Joining
Character Name:Shiloh Grant
Character Birthdate (including year):15 months (17 years)
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: Grey wolf
Currently played characters: Shiloh
How you found 'Souls:other rp sites
Initial post: Shiloh had been walking for days, her need for shelter and food pushing her to the edge. She was walking though a dark desolute town, the buildings dilapitated and broken. Most had broken out windows and as Shiloh walked past she felt more alone then ever. Her normally grey fur had become black from the grime that clung to her, her silver eyes blood shot from no rest. She thought she would never find salvation when she came across a barbed wire fence, the sharp scents of a pack floating in her direction from the constant wind
She looked around and found a sign that said ANIWAYA PACK TERRITORY! She knew the rules about packs and knew that she would have to wait to ever think about going into the territory. She had been attacked for making the mistakes she could a few years ago, her physical scars healed but the mental ones left a major make on her. She could hear water and her thirst grew worse. She collapsed outside pack territories and waited...
[html]

Hello! Welcome to 'Souls! Big Grin Did you have a profession path in mind for Shiloh? Also, there wouldn't be a sign marking the territory, just the fence and the scent markings ^^

The Gadui Kanati sat easily on the stallion's back as they cantered around the edge of AniWaya's territory. Things were slowly improving in the tribe, but the large improvements still had to wait until spring came and the ground cleared of snow. No huts could be safely and sturdily rebuilt until they could actually build on the ground. The Town Hall was slightly crowded and honestly the man was growing sick of having to live in the same building as so many other members of the tribe. He and Liliana had only been mates for a short time before the storm hit. This time should be their own to start their lives together and now they barely got any privacy whatsoever. Nayati's nerves were worn close to the surface these days and it did not take much for him to become irritated and foul tempered. He needed a break, some time away, just him and Lili. A plan was beginning to formulate, but it would have to wait a little longer yet.

His keen hunter's nose picked up on the scent of an unknown wolf and soon he spotted the collapsed form outside of the fenced line of the borders. Concern etched itself on his strong face and he signaled Iye to a halt and he got down from the horse's back. Nayati ducked under the fence and cautiously approached the malnourished woman. "Miss? Miss can you hear me? Are you alright?" The last question was slightly stupid, as she clearly was not alright, but it was simple instinct to ask it.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatihb b {font-weight:bold; color:#A8BFCE; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #4D6A77; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatihb-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.nayatihb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayatihb {margin:0 auto; width:469px; background-color:#4D7891; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... yatihb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #CFE7F4; padding: 203px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#214963; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.nayatihb-line1 {width:409px; border-bottom:1px dotted #355668; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Shiloh felt the hands of someone touching her, his voice coming in and out as she regained conscious. She looked at the male in front of her and smiled. "Are...you..here to save me?" she whispered softly touching his face as she tried to stay conscious long enough to get some water. She laid her ears back in submission as he touched one of her scars. "I just need somewhere to stay. Ill help the pack build and Ill... do want ever you want. Just...dont let me die out here." she croaked before passing out again...
(She knows how to build buildings well and have some small powers over fire. She could be the pack builder)
[html]

You might be interested in the Gatlvska rank then? You can check website if you want to look further Smile This post of yours was a little short, we try to aim for at least 200 words a post. If you're having trouble thinking how to make it longer, you can describe the scenery or what Shiloh's thinking and feeling. The RP Guide has a good little section on post length ^^ Also, be careful not to describe other character's actions unless they've been stated in the post by their player. I didn't say Nayati was touching Shiloh, so your response had a little bit of powerplay. Just something to keep an eye on! Big Grin I am going to have Nayati put her on his horse though so they can move from the borders, if you want me to change that though please do let me know!

The woman appeared to be in very desperate shape and Nayati was nothing of a healer. He knew very simple, basic sorts of first aid, but nothing extensive and surely not anything that would really help this unknown female. The smile she gave him was a good sign at least, and her words were coherent even if they were strained. Her hand reached for his face and instinctively the man pulled his head back. Nayati was not one for physical contact with those he was not close with and that sort of touch was far too familiar for his liking. The only woman who should be gently laying her hands on his face was his mother, his sister, and his mate and this woman was none of of those. He did not become angry though, simply avoiding her seeking hand.

