OOC: "Thread at a Glance" table courtesy of Sie[html]
Thread at a Glance
Date: April 13, 2010

Setting: On the coast of New Brunswick

Time: Dawn

Weather: Dark, gray, cloudy, and chilly

Character Form: Lupus

Character Mood: Neutral.

Requested Participants: One or two, please.

Word Count: 525
[/html]

There was nothing wrong with standing near an ocean during a thunderstorm.

Anyone with common sense would contradict this statement. However, Darkness was never taught this and was somewhat lacking instinct to stay away, so he saw no reason to avoid the beach. He had been sleeping in a small burrow he had dug out the previous night, his satchel around his neck. A cold wind had dragged him from his slumber, and as soon as he left his makeshift den he realized that there was a storm coming. Well, that made the ocean tides higher, which meant that more treasures would be washed ashore. Smiling at the thought, the black Lupus quickly trotted over to a beach located only a short walk away.

The wind had really picked up by then and was ruffling Darkness's fur every which way. There was a definite chill to the air; quite cold for a day in April. Darkness absolutely loved it. He wore a ridiculous grin as he scampered along the shoreline, watching where the waves came in to see if glimmering objects caught his eye.

Darkness eventually settled on the sand. He had to grab a few goodies before it began to rain; then his fur would become absolutely drenched and would take an eternity to dry. Besides, his satchel would get all wet and become much heavier; it was already somewhat tricky lugging it around in his Lupus form. For a moment he considered shifting, but when he was this short he was closer to the sand and could look around without bending over too much.

"Well," he decided, talking to himself as he often did, "while I'm here I might as well give my treasures a quick cleaning." He backed up slightly away from the waves an ducked his head, continuing to back up until he felt the satchel's leather slap slip over his neck. Then he held it down with one paw and started biting at the strap, hearing a snap as it opened. Then he took the bottom of the bag in his mouth and lifted his head up, bobbing his head to shake out the satchel's contents. Several pebbles and a couple of seashells tumbled out, soon followed by three small jars of dye.

Satisfied that his items were out, Darkness gave a small nod and began the somewhat tedious task of nosing the pebbles into the water. After a short while he had dropped them all in a small pile, and after he placed the final one onto the little heap he stepped back to watch the waves wash over it. When it receded, what was left of the pile - two small seashells - was glimmering. Darkness ignored the absence and grabbed the shells, dropping them on top of his satchel.

"There we are," he declared. "Two clean seashells are better than a heavy bagload of 'em." He felt something wet hit his nose and turned his head to the sky. "Looks like I finished just in time, too; it's starting to rain." Sure enough, by the time he was finished talking a light drizzle had begun to fall.
[html]

--IO-BERLIN-IO-BERLIN-IO-BERLIN-IO-BERLIN-IO-BERLIN--

WC/Points- 000

OOC- Io is in her Secui form Big Grin

This was one of the days Io drifted away from her son. While he served a purpose and while she cared for him, there was still an air of... something that couldn't be titled, surrounding the femme. The dog hybrid moved slowly along the coast caring little about where she ended up. Her thin legs buckled every time the topography of the land shifted. While her fasting gave her beauty it left her helpless if attack. Even her knifes would serve little purpose as there was no power behind them. She understood that this was no way to live, but the woman didn't make any effort to change. She had Sarajevo.

Once again, as she clambered over some rocks, her thin legs collapsed under her. A surprisingly deeep growl echoed from her throat as her silver eyes caught the sight on red on her fore leg, not the dark tawny red that cover the selected parts of her body, but a rich scarlet color. Blood. It seemed ever her larger Secui form had succumbed to her poor lifestyle. She had to admit it. She was little more that a whore, starving herself just for peace of mind. And even peace of mind didn't come.

Io raised to her four legs once again. Taking a few shaky steps forward, she finally reached the climax of the small rocky cliff. Silver orbs caught sight of a dark creature, a wolf, definately. Body tense and jaw clenched, Io moved forward. Every fibre of her being forced her forward to confront this beast, even though he could easily kill her with one paw swipe. Io's paws finally hit the sand and her maw opened with a growl, 'Who are you?!' It was a low and menacing growl, accented with anger.

