New Places, New Faces
[html]

White fur inked by black flowed in the slight breeze. Blue eyes looked upon the world before her in wonder. Black ears flicked, listening for some noise besides the soothing sounds of the river. A she-wolf, by the looks of it, sat on the porch of a cabin long abandoned and left alone. The wolf had been traveling for months, but she had traveled swiftly. This place was... perfect. The female just knew that she'd find some actual wolves here. Not coyotes or jackals or other dogs. She could practically scent them, and her destiny.

Layla was born a dog in a city dubbed Toronto by the humans. When she was little, her mother would tell her stories of their ancestors. They were great inspiring tales of a brave, proud, and wild race. How she had wished she had been born in an actual wolf pack! Her litter mates would laugh and shake their heads as she practiced howling to the moon. One day, Layla decided she would join them. She'd look like one, act like one, be one of them. With the help of oak galls and beets, Layla dyed her fur. That night, Layla slipped away.

Layla closed her eyes and rested her skull on the long black stockings she had given herself. Her studs glistened in the light. Her earrings were the only thing she had kept from her past. Even the scent of her pack had even left, leaving her unmarked. How difficult it had been for Layla to stay in her secui form. She missed her Optime body. The height, her hands, the ease of lying on one's back and stare at the sky. Despite the discomfort, secui was the way to travel fast. Now she drifted as she rested here on the porch of a quaint little cabin, wondering to herself how long until she found one? An honest-to-god wolf?

EDIT:// OOPS! Sorry, I meant to post a short OOC comment about the place. Since she doesnt know where the heck she is, I didn't state, but she's in Musquodoboit Valley. Dx A-And I just realized it's closer to Anathema than Dahlia de Mai... -.-

Walk like this.
"Talk like this."
[/html]
[html]

I'm assuming this is Damp woods, and I've never joined a thread with another wolf with me before so, to both of you Honey and Vyx, forgive me! It'll be a few posts before they meet! Also, Next time Vyx can you include the time, weather, and area when starting please? I'm a little lost so I'm going to set it up as I go along<3<3

It had been a while since Siku left the borders of Dahlia de Mai, the alabaster she-wolf too distracted with the pack life to venture out. Usually the woman was in and out of the borders daily, poking around every corner in search of anything unseen to her golden eyes. She would come home to patrol at night, have a look around or to see her best friend after days of no contact. It was a crazy schedule to be kept, caught between exploring and being part of a pack. If it wasn't for a certain Dahlian, the white ball of energy might even have disbanded and moved on from the world of 'Souls. Yet to her surprise, Siku made the biggest commitment she could and actually moved into a house. Not just a house, but one that Saul Stormbringer had built from the ground up just for the two of them. At first she was nervous to be living indoors, but Siku found it rather nice. Saul was upset over their lack of furniture, but reassurance left them both content to sleep together on the floor just as happily. There was always time to fix up the place. It had been days since Siku officially became room mates with her best friend, and the wolf was beginning to get used to it.

It was their fifth morning inside the house, and Siku was sleeping soundly. Saul had made a room just for the alabaster princess, and she expressed her excitement to have her own living space at the time. A whole box of space in the world, built for her! But as she curled up on the floor to sleep, she found that sleep did not come easy. There was no sound at all, and though it should have brought sleep quickly, it bothered Siku. Glancing up at the ceiling, there were no stars to count and shape. She was in lupus form, rolling about on the floor and curling into herself for comfort. After hours of rolling about, the young woman gave up and lifted herself up with the intention of locating her best friend. Trying to be quiet, the she-wolf crept up to Saul and curled up next to him without a sound. She would do so every night; insisting on sleeping alone but always ending up next to Saul. He was her calm, her safety. Beside his warm body she always found that the good dreams came easily.

