`Run if you Intend to S.urvive
For the Beast is coming to Life

Moonlight spilled out over the expanse of forest, shining ever so slightly through the thick canopy of leaves still intact despite the cold weather and onto the forest floor in various splotches and patches. Snow still frosted over the soft dirt in some places, but it was no problem for the russian who found herself stalking quarry with ease. Her midnight coat was thick with her secui form, but her scars along the scruff of her neck and fore-legs were still fairly prominent- though not as eye-catching as the giant criss-cross scar over her chest and the four claw marks raked over her right eye. Emerald eyes flecked with navy were concentrated on the few deer who were up an about, scraping at the ground and looking for anything to satisfy their appetite. They were oblivious to the large wolf not 10 yards away, even with their keen sense of smell and hearing- but then again, you wouldn't expect anything less from the former fighter. Muscles coiled as the fae crouched, holding her position next to the large tree whos shadow she'd been hiding in, careful eyes still trained on the three deer. All three were fairly small, but they would satisfy the females needs for food. Ears swiveled forward, lips peeling back over large canine teeth as her jaw parted slightly- seething out a white cloud of hot breath before she launched herself forward with an amazing speed. Paws pounded quietly on the soft dirt, but the initial kick-off for her sprint was enough of a noise to alert the prey to their danger.

It was a flurry of tawny and ebony hairs, darting in zig zags and bounding in every which direction- figures blurred with the speed. The only sound was the pounding of hooves and a quiet snarling, but a loud crash soon filled the air followed by a series of bleats. The large wolf had lunged, her large secui form easily taking over the weaker form of the doe. She stood over the animal with a sick smile of satisfaction on her lips, one large paw set on the deer's shoulder to keep it pinned before jaws lashed out quick as lightning- finding themselves latched easily into the animals throat, bringing an end to it's thrashing and calls. It didn't take the female long to start enjoying her meal, the meat still warm and enjoyable on a cool night such as this. The other two deer were still a ways off, watching with ears perked forward as if to make sure the wolf wouldn't turn on them before they finally turned their backs, tails up and revealing their white undersides as they bounded off- leaving the beast to enjoy the meal. Alone.

The female was large, only about the size of a smaller bear, but still big enough to easily be mistaken for one. The female was known as 'Unconquerable Vengeance' in her homeland, though in this new land it has been translated to Nakita Mistslav. It was easy to see why the large russian wolf was named, and if one were to look back into her history in the dog-fights, they'd see the picture perfect title. She was built for solitary life- the side-effects of having been trained to do nothing but fight at even the first glance of another wolf. No pack would accept a member who has a 90% risk of attacking anybody at any given time, so a life alone was what the fae was condemned to. Tonight, though, she actually stopped eating for a bit and looked around- as if she'd like some company. In a way, she wouldn't mind having someone to talk to... given that they could either run faster than her or be able to defend themselves long enough for her to get control over her habits. As she looked out into the darkness surrounding her she lifted her blood-stained jaws to the moon, giving out a deep bass howl that echoed off the trees.
+3

Ookami was in the area when he heard the howl. His ears perked up and his head cocked to the side. He could use some company. He was in the woods, why he did not know. It was very unlike Ookami to be traveling during the dark night. His setting seemed to sink into him and he burst off into a quick run, running in the directioin the howl came from. He was intended on escaping this prison of trees. He whimpered slightly, seeing a shadow in the corner of his eye. He shut them tight, only to open them a few seconds later. He skidded to a halt, nearly crashing into a tree. He couldn't help but laugh as he turned back to the way he was headed.

He was calmer now, walking slowly to the other wolf. The sceant of fresh meat hit his nose and his stomach let out a deep grumble. He groaned. He hadn't realized how hungry he had been. He thrust his head into the air, trying to locate which direction the sceant was coming from. He had been going the right way. The wolf that let out the howl was probably the source of this good smelling, fresh meat. He licked his lips and picked up his pace a bit.

Soon the wolf came into view. He stopped, not exactly knowing how to introduce himself. There in the corner of his eye a shadow skitted across the ground. Ookami snarled loudly at it and it seemed to run in the direction of the wolf. He bared his teeth at the shadow, growling again. His golden eyes shone through the dark area and his coat let off a light glow. The shadow was now beside the wolf. Did this wolf see it too? Or was he imagening this? He snarled once more before the shadow dissapeared and he was left with an angry look on his face.
The russian fae hadn't needed to wait long before the sound of paw-steps reached her large ears. She brought herself up to her fours, head held tall as she watched the darkness and waited for the other to find her. The sound of laughter came across the wind, ever so faint that she thought it was only her imagination, but soon the image of a white pelt came to view. She couldn't help as a grin spread across her maw, but as the male suddenly drew his attention to something to his left, she immediately followed his gaze, fur already starting to stand stark straight as her tail shot up into the air. She could see it- the shadowed creatures suddenly making a mad dash towards her in an effort to escape after having been startled by the males snarl. She looked closer, her own growl forming deep in her chest as what looked to be some kind of rodent froze as it took in the barrier that had suddenly become visible to it. She lifted a paw, contemplating on stomping on it, but it dashed away again, out of sight of the two beasts.