<style>
.io2 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:#c4b4b4;background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... dRed-3.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:13px; color: #F3FEC8; line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.io2 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px; color: #B50808; line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.io2 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.io2 .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.io2 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.io2 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px; color: #CCFF00;}
.io2 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px; color: #B50808;}
.io2 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 301

OOC: Thanks for joining! ^^
Posted under the wrong account, but I guess it doesn't matter since this is LASKY....

Darkness hardly noticed the female's approach, glancing mindlessly into the sky for a while as rain began to fall. Once he heard her voice he noticed her well enough. Being the verging-on-idiot that he was, however, he was either oblivious to or choosing to ignore her anger and simply smiled. "Hello! Pleasure to meet you. I'm Darkness Castor-LaRue. Who are you?" He spoke with a childlike innocence, not the least bit worried or offended by the female's blunt aggressiveness.

He subconsciously began to 'scan' her, looking at the secui from head to paw. Nothing much stood out to him, although the only things that stood out to Darkness were shiny things. As soon as his gaze locked onto her foreleg, though, his smile was replaced with a frown. He was smart enough to understand what blood was. "Are you okay?" A stupid question coming from a semi-stupid wolf. There could be nothing more expected.

Still, he slipped off his satchel, grabbed the top and yanked it open, and began rummaging around with his snout, as if he had convinced himself that he was carrying something that was actually useful. When he realized that he had nothing, he adopted a confused expression and glanced inside. "I could have sworn that I had more rocks in here," he muttered, completely unaware of the scattered pebbles at his tail.

Turning his attention back to the female, he gave a small shrug. "I don't have anything in here that would help, but if you want you can stay here and I'll get you something useful." Did he have any idea how to treat a wound? No. Was he going to offer to help anyway? Yes. Of course. What else was he going to do, stand there and throw the rocks he didn't have at her?

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-03 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-03 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-03 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Io Berlin

WC/Points- 000

OOC- NP Smile Derp I done it too XD

Io kept tense, but answered none the less, 'Io Berlin'. Her accented reply rang throughout the beach and kept a sense of menace about it. She made sublte glance towards her fore legs, slowly nodding, I'm fine'. She would not let a tiny scratch hamper her day. Though in her condition that little scrath could kill her. Even in Secui form her ribs stuck out harshly, she was in a sorry state.

'I'm fine' she repeated, constant gaze still focused on the dark beast. A gust of wind blew, causing a shiver to ripple through Io's body. She made a few more steps forward stumbling and ultimately collapsing onto the soft sand. She let out a sorry sigh as she made the effort to sit up. Her ears kept low and loose around her face and the white of her mane hung loosly around her neck. Io lifted her head, trying to find her son. Maybe he was around, maybe not. He was old enough to make his own way around and she didn't care particularly where he went. No, he wasn't there.

The coydog let out a deep whine as the sand dug itself deeper into her wound. Her tail kept wrapped around her hind legs, daggers still belted to her things from her Optime form.

<style>
.io2 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:#c4b4b4;background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... dRed-3.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:13px; color: #F3FEC8; line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.io2 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px; color: #B50808; line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.io2 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 413
OOC: Oh derp. I was forgetting that Darkness was in Lupus when I wrote that last post. I'll just be editing that a bit, nothing major. Plus, I forgot that previewing my post would change the account back to Slade's. From now on I'm just logging into Darkness to reply.... Tongue

As soon as the female - who introduced herself as Io Berlin - said she was fine, Darkness saw no reason to stick around. She was starving and bleeding, but if she said she didn't need help he was just going to shrug and walk away. He wasn't the type to argue against free will, so he gave a small nod and started to turn around, completely forgetting about his satchel still lying on the ground.

Darkness instantly began to wonder which part of the beach he would go to next. Or maybe he would try to run into the forest and seek shelter from the rain; it was just a light drizzle now, but it would soon start to downpour if the sky got dark enough. Oh wait, in order to do anything he would probably need his satchel back. When he turned around, he was shocked to see Io lying in the sand, as if she had dragged herself a few steps and ultimately collapsed right there. Was she... lying to him? Why couldn't she let go of her pride and just admit that she was not fine and really needed help?

"You know," he offered, trying to slip on his satchel and failing, "I'm not gonna make fun of you or anything. I can make myself useful. Just watch." Suddenly a smile crossed his face, and his eyes widened. "That's it! You need proof that I can do stuff! Just wait here! I'll go run into the woods and find you... something. All right?" Without waiting for an answer he whipped around and charged down the beach.

