J- Someone worth waiting for
Character Birthdate: 11-16-2009
Species: 75% gray wolf, 25% foxhound
Preferred Ark Rank: Singer
A Secondary Form of Contact: thoroughbredmaniac@mail.com
Currently Played Characters: None
How You Found 'Souls: Google Search

Initial Post:

OOC: Sorry if this is short... PS; in optime form!

She had been here in Nova Scotia forever, learning to live by herself, waiting for the perfect chance to make herself noticed. Since she was 5 months old she had lived alone, her parents dead because of some wasting disease and her siblings hating her for her perfection. But she was tired of being herself. She was tired of everything, she realized, as she sauntered casually towards the borders of the friendliest pack she could find.

Once, she had truly been someone worth waiting for. She was still lovely, as beautiful as if Mother Mary had carved her features herself, still a genius, still sweet-tempered, still strong. But she wasn't the innocent little girl she had once been. She had seen too much, known too many stories of violence, been haunted by ghosts of the wolves she had once loved. Sighing, she resumed her walk in the forest, trying to ignore the feeling she was getting. That these were not the best of times.

She yawned, her slender body stretching up to its full height of 5' 7". Having nothing better to do, she started singing, one of the only things that she still knew how to do well.

I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Baby I have been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you.
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

There was a time you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show it to me, do you?
And remember when I moved in with you
The holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Maybe there’s a God above
But all I’ve ever learned from love
Was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you
It’s not a cry you can hear at night
It’s not somebody who has seen the light
It’s a cold and it’s a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did, well really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

It wasn't a song suited for her to sing, she knew, but it was the only song that expressed her feelings well enough for a stranger to know who she was.
[html]
WC: 334
OOC: Sorry this might be a pretty down therad. There is a major plot going on, so hopefully it won't scare you away.

Shawchert was not a happy camper. He had found many things wrong with life itself, and soon he found himself and his pack in the midst of murders that were beyond the man's controls. His own son had been one of them. He was getting closer to the one who did it, finding the man had left some of his scent... it was familiar but... not. He knew it was not one of his long standing members, but which one he wasn't sure of. He did not smell him in the pack meeting, and there were many of them that did not join in on the meeting. He was patrolling the borders when he heard it. A sweet voice singing out in the distance. Shawchert headed towards the sound. It was lovely, though in his own opinion not as nice as Sky's but she was also his mate to be, he would have no choice but to think that. He found who was singing and stopped, listening to the song as she finished up. In a way it lightened his mood.

You sing very beautifully. My name is Shawchert, I am the leader of Cercatori d' Arte.

He indicated his borders to her. He looked over at her curious.

What brings you to my borders?

His voice was gruff, but not accusing. He was cautious though, as he still did not forget everything going on. Though he forgot one thing. His height tended to be very intimidating, and he was doing nothing to diminish it. He was over eight feet tall so he did tower over the woman herself. He stood silent as a ghost as he waited for her to answer. Normally he was happy or he would have played his flute along with her, but these days life was not going so well for him as he had lost his children, his friend, and he was afraid for his pack.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
OOC: I know Smile I read a few recent threads (yes I am a stalker JK) and that's probably why I decided to join this pack.

Arwen had not expected someone to come so soon, as she sensed something bad had happened not long ago. She had noticed the gigantic male listening to her singing long before she stopped. After she finished her song, her alto voice rising higher and softer until it became almost a soprano, she acknowledged the stranger.

"Thank you. I learned to sing from my travels to New Brunswick, where I met a strange amnesic gypsy wolfdog. She was my best friend for months until I was attacked by a clan of vicious coyotes and forced to leave. I came back to Nova Scotia about a month ago, hoping to join a pack."

The male's sad expression told her that what she suspected was true, that this was a tragic place full of unknown things. Half a year ago, she would have felt scared, but that was not the case now. She was not the little girl running at other wolves' heels like she often did before; she was the proud young woman who was wise beyond her years. The weeks traveling, running from foes, spying on other wolves, listening to canines plotting in the middle of the night had made her stronger as well as someone to be feared. She stood up taller, prouder, and turned her full attention to the male.

