All that was
[html]

WC: 311 OOC: Wooo :3

Liliana was frustrated. That's all she could explain it as, it was hard to forgive Nayati's outburst, but she knew she would. She loved him after all, but she was conflicted at the moment. How could he react the way he had with Jaden? It infuriated her, and it had already been a few weeks, she had not talked to him for a few days, and at night she kept her back to him, but she loved him, for he was her other half. Thinking about what he did though, just made things worse. She tried to make herself stop but his jealousy induced anger towards the man helping her out was not something she'd forget easy, especially with the commotion he'd caused.

Liliana got up early that morning and set off on Grace for a morning run. She had a lot of thinking to do and she wanted to get it done, she knew she'd been dragging forgiving Nayati for too long now. Maybe if she got the heart to forgive him today... Just thinking about it made her angry. She let the mare move on her own accord and soon they were deep in the nuetral territories. She knew where she was though. she'd traveled these parts many times and she was quite comfortable in this forest. So when she stopped the mare she was sure where she was, but was not ready to go back. She jumped off Grace, patting her neck, and looking around. The snow was starting to melt now, so much of the place was filled with spots of puddles and muddy concoctions. She began walking, where she heard the squishy steps of her mare following her. Yes she was good out here, in the middle of the forest, where she had no reason to be unhappy.

<style type="text/css">
.LilianaUtina04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dfcab4; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a6a19a; }
.LilianaUtina04-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d5d5c; text-align:center;}
.LilianaUtina04 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.LilianaUtina04 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#a6a19a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... tina03.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #efe5da; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d5d5c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.LilianaUtina04-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #5d5d5c; margin:0 auto;}
.LilianaUtina04-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #5d5d5c; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 400+ || OOC: Sorry for the late reply!

Oh great, Layla thought. I'm lost. She was standing on her toes, peering over the landscape around her. The female stopped herself. Was I ever un-lost? She sighed and rolled her eyes. She had been meeting fabulous wolves around, but after the first meeting, she hadn't heard from them again. It made sense. They were in a pack already and Layla wasn't ready to tie herself to one yet, not with so many in the nearby area that she might feel more akin to. From rumors and scents, there was one she couldn't join, and that was Inferni. She had shrugged her shoulders when she heard that. She didn't care to be with coyotes anyway. It wasn't coyotes that Layla had risked her hide to find. She also hadn't really been in the same place for long, either.

A great thunderous noise shook her to her core. Wide blue eyes frantically looked for the source of the commotion and her black ears fought to stay up. There, just there a body flashed and the blur was huge. Layla instinctively dropped low onto her hands and knees and flattened her ears. Her fluffy white and black tail curled under her, between her legs as her heart raced. Whatever it was, it stopped. Something else hit the ground, but it was out of her vision.

Cautiously, Layla crept closer, avoiding all mud and as much snow as possible. One fluffy black ear raised from her head to poke out as she peered around a tree. She caught the sight of a huge animal. She had once seen one a few months ago from a far distance. Without anyone to ask, she had filed it under the "large prey" category next to deer, caribou, and elk. It was easy to see that she was wrong. A wolf was standing close to it. There was a bond there, even Layla could tell.

"Uh-m, hello?" Layla interjected softly. "Don't mean to be a bother, but where are we? I'm afraid I'm new to these parts," she asked. She knew she was southwest of the Dampwoods and Arachnea's Revenge, but she was unsure how far she had come. She had bolted as fast as her legs and lungs would allow through Arachnea's Revenge, not wanting to hang around any spiders. This prey-loving femme was obviously a pack member; Layla could scent quite a few wolves from her. One male was particularly strong compared to the others. Otherwise, the stranger smelled like her rather large companion.
[/html]
[html]

WC: 301 OOC: kick me for i am late ; ;

she hadn’t noticed the wolf she’d passed as she slowed to a stop, so when the female spoke to Liliana she jumped and stood defensively, but calmed herself down to see it was just someone who seemed more lost than bloodthirsty. She listened as the woman asked where she was and felt bad for her. Liliana was lucky enough to know her way around the area now. She nodded and spoke.

