When everything's made to be broken...
[html]

Gotham's such a nerd. I'll edit this into being mature if things turn out as planned.

Maybe exploring could've waited until the summer months. Maybe Gotham should've chosen a better place to explore than another pack's territory boundries. Maybe Inferni wasn't the best choice when it came to which pack's territory he'd decided to visit. Maybe he should've stayed home.

...but where was the fun in that? Staying home meant dealing with his over protective sisters and mother. Staying in his own territory meant dealing with his sudden affections towards his cousin, Aro. Sticking around the house meant chores and pack duties, things the young adult really didn't want to deal with right now. It meant boredom, and boredom was something he had far too much of. Boredom, and stress.

He needed to relax, kick back, maybe light up a smoke and just find some stranger's company. Maybe he'd find himself some interesting bug to examine, or a piece of prey to munch. There was plenty to do outside of the territory, as he'd learned during his travels. It was all a matter of finding the right place and keeping the right state of mind.

So why the hell had he picked the Coyote-friendly pack to visit? They hated wolves, didn't they? He saw no true reason to shy away from the idea, but his instincts told him that this idea of his was dangerous. Even as he wandered directly onto the border, he felt his heart thudding with anticipation. Would someone find him? Would he meet one of this Inferni members? Hadn't he met one before, or was that Coyote just a random encounter, and not a member from another pack?

Coyotes were cute, he'd learned. They had those big ears and tiny builds, and the few Coyotes he'd met had been curious creatures with interesting personalities unlike any wolf. Their scent was different, their fur rougher to the touch. Forbidden territory for wolves to venture into, and it left the ever curious Gotham to wonder why. Why had their ancestors hated eachother so much? Why did some luperci of either origin still keep this ancient fire lit? He had to find out somehow... but the boy was patient.

He sat his ass down on a rock nearby, perfectly fine with waiting for someone to come along. Inferni checked their borders often, right? He had his leather jacket on over a long-sleeved tee and some cargos. His winter coat was still thick. The cool spring air wouldn't effect him as he waited. He had no worries there. Still, it might be nice to have something happe- wait, what was that? Was that a spider?

Twisting in his seat, boy looked up at the low-hanging branch beside him, in awe at the sight of it. A beautiful specimen! Grin forming wide on his face, Gotham knew he'd found something to keep him entertained until someone happened upon him. He began mapping out what species of spider the poor thing was, wondering what brought it out so early in the season.

<style type="text/css">
.gmagpie b {font-weight:bold; color:#1B3231; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.gmagpie-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.gmagpie p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.gmagpie {margin:0 auto; width:466px; background-color:#879E8B; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... iegoth.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #445D51; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#566D5D; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.gmagpie-line1 {width:306px; border-bottom:1px solid #445D51; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 507

He's in Optime, right? :o Here, have my longest post in a while! xD

She'd spent the morning practicing her sewing and tanning skills, working dutifully on some leather clothing. Sage had gotten quite good at sewing together simple, thin, plain leather clothes, but now she was working on more complicated things. Her hands practiced her own pattern for a sort of breast strap, with neat embroidered decorations where the breasts might go.

Once she had made a model she was most satisfied with, Sage sat back and admired her work with a gleeful smirk. Finally, something that looks wearable! she thought with a happy sigh, setting down her thick needle and thread. Stealing a glance outside of the cave, she noticed the sun coming in through the entrance, much brighter now than when she'd last looked.

And so, deciding it was late enough in the morning, Sage rose and gathered her things, loading her satchel with drawing tools and plenty of marijuana. Striking a quick match, she rose one joint to her lips and let it rest there, taking hungry draws from it as she headed out the door.

The tanned hippie girl found Lennon quickly, calling him over and mounting him, her bag still about her shoulder. She wore a mid-length, feminine skirt(her own soft leather creation); one whose frayed, feminine ends nearly flew away as she walked. The lack of covering on her legs made the contrast between Lennon's thick, warm hide and the much colder air outside much more noticeable. It was with a slight shiver that the Earth child glanced around before heading out into the Forest of Nod, grasping Lennon's strong mane with one hand; it was her legs that controlled the gentle beast.

Perhaps a half hour and a lovely trot through the sunlit forest later, she neared Inferni's borders. Sage was heading out of Inferni, truth be told, on one of her many small vacations. Her nomadic nature made it difficult to stay in any one place for so long. She'd lately attempted to train herself to stay for longer bouts in Inferni, but her feet still pulled her to wander greatly, even inside of the borders.

