God left yesterday, but I remain
[html]
Thread Information
Date: March 26

Setting: Hill of Graves

Time: Early evening, fading light. Windyyyy.

Character Form: Optime
[/html]
[html]
Joining
Character Name: Orin Takekuro, currently in disguise as Desdemona Moonsong

Character Birthdate: March 24, 2009

Wolf/Luperci: Luperci Ortus

E-mail: nuki@solacerp.net

AIM: OrinTakekuro
[/html]

[html]

WC 600+

Demons danced in the darkness that closed in on the exhausted woman. One more step and she would collapse, but with such precious cargo bundled and held so tightly in her arms, she could not allow herself the respite that fainting would afford. Instead, when she realized that every muscle screamed with the burning desire to surrender, the woman simply stopped walking and stared blankly at the impossible sight around her.

The woman had no idea where she was. She wandered aimlessly for days after the horrific events that unraveled the life that she once loved. Everything had been so perfect, but it had all come crashing down with one unforgiving stroke of fate's hideous claw. In barely the span of a day, one of her children had been murdered and during her flight from from the hellion's presence she had fallen into the clutches of a monster that had taken control of her body. She had done what he wanted, succumbing to the violent act with little fight, afraid that the devil would discover the hiding place of her infant daughters and end their short lives. The only thing the wolfess was thankful for anymore was that he had not found them; or if he had seen them, had no want for their lives. Her son had not fared as well at the hands of the murderer, Argul.

Now it was as though fate was walking her path, just a step ahead and twice as cunning, guiding the stupid woman into its terrible game. For in the moment that she felt the most weak – in body and in mind – she now also found herself surrounded by the symbol of death. Just before she became still, the woman slipped through the frost-deadened trees and stumbled upon an old cemetery. In the fading light of evening the old, crumbling gravestones cast terrible sidelong shadows, many with great, terrible claws reaching out silently for her and her children. She gasped at the sight and her breath caught in her chest. The beating of her heart thrummed in her ears, and for a long moment the woman was stark still until finally a small sound broke through the walls of her fear.

It was the soft, gentle sound of her daughter. The small gray pup squirmed in the bundle of furs next to her sister. She was growing restless and hungry. The other pup was silent but awake, and probably hungry too. Yet in the weeks she spent aimlessly wandering and without a pack, Orin found sustenance in short supply, and now her body was having a difficult time producing the valuable milk needed to keep her children alive. They required food more frequently now, and the creamy-white child that had been ill at birth now seemed even weaker. She feared for the lives of her fragile daughters.

Yet she was helpless. There was nothing more that she could do for them. Devils stalked her, looming just off in the shadows and threatening to come steal her body again or to her babes from her arms. Not even the disguise she wore would protect her; not even the mud-stains that now littered her pelt and caked in her matted hair could keep the demons from knowing her true identity, and even behind the mask painted over her eyes they would find her. Instead, though, they conspired with Fate to let the woman and her daughters waste away in empty, chilled loneliness.

The woman sagged, her head dropping down to press gently into the bundle in her arms, and a grievous wail oozed from her. Despite her coaxing, she could not force her thin form to take even one more step forward. She could not care for her daughters; they would die.

Her arms tightened around the bundled pups as the woman fell to her knees. The unforgiving wind whipped through the graveyard and battered her kneeling form. Flurries tried to shove her to the ground, to the place where she, too, would give in and die. She was down, eyes squeezed shut, but she fought against the invisible imps that tugged at her hair and coaxed her to surrender.

<style>
.desde_skull .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.desde_skull p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.desde_skull b {color:#ab4c76; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.desde_skull {background-color:#170c04; background-image:url(http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/103/desdeskull.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #ebdbc1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a39098; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
wc 778

There had been a wary shyness of the outside world ever since her encounter with the black beast who called himself Lucifer. There had once been a side of the Djose woman who saw more than the rumors of a drunken terror. Had there been a glimmer of hope in those sapphire eyes before he turned rancid on her? Tala wasn't even sure anymore. All the small woman knew what that the black man was one of the few people she detested. What he did to women, what he had done to her have no excuse, the man would not be tolerated by anyone in this pack. Jefferson had forbid him from the lands and now Tala was without a doubt going to stand right behind her elder leader and fight the monster teeth and claw. There was a monster among this world, and he called himself a wolf. He had caused her to fear being outside alone for a few days but Tala needed to be strong, for her pack and most definitely for herself as a person. He did not break her kind, soft soul as much as he had hoped too. Tala was not a fighter, but she would not sit around and let such vile creatures roam these lands freely. Not a day longer.