This morning was no different than any other, Siku's golden eyes opening only to rest on Saul as he dozed peacefully next to her. She never asked if she could enter his room at night, but he was so kind. Siku doubted he would ever deny her company. Snuggling a little closer, Siku laid with her head in her paws as she thought. She thought about many things; food, their house, Saul. Exploring. Though Saul was very dear to her, the white woman could not fight the urge to leave right at that moment. The sun glinted in through his window, and the she-wolf could sense today was a good day. Good day to explore. Her mind nagged at her, urging her to leave. Just for a little while. Siku's mind battled itself for awhile, and she began to seriously consider going for another trip outside the borders. Golden eyes slid back to Saul, and then the white woman closed her eyes again to welcome slumber once more. Better to sleep than tempt herself into leaving the handsome male alone. She would wait for him to wake, and discover her next to him once again. Then she would ask him to come with her. Eastward sounded good to the woman as she began to drift, imagining their future travels. She had not gone East yet. There was the scent of other packs that drove her away, but perhaps Saul knew of land in the east that was still neutral.

<style>
.moonbird-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.moonbird {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.moonbird b {color:#5c3c77; font-weight:bold;}
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#848488; background-image:url(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8168/souls77.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a3a7b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; no worries crystalee, im sure Vyx wont mind! <333

He'd been independent for five days now and he was loving it. Despite the fact that he had no furniture and basically nothing in his house, he was the most happy he'd ever been. He was concerned for Gideon and the injuries he'd sustained from an unknown source. He was tempted to seek the black brother out and see if there was anything he could do to treat his brothers ageing wounds. They had been made a month ago at least and at least one infection had taken over the cuts. The earthern hued man had been outraged that his brother had been injured at first and his outrage about his brothers injuries was linging in his body. He might not have anything in his house but he had his best friend.

The best friend that had managed to sneek into his bedroom every night they'd stayed in the house. Five nights of going to sleep alone and five mornings of waking up with the white goddess beside him. The first morning he had been startled but he'd refrained from saying anything. Mostly because he was more than grateful for the warmth she gave to him and the comfort she represented. He usually woke up before her, too ingrained in his ways of waking early and expelling energy through his morning run. Siku had been confused at first by his impulsive behaviour, the compulsion to run in the mornings too great to be embarrassed by what his best friend might think of him. The behaviour had continued, Siku creeping into his room and curling up beside him until her warmth was missed when he went to sleep.

This morning was no different from the last four. The first morning light seeped through the window, instantly casting him awake. In his lupus form his was large and his sinuous body stretched out. The healthy weight of a body pressed against his made him smile as he rendered a yawn. Without thinking about it he moved his head round, resting his head over the top of her neck horizontally in an awkward embrace. Like sordid and secret lovers they were quiet in the morning until Saul's compulsion to run left him with an apologetic face and a faster than normal exit from their house. Siku seemed to understand but Saul was never too sure. This morning the compulsion hadnt gotten too bad and he was enjoying the mornings groggy haze as he hugged up against her. His tail swished round to encase most of her body before he spoke.

"Morning Siku... What are we going to do today?"

He questioned with a soft grin on his lips. He felt the need to run twitching his legs and he wondered if he might entice the white female to come with him on a morning run. Perhaps even out of Dahlia's borders this time.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]
[html]

Short so they can hurry their bums eastward Smile <33

Just as Siku began to drift back to sleep, she felt Saul rest his head on her in an embrace. Still a little lazy, all the petite she-wolf did was shift the back of her body slightly so she could rest closer to him. He was always so warm, and she slept so soundly that she rarely woke up when he left in the morning. Where he went, she didn't question. All wolves had their own routines, and Saul's seemed important to him. The woman was just grateful that he let her stay close at night, and when she woke in the morning was when she was most energetic. She would simply leave the empty room and search for him happily. However, as Saul stayed and wrapped his tail around her the woman was pleasantly surprised. What are we going to do today? He asked, his voice soft in her ears. One round ear twitched as she thought for a moment, wondering what to say. He hadn't left to do things the moment he woke this time. Siku did not question, only enjoyed the fact that they would wake up together and do whatever she wanted. Siku immediately sat up, looking down at Saul.