Arwen sighed. "I may not have much to offer you, as I see you are sad, but I'll tell you a secret. I'm a spy. I've been spying ever since I left my old pack, making sure nobody was plotting against me or my friends, and I have the ability to 'charmspeak' people. That is, to sweet-talk them into telling me the truth. When that's not effective, I lurk in the shadows and listen to people muttering to themselves, or look into their eyes and infer the things that are not spoken. I offer you my services."
[html]
WC: 328
OOC: oh shaw is VERY interested in spies now XD

It hurt to hear that she wanted to join. She seemed like a wonderful wolf, but how could he let someone join now with everything that was going on in his pack. It would be like asking her to get her head up on one of those stands the second she walked in. It seemed that the killer had an affinity for puppies, but he had also attacked Valinta and left her to die so no one was safe. She spoke of how she came to be looking for a pack and her skills. This made Shaw raise his ears. A spy in his pack, someone who could help him keep an eye on things. Maybe she could be useful after all, though he had this whole ordeal cleared out... well almost... he would be glad to have someone there in case something more happened later on. Then they could prevent murders as well as possible.

“I must say you have... risen my hopes a bit. Though there is one thing. My pack has been a major part of a few murders recently... I’m afraid that it’s not very safe at the moment. I have an idea of who the killer is, but I do not want to risk more lives.”

He said, calmly and coolly. He had to play this the right way, he didn’t want to lose someone who might prove to be valuable. He cleared his throat.

“I thought you might want to know before making it official. I do not want you coming in blindly not knowing what you’re getting into.”

He added, then fell silent watching her face to see what she would say. He hated saying something like this about his pack, and he was afraid of it falling apart. He would do anything to keep it together. His grief was even put aside. Looking for Orin was put aside. For the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
OOC: Yay!

Now she was no longer unsure whether or not she would be a good addition for the pack. She wanted to be caught up in the middle of suspense, in the middle of terror, because she always knew she could help. Although she was not a violent wolf and bloodshed made her sick, she, as an impenetrable mystery herself, knew much of these happenings. She had smelled blood long ago, smelled the stench of dying things, and known. These were dark times. And with that realization, she knew that she might be one of the only ones who could help.

"I know there have been murders. Or at least, I inferred, and I know now that I have inferred correctly; a few days ago, I felt the stench of blood and death, and then I knew."

She was lost in thought, her amber eyes looking far beyond reality, and she finally fully realized what she was going into. And that she might never escape unscathed. But she loved the feeling of adrenaline coursing through her body as she leaped through the forest, hiding behind the trees, listening to things she was never meant to know. It made her apathetic to whether she lived or died. Actually, it was what she lived for; without it, her life would be meaningless. So she would agree to be bound to the pack which she was about to enter. And she would never turn back, never be scared, never become a coward for all she was worth. She bowed her head.

"I'm not afraid of death. Never will be. I've been so near to it more than once, and it has only made me stronger. In reality, death is my old friend, and it has spared me for a reason."
[html]
OOC: we can end with your post and you can start up other threads if you would like Smile Just remember not to join in a thread before the date of your joining ^^

As she spoke he looked her up and down mostly to see what kind of wolf she was. It was hard for his right eye was still nearly shut from the fight he had with Kesho many days before. He was healing though... thankfully. He had to thank Sky for that. He could see the wolf before him seemed to be a brave woman and he thought... yes a good addition to the pack. It might even make his members feel better about the whole ordeal, then again it could be a feeling that she was intruding on their privacy... but he had not turned anyone down and she seemed like an able wolf.
Well then I welcome you to Cercatori d’ Arte, your voice alone would be something for the pack to behold. I would offer you a tour, but my fiance would have a problem

He said ruefully, but indicated she could cross the borders now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

OOC: M'kay, thanks! You're awesome!

Arwen, after closer examination of the huge male, noticed something else. That he was injured, and had probably been in a fight recently, maybe with the 'murderer'. Hmmm... maybe that meant something. Well, even if the scandal was drawing to a close, that wasn't a problem to her, as long as she didn't have to sit around doing nothing for months. She smiled, her small mouth curving upwards like a cat's, and raised her eyes.

"Thanks so much. I really appreciate it, I'm so tired of always having to do everything for myself, by myself, and without anyone to talk to. I'm usually not trusted easily because I don't look, well, normal, but really, all I ever want to do is help."

People really were slow to trust her, but for mostly superficial reasons. She had to admit that she looked like one of those crazy scandalous pretty girls who were used to getting everything she wanted. But she wasn't one of them, in fact, she was far from it. She had learned from herself not to judge people by their looks, and she was more intellect than anything else. Being small, she had learned to plan her entourages carefully, not to overlook any detail, to use her head, and if she got into a fight, to hold her own then flee. She couldn't afford even one step in the wrong direction. It could easily cost her her life, or even worse, the lives of those she cared about and were committed to.

"Oh, it's completely fine if you can't give me a tour. I don't need one anyway, I'm familiar with the climate and terrain of this place, as I've spent about 5 months of my life here. Besides, I care more about the people here than the place itself, although that too is wonderful."

She slowly, hesitantly, stepped across the borders, marking a new era in her life.