[html]
1. Character Name: Misery D'Angelo

2. Character Birthdate (including year): Oct 31 2001

3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

4. Species: Northern Rocky Mountain Wolf

5. Gender: Female

6. Currently played characters: None

Word Count → 336 :: early evening

God had called her. She had not wanted to walk away from Larkspur, but it was a necessity. When Tak's dark voice called, she fell apart until she answered him. Faith demanded obedience. Even if she had done something incredibly rare among her family - turning from cursed black to blessed white, she still served him. The moon called to her in a way the sun never had, and never would. Misery walked in darkness. It was in the dark that she approached the borders of Anathema, the blessed cool of the setting sun making travel on her weary body easier. The sleek black cane in her hand helped as well, but she hated the heat of the day.

New life had sprung from Larkspur. Her boy, her beloved boy. So powerful and strong, how she loved him. He's a beast. A brute. Damian, oh Damian, he was with her still. A crooked grin crossed her snowy face, and she just snorted quietly, her words slipping out, sweet and husky. "You just envy his life and youth. He's a Father now. You just don't like that he's with Salvaged's girl." Monster. "Yes, yes he is." Conversations with ghosts came easy, and the one with the voice that she would always carry was the easiest of all. Misery loved him still. From their brief meeting, Misery had come to like Eris. She was smart and strong - Larkspur needed those things. He was a lovely boy, but he needed a firm hand to guide and shape him. Misery would not always be around, and Eris could continue the line. Eris could love him in a way Misery never would. Maybe the dark furred girl would come to love her nephew, Misery hoped so. Love was salvation. You seem pretty damned to me. Misery laughed at that, her smile growing wider as she walked along "Only because I can't let you go, my Crimson King." And with that he fell silent, and Misery continued her hunt along the border.

<style>
.mis-text {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MJ5Ky.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:95%; background-color:#2F2F2F; color:#6f6f6f; text-align:justify;}
.mis-text .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.mis-text .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.mis-text .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.mis-text p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mis-text b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em; color:#C7FF00;}
.mis-text i {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFAFAF;}
.mis-text u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

omg sal is here too Big Grin

The two wolves moved through the forest on four legs, one tracking while the other trailed behind. He was much larger than the puppy, who was just starting to grow into her large paws. Salvia had been eager to try her hunting skills, and though it was still early for him to take her hunting, he had wanted to keep the children distracted from the horrors of Harlowe’s death. Even now he felt rage build up in his chest at the thought, furious the boy had even dared to approach his children.

Salvia snorted at a peculiar scent, turning to her father. Daddy, someone else is here. Her eyes, the same vivacious green of her mother’s, were remarkably intelligent for such a young girl. She had shown problem-solving early on, but likewise exhibited the same feral instincts her father so boldly displayed. The pup was often bossing her siblings around, usually roughly, and today had shown him she was capable of tracking. They had followed a squirrel across the packlands and towards the borders, which was when the unfamiliar scent had stopped them.

Yet it was no stranger that he found. His large body went rigid as trepidation filled him. Was she truly here? Was she still alive? Salvia, unsettled by her father’s body language, folded her ears back and retreated behind his tall legs. “Misery?” Larkspur called out, looking for her pale fur in against the slowly darkening forest.

<style>
.lark-symbol {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OeIuZ.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; }
.lark-symbol .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.lark-symbol .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.lark-symbol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.lark-symbol p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.lark-symbol b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.lark-symbol u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

-cuddles sal-

Larkspur's voice called to her. He was there. He had done all she had said, all she had expected and more. Her gold-green eyes peered eagerly out and she walked towards the sound of his voice, her bright eyes taking him in before looking down at the girl. Kill it. He won't stop you. Damian's words were sweet and darkly promising, and her expression remained unchanged. Would Larkspur stop her? She was unsure. She could claim the tiny beast was damned, evil, perhaps she could even talk Larkspur into sending the little devil to the pyre. But Misery drew in a careful breath, and she let out a slow sigh. What are you waiting for? Hands around the throat, shake her. Bash her fucking skull in. Its easy. It was easy. She had done it before. Little Rune, the poor, sad boy who had simply looked too much like his father. But the hiding girl was just that - a girl. A little girl couldn't grab unto her with hateful hands and hurt her. Meth did. But this wasn't Meth. This little girl had no milky, hateful blue eyes. This little girl wasn't made and evil. She was just Larkspur's girl.