We are in the middle of the Ethereal Eclipse, is there any place you were heading to?

She asked. She was quite a friendly wolfdog, though she had been quite shy, but it had been nearly a year since she had joined Aniwaya. Now she knew just about every nook and cranny around the pack and then some when it came to the rest of the area. She had grown out of her shell as her knowledge grew around the area. She had always been the girl in the back not talking much, mostly because her parents were nomads, but now they were no longer here, and she was taking care of herself... well her pack was taking care of her and she their horses, she found that it wasn’t as hard to talk to others.

My name is Liliana Vv.... Utina by the way

She said after waiting a minute or so... cursing herself for continuing to forget she had a new last name. It was hard to forget that she had once been called Liliana Vess, but with her new mateship she was now an Utina, and she didn’t plan on being anything other ever again, though right now she wasn’t too happy with her mate, and his overreaction to a kind gentle man who was helping her out.

<style>
.lili-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-z29 b {color:#2D150B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lili-z29 {background-color:#F4EFDB; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/liligift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8C4D34; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.lili-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for shortness, kinda crammed!

Word Count → 300+

The black studded ear that laid flat against her skull rose to join the other in an attentitive manner. A friendly, but utterly nervous smile tried to soften her features to no avail. She just looked as awkward as she was. She slowly moved so that her body was to the side of the tree. Her black forearms wrapped around the trunk securely. A simple tiny red loin cloth hung from a rope that rested on her hips. It wasn't much cover, the front of her white hips wasn't hidden.

”Oh.” Layla said. Her face became thoughtful and her blue eyes a bit distant. Her attention soon snapped back however. ”No where,” she choked. ”I have no where to go. Lone- I'm a loner. I was northeast of here yesterday but I went south and... got turned around.” The phony wolf wasn't usually so uncollected. The unexpected sight before her eyes with the horse had shaken her reserve.

"Hello, I'm Layla!" One black hand let go of the trunk to wave. "And um... who's that?" she asked, sounding a little like a child as she flicked her blue gaze from Liliana to the large beast repeatedly. Layla sensed some confusion about her own reaction and felt the need to explain. "I-I've never seen one, or up close at least. I thought wolves at them, but it's obvious the predator-prey is not the relationship I see here. I must confess my curiosity."

Layla kept her tail completely still. The last thing she wanted to do was startle the animal. Images of hooves, screaming, blood and panic filled her mind. She knew this prey was not injured, sick, or old. It was a healthy beast that could easily overwhelm her and stomp her skull in. All these horrible thoughts made her ears turn sideways with unease.

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 343 OOC: Lili likes horse talk hehe

She could see that the woman before her was quite unnerved. It was possible that Grace was giving this effect to her. Liliana listened politely though. She nodded as the woman mentioned she was a loner. Lili could tell by the lack of additional wolves that she was not a part of any pack. Lili almost wished she were a loner still.... almost... She needed the company of others to survive though and to live outside of AniWaya... was absurd.

I do like letting my feet take me where I want. My parents were loners. We went everywhere. My mother was a horse trainer, that’s how we traded for supplies.

She said. The woman introduced herself and then looked at Grace asking who she was, but Lili could hear a small hint of the woman asking what it was as well, especially when she mentioned that she thought they were prey animals.

This is Grace. She is my horse Companion.

She said, smiling at the chestnut mare who had nickered at her name, her ears flipped forward and she turned to look Liliana.

They actually have been prey animals for a long time. but they can be so much more useful than that. Though we can run as fast as them, they have much more endurance than us, and we can run them without getting so tired ourselfs so we are free to do what we need to.

She explained. This was not the first time she had to explain something like this, but she was used to it, and if it meant getting one less person to eat another kind of meat, was fine with Liliana.

She is still wild, she actually picked me, I think she thought I needed guidance or something.

Liliana looked up at Grace and rubbed the horse under her chin softly.though she was wild she seemed to be getting better with wolf companionship, as well as new wolf friends.

<style>
.lili-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-z29 b {color:#2D150B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lili-z29 {background-color:#F4EFDB; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/liligift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8C4D34; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.lili-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for taking so long <3!

