Broken Leader
[html]
WC: 318
OOC: This is the evening of the 22nd of March, and Shaw is in Secui form ^^

He was in great pain. He couldn’t feel his face, and he could only see the red from his blood that had crusted over his eye where he’d been scratched badly, he had little strength and he was still in his Secui form. His pain was too great to change now. He hated himself, but he chased away that coyote bastard... the one who he was sure killed his son, but for some reason... he didn’t think it was true now. Shaw sighed as he pulled himself into the town. He had so many bites and scratches he didn’t know if he would be left scarless. His left ear was a tattered mess, his eye had been nearly gouged out, his shoulder had a deep gash, and his neck would not bee the same, as it had many puncture holes from the bastard trying to get a killing bite on him. There were various other hurts, but shaw couldn’t count them, he could barely put any pressure on his right paw, he wasn’t sure if it was because of another wound made, or if it was broken. Whatever the case he was headed home, where he hoped his mate would be. He knew she could patch him up and he’d felt he couldn’t go to anyone else anyway, he didn’t trust anyone at this moment, except Sky. He stumbled up the porch and scratched at the door.

Sky, please be home...

He gasped as he scratched a few more times, his whole body drooped in a slight defeat. He’d been able to chase the coyote away, yet he sustained such bad injuries. It was almost too much for the big man. He didn’t want anyone to see him like this, their leader, beaten and weakened, so hope came that Sky would get to the door and get him in before anyone spotted him.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.skyk b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a543a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.skyk p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyk {width:400px;border:1px solid #524b4b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/sky.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-color:#abb5be;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#524b4b;}
</style>

Poor Sky. She wants that co-rank, but getting it by mending her mate and best friend!? Gyah.

That morning had been hell to her. The porch had been a mess, but luckily someone had agreed to clean it whilst Sky worked on barricading her entire house in case of another attack. She had no doubt in her mind that if there was a murderer in the area, she'd end up having patients soon enough. There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that she'd ever let one of her patients end up worse off leaving than arriving. Not a chance.

Now she was inside, installing yet another deadbolt lock onto her bedroom door. It was almost done; she'd managed to install new locks on the front and back doors, two each, and the guest room had a nifty new lock on it as well. Girl was going way overboard with this, but to her, no precaution was too careful.

It was barely audible over her grumbling at the screws that refused to go in. The tiny 'sktch sktch' downstairs. Somehow, though, something told her to go down and check it out. At first she thought it was Casper... but as a second glance proved, she'd been wrong. The growing goat was curled up on her bed, sound asleep. If not him... than....

But why would Shawchert scratch at the door? He usually knocked if he forgot his key, and in this case, she couldn't remember if she'd locked the new deadbolt or not. Darting downstairs, she yelped a quick 'hold on, coming' and checked the window. Sure enough, there was her beloved...

...half dead on her porch. "Shawchert!" The frantic worry and surprise in her voice was drowned out by the scuffling and sliding across wooden floors as she dashed to open up and get him inside. After some angry tripping and falling, she managed to get to the door, swing it open and grab up his face, ice-blue eyes wide with fear and concern.

"Oh sweet mercy, what the fuck happened!?" Her voice was kept low, but the pitch was higher out of strain to keep from yelling or snarling. She couldn't help the whine that escaped, though, as she looked over his worst wounds on his face and neck alone. "Good lord, Shawchert... get inside, you're going to bleed to death, you stupid male. In. Now." Resorting to being sarcastic and angry rather than afraid and panicked was probably a new habit to her, but it had become her main defense against losing control of a situation.

She moved over beside him and gave him a gentle push. "Go over and lay down beside the fire. I'll get my medical kit from the back room. Not a word out of you until I say you're allowed to speak. Your throat and face... I need to make sure nothing's broken." As soon as the leader were to step inside, she'd close and lock the door, and then as quickly as she came, she was gone, hunting down her supplies. All of them.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 328
OOC: Permission for some pp :3