"Oh, Larkspur," Misery's voice was warm and nearly overflowing with pride. "She's beautiful. You've done well." Misery's eyes couldn't quite pull away from the tiny girl. So very young. She could remember when Poe was that age. When the other girls were. Lately she had thought a lot about Poe and the old days. But those were so long ago. She missed her daughter and her ghostly son. She missed Ahren and she missed Damian. "I bet you don't know who I am, do you?" Lowering herself to one knee wasn't easy, her leg had never healed properly after Meth's attack. "I bet you know who Rah'khir is though. She's your Goddess, little one." Soft, quiet words, one thin hand reaching out to try and pat the hiding puppy.

[/html]
[html]

SILLY PUPPIES

For several long moments there was silence. Then she appeared like a ghost in the fog, her frail form pale yet oddly strong. He had always thought of her as strong, though not physically. Magic was a power that Larkspur understood and respected. After having seen the eye of Tak, how could he not?

Her voice sang to him of praise and his heart swelled. She had seen what he had done and knew. Of course she knew. His eyes turned a glassy orange, moving to the side so that Salvia could be seen better. The girl, frightened by the appearance of the stranger, growled at the approaching hand—until the spoke the name of the god. Both eyes widened. She accepted the touch readily then, advancing nervously as her father practically beamed from behind the small timber-colored wolf. You know about Rah’khir? she asked, then gasped loudly, folding her ears back in a panic. A-a-a-are you Ankh? It was not her time, but Salvia did not know the way or the powers of gods.

<style>
.lark-symbol {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OeIuZ.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; }
.lark-symbol .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.lark-symbol .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.lark-symbol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.lark-symbol b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.lark-symbol u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

hover for translation!

It would have been a lie to say she wasn't pleased. Misery ran a gentle hand over the girl's fragile skull, her other hand clutching her sleek black cane to keep her up. The girl knew her Gods. Larkspur was a good, faithful boy. Trading Anzu - even if he had been a lovely, handsome companion - for the brute had been a good trade. Would you have traded me? Misery ignored Damian - she had the luxury of doing so now that he lived within, but his question unsettled her. His half melted cross still hung around her thin neck, a relic of so long ago. She would die with that relic around her. A soft, gentle laugh escaped her as she lovingly petted the young puppy. "Oh no, little one. Ankh would not dare venture out at night, not unless she truly had to. I am Misery, your grandmother." Saving Larkspur's life made him her Mother, at least in her book. He was her son, just as Gin had been. He had been luckier than Gin though, the sickness of their dirty blood hadn't touched him so deeply. It seemed this stuttering puppy was rather bright, if not nervous. "But I know of Rah'khir. I know of Ankh. I was born to Tak though, he who walks behind the rows. The walking man." A million names for the devil.

Misery had been born into darkness and come out into the light. The Khalif believed her blessed, she believed it madness. A life like hers wasn't blessed. She had the luck of a devil though, despite leaping into pyre's and testing and bedding madmen she still lived. "And you are Eris's girl. Do you have any siblings, my Vögelchen?" Perhaps the girl knew the holy tongue, perhaps not. But it wouldn't stop Misery from falling into it.

[/html]
[html]

Despite his failures in so many scholarly studies, Larkspur had been a boy devoted to the faith his family followed. He knew rituals and holy words, knew how to speak an unformed tongue. So few had seen what he had seen, looking deep into the ini. So he was pleased to see that his Aunt-Mother echoed the words he had once told his daughter. This was right. With Misery here, his efforts would be paid back in full. These children would fix what Naniko’s bloodline had broken so many years ago.

Wide-eyed, Salvia listened to the words of her newly discovered grandmother. She was captivated by this strange woman who spoke of her father’s gods and claimed she too had been chosen by Tak. People could turn from black to white? Green-yellow eyes shot to her father, realizing that his white fur was perhaps holy, given to him like the stone eagle that so nicely mimicked the bird-like marking on his chest. Maybe Pan wouldn’t be kept by the darkness and cursed forever!