Now, though, she rode across the skull-spiked borders only a few feet before she spotted something odd. Something that other Inferni members might take offense to, or even attack for. Sage saw no problem with it, but the wolf was quite close to Inferni land.

She approached slowly on Lennon, though he was sure to be quickly noticed. Yellow eyes narrowed as she tried to see what he was looking at, in such a strangely transfixed state. Her head tilted curiously, and she cleared her throat softly.

"Hello there, just what might you be doing?" she asked, with a bit of a laugh.

The dark stranger looked very odd indeed, and though she did not sense anything rightly violent or dangerous about him, Sage still had to be somewhat cautious. She took another pleasant drag from the joint between her fingers, eyes sliding down to gaze at the handsome young wolf from horseback.

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yup, Optime form. And yes, Gotham seems to have a thing for coyotes. It's the ears, really.

Beyond his day-dreaming state, Gotham heard a slightly distant beat of hooves. He didn't really register it until the rider and her steed approached, and she cleared her voice. His head snapped around, only to cause him a rather painful 'crack' from the sudden movement. He winced, held his neck near the skull and groaned softly. After a moment, and after hearing her question, he lifted his head again, this time slowly, and got in a good look as he spoke.

"Ah, sorry. I was just checking out the area. This is Inferni's border, right?" Boy sounded like a loner from the way he worded it, and that was what he was going for. If they thought him a harmless loner rather than another pack's prince, he'd be safer... right?

Those blue eyes scanned first the horse, than the rider. The stallion was a beautiful sight, despite the obvious size advantage the horse had on the young wolf. Nervous around larger animals, Gotham shuffled his feet a bit in discomfort. Surely, though, if a coyote could ride him, he couldn't be all that feirce.. right?

Then his eyes travelled up to the horse's rider and he felt that discomfort fade away. Yet again, Gotham found himself baffled. Coyotes were already cute, scruffy critters, but the girl before him was pretty aswell, as if she'd stepped out of some sort of book. Her fur was a dusty brown, contrasting lovely golden eyes. Somehow, despite her not being a wolf, Gotham found himself entranced; what an exotic sort of girl, compared to the wolven women of his pack!

He tilted his own head, smiling. "I hope I'm not in any trouble, più bella donna." The boy did note the joint she held in her hand, now fully aware of what that paper meant, thanks to Aro. Being high was an interesting feeling to say the least, and he'd been high twice since meeting his handsome cousin. Now the thought of feeling that weightless contentment was a tempting one.

"My name's Phoenix." Fake name for a fake rank and lifestyle. His pack scent was left behind over his journey here, only a faint lingering of what was once most of his scent. Others scents, such as his own and pine, mixed with frost and soil, far covered over what was left. He'd made sure of it. "Maybe you can tell me your name?"

<style type="text/css">
.gmagpie b {font-weight:bold; color:#1B3231; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.gmagpie-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.gmagpie p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.gmagpie {margin:0 auto; width:466px; background-color:#879E8B; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... iegoth.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #445D51; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#566D5D; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.gmagpie-line1 {width:306px; border-bottom:1px solid #445D51; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 350

Haha. Sage is being all weird in this thread! xD

The dark boy's reply came quickly after a slight groan. "Ah, sorry," he started, "I was just checking out the area. This is Inferni's border, right?" he asked, as if he didn't know where he was.

He hadn't looked lost before, only interested, and Sage's eyes narrowed briefly in wonder. Sometimes, Sage forgot that she wasn't like the rest of Inferni. Sometimes, they influenced her, made her feel more wary of strangers at their borders. Their new Anatheman neighbors weren't the most friendly lot, either, and so Sage had become more alert, recently.

"It is indeed," she responded with a nod.

The tan girl climbed down from Lennon carefully, patting him softly on the side as her feet hit the ground and she strode towards the boy. His head had tilted to one side as hers had, and she allowed her face to melt into another smile as he continued.

"I hope I'm not in any trouble, più bella donna," he said, his charm managing to capture her there for a moment.

Sage scrutinized him gently as he spoke, feeling as though he recognized his face, his body, from somewhere. She'd recently met a woman as shaded as he while visiting Crimson Dreams. The thought lingered that he might have been related to that Italian woman, Savina, but she didn't ask.

She gave a small smile, shaking her head to let him know that he wasn't. After all, she would not punish him for curiosity. Anything beyond that, though, and she would not keep from defending this land that she now belonged to. Sage's fighting skills were lame at best, so she hoped that this would not turn into something of that sort. She'd be better off fleeing and calling for someone more battle-ready, in that case. But for now, the hippie girl shook away those thoughts and put on a friendly face.