No longer would she fear the outside either. Tala had gotten herself back together as quickly as she could in her lonely state. The closest member of this pack she had had simply vanished, he had left with no sign as to why. Tala had missed her brotherly figure immensely but now was one of the few times she truly needed his shoulder to cry on. Her dear friend was nowhere to be found and the ashen fae felt never more alone than she had recently. Yes, she had friends here who she loved dearly but none of them she felt as safe with as her handless grey friend. Where had he gone? She just hoped he would return soon. Tala had yet to talk to a soul about what had happened and how her body had been drugged and used like it was nothing more than a tool. Those were words to be kept quiet, select few would hear such things from her own lips. Without her friend to spill her heart to, Tala did the one thing she had been comfortable with her entire life. She ran.

Running the territory was something that kept her mind occupied, a tree here was familiar, a rock there unmoved and the scents of the wolves she called her family still lingered around every turn. A least this was still here, all of it. Despite the storm which seemed so old now, the lands were still Phoenix Valley. This was still her home. The falling sun was causing lingering shadows to grow in size, the moon growing bright and prominent above her head with stars peeking from clouds to scatter behind the grey and white in a dance ever changing in the steps. The same hill here, the cemetery there.....wait. This wind was not one she recognized. A scent brief on her nose caused the Optime form the the Sevant to halt in her tracks, an ashen body turned with a curious, wary look upon every feature. There was a stranger in the cemetery. Lately, having wanderers in the land had been vile, terrorizing. This scent however.....it lingered with fear and a femininity. Tala had no choice, her instincts made her move forward, if this was indeed a woman who was as she smelled...Tala needed to investigate this.

Her small feet carried her through snow and wind, the darkening sky threatening to shut the scent away from sight. No, Tala would get there far sooner than the sun could hide. Her quick feet and small frame moved over familiar hills, everything seemed in order.....that was until a frame came into view that startled the woman to the point where she had to do a double take. The woman was not what was a surprise, it was the whimpering bundle in her arm. This woman had puppies with her? Oh, how terrible. "Excuse me miss, are you alright?" Tala used a polite tone and kept a respectful distance from the brown and white woman as her amber eyes inspected her for injury or harm. Nothing she could see with her eyes, that was a good sign. If the woman was a mother, being outside at such a time with such young pups was dangerous. Surely, she had a story, Tala wanted to hear it, if she got the chance.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
Word Count:: 500+
ooc:: My externship is over so things should be quicker from here on out! <3

A less distressed Luperci would have known she crossed into a pack's lands. Orin, however, was unaware of her trespass. Perhaps if she realized she was upon the borders of Phoenix Valley she would still have crossed, seeking sanctuary and refuge in the peaceful pack's homelands. A mother with as much cause for paranoia as her should have known that she moved into claimed territory, but it was also understandable that an exhausted woman like herself had little awareness of her surroundings. She was dehydrated, malnourished, and feeble. All around her the shadows became haunts and the wind was devilkin tugging at her hair. She did not even know someone else was nearby – someone other than the haunts that tortured her – until she heard the concerned voice as it whisked across the graveyard.

Her clenched eyes darted open and almost bugged as she jerked her head up, golden gaze shooting across the cemetery to peer at the slate shaded woman that materialized before her. What did she say? Orin stared at her dubiously and remained stark still for a long, awkward moment, until finally the words the woman spoke penetrated her hazy mind. Are you alright...? They words... Were they like his? Was this another devil manifested before her, come to do her more harm? No. Even this abused, strung-out woman could detect the genuine lilt in the woman's words. Still, if she was here, who else could be lurking around them?

Puffy, bloodshot eyes scanned the graveyard. In one sweeping glimpse she saw nothing. Yet beneath that, in the shadows, she saw every evil she had ever known. Did something else stalk this ground, or was it just her bruised imagination?

It was a chore to force her eyes to turn back to the woman before her. Somehow, there was enough sanity left within the broken woman to keep from screaming and running from the first thing that might offer her help in a long time. The urge to flee was fierce, and for a moment she was unsure if it was trust for the stranger that kept her still, or if it was just her utter exhaustion.