"I am not a healer, though I can take you to one." At least he hoped that Dawali would be able to help the woman with his broken leg. The hunter knew that the injury hindered the Kalona greatly. She spoke more and her words were desperate and so the truth of her pledges could not be completely relied upon in this moment, but one thing was for certain though, "I will not let you die." Though whether or not she heard him before she slipped into unconsciousness again he did not know. He knew he had to pick her up and move her, even though he felt awkward about it, so his strong arms picked up her fragile from and carefully laid her over Iye's back. Nayati then began to lead the stallion slowly in the direction of the village and the Town Hall.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatihb b {font-weight:bold; color:#A8BFCE; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #4D6A77; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatihb-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.nayatihb {margin:0 auto; width:469px; background-color:#4D7891; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... yatihb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #CFE7F4; padding: 203px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#214963; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.nayatihb-line1 {width:409px; border-bottom:1px dotted #355668; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
(Thank you for telling me. I will try harder to write more. I am still getting used to this)(I am not sure if this is long enough but i have 1433 Characters)
Shiloh woke to the feeling of something moving and opened her eyes slowly to a soft fur of some sort. She was on the back of a light brown mare, the man who had found her riding in front of her. Her first though was that she was saved, that he heard her and her second was where were they going. She felt a soft breeze ruffle though her fur and she welcomed the cool feeling. The terrain was rugged but in the distance she saw bright flowers, their fragrance coming to her on the wind. She felt like she could trust the man who had found her and wondered what his name was. He looked like the strong silent type, his white fur gleaming in the sun, the feathers accenting him beautifully. She wished she could see his face but was starting to grow tired again.
Though out the whole ride Shiloh went in and out of consciousness and by the time they made it to the town she was too tired to even try to move as the man walked her though the middle of the town. She tried to take in her surroundings, the pack of this strange land but her vision started to grow black and cloudy, blurring as they continued to move though the town. She smiled softly when they stopped and only had enough strength to look at the man who had saved her one more time, croaking her thanks before passing out.
[html]

This is much better! Big Grin You wrote 249 words this time. You can use this site to count the words that you have written instead of just the characters Smile Also, I'm going to go ahead and get you accepted even though we're not finished yet. I'll PM Marit (Dawali's player) and see if she can either jump in to have him heal Shiloh or just have that OOCly be assumed. I'm going to be scarce for the next few days and then absent for a week, so I might not be able to reply to this thread again for a bit, but you'll be able to start other threads ^^

It was a little unnerving, having the unknown woman's body resting against his back as they rode towards the village. Of course his intentions were purely innocent and he only wished to get the female to Dawali for help, but if one of his fellow tribesmembers saw him it could easily be seen as inappropriate and construed in the wrong way. What if Liliana saw him with some unconscious woman behind him on his horse? He had had his own jealous outburst just a few days back and it would certainly be embarrassing to be caught by his mate in this position that could easily been viewed as compromising to his loyalty. Nayati hoped that Liliana would not think that he would ever be unfaithful to her, for that had not been his assumption when he had found her with the loner male. His anger had been purely targeted at the man, not at his mate. Regardless, the Gadui Kanati just wanted to get her to the village so she could get help and he could be out of this awkward situation.

Once they reached the Town Hall, Nayati dismounted and carefully gathered the ill woman up in his arms, carrying towards the entrance of the hall. She made some noise that might have been some sort of thanks, but he could not be certain, and she was once again asleep. Pale blue gaze looked forward and hoped dearly that the Kalona was in the Town Hall and able to help. "Dawali?" he called out. "I found a woman at the borders, she needs help." The man waited with baited breath for a response.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hi there! Welcome Smile Since Erin is away I'll hop into the thread and take over for a bit, Dawali is the pack's Master medic so he can heal her Smile

Erin: I had to powerplay Nayati simply entering the building and placing her on the bed just to make it fit naturally, I hope that's okay with you? Smile

Dawali rose— well, not so much rose as "managed to hobble himself up" from his tall seat as he heard Nayati outside. "Yes?" he said in response, and Nayati was not waiting for that either, already explaining his coming there. Quickly moving towards the entrance of the Town Hall, Dawali responded immediately. "Get her in here - what's wrong with her?" He'd found her at the borders? So many new faces had come recently, and Nayati or Liliana had often greeted them. The Chief didn't get to know them as he would have before, and he itched to have his leg heal quicker and better.

Once Nayati entered, the Chief was by the shelves where he stored the medical supplies, and he glanced at the unconscious female and motioned for the Master Hunter to place her on his makeshift bed, a pile of blankets in one corner of the building. Trained eyes inspected her but found few indications of what exactly was wrong with her, other than the quite obvious fatigue. Quickly grabbing a few blankets, water and a kettle he had salvaged to make tea in, the Chief prepared his things for his patient. With skilled movements he poured water into the kettle and spread leaves from dried herbs in it, a pinch of this and that, before placing it on the in-door hearth and approaching the female.

She seemed to be mostly worn out. His movements were stiff and sore from his broken leg and inactivity but he managed to somehow sit next to her, lifting her head up and dripping water into her mouth, ever so slowly. Hopefully getting water into her would wake her, and when she did there was food waiting. Dried fish - it was not much but it would help her. The tea he was making could wake her further, if she was having trouble. Taking his time, the Chief continued to feed the female water, slowly, waiting for a response. "You're quite the luckyone" he mumbled to her, absent-mindedly and shaking his head, glancing very briefly at Nayati. If she only knew how lucky she was; there were those around these parts that would not have saved her, but left her to die alone.

