OOC:
Character Name: Clarice
Character Birthdate (including year): 13 June 2009
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: 50% Grey Wolf 50% Caspian Sea Wolf
Currently played characters: Clarice
How you found 'Souls: A friend told me about it

IC:
Clarice woke up with a jolt, another dream about her old pack. She wished that they would just go away. She remembers the whole thing as if it were yesterday, not over a year ago. She remembers the fear she felt and the gore she saw. As well as the smell of death over the land. Also the terrible trek across the world to the land she heard so many stories of. She got up stiffly and started to walk.

Clarice stopped suddenly when she smelt a strong scent of other wolves. Her mother had taught her about boundaries, her mother had taught her almost everything she knew. Not knowing whether or not the pack was aggressive or passive, she let out a long but not to loud howl in hopes of getting someone's attention. She cautiously prepared to run if they attacked, but still had a sense of curiosity for the others.
[html]
ooc;; hello and welcome to 'souls. i hope you have a wonderful time here! <333

Creamy white paws moved with swift grace of the earth. The young male was back in his element once more, practised emerald gaze cutting swathes from the lands to try and gouge intruders or trespassers in his beloved Dahlia. Conor never set official border patrols but the higher ranked wolves within the peaceful pack usually took it in turns to take one compass point of the borders. Nayru almost always took the eastern partition of the lands due to her proxomity to the invisible boundaries whilst Conor and Saul usually took the western sides. Most wolves looking to gain access to Dahlia came from the west, from over the mountains and approaching from that way. It was simpler than looping round and coming through the Ethereal Eclipse and maybe catchin Cercatori instead of Dahlia. So as Saul moved out of the vicinity of his new home, intending to follow the river up to Whisper Beach for his first post of the day, he was on high alert.

He and Siku had moved into the large cabin he'd built for long and sloggish months only three days before and they wer beginning to get used to having no furnshings. Or at least Saul was- Siku had never had a house in the first place and had previously slept outside. But they had promised each other that they would build it up, make it a proper house inside as well as out. He was glad his family had turned up although he was very worred about Gideon. The male had suffered some serious injury and he couldnt explain them. Saul's medically wired brain sought for remedies that would cure him, but the damage was already done. Saul didnt know what to do for his younger brother.

So immersed in his thoughts on the current state of his family, Saul didnt at first register the muted howl that rang through the early spring afternoon. It hit him like a soft slap to the face and he shook the cobwebs from his mind before kicking some speed up. As usual the man had remained in his lupus form from this mornings run and he decided to keep it that way. If the animal at the border was non-luperci then it might scare them away. Better to approach in a form that was universally recognisable. Green eyes caught the form of a mostly copper hued wolf standing close to the borders. He slowed to a trot, ears pricking forward, tail high to show dominance. Whilst a friendly glint held in his eyes and a small smile had turned his lips upward, there was still the separation between the two animals. "You have reached the borders of Dahlia de Mai. How may I help you?" Was the standard greeting that came from the timber males lips, eyes friendly and welcoming. Perhaps another new member for their ranks.

word count;; 481

"speech"

[/html]
OOC:
thank you!

IC:
Clarice cautiously sniffed out all the foreign scents that surrounded her.
From the wild flowers to the trees. She new nothing of were she was. She just new she was surrounded by packs of wolves whom she didn't know. Clarice thought about her family, and if she made the right choice coming here..

She was so lost in thought that she hadn't even noticed the wolf approaching her.
she noticed his tail was up, an expression of dominance, so she Quickly tucked her tail under her and held her head down to show submission. he called out to her
"You have reached the borders of Dahlia de Mai. How may I help you?"

"I am Clarice, I am a loner wolf from new Zealand.. I have come here in the hopes of finding a pack...may i join yours?"
[html]
ooc;; if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I'll answer the best I can. <333

Green eyes watched as the female, as she appeared to be, in front of him recognised the dominance in his pose. She adjusted herself accordingly, ears flashing back against her skull, tail tucking beneath her to protect her delicate belly and a general lowering of her posture so that she was well and truely below him. Saul was never really big on posture and submission and dominance, but when it came to loners requesting an audience at the borders he was a little more insistent. Still, no aggressive traits had ever made themselves known in the young mn and they most likely never would.

Cinnamon backed ears twitched as she spoke, literally laying it out on a platein front of him. No reservations, no hesitations like Vanessa. This female knew what she wanted and she seemed like she was going to get it. Critial green eyes watched her, taking account of the submissive posture and the politeness of her request. Clarice she had said her name was, and it was a pretty name. She had also said she was a loner from New Zealand and this confused Saul. He had n inclination of Geography and had no idea where this place was. He needed a little more time to think on her request and what better way than to find out about her home land.

"A pleasure to meet you Clarice. My name is Saul Stormbringer and I am the Theta of Dahlia de Mai. Tell me a little more about your homeland and how you came to be here?"

It was always wise to gauge the person before they were allowed into the lands. Finding out a bit about their past and their personality mixed in was a wise move. Plus, it was a nice way to get to know another, especially if that other was going to be joining Dahlia shorly. If there was anything untoward in her story, he would be sure to scrutinize it.

word count;; 328

"speech"

[/html]
OOC: thank you, i will if i have any Questions.

IC:Clarice took a quick glance at Saul,
his green eyes searching her. thoughts rushing through her head.
'did i make the right decision?' 'what if he decides that I'm an enemy?' 'will he attack?'
she tried to calm down.. her heart racing, but she managed to calm down.
she thought about her family, knowing that if her mother was still alive she
would say she was doing the right thing.

Clarice straightened up a little but kept her head down before she responded.