She watched it disappear into the night, emerald orbs narrowed for a bit longer before she let her face fall into a look of what seemed to be happiness- drawing her attention to the male before her. The expression on his face made the female only laugh a bit. "You are not a fan of mice?" she asked, almost poking a bit of fun at him and seeming almost normal for the moment. She licked her chops, looking back down at her kill and then back up to the male. "I am Nakita. Can I interest you in some food?" she asked, her accent lacing her voice as she tilted her head slightly, ears perked towards the male as she used her raised paw to nudge the deer towards him. "It's fresh." she added on, stepping around to the side of the carcass and plopping her rear down onto the ground. It would seem strange to see a wolf offering it's kill up so freely to another who had just arrived- much less, to someone it didn't know. Nakita was a strange wolf though, one who could be conversing with you fine one second, and then the next fighting her inner urge to go at your throat. She watched the male curiously, eyes alight with a small bit of glee. "You are?" she asked lastly, slowly lying herself down as she took in his actions.
When the female laughed his facial expression turned to a slight confusion, before it turned neutral. Her question made him feel stupid and he shook his head. His voice was a little shaky for he was still spooked, "I don't like shadows." The end of his sentence nearly turned into a snarl but he held it in. As she introduced herself he dipped his head, "Hello Nakita, I am Ookami." She asked if he wanted food and before he could answer, his stomach let out a loud growl, "I guess that answers that question!" He laughed easily and walked over to the food. He dipped his head again as a thanks before he ate his fill.

When he was finished he licked his lips and wiped his muzzle with his paw. He didn't want any blood or anything to stain his golden and white fur. "Thank you." He gave a friendly smile as he wiped his muzzle once again. He looked around and not seeing any shadows but the ones from him and the female he took a deep breath and willed himself to calm down. It was not like him to be out and about at night... especially in the woods.
The male laughed so easily, and seemed so comfortable around her- despite her rather startling appearance. Most who had seen her tended to steer clear or be overly submissive and cautious. His answers made her grin, his laugh made her feel welcomed. As he introduced himself, nakita tilted her head slightly. Mouthing the name to herself, she was almost startled when the answer to her next question came from a snarl, but from his stomach. She laughed with him a bit before he came and ate what he wanted, taking a place near her as he cleaned his muzzle, all the while her green and blue flecked orbs trained on him- just watching.

As he made a swift glance-over of the immediate area, she gave a slight laugh. "Do not like the shadows, or do not like what may be hiding in them? The two are always mixed up with eachother all of the time." she spoke, letting her eyes drift up to the moon with a smile on her maw. It was usually things like herself that creatures feared lurked in the shadows. Eventually, her eyes drifted back down to appraise the male, smile fading to a more dulled tone. "But regardless... if you are afraid of the shadows... why come out at night when that is all you can see? The only reason I do not travel in the day is because I am... most unusual." she started, letting her head slowly rest on her paws as she kept eye contact. "I have been known... on countless occasions... to attack for no reason. It is in my instinct, though. I was made for the purpose of a fighting ring in my home country. Most people do not know this of me- and they usually stay away because my scars scare them. I do not see how they can be blamed." she paused, smile crossing her maw again. "If I saw an animal twice my size with many scars, I would stay clear too." she finally finished, letting her eyes droop half- closed but her ears swiveled to pick up on the male movements and speech.
Ookami was yet to really examine the wolfess. He didn't really focus too much on appearence, for his had always been quite startaling. When he finally did get a good look at the female she was large. Large like he was. He was currently in his Lupas form where his shoulder reached a height of four feet and Nakita wasn't much smaller. He smiled, maybe someone could share his discomfort with their size.. It wasn't exactly a discomfort.. more like awareness.

Her question made him think.. he nodded his head, "I think it's both." He spoke a simple answer, still wondering about the question. He chuckled at her next question, "That is a very good question, though I don't hold an answer for it. And what is so unusual about you?" He cocked his head, looking at her, not noticing whatever it was that made her unusual. When she spoke of it he nodded his head, "I understand. The past seems to always get in the way in the future.." He paused, listning to the rest of her story, he nodded again, "I too have scars. Although my coat hides my scars, but I have many. I am quite large too, if my coat were to reveal my scars then I probably wouldn't have made as many friends. But true friends are the ones who love you regardless of what you look like." He spoke thoughtfully. He plopped down on the ground with a small smile, the moon shone above but still it was not enough light for his comfort.