He couldn't help but notice a small pile of rocks that he ran past. "I wonder where those came from...?" he muttered before continuing on his mad dash for whatever he could find. He still wasn't sure how he would prove to Io that he could do something useful, but he figured he would just wing it and see what he could find for now.

"Maybe some food will make her feel better," Darkness thought aloud. Then he realized that the idea was perfect. He was already in his lupus form, which was great for hunting. All he had to do was run out and catch some prey, and bring it back to Io before it really began to rain. Plus, he thought he remembered passing a small, old house before; maybe he could take her to it if she was strong enough.

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

--IO-BERLIN--

WC/Points- 000

OOC- Io is back Big Grin

The black beast skipped off after saying words which seemed a muddle of unintelligible sounds. Mhhh' Io hummed as tried her hardest to focus her vision. Raising further to her four thin legs, she took shaky, cautious steps towards where the male had dissapeared to.

Ugh, this idiot will be the death of me Io thought as she hobbled after 'Darkness'. Her vision was fading, her hear dulled, but she was always in her thoughts. She soon found her mark, after a few minutes of uncertain trailing. She unhappily collapsed onto the ground again, her form bearing no brunt of the fall. She shivered again, collie ears falling erent against the cold ground. 'Okay, so what are you going to do?' she asked, lifting her head a few inches up, narrowing her eyes to find the male. This should have been an easy job, but in her state it seemed that evenraising her head took so much energy that she could only do so consistantly for a few seconds.

Her fugacious energy soon limited her to only short moans of pain. She was in a sorry state now and had no choice but to either foolishly wait for Sarajevo to appear , or give in to the wolf's pointless needto aid her. The coyote hybrid closed her eyes, concentrating on nothing but remembering that if she didn't eat what the male went off to find, she would perish. And while she prized her beauty above everything, to the point that it was on par with her son, she prized her life that small inch more.

'Wolf?!' she called out, caring little about his name and only wishing his to hurry the hell up.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 420
OOC: Darkness is back, too! Plus he haz title and berries!

Unfortunately for Darkness - and Io, of course - the prey seemed to be eschewing him as he stalked through the forest. He couldn’t help but growl. "Aw, c'mon..." he muttered. "You can't hide just 'cause of a little rain. It's either you or a wolf; which is more important here?" Based on the reaction, the rodents and other prey obviously valued their own lives more than Io's.

Darkness sighed. Every second he took was a second ticking away from Io's life, and based on her condition he had a feeling that she didn't have much life left to begin with. He looked around helplessly and happened to notice a small bush with little red berries on it. His eyes widened. Even though the bush was thorny, he liked to harvest the berries from it to use as a red dye, and during the harvest he'd pop a few in his mouth, just because he could. Now was a better time than ever to grab a few.

"That's it!" he shouted excitedly. "I've never been poisoned by these! Now I just have to figure out how to grab a few...." Realizing it would be useless in his lupus form, as he had no thin appendages to reach through the thorns to get, he ducked, slipped off his satchel, and shut his eyes. This would take a while, but if Io was still all right by the time he returned, it was totally worth it.

He had never bothered to time how long the shifting took, but after what felt like an eternity - likely because of the situation - he found himself crouching in his optime form. Smiling, he grabbed his satchel, slung it over his shoulder, and reached into the bush. His fingers made it far easier to grab the berries, even though he got a few scratches along the way.

He picked them off two and three at a time and shoved them into one of his empty jars. When he had filled the jar halfway, his hand retreated and he started running back to Io.

Not to his surprise, Io was still on the ground. He bent down, getting on all fours so he was more or less eye level with her, and took the berry-filled jar out of his satchel. Grasping them in his non-scratched palm, he held out his full hand in front of her. "Here. I got you some berries. They're not poisonous." He smiled, hoping that his offering would tame the starving canine.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Io Lifted her head up when Darkness appeared. 'Mhhh' she hummed, opening her mouth and letting herself swallow them, she knew better than to eschew good help. If Mama could see me now, Io thought as she closed her eyes. The coy dog's eyes darted open as she smelt a familiar scent. She let out a sorry howl , most probably more of a whine, hoping that it would be heard. Her silver eyes moved towards the male, 'Wolf, you better stand up'. Her maw flashed a sly smile.