"I'm sorry for being so straight forward, but i have been searching for a pack that will let me join..
this is the only one i have seen on my whole journey to this country,
and my birth pack is from new Zealand.."
Thoughts still rushing a mile an hour in her head, she hurried to think of what to say next.
"it's a very far from here. It has taken me months of travel by land and by sea to get here."
Clarice took a moment to catch her breath before continuing.

"when i was younger, only a few months old, my pack went into poverty,
and soon we were starving, and growing weaker and weaker. a foreign pack
attacked us.. I'm.. I'm the only survivor...but kindly i ask of you, to let me join
you in your pack."
Clarice hoped that she wasn't being to straight forward,
but again she did need a pack, and if being straight forward
was the only way, then she was going to do it. she glanced up
at Saul who was staring at her. She put her head back down and continued.

"I know many skills, although most of them only the basics.
things such as horseback riding, basic reading, small amounts of jewelry making and wood carving.
and I'm pretty good at hunting from being alone for so long..."

Clarice looked up at Saul, his green eyes looking at her, almost as if looking through her. she kept her eyes locked to his and continued.

"Now again I'm sorry for being straight forward, but i need a pack, and if you choose to not let me in,
i shall respect your decision, for i know how if is to let a stranger into your territory."

Clarice let out a breath, for it took all the courage in her to speak. she isn't usually this scared, or worried. but she new she had to speak up if she was to have any chance of having a new home.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

So sorry for the wait Brit! I had no computer!! Welcome to Dahlia de Mai!

The female in front of him appeared to have a rich history despite her youth. Roughly Saul's age she appeared to have travelled across the whole world, although Saul didn't know how much of that he believed. But if she wanted to come from New Zealand then he wasn't going to deny her. Cinnamon backed ears flickered forward as her somewhat pleading tone. Saul had no intention or turning her away- in all truth Dahlia needed more members to hold the ground they had. If they had no more members then they might soon before forced to retreat their boundaries to a more manageable area. So perhaps they needed the female more than she needed them. Of course, he wasn't going to tell her that. He was about to comment on her words before she launched into more speech, answering his previous questions.

She spoke of her early life and her family. He was reminded of Siku's story then- how she'd lain in the snow and told him she was all alone in the world. Her mother was dead, the only companion she had ever known. The same thing was happening with Clarice. But Siku had found peace in Dahlia de Mai- maybe even found a family within the borders. She was Saul's best friend now and she was fast becoming much more. Saul was hopeful that with the right attitude Clarice would fast make friends in Dahlia and one day make them her family. Saul dipped his head softly, knowing full well what it was like to lose family.

I'm sorry about your family Clarice. I was in a similar boat once.

He was next going to ask her about her skills and what she could contribute to the pack when she provided ample enough for him to digest. It seemed they had a lot in common and Saul was at least a little interested where she'd picked up there skills if she had spent a lot of her time travelling. He didn't know how much of what she said was the truth but she wasn't dying and therefore he knew she could hunt. He dipped his head in acknowledgement, going to speak. Once again he was cut up and Saul felt an unfamiliar tang of frustration on his tongue. He understood that she was desperate for acceptance, but allowing him to speak was a common courtesy. Swallowing the frustration he allowed a full minute to stretch before he answered, making sure she had nothing left to say to interupt him.

I am willing to accept you into Dahlia de Mai as a Subordinate. I hope you will work hard to up your position in our ranks and contribute to the continued health of our pack. Welcome, Clarice.

He spoke the ritualistic words that came from the back of his mind and towards the female. She might not want to be so interupting when meeting Conor or Nayru, although she had done so to the third highest ranked wolf in the pack so maybe she would. Still he was more than happy to allow her passage into her new home.

word count;; 521
Its okay, i understand!
and thank you!

Clarice could see that it was irritating the wolf who stood in front of her, making her a bit uncomfortable. Clarice decided to acknowledge what the other wolf is saying before continuing from now on. Clarice thought to herself "Well, being on my own has messed with my manners, i really need to work on that."

Focusing on the male in front of her,
his green eyes staring at her, she no longer heard such a strong emotion of irritation, but could tell he was still a little irritated. after the irritation in his eyes faded, a silence fell upon them, making Clarice a little uneasy, but she sat patiently. Then he spoke saying “I am willing to accept you into Dahlia de Mai as a Subordinate. I hope you will work hard to up your position in our ranks and contribute to the continued health of our pack. Welcome, Clarice.”

Clarice dipped her head in acknowledgment of what he had just said. She couldn't help herself but grin.
then she looked up at Saul and responded "Thank you so very much! I will do the very best i can to help the pack!

Now crossing the border of her new home with feelings of happiness and hope.. things she hasn't felt in a very long time.
end thread here, since Clarice has walked off! your post looks very good too! <33

The female seemed to pick up on the frustrated waves that had previously come off the male. She quietened down, now unwilling to speak for the moment. It was a welcome reprieve from the nervous babble of before. But Saul could see why she wanted to fill the silences- she was so desperate for a home that she couldnt wait to speak her piece. He understood and was willing to be a little tolerant in this case. Saul was a friendly wolf and usually very happy go lucky. But he was also a very traditionalist wolf and he wouldnt stand for rudeness. She seemed to at least understand that she could be quiet now and let the silence grow between them. Of course, this was the moment Saul could finally speak and he accepted her into Dahlia. A dip of the head was the sign that she thanked him, followed by her words.

"Perhaps we could hunt together some day"

He offered as she stepped over into the borders and the lands of Dahlia de Mai. She was now the responsibility of the whole pack and he was free to go back to his duties. A quick dip of his head was given in return before he stretched and padded over. She was free to explore Dahlia land, make a home for herself and do whatever she pleased. He hoped she would be an active and contributing member of Dahlia. It so very needed a few of these right now. A quick trot took him away from the loner turned pack mate, a small smile given in her direction to let her know she was okay.

-exit saul-