She remained still though her tail began to wiggle frantically. I have a brother and a sister. We all look like the gods, but my mommy said that you don’t name people after gods so we got our names instead. Did you used to be black like my daddy? Tak, as she knew him, marked his followers—and this woman was as pure as fresh snow.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

sal is adorable. i love how larkspur is just like YAY MISERY. he makes me happy

"Only those who are arrogant and blasphemous name a child after a God." Simple, her voice quietly angry. Sukan and Kylie had been those kind of fools. They had named her precisely what she was to them - a Misery. Her twin, had been named Ankh for her snowy fur. The Khalif were fond of naming their children after words or objects, but not the gods. Gods names held power. It had always made her stomach curl to call her Ankh. False god. Lying god. They loved her. They had not loved Misery. Sukan had hated and violated her. She had killed her father. This girl would never know such cruelty - Larkspur was a good boy. "We are all made in the image of the holy ones. Those bathed in black belong to Tak, those of white to Ankh. And everyone in between falls to the silver lady, Rah'khir." No doubt the girl had been told that, but repetition was key.

"I did. The day I was born I was of the blackest sin." Not a spec of light on her, she had been a deep, absorbing shade of black. She missed her darkness sometimes. Missed being able to look at her own dark fur and remember Damian's. The white fur never felt right, but it was her's now. As tempted as she was she would do nothing to darken it - she had been blessed somehow. "But I changed. I have done both very good and very bad things, little one," Her voice was very soft, and she scratched affectionately behind the puppies ear. "But I have always believed. I am no saint, but I am not the worst sinner. But the gods rewarded my faith. I have risen into the light. I will never turn my back on Tak," A cruel god, but his cruelty was refining. His cruelty was love. "But now Ankh blesses me as well. She has taken me into her light."

[/html]
[html]

The dangers in using holy names was not lost on Larkspur. He had been warned of such arrogance before, and nodded stoically as Misery explained such things to his child. Tak chose those who were strong enough to face madness—Larkspur was not entirely mad, and perhaps his simple ways had shielded him from much of this. Disembodied voices, as they whispered through the amulet around his neck, were not taken as a defect but as a gift. After all the suffering he had gone through, Larkspur had been granted a boon by his unholy god. Carved across his legs, the fact of the matters was clear; one merely had to look.

His pride for his children was one born out of this odd religious fervor. Blessed by the trio, he gained children that mimicked their patterns. Though Eris had asked for more, he believed that this group had far more power within them than any others would. He dare not speak it aloud; the gods were fickle and cruel, and he did not wish to anger them.

Salvia, entranced by this strange woman, listened to her warnings. It dazzled her to learn that one could be chosen by two gods, and not simply one, as her father had explained it. Faith was the key. If Pandemic were to believe, he would be saved. This was clear. She did not fear for herself—she owned the twilight, and would always be capable of walking between their worlds. Green-yellow eyes, not yet hardened with cruelty, focused on the face of her grandmother with a piercing intensity. This woman was magic. She knew that now.

Larkspur finally spoke, his voice ineloquent and gruff as always, but his eyes nearly glowed with fervor. “One don’t ever turn their back on a god, Salvia. When y’do bad things happen.” At this, the timber cub turned to her father. Is that what happened to Harlowe? The wolf’s dark face twisted into a cruel grimace. His hackles rose at the nape of his neck and trailed to the base of his spine. “Yea. He never believed, n’ th’gods punished ‘im.” The little girl’s green eyes darkened for a moment, all traces of yellow vanishing for a shade much closer to a dead grandfather more demon than anything she had ever known. She had seen what her father had done, and while she did not fear him, she understood the power that he commanded and respected it.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"The Gods can be kind, Salvia." Misery's voice was quiet as she gave the puppy one last affectionate pat before rising slowly, putting her weight on the cane. The tremor ran up her scarred right leg as she did so, and she gritted her yellow teeth. "But the Gods are also cruel. Cruelty is refining." Misery knew that well. The God's were kind - they had brought her Damian. But in their cruelty they had given her only forty-three days with him as her mate. That was refining. It had made every moment more precious, every second carved into her memory. "If Harlowe turned his back on the Gods, than he had to be punished." There was no greater sin then letting go of the faith. If you turn your back on them, Tak will eat you alive." Maybe it wasn't the best story for a child, but it was true. "Tak will always find you. Even if he doesn't come and get you himself, he can take our bodies and use them to exact his vengeance." Misery was unaware that was the exact vengeance that had been enacted upon Harlowe. But she had seen it done back home. A foolish wolf proclaiming that the Gods were false. The gleaming gold-green eyes of a cousin turning upon the creature before they ripped the tan fellow apart. Eating his heart. Tak would always find you.