Word Count → 300+

Being a loner wasn't easy for Layla. She had grown up in a rather large pack of close dogs. Her new life was past insanity in her family's belief. Why would anyone want to leave the top dog pack everyone wanted in? They would never understand her or her need to do this. She felt lonely, sure, but she also felt independent and almost noble for pursuing her dream. Layla would have joined a pack a month ago, but she was too indecisive. She didn't want to make the wrong choice on something she held so high.

Liliana tried connecting with Layla, telling the young femme about her parents. Layla nodded, "Sounds like a nice childhood." What was she supposed to say? She abandoned her family and was living a lie? No. Talk about her false past and wolves being sucked up into a tornado? No again. Thankfully, Liliana ended the awkward moment for her by introducing her 'horse Companion'. Layla pondered inwardly what the female meant by that. The nickering sound it made as it heard its own name was pleasant on her soft black ears.

Before Layla could give an input, Liliana continued, telling her about the horse Companion race. Layla was paying complete attention. Slowly, Layla relaxed her muscles. It wasn't prey anymore and it didn't seem to want to bring her harm. What the horse-friendly woman told her confirmed her suspicion that she had ridden Grace here. "Wow, I had no idea. It's very nice to meet the both of you," Layla said, back to her normal happy and friendly self. The nervousness slowly went away.

"So, you ride the horse Companion, Grace? Why would she let you do that?" Layla was sincerely curious. This horse riding idea was innovative and extremely impressive to her young mind. Liliana mentioned Grace was still wild. "That would mean that I best not touch Grace then, yes?" she asked. Now knowing that these horses were not for eating, Layla soften to its presence and she wanted to feel its noticeably soft orange-brown coat.

<style>
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:509 OOC: Woot Big Grin no need to apologize as i've been bad at it myself Smile

The statement caused a bit of an awkward moment, and Liliana put her hand over her muzzle, she talked too much... why did that all just come out? She felt rather embarrassed. Though the subject of Grace eased her out of her shell a little, and it seemed that Layla was quite interested in Grace, and Grace watched the woman with interest now that she knew they were talking about her.

“She lets me... because we know each other and work with each other. We are like a working pair, she helps me get around, and I can give her the nutrition she needs even in the winter time.”

Liliana said. She was proud to say the horse had chosen her rather she had chosen the horse. Grace had been her first ever horse, and Heath, a man from a different pack showed her how he chose his companions. On that day was the day that Grace came to her, willing to part with her herd, for a carnivore. It had been an odd meeting, but since then Liliana had little trouble, and didn’t bother trying to break the horse like the others. She seemed inclined to not care about other wolves, so there was little danger to her, but she didn’t let just anyone sit on her, or come near her. Liliana normally had to be around for Grace to be in a good enough mood for such a thing. She’d taken to female wolves much more than she had with males it seemed to Liliana and she seemed curious about Layla too.

“I think that we are friendly enough with each other that you can introduce yourself to her. She does know some words but, she workse with smells and different sounds rather than the name of a person, so if you hold your hand out, like this, but don’t force her to get a smell of you, She’s... well she’s the lead mare, and that would be disrespectful... well anyway, just hold your hand out, and speak softly to her, it usually gets her to come.”

Liliana explained, yes she spoke even more when it came to the horses, but she wanted to make sure the interaction between a prey animal and a predator animal went well, for if a predator came upon her horse... and wanted to eat her and Lili seemed to stand by, well that would be the end of their friendship as she knew it with the mare. Grace nickered again happy with the sound of Lili’s voice, though she only understood bits and pieces ,she seemed to know this might possibly be a greeting. The horse waited though, it was up to Layla to do something, the mare wasn’t about to go below her rank to sniff at the woman. Her tail swished back and forth, though not as quick as it had when Layla first came to the area. This meant Grace was getting a bit more comfortable with the stranger.

<style>
.liliana-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.liliana-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.liliana-d04 b {color:#191308; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.liliana-d04 {background-color:#BC9C63; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/lili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#45371E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; }
.liliana-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

Yay!