"Let's go! Let's just go, and run, and maybe hunt together! I want to go.." Siku stood to go look out the window, reminding herself which way was East. Figuring it out, she turned to Saul and pointed east. "That way! I have a feeling we will discover something GREAT. Also, I've never been east." She smiled at Saul as she walked up to him again, licking the side of his face to urge him into getting up too. "Let's go," Siku was more hyper than ever, and it was Saul's first time seeing her wake. She was possibly the biggest morning person he would ever meet, hopping around impatiently now. "Right now!" Growing energy for the possibilities of the day lit up the woman's face with a childlike excitement.

<style>
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#848488; background-image:url(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8168/souls77.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a3a7b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; yeah, feel free to kick me in the face when i lag behind! <333

Having never really been in the building when Siku properly woke up, Saul was unprepared for the hyperactive response to the morning. Still a little groggy, her sitting up came as a bit of a surprise. Warm body ripped away from him he gave a groan before opening sleep filled green eyes. He felt the familiar anxiety rise in him and the need to get out of the house and into the stream to wash away the previous days grease and dirt from his pelt. But it would look strange if he suddenly leapt up and out. So he forced himself down, ears pinning back against his head at her hyperactive words. She really was a wild fire in the morning. A chuckle escaped him as he sat up, stretching his muscled body out with a yawn to top it off.

"Okay, we'll go east. And maybe pick up some breakfast on the way."

He agreed, standing now and stretching again. She was all nervous energy in the morning and it wasnt long before she'd ushered him out the door. Saul's leg came up to playfully bat at her face, tugging softly on her ear as he pranced towards the stream. There was no reason not to have a bath. The timber male dived in, rolling and cleaning himself. It took only five minutes but he could tell she was getting impatiant. With a chuckle, the pair took off at a fast running pace- both of them eager to stretch their muscles and get out to the 'east'. They entered the neutral lands after a while and Saul slowed to a more comfortable pace. They should be looking for something to eat. Footsteps became soft and Saul glanced over towards Siku with a smile on his lips.

"Come on, Oh Mighty Hunter! Show me your moves!"

He teased with a playful swipe to her legs as if to try and trip her over. When he was unsuccessful he quietened down, lungs taking in deep breaths of air to try and find some breakfast for the two of them.

word count;; 348

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

Apologies, been a hectic weekend- town festival & drama. My brother erased this post first time I wrote the draft ><

Siku's lean body stretched out for a quiet few moments before she ushered the man out their door, nipping him in the hind leg after he nipped at her ear. As Saul headed for the stream, Siku bolted past him and splashed into the water with an excited shriek. After a few minutes of frolicking in the water and splashing Saul in his business, Siku became cold and crept out of the water to shake herself. Golden eyes turned back to her friend to fidn that he was still cleaning himself, almost compulsive in his routine. Tilting her head to the side, Siku sat down and watched for a bit. "Hurry up, I'm starving," She cooed, not really minding but none the less impatient to move. Saul seemed to react instantly, his strong legs just as ready to be worked as hers were. Both wolves heading east, Siku ran and ran alongside her companion until she felt him slow. Nose pointed to the air, Siku could tell they were in neutral land. What laid North as well as South, the white Dahlian couldn't be sure. Never having met any other packs, she definitely felt a lot better having Saul around.

"We should start hunting for extra meat.. Not now, but later." Siku's golden eyes settled on Saul, hoping green would meet her eyes as she became seriously concerned. "The day we moved in.. Conor didn't look too good, neither did Gideon. I feel like I haven't done anything for Dahlia." Siku's slender nose pointed downwards as she sighed, "I feel like-" Suddenly ears twitched as Siku stopped, nose turning up to the air as she felt her fur rise in anticipation. She could smell something not too far off, hear it. One golden eye peered at Saul as she contemplated how to do this. Should she bolt for it or tell him? Choosing to catch the prey off guard, Siku whispered softly; "Later" Meaning, she would voice her concerns after the hunt was followed through. Almost soundless as she bounded off, the she-wolf gracefully looped in and out of trees as she pursued what she hoped was an easy breakfast.

<style>
</style>
[/html]