A small hybrid male appear from the shadows growling, sky blue eyes glowing. 'Mama?' he questioned worriedly before sendin another fearsome growl up into the air. 'What have you done to her?!' The grey and white male shook mentally, clearly in panic over his dear mother.

He stalked forward more, the same deep constant rumbling erupting from his chest. 'Sara', Io coughed, stabling her fore legs and moving into a sloppy sitting position, legs still stuck in a lying position. Though berries would not be enough to keep her up for very long, her legs collapsed before her and she gave up her valiant effort to sit. The beast had helped her but she simply did not have the effort to stop him from getting the wrong idea. If the males fought the beast would clearly win, Sara was not a fighter, he was a slave.
[html]

OOC: Nice timing, Saravejo. XD
WC: 249

Darkness stood upon command, and was surprised to see another canine run over moments later. Despite his anger, the newcomer - who was apparently named Sara, which Darkness could have sworn was a feminine name - managed to stir Io to get on her paws. The black male was more or less indifferent about this, and greeted the youngster with a smile. "Hello! I didn't do a thing to Io." He had enough sense to finish inwardly: She did this to herself.

Noticing that most of the berries were gone and that Io apparently had no interest in having any more, Darkness shoved them into his satchel - he'd have to use them for dyes when he got the chance - and glanced at the sky. The drizzle was starting to turn into a steady rain; it couldn't be long before a storm came. He looked back at Io and her son. "Do you two need shelter?"

Once again, Darkness was offering something he didn't have. Yes, he remembered a house and was offering to take the mother and son to it. No, he had absolutely no idea how long it would take to get there. Unknown to him, the house was a good distance away, and could be reached quickly only by running; it was apparent that Io was in no condition to run. Once again, he was going to improvise along the way. At this point he was probably going to be the death of Io Berlin.

<style type="text/css">
.darkness-3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#828aff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.darkness-3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.darkness-3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.darkness-3 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/10f2xzn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434783; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Sarajevo still advanced, fury coating his blue eyes. 'Sarajevo!' Io barked, not moving her head or opening her eyes. Sarajevo stopped dead, terrified by his mother even though she couldn't do anything to him. The hybrid's head dropped and he let out a soft whine. He moved over more to the crimson woman, Io managed to stand up, leaning heavily against the boy.

Io gave the hybrid boy a soft look and he stared awkwardly at Darkness, 'Mama says she will accept your invitation of shelter'. He moved about awkwardly, realising his stupidity and feeling like a child. 'Berries will not work, she needs meat. I will find some and while I do feed her whatever you can find' he paused and let Io slipped back down to the floor, he turned away but let his gaze find the beast again, 'If she doesn't eat it, force it down her throat'. It was a harsh rule, but Sarajevo had learnt that in order to keep her alive he must fight her. He smiled as he wandered away, berrter Darkness that him. His eyes moved down to his paws, littered in bite marks.

Io supposed kismet had allowed Darkness to find her. She would be dead were it not for the wolf beast. Remembering that Darkness was a wolf made her frown. The coy dog held a fierce heriarchy problem when it came to canines. Coyotes were the kings and wolves the fools. Dogs, jackals, wild dog fell somewhere in the middle. Io sighed as she waited for the idiot to say something.
[html]

Word Count → 248
OOC: Shortish post again....

Offer help: check. Give help: big red 'X'. He was nonetheless satisfied that his offer had been agreed to. He listened to the mother and son - who turned out to have a male's name after all - have a short conversation and watched Sarajevo walk away. Then Darkness turned back to Io. "Well then, I suppose we should stay here until Sarajevo gets back. No use moving you; he'll come back and see you're gone, and then he'll really be mad." He glanced around. "When he gets back, I'll take you to a house not too far from here." He was underestimating the distance by a long shot. "Then we can all be warm and sheltered when the rain comes."

As he was temporarily out of things to say, Darkness considered turning and leaving, as he usually did when he was at a loss for words, but this situation called for his attention. Instead, he decided to strike up a conversation. "So where'd you come from?" he asked, partly out of nosiness and partly because he wondered how Io could have possibly gotten so skinny if she had a son to feed her. It wasn't like she couldn't hunt; sure, she was in no condition to now, but when she wasn't quite so frail he had a feeling she was fully capable of getting food for herself. In short, he was being overly curious and trying to come up with something to say to pass the time.

<style>
</style>[/html]