[/html]
Shiloh woke to the soft drip of water down her throat. She was parched and every little drop made her lean closer and closer to the source until she opened her eyes and looked at the spoon she was drinking from. She coughed a little before reaching shakily for the spoon and drinking the rest of the cool liquid. It was then she noticed she was being held up by someone. She looked over at the person helping her and gave a weak thanks, her eyes conveying her hurt and need, her ears laid back in submission. She looked away, her hands shaking way to hard for her to hold on to the spoon. She dropped it and watched it fall to the ground. She reached for it muttering her apologizes, her face showing her worry.
"Am I safe now?" she whispered looking at the male closest to her. He was tall with russet and black fur, some of his fur was braided like the man who had found her. He had soft golden yellow eyes that seemed to hold care and understanding. He had a broken leg, that was obviously paining him. She looked at the hut they were in and noticed it was that of a chief. She was on a pile of furs and blankets that were in between two what not shelves that were skillfully crafted with leaves and vines etched into it. Each groove had a jar or bottle that was labeled with the contents of what was in it. Beyond that there was a elaborate wooden chair that faced the opening flap. There were spears and bows and arrows on the walls and feathers that seemed to be on everyone she had come across so far. The floor was that of packed dirt and hay and was covered in paw prints of those that had come gone from the hut. Shiloh felt safe and protected where she was and didn't want to leave.
"Can I stay?" she ask quietly
[html]

Great! For clarification, the building they are in is called the Town Hall, it's a crude, square building, and not the Chief's hut. He lives there for the moment because a storm knocked over his hut. The shelves and inside of the hall are also quite crude, because they were created when the pack had no craftsmen, so they are sort of "home-made" in style. You might want to edit that!

I would like another round of posts between us to clarify her request In Character, but you are officially a member now, and can make new threads etc. Smile

She awoke, finally, as he continued to feed her water. A feeble hand rose to take the spoon from him and he let her, moving to fetch the pieces of fish he had brought, to hand it to her. The spoon fell to the ground and she motioned for it apologetically, but Dawali didn't pay it much heed. Handing the female the dried fish, he nodded slowly to her first question. This building was indeed one of the safer places around these parts, but safety was relative. However, AniWaya had few enemies, and most saw them as no threat. The female was certainly safe here.

She appeared to wake more and more and looked around. Pleased with her waking up, Dawali handed her his leather water pouch for her to drink from. Hopefully she was able to hold it on her own. It seemed to him that she would recover nicely once this initial fatigue was overcome. His thoughts stopped churning the questions regarding why she was here, however, when she asked him if she could stay. Slightly surprised, the male studied her for a moment. It was a rather straightforward question, and he wondered how she justified asking it. Perhaps desperation had driven her thus far; it was a powerful force, and Dawali knew nothing about her history. "I know nothing of you." he said, bluntly. His deep voice was hushed and kind, but there was little doubt that he held authority in the tribe. "Tell me your name. How can you repay us for letting you stay? What skills can we benefit from, by having you here?" It was direct and perhaps cold to ask such questions after having saved her life in this manner, but he could not afford any pair of hands right now who could not aid their recovery from the recent crisis. The death of Theodoric still stung in his heart when he thought of it, and if he was to succeed in his mission to build stronger and better huts for everyone, to endure any storm, he would need handy members, and not members that required time and nurturing before they became useful to the tribe.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

Shiloh took the water bag from him gently, her hands shaking slightly as she pulled the stopper out of it to drink from it. She slowly brought the bag to her muzzle and drunk deeply, the cool water helping with the hunger that had all but consumed her. She ate the dried fish greedily, the cramping in her stomach lessoning as she was handed more. After she had eatten what she could with out being sick she answered the males questions

"My name is Shiloh Grant and I came across this pack while traveling away from my home lands. I am the only one from my family left alive. They were lost to a fire that consumed everything. I have been my own for 2 months and was never really taught to hunt. My father was a craftsmen and taught my the trade earily on. I know how to make builings that last and knap flint when I can get some to make fire. I also have a knack for making totems for people. I'll work for my lodging and pay you back for saving my life by building whatever you need done. Please let me stay." she said softly looking down as he stared at her. She was feeling uneasy around this male and started to rub her totem animal that resided on her wrist. It was all she had left of her family and as she rubbed it her mind went back on the day she carved it.

"Look Da! I carved this. Its a fox!" Shiloh yelled running up to her father. "Its beatiful. You know that a carver has a special totem that comes to them and guides them towards the path they are suppose to be on. When in doubt follow a fox and you will never be lost." he said as her hugged her the memory making her cry.