Finally, after long, peculiar seconds had passed since the Valley woman's inquiry, Orin's glassy eyes met the deep liquid amber of Tala's, and she shook her head fiercely. All at once crying out with a strength she did not know she still possessed. “No! I am not alright!” If the gray woman before her was a con artist, here to trick her into admitting her vulnerability and then taking the last precious thing from her world, Orin would have fallen right into her trap. “I'm not alright.” She said again as she again dropped her head and buried her face into the bundle in her arms.

“Evil follows me,” she said through a suffocating sob. “It has taken one of my babies, and it teases me. I am the mouse at the cat's mercy, and it toys with me. I just need to keep my angels safe... but it's taken away my ability to even be a mother... to keep them alive... they're weak because I'm weak.” Tears sopped into her cheeks and into the two small faces that peeked out of the bundle in her arms. The pups were alive, but under the cover of their despairing mother it was difficult to determine their health.

table by alaine
<style>
.desdemonax01-table {background-color:#000634;border:1px solid black;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:12px;color:#425564;letter-spacing:.4px;word-spacing:.4px;line-height:16px;width:400px;text-align:justify;background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:10px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... demona.png);margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;}
.desdemonax01-extra {padding:0px;padding-left:15px;}
.desdemonax01-inner {border:none;margin:0px auto;background-color:transparent;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ona2-1.png);background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;font-size:10px;color:#9cc9f0;margin:80px 0px 10px 0px;width:90%;text-align:justify;padding:10px;}
.desdemonax01-inner p {text-indent:10px;}
.desdemonax01-inner b {color:#e1e2dd;}
.desdemonax01-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]
wc 683

The winter at this stage in the transformation from winter to spring still left a cold and bitter sting throughout most days and most definitely throughout each night. The snow was still on the ground despite the lessening of actual snowfall, the sky may be clear some days but the cold was only more bitter when the clouds were not around to trap the heat onto the earth. This was not the time to be lingering around in the night's hours alone, not as a full grown being and most definitely not with puppies of any age. The night would not be kind to any of the three woman, the pups would get the worst of it, they would be cold, damp, scared and hungry. The wind was too bitter to fetch them out to feed them. Tala was not a mother and she was capable of figuring that one out. This was the worst possible season to be wondering around in this condition, especially so close to the swamp that could easily claim her life with the wrong steps. No, Tala would not allow even the thought to occur, let alone the actual happening.

The eyes before her were wandering as if the actuality of Tala's being there was a mirage. The Savant was left feeling so clueless as to what to do. Help her, yes, of course she was going to help her but that didn't mean she was just going to (or able to) just swoop down there and bring the mother and her whelps to safety. This woman looked so scared, so alone right now that Tala was afraid to cross the line to send her over the edge and further into her personal hell. No, she didn't want to do that at all. If only she knew just what to do. Damn her and her lack of social skills.

The voice in return to her inquiry shattered her heart. Oh poor soul, Tala could tell a broken woman when she heard one. Her question had been stupid, yes, but she had still asked it as a buffer. Oh, she just needed to help her, ease her back to being able to care for her children like she wished too. To stop that voice from breaking her heart every time it spoke. "I'm so sorry, please, let me help you." Her voice was barely a whisper as the Djose woman stepped closer to the brown and white stranger. Knees bent to kneel next to the mother as a hand extended to grab at her had with the most gentle of touch she could muster. "I live in a church, I would help you there to be warm and to eat if you'll allow me. I promise, I won't hurt you." Hurting this poor woman was the last thing she could ever even think of doing. Tala would try to ride a unicorn over the moon before she even thought about laying a finger on this foreigner and her young.

She had to believe her when she said she was not ill in intent. This was only to help her, and her children, her angels as she had called them. "I know you don't know me, and you may not trust me but I swear on my life and title as subleader of these lands I will do everything I can to help you, miss." Her words were genuine. True, and her promise was to be held at full seriousness.

Tala reached out to try and ease the woman to her feet, offering her body to be used as a crutch. Tala would not try and touch the puppies, that was a step too far. If she had lost a puppy as she claimed, she would no doubt be so fearful to lose another. Please, just trust her, if only for the night and no more. Tala would be shattered if the woman refused. There was no way Tala would let her freeze to death, starve or loose even one more hair on her puppies heads. It just wasn't happening.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
Word Count:: 500+
ooc Feel free to have them reach/enter the church or any other little bits of PP that might accompany that.