Sky’s reaction was just as he expected it to be, though words were a bit different, but he would live with that at least. His love ordered him inside and he did not hesitate, the cool air was buring his sores, and he wanted no one to see him... NO one. He didn’t speak though, his throat was way too raw. He limped over to the spot she told him to, the fire making him feel more secure, he had remembered he forgot his keys here as he heard her locking the bolts, so he’d have to knock anyway. He sighed as he lay down the most comfortable way he could. So Kesho didn’t do it, and he’d attacked him, though Kesho had provoked him, and the attack was mutual. Shaw didn’t like him one bit any way, a slight grumble followed by a whine, something he rarely used unless in deep pain came from his throat. His encrusted eye was closed now, as it was hard just to keep his eyelids open where the blood crusted over, he was just happy he could still see out of it. his side and, throat.. legs... everything hurt. He waited and listened for his mate to come and help him. He was glad she was there. if she wasn’t well he’d probably end up dying. His pack was in great danger and now he could only lay down. He was after the animal that had killed his pup, and found someone else who may have made it much harder for him to get his prey now. Stupid everything he wanted to say something, but knowing Sky would have another moment he kept his mouth shut, muttering to himself was not going to help anyway. She would take care of him, and he’d be able to be out and about in no time, to find the murderous animal that had gotten his son killed, and rampaged the outside of his house.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.skyk {width:400px;border:1px solid #524b4b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/sky.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-color:#abb5be;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#524b4b;}
</style>

The Doctor is in. PP Approved?

Sky came back to find him following instructions, laying still by the fire's heat... and bleeding out all over her poor floor. Carrying the various kits in her arms, she let out a sigh at the sight. As worried as she was about her beloved mate, she also wanted to scold him for messing her floor up for the second time since he'd moved in. First the storm, now this. Oi.

"Okay, I need you to hold still, Love." She muttered as she came over, kneeling infront of him and setting everything down. First, she cleaned her hands in some sort of clear solution, probably disinfectant or something, and then she reached forward, carefully taking his cheeks in her hands. "I'm going to check to make sure your jaw and cheek bones aren't broken. You're moving, so your neck and spine are fine..."

She went over her notes in her head, gently pressing her fingers against various parts of his face, watching carefully for reactions and avoiding areas with deep cuts best as she could.

"Good news is," She forced a small smile as she leaned back, reaching over and snagging up some gauze. "You've managed to get out of this without any breaks in your face, so you can talk. I'm going to bandage up your serious wounds, and as I do, I want you to tell me where it hurts the most." She'd get to that eye as she came back to his face. For now, she shuffled over to his legs, dragging the kit with her. Shawchert would just have to bear it as she cleaned and wrapped his wounds, muttering about how she'd have to stitch some of the deeper gashes before the night was through.

[/html]
[html]
WC:310
OOC: Erf sorry for the wait had lots of others to catch up on ;;

He felt safer, and more secure when she walked in. Shaw let her take his head in her care, not resisting when she poked and prodded him, though some areas hurt, he was sure she was doing it more to help than punishment. He knew she was having a fit in her head about her floor. His blood was washing into the floor and he couldn’t help but feel guilty about it, but at least it wasn’t as free flowing as it had been when he first started out. It felt like she was taking forever when she finally told him nothing in his jaw or throat was broken or damaged. Shawchert uttered a sigh of relief... but she wasn’t done yet. She told him to let her know where it hurt the most and he did, though not by talking. A man like him was use to talk, but right now he had no words...nothing to express the defeat he felt, though he had been the one to technically chase the stupid man out, but he was still... upset it had not been the murderer. He had wasted his energy on some trespasser wanna be. he pulled back a few times on accident knowing he’ll get reprimanded, but the pain and torture he was causing himself right at that moment was tremendous. After a while, he spoke.

I think this will not be the last of my wounds... it was not the murderer... it was that stupid Coyote... the man tried trespassing again...

He winced and had to stop a few times as she was still cleaning him and it hurt, he had to suppress a cry by biting hard on his own teeth. It would not do to be weak now. He had to be strong for the pack and for himself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Wait? Nah, no wait. That didn't take long at all. :3

Sky listened with a hum every now and then as he spoke, not liking how his voice came out in short bursts. A coyote did this to him? Nasty fellow that must've been. She frowned at the thought; she'd seen her sister maim and maul coyotes in the past. Their family had always had a thing against the scrawny canines, though she didn't see why. Maybe they had tempers or hidden strengths or something? Did that explain why Shawchert was as hurt as he was? Whatever.

She moved up from his body, legs and torso to see to his face, especially that eye. Humming softly in a thoughtful way, she reached forward and shushed him. "I'm going to clean and wrap your eye, love. This will hurt. A lot." No point in sugarcoating it; if he wanted to be so big and tough, she'd let him. "I don't care how much you want to, no biting me. I'll bite back if you do." She smirked at him, a drowned expression compared to the usual thing, and then went about tending to that nasty eye.