"My name's Phoenix." he introduced, "Maybe you can tell me your name?"

"Maybe I can..." she said coyly, smirking as she took another hit. After a several second pause, she added: "It's Sage."

After exhaling a rather large cloud of smoke, and having seen his wayward glance towards the thing in her hand, she held it out to offer it to him. "Would you care for a bit of smoke?"

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

New table! Big Grin Lol, the big bad wolf is afraid of a pony! XD

Gotham Phoenix

Gotham allowed a grin to spread across his face as she eased up from her suspicious glare for the time being, instead opting to grant him a name to call her by, as well as a drag from her 'smoke'. He stood, wearily glancing at her mount, and eased his way beside them. "I'm guessing this is green smoke, not brown smoke." He smirked, accepting the offer and taking a quick inhale. The taste was familiar, but not precisely the same as his previous little greens.

As he exhaled, he handed it back, hiding what could've been the start of a cough. "That's a fast looking horse you're riding. He doesn't bite or nothing, does he?" Once again, Gotham found himself eyeing the beast nervously. Those hooves looked sharp, and that jaw looked as if it had a nasty bite on it. No way in hell he'd be able to get up after a kick from those legs, either. Horses. Ick.

Still, he envied her; Gotham had never been brave enough to overcome his fear of the animals and actually ride one. He wanted to, he desperately wanted to, but the thought of trying to climb up, and losing the ground beneath his feet... it unnerved him in a way not unlike the thought of his mother discovering his crush on Aro.

Or the fact that her baby son occasionally got high with his cousin, and now members of other, possibly enemy, packs. "Beautiful animals, horses, but you won't catch me riding one any time soon... Something about riding on the back of another beast is unsettling." Although he did chance a quick brush of fingers across the stallion's neck, near the shoulders, far away from those teeth.

<style>
.gothamtree p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.gothamtree b {color:#7491a4;}
.gothamtree-b {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.gothamtree-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#7491a4; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.gothamtree-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/20uzcia.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#7491a4;}
.gothamtree-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.3px; font-style:italic; }
.gothamtree {background-color:#17262e; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #7491a4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e7a82; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 479

Sorry for the wait, derp!

The boy seemed tense, most likely intimidated by the large horse she'd ridden in on. Sage knew that she herself did not project such a strong force, but Lennon was a muscular beast. The dark stranger's next question wasn't about that, though, but the smoke.

"I'm guessing this is green smoke, not brown smoke." he questioned with a grin.

Sage's own smile reflected his, and she nodded. "Of course. Green is a better color, after all," she said wistfully, sun-colored eyes watching, bemused, as he took the hit. The boy didn't cough, and she was impressed, gently accepting the joint back from him and taking another happy puff from it.

"That's a fast looking horse you're riding. He doesn't bite or nothing, does he? he asked, finally mentioned the beast she knew he was so concerned with.

Sage couldn't help but laugh; it was mirthful and light, though, and not made to make fun of the boy. "No, no... Even if encouraged, I doubt Lennon would bite someone. He's not one for liking meat, much. Even attached to a handsome body," she said with a vague wink and a grin.

"Beautiful animals, horses, but you won't catch me riding one any time soon... Something about riding on the back of another beast is unsettling." he added, bravely allowing his fingers to run so gently across Lennon's back.

The horse leaned into his hand, accustomed to touch; he enjoyed the attention, and always welcomed more. Large head turned 'round to look at the boy, and he leaned harder, head bobbing towards him.

"Lennon!" she exclaimed jovially in Low Speech, "You're quite the little attention hog, hmm?!" Quietly, the horse whinnied a low, gentle reply: Would you not do the same, given the chance? Sage laughed, replying with a firmly decided, "Of course, you're right, I would."

"He likes you," she said with a grin. Sage knew that this boy was a stranger, but she also knew that her own ability to judge character was perhaps surpassed by Lennon's, and if he liked the boy than no further judgment was needed. Not yet, at least. "Riding them is not so hard, really," she started, letting her own small hand roam the horse's soft pelt as she meandered around him, and the boy named Phoenix. "If you can come to friendly terms with the creature, it's really no more than a relationship. We are each other's company; Lennon is strong enough to carry me easily, and for that, I feed him, provide him friendship." Sage's voice trailed off as she mused to herself; she was really so thankful to have the horse with her on her journeys. They'd been getting quite lonely, after all.

"So