The first instinct of many who had suffered as she had would be to recoil in terror and fear as the woman approached, but this stranger remained still as the ashen woman approached. She knew the woman came near, she could hear her move despite the roaring whip of the wind that raced unforgiving through the cemetery. The words of hope echoed through the chill dusk... Let me help you. Slowly, she lifted her head again and turned her gaze once more onto Tala, catching the concern that lined every facet of the woman's features. There was no moment of panic, no yelp at her closeness. Instead, Orin stared at her, dazed.

Then the woman's hand reached out so carefully, so gently, and laid on her with a kindness that, for a moment, chased away the darkness that stalked her. Her heart tripped and for a moment Orin remembered a ripple of who she once was.

“Church?” The fear and grief left her visage, replaced by curiosity and confusion. A church... the word, the thought brought up images of the great chapels she had read about, the published photographs she had seen in the books in the store she had abandoned. Most importantly, it brought up the word... “Sanctuary.” The word formed but Orin hardly realized she had said it, so focused on the idea of a great steeple in which she and her children could be safe. After all, that is what happened in the books... Those seeking refuge came to the doors of these mighty houses of worship and appealed to the priests for sanctuary.

Finally coming to, Orin nodded so vigorously it was as though her head might bob right off of her neck. She glanced around the graveyard once more, then brought her gaze to rest on the woman. “Yes, please,” she spoke urgently. “Can we go now?” Despite her request it was clear Tala already meant business, that the woman was already prepared to guide her to refuge. Nevermore did Orin dream up the images of the devils and demons that she was so sure were following her. This seraph would see her to shelter.

The angelic woman only served to solidify Orin's sudden and fervent faith in her when she spoke her oath as she gently urged her from the ground. The splotched wolfess was weak and the momentary respite had only served to chill her muscles and stiffen her legs. It was a chore to even gather herself from the ground and she relied greatly on Tala's assistance. Luckily, she was short as a hare and thin as a waif, and helping her along would be little burden on a healthy Luperci like Tala.

Orin hardly noticed when they were finally walking, stunned as she was. She looked back and forth from Tala to her babies, and occasionally her wide eyes would peer behind them, searching for other tracks or shadows. She saw it all, too, as she had this whole time. Tracks pursued, footsteps whispered around them, shades shifted at their sides. But now their threat was gone; there was an angel at her side. “Thank you,” she whispered at first, and then swallowed hard. When she started again, her voice was louder but not much more forceful. Her golden eyes peered ahead, eagerly awaiting the sight of the shrine. “Thank you for helping us. I couldn't... I couldn't take one more step alone. What... where am I? What lands are these?”

table by alaine
<style>
.desdemonax01-table {background-color:#000634;border:1px solid black;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:12px;color:#425564;letter-spacing:.4px;word-spacing:.4px;line-height:16px;width:400px;text-align:justify;background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:10px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... demona.png);margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;}
.desdemonax01-inner {border:none;margin:0px auto;background-color:transparent;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ona2-1.png);background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;font-size:10px;color:#9cc9f0;margin:80px 0px 10px 0px;width:90%;text-align:justify;padding:10px;}
.desdemonax01-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
wc 501

Tala could not lie when she said she was expecting some sort of a struggle from the earthy woman. The state she was in would have put Tala into a state of absolute fear and panic if she was the one laying on the ground with endangered puppies. Tala was not one to handle stressful situations well when it involved others. Tala was too used to working things out on her own still be be cool and collected like a leader should be. Maybe if she was too shocked and tired to feel the overly powerful waves of emotion... then she could possibly handle it? Maybe, she didn't really want to find out.

Fear melted as Tala mentioned the words of help, church and promise. This little event caused the cement that was churning in the base of her stomach to lighten just a fraction to the point where Tala did not feel like she was blind, deaf and dumb trying to help a screaming woman out of the sky. Finally a glimmer that she was doing something right. After all that had been happening to her lately, finding this woman here with her children meant something, it meant that through all of her pain she could still help someone who was worse off than her. She felt like she had something to work for now, someone else to think about when she was alone at night rather than her own depressed self.

"Yes, we can go right now."
Arriving to the small stone church Tala looked up through the night's darkness to see the smoke rising from the chimney. Good, the coals were still burning. That would mean it was still warm, that was a good sign, and it made things so much easier. Tala eased the stranger through the church door, into the main hall and just off to the left to ease her up the stairs and into the attic like upper level which Tala resided. There was her bed(which was a nest like figure of pillows and blankets rather than a bed), all her items such as books and her mirror. This place was warm, safe. "You can sleep in my bed, I'd like to offer that to you. I'll fetch you some warm stew and set out some cleaner blankets for the pups." Setting the woman to the ground on the blankets Tala was off. Running down wooden stairs with light thuds she was gone for hardly a minute before running up with a bowl of steaming stew in one hand and fresh blankets in the other. Tala was afraid she didn't have much to offer. This upset her.