The cleaning solution went on first, stinging and biting at the wound as if it were made of some seriously strong acid. Next came the gauze padding, which she tenderly placed over the entire eye. She wrapped it tightly (not too tightly, though) with some more wraps, and finished off her work. It was time to stitch up what was left, but she had to get him to stay absolutely still for it.

"Your condition is bad, hon. I can't give you any pain killers yet. I say this as a warning; you have a gash or two that need stitches, and stitches hurt like a bitch to get. I need you to keep as still as you can, and forgive me; I really don't like hurting you." Her sweet tone was dropped, accent gone completely as she took on a deadly serious tone. She had to make sure he understood what she had to do. "If I don't do this now, you'll lose even more blood than you already have. I don't have the sort of things needed for a blood transfusion, which means you'd run a huge risk of falling into a coma, or worse... dying. You're already in risk of going into shock, and that's bad enough."

She frowned then, stern and looking him dead in the eye. "I don't care how much you want to be strong right now. Don't hold back if you need to cry out. Doing that makes you tense up and if I'm stitching your wounds, that'll mess up the stitches and you'll end up worse off than before." She leaned forward, voice finally holding that sweet hue to it again. Planting a small, tender kiss on his nose, she sighed. "Stop being the alpha around me. I'm not tending to my leader, I'm tending to my mate, who's supposed to be himself and not some public image. Just relax and bear with me on this one, 'kay?"

[/html]
[html]
WC: 238
OOC: :3 poor shaw gonna have to take painnnnnn

Shawchert was glad that Sky didn’t sugar coat anything. It didn’t make it less painful but it gave him an idea of what was to come. Yes a warning was good for him, though he wasn’t sure if she was laying it on much. She was talking yes and explaining what he needed to do. All he could do was nod. Right now he needed to be fixed up and he trusted his mate to help him with this. He trusted that she would do what she could to give him the less pain possible, though she was wrong about one thing, he was sure she enjoyed causing him pain, though he doubted the type of paind she’d be giving him now, but he would work with her, he would ingrain what she said to him in his head so that he wouldn ot be tempted to move in the middle of her stitching and ruin it.

Go ahead love. I’m … I’m ready.

He said. He knew she was right, that he wasn’t the leader in her home, in her work area, and especially while she was working, but he had to make sure that even she saw him as strong when it came down to it. He took many deep breaths before he really felt ready for this though and waited for her to start, knowing he’d most definitely scream like a little baby when she put the needle in him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Omnom.

Each and every stitch was extremely painful. Girl honestly had no intentions of hurting her beloved mate more than needed, but sometimes things had to happen. She hushed him as she began, starting with the legs and moving up. When the final stitch was in and tight, she slipped the needle into the baggy that would later be disposed of and shifted to sit indian style infront of him. She took his head in her arms again, shuffled closer to have him resting his head in her lap.

"I want you to stay in this form for at least four hours, hon. Changing would only open your wounds, and we'd have to start all over." Sky ran her hands through his fur, carefully avoiding his wounds. "I'm all done for now though. Move as little as possible, though; I don't want you hurting yourself." She bent over and nuzzled his ear gently, sighing. "Now, without working yourself into a frenzy, tell me what happened, why and tell me if you want the fucker mauled. I have people who can help with that." Primarily, her sister. Yes.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 257
OOC: <3

He thought there must have been one too many stitches as she moved through each of his wounds. His screams in the house could have been depicted as some kind of torture. It just made his eye hurt even more opening his mouth, not to mention the various wounds in his neck that Kesho had ripped into. When she finally finished he relaxed weakly. He listened to her speak, finally shaking his head.

“This was more pack business than anything love.... I had a run in with the same man... though this time i thought he was also the murderer.”

He swore at himself yet again for using whatever energy he had on Kesho rather than the one that ha actually killed inside his pack. He was defending it though, and defending his own honor and respect he deserved.

“No need to go looking for another fight though, he’s not here anymore. He didn’t do it... I wasted much of my energy on him... for nothing.”

He had to admit he was much more angry at himself than he was at Kesho. He’d been trespassing of course, but Shaw had made the mistake of assumption. Something he had learned a long time not to do... except he reverted and made the assumption that Kesho had been the murderer. It was a perfect thought. The man had nothing but hate for Shaw since the day they met. He looked at the fired. Feeling he disappointed himself, his pack and Sky.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Oh look, Sky has a plan.