Misery looked at Larkspur, her worn face sliding into an easy smile. "But you don't need to worry about that, Salvia. You have a good father. He will teach you. You will be faithful, and Rah'khir will protect you. You'll grow up and be the finest of hunters like all of her children." The Silver Lady was renowned for her hunting prowess. Her children praised her by hunting the finest and deadliest of beasts. "And one day you can be marked, if Eris allows it. Blessing marks, protection things. And you will learn the holy tongue so that when you praise your Goddess, she will hear every word."

[/html]
[html]

Each word she spoke was the truth. Misery had lived far too long for Larkspur to doubt she had not seen the world, and she bore the proof in a pelt turned from soot to snow. His orange eyes gleamed at the mention of Tak’s vengeance, and Salvia’s widened. She understood. Her father, chosen by the dark and terrible god, had been the one to strike down the dying boy. Tak had chosen Larkspur then, and he had used his body to defend holy children. The scarred wolf’s face betrayed this as he stared at his aunt-mother, though he would not tell her here. She would learn soon enough.

Pleased by her words, Larkspur’s chest swelled and the white-bird mark on his chest became pronounced. Oblivious to her father, Salvia cocked her head at the mention of being marked. Protection from the goddess. She smiled, ignorant of what “marking” entailed. After all, her father had marks, and so did her mother—they had to be good things. The question of a holy tongue puzzled her, and a look was given to her orange-eyed father. Larkspur smiled down at his daughter. “Ah don’t use it ‘round here much. Yer not s’posed ta use it n’less it’s fer ritual.” A pause. He looked up to his taller elder. “Are y’staying?” There was hope in his voice, but not a whine or a plead. He knew better. She was the leader of the Khalif, and as such, he worried that these demands would take her home.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"I am." Wicca with her black and white fur wasn't the ideal leader, but they considered Misery so blessed they didn't argue. Besides, the girl was zealously devout. Wicca was good, even if Misery found her optimism utterly irritating. The girl was obedient and starved for love - the absence and death of both parents hadn't worked out well for the girl. Misery had used that to her advantage. "I've found a girl, my niece, to handle things for me. I have work t'do here. I've missed you, Lark." Quiet, simple words. Wicca would give her the freedom she needed for now. Her gold-green eyes looked down at Salvia, already fond of the girl. "They will have so much to learn."

[/html]
[html]

His cousin was an unknown force, one that he did not grasp outside of Misery’s approval. It was enough for him. To hear that she was coming to stay, to continue the work she had set in motion with her scarred nephew-son, he was beyond thrilled. Larkspur’s black tail wagged behind him as his eyes lit up. “There’s more,” he went on, thinking of Naniko’s children and even the older ones who knew nothing. “We can teach ‘em. S’my duty here.” And his duty to her, as he had promised so long ago.

Without waiting further, he threw his head back and howled for Naniko. My mother is here, he said, accepting this as the truth. After a few moments an answer came from the area near the caves. His mouth opened in a toothy smile, looking back to Misery. “Y’wanna come back with us?”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

The truckle boy loved her. It had been so very long since she had felt that way, and that was why she adored him so. Larkspur didn't question her, he simply thought her - in many ways - a God. That was an immense responsibility, but it was the duty of a Mother. Mother was god in the eyes of a child. The female had failed so many of her children. Poe, Samhain, just strangers to her. Gone and dead as far as she knew. Meth, Jude, Rift...all dead, all accounted for. She and Damian had no legacy. You failed me. Oh, those words, how they made her heart ache. Gin...she had been good to him. But he had been left behind in another's care. An act of love, even if it was a cruel one. Misery knew in the end, she would have damned him too. Poor, foolish Anzu's children. Cerulean, Psyhke, Zadkiel, Nox, Damien, lost and scattered to the wind. So many and not one she could speak to.

She had traded Anzu's simple minded devotion for Larkspur. She had not loved Anzu - she just was an old whore who couldn't stand belong alone anymore. She pitied the fool who had burned so Larkspur could live. But what a trade it had been - she had her lovely Lark now. "Yes. We will." Misery would leave a legacy of faith for her family, no matter what. "Of course I do." Her smile was easy and bright as she followed her boy.

[/html]

[html]
<style type="text/css">
.mtree {width:400px; font-family:verdana; background-color:#F3EDE6; border: 1px solid #000;}
.mtree2 {padding:10px; color:#062431; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px;}
.mtree i {color:#436D80; font-family:georgia;}
.mtree b {color:#5F7C81; font-family:georgia;}
.mtree p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]