"Would you like some water too?" The raspy voice inquired as she set the items down upon the floor for the woman before backing off a few steps to let her breathe. Tala could sleep in her Lupus form on the floor rather than likewise in the bed tonight. She would be happiest that way.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
Word Count:: 800+

The thick trace of an old woodfire suddenly filled the atmosphere and enveloped the pair, it's soothing scent flooding Orin with promises of warmth, safety, and shelter. Just a moment after she detected the lingering scent of the waning fire the silhouette of the church appeared before them, and soon the women were at the threshold. This place of salvation was a shadowed blot against the darkening sky, but to Orin it was carved from gold. Despite her wonder at having arrived at a church – a place she had never visited before – she did not stop to marvel at it's threshold. Instead she moved inside seamlessly with Tala's guidance.

Within, everything felt like a nightmare turned dream. The mother felt as though she had entered a state of limbo, still too shocked to feel relieved yet no longer experiencing the terror she felt in the graveyard. As she moved through the aisle with Tala, her eyes scanned the long pews, studied the dais, and searched the high, vaulted ceiling. Soon it was all out of view, though, and it was up up up. Up the stairs they went, though here Orin needed Tala's assistance most of all, and leaned on the woman. Her own arms remained clutched to her daughters, and her legs were so worn and weak that she was hardly able to clear one step, let alone an entire staircase. Yet she needn't fear, for the seraph, in her great mercy, helped.

“Oh, I shouldn't take your bed,” she started to protest before taking time to absorb the room they had come to. Despite speaking the words, she knew she would accept if the woman insisted, but if she did not she could arrange the blankets the pups were bundled in into a little mat for them, as she had been doing all along, and slept on the floor herself. Even the floor would be a world of comfort right now. “I'm sure I can figure something out. But yes, I would love some stew. It could even be porridge right now and I'd be happy. I'll make it up to you, work it off, repay you somehow...”

The sight of the room began to register then, as Tala led her over to the nest of pillows and gently eased her down into the pile. Somewhere, in the back of her mind, Orin wondered if they were in the room beneath the parapet she had noticed outside. She was in a dreamy state now as she watched the woman turn and retreat from the room. There was a soft patter as she descended the stairs, and then suddenly Orin was alone again. The angel had left, and now the darkness was creeping back.

She drew the bundle to her breast, tightening her hold on the sleeping puppies within the blanket. She clutched them as much for their protection and comfort as for her own. Nothing's there, Orin... Nothing's there... she tried to reassure herself. Yet all of the reassurances in the world could not stave off the fearful cold sweat that began to mat her fur. She breathed deeply, the breaths mutating into a worried pant.

“M-miss...” she tried to call out, to summon the seraph back to her, but her throat was dry and her voice barely cracked in the silence. Tala was only gone seconds when terror began to wrap its cold tendrils around Orin. She shrank away, making herself as small as possible in the nest of pillows, wrapping herself around her daughters.

Now something was coming, Orin surely heard it... up the steps... a dark shadow in the entryway. “Ahh!!” She screamed, but the cry caught in her throat when she realized that it was only Tala, and not some big bad demon man. She heaved a sigh of relief, and tried to compose herself. The puppies in her lap writhed, now having been woken up by their mother's short yelp. “I'm sorry. I'm just a bit jumpy still, that's all... Hope I didn't startle you. Is that the stew?”

Luscious, inviting scents wafted from the bowl Tala held, and Orin graciously accepted the offering. If her pups could have eaten this type of food she surely would have given it to them frst, but they were still relying on Orin's milk to survive. Orin needed to nourish herself first so her body could finally produce the milk her daughters so desperately needed.

“Yes, I would like some water too. I haven't had much milk for my daughters because I am malnourished. This stew will give my body the strength to start feeding them again soon, but I need to get water into them so they stay hydrated. It's been a long time since their last feeding...” Her voice trailed off with a crackle of grief. She was still afraid she would not be able to produce milk for them. She could only hope.

Orin picked up the bowl of stew and greedily downed it. The sooner it was in her body, the sooner she would begin to produce milk for her babies again. Now if only they could hold on until then.

“But wait, don't leave me again! What if you never came back?”

table by alaine
<style>
</style>
[/html]