Word Count → 300+

Layla noticed the horse was watching her now with interest. So, Liliana and Grace had a mutualistic bond. The white and black femme was learning so much today, she felt. "Wow, that's pretty neat. You both must be pretty lucky to have stumbled upon each other," Layla said in awe. With all this talk of horses, and seeing one with its rider made Layla wish that she too had such a companion. Sure, the ease of getting from place A to B was a bonus, but Layla really was envious of the bond they shared. Being without a pack, the female had severed all similar bonds that she had once had.

"You-You think so?" Layla replied. A childlike look of wonder washed over her features in a wave. Layla copied Liliana's instructions perfectly. Perfection was a big thing her pack had taught her. Good, better, best. Never let it rest, until your good is better, and you better is best. Softly, almost in a whisper, Layla said, "Hello Grace... I am Layla. I've never been so close to a horse before." Her black hand was outstretched toward the chestnut's nose. Her blue eyes looked to Liliana. She wanted to make sure what she was doing was right.

Layla looked back to Grace. The female dog felt as on edge as she had ever been. She never took more than a step toward her this entire time. The horse's tail swished back and forth, but Layla's remained still and low to the ground. The femme bit her lip. She was basing her whole experience with horses on this one event. If Grace could like her, then another could too. Layla wouldn't even know where to find a horse, or how to get one. She knew she couldn't afford one however. She would have to wait until she had a more stable life.

Hey, Layla realized, this isn't much different than a handshake.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 276 :: OOC: Sorry I think it's crappy but couldn't see me doing much better cause i'm a suckah

Liliana decided in not telling Layla how she found her mare, for it might scramble more of the woman’s idea about prey animal. It wasn’t so hard to move about them, but if one did not understand they might think something was wrong so Liliana was quiet as she watched the interaction between horse and woman. Grace‘s ears flicked forward when Layla started talking to her, nervously. It was a good start and it seemed Grace took that as a cue that she could show more interest because she heard the popping of the knees as Grace moved her hooves forward, and the horses nose came to nudge at Layla’s. She snorted suddenly, but did not move away. Lili could tell tha Grace approved of her.

“I think you two are no friends. Grace has always had a good temperment I suppose, but it’s nice to know she enjoys company of strangers.”

Liliana said approvingly. She was happy, though sad she didn’t get to keep Grace to herself, but she knew the horse was a social creature and this woman was interested in knowing what horses were like apparently she hadn’t been so close to one.

“The mating season’s coming, I’m not sure if I want to breed her or not. I’m sure she would make a beautiful foal.”

Liliana said, smiling at the woman. She was not sure how the woman would react, but she did want to show her pride in the animal she had, and she knew that the horse had her eye on the more... rambunctious of the bunch of horses they had.

<style>
.lili-texthorse-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:159px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.lili-texthorse {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.lili-texthorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.lili-texthorse .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.lili-texthorse p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.lili-texthorse b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for shortness, but hopefully you have more to reply with ^^

Word Count → 200+

Layla noticed Grace flick her ears towards her. She did not know if horses body language mirrored wolves' or not, but it appeared that Grace was paying more attention. Equine knees popped and hooves enclosed the space between Layla and Grace. This was it, she thought. The chestnut mare placed her velvet nose in the females palm and snuffled and snorted. Layla dared to softly rub her chin.

Liliana said that they were now friends, which brought a huge smile to her face as she slowly stepped away and stood to her full height. The next comment seemed to be out of no where, but indeed only greatness could come from this mare. "Definitely a beautiful foal," Layla agreed, learning the horse term for a baby horse. "But does she want to be bred? I'd do it if she wants to, but then again I know so little on the matter."

"Speaking of horses and foals," Layla said, running a hand through her black hair, "What does it take to own one? Or learn to ride one?" Layla was very interested in this new avenue of a companion and means of travel combined. An image of a fine black horse with white feet came to mind. Layla would take a good look around before deciding on one. Alas, it would probably be out of her price range to learn how to ride not to mention getting one in the first place.

<style>
</style>
[/html]