you up on your offer." He said slowly, giving her time to tell him to leave. "I feel terrible for running off without explanation, and I do apologize deeply, from my heart Amata. I let my mind be fooled by a stupid suspicion, and ran off to follow a non existent trail."

Leon sat there, waiting for a response from the women who had offered him a new home. Who had deliberately went out of her way for him, someone who had simply stumbled into her life. He owed her his life, and then some. So he was willingly to give her the chance to send him away if thats what she wanted. He offered her a awkward grin, to try

WC:181 :|
OOC: I couldn’t think of what else to write XD

--------

Leonard’s answer was different from what she expected. She looked at him a little struck. So he really did want to join? Inside she was a little skeptical, but she told herself, two strikes and he’s out, maybe he really wasn’t sure at the time? She didn’t know. Now he did want to join. She looked at him then at her mother.

“I do think you would make a good addition to the pack. That is if mother is ok with it.”

She said, she was sure that her mom would approve. How could she not? Though he was injured he would be a good asset to have, he looked like he could hunt, and help around if possible, and he had not tried ot hurt anyone, but it was up to her mother to decide. Amata turned back almost forgetting she wasn’t entirely done with the stitching and finished, though she didn’t hurry, because she knew a hurried job ended up in plenty of messes and with stuff like this, it would end extremely badly.

By Manda
[/html]
[html]

Alrighty! Will get you retitled and changed from a regular wolf to luperci icon Big Grin 300+

Savina could not help but to be suspicious of the man know that it was clear that he had a preexisting relationship with her daughter. Amata had been hurt not long ago and now that she was home, the Marino wanted to make sure that any other men who took an interest in her were up to snuff. Perhaps she was jumping to conclusions and it was just simple friendship between them, yet still her eyes gazed critically upon Leon. His answer to her question though did speak in favor of his person, and her emeralds softened a bit. It was horrible to hear of the torment of some small creature and such actions were inexcusable. She likely would have done the same thing in his place. There were some twisted individuals in these lands, and she had known this for a long time now.

When Amata began to treat his wounds and sew his skin up the Consul averted her eyes, only glancing back now and then. She didn't have a particularly weak stomach, but certainly did not enjoy such sights either. She had needed to be stitched up a bit after her encounter with the bear and knew how unpleasant the process was, and Leon had much worse wounds than she had had then. She listened quietly to the words that passed between the two. There was nothing that seemed too important until the mention of a previous offer was made. The woman's eyes returned fully to the younger wolves, a question on her face. Before she had a chance to ask though, it became apparent that her daughter had offered this male the chance to join their pack.

The Marino matron stood back up and walked slowly closer to Leon, looking him over once more. After some moments of silence, she spoke. "I trust my daughter's judgment, and you seem to have a good head and sense of morals about you. So, welcome to Crimson Dreams." She offered a small smile. "Once Amata is done we'll get you back to the mansion where you can get some much needed rest." He would need sleep and warmth to recover from this trial.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Leon saw skepticism in Amata's green and blue eyes when she looked at him, and when she looked away, the timber dropped his gaze to the forest floor, knowing he earned the look. He sighed, clearing his face of the emotions he felt, and looked up as Savina approached the two.

As she looked him over, Leon flinched under her critical eye. She had a strong aura about her, that showed confidence, and strength. The silence made him grow a little anxious. And when she spoke, Leon felt his body relax and he smiled in return, grateful for the older womans acceptance.

"Thank you Lyderis Marino. I am grateful beyond words for this." He said, deciding that a short thank you was better than being lengthy. "I feel odd asking, but what is a 'mansion'?" He queried, fidgeting his right hand as he took interest in a nearby tree.