"I don't think it was for nothing, Shawchert." Again, she ran her fingers through his fur, scratching lightly behind his ear where there were no wounds. "You were doing your job. That mangy mutt isn't about to come back around here if he's smart." She smiled softly, sighing. "As for the killer... we'll find him." Her soothing pets continued despite the topic, her voice still soft and sweet.

"He's bound to turn up sooner or later. We'll check the house, see if we can find his scent on anything. I tried to get one off of the heads, but I couldn't get anything other than my own scent and the blood. I'm thinking maybe we can try the walls outside. As long as it doesn't rain, we should be able to find something to go off."

Sky wanted this killer found just as much as Shawchert; killing pups and chasing off a packmate? Despite the hardships she'd shared with Orin in the past, Sky had just started to warm up to her mate's extended family. Now that she was gone, the area seemed so much less friendly. Walks seemed less worth it. Dangerous, even. "...when we find the guy, and things are safe again... I'll personally go to each and every pack to find her. She's bound to be around here somewhere." Sky paused when she realized she'd been speaking aloud, then smiled.

"Orin, I mean. I don't mind the chance to get away from the pack. I'm going to need some time alone after all of this if I'm ever going to be sane again." She smiled, sticking out her tongue cutely. "You should stay with the pack, though." That smile faded, though it lingered in her eyes. "They're going to need their leaders after this is over. I'm used to the trips loners take. It won't be long before Orin and I are home again, dragging your daughters with us."

[/html]
[html]
WC: 439
OOC: poor shaw man ; ; if you want we can end here or you can post and end :3

Shawchert enjoyed her hands soothing his every fiber of touch. Though it hurt in some places he chose to ignore it. To have that soothing touch and hear her calm voice, he knew she was sad for what had happened, though her anger would grow again once he moved and reminded her of the blood he dripped on the floor, but for now he was sure it would be worth it. He listened as she spoke. He shook his head.

Only pack smells are on the wall, too many come to visit, and not one smell is stronger than the other, but our own... whoever it is... is a part of the pack.

He said. He already knew this now, but the dread of actually saying this it was hard to admit.

I won’t rest until i find out who it is, but there is no proof, i cannot go around looking for a fight from every member of the pack. They are bound to either stop or slip up... though i don’t want another dead... I hope the bastard slips up.

Shawchert said. He wanted the revenge he’d been wanting since he saw the blank look in his son’s face. He rubbed the bracer that was still on his wrist, thinking of his poor pup. His paw rested on the other, almost holding onto that bracer, though he had no hands right now...At her offer of looking he smiled.

I need to look too, we all do, she was a great part of our pack... I let her down Sky, I was not there to protect her, or the pups...

He could understand her need to do this and he knew if he didn’t allow her to she’d just ignore him anyway. So he could silently nod. Yes it was possible many of them would need to be alone after all this was said and done. Him included, but that wasn’t going to happen. Shawchert would have to be the leader, he couldn’t hide himself in his rooms like his pack mates could.

I do hope you guys don’t have to drag the girls at all...

His little titania and Juliet. They were too young to travel and one had been sick... He sighed, not wanting to move away from the fire... for multiple reasons.

I think I need a little rest now love. That beating... took me for a loop.

He said quietly, but he wasn’t able to keep his eyes open for a response.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

End the thread on this post? Sky's stubborn.

Sky furrowed her brows as he spoke on, ears pinning back. As he told her that she wouldn't be searching alone, something inside of her rebelled against the idea. That rogue's instinct was still alive, if a bit dorment inside of the girl. This was something she needed to do on her own, and he wasn't about to stop her. "Shawchert..." Her ears picked up on his breathing as it fell into a soft pattern, if a bit strained; he'd fallen asleep. Still, stroking his fur, she made sure her opinion was voiced.

"I realize how much you want to find her, how much you want the pack to search for her together... you need to understand, though, that this is something I have to do on my own. If I ever want to feel at home here again after this, I need to find her, and the girls, and bring them home myself. I can do it... you've got... you've gotta let me do this."

Her voice died away near the end, cracking much like her exterior suddenly did, calmness dying away into mourning. For the first time since the whole frenzy of stress and fear had started, since the first killing, Sky suddenly doubled over with him and cried silently. She mourned her sons, she mourned the loss of Shawchert's son, and the girls' absense. Everything had gone to hell...

...and all she could do was sit back and hope for the best. With that horrible feeling of pride and stubborn will mixed together with guilt and helpless fear, the tiny hybrid cried herself to sleep, still curled with her future mate on the stains his blood left in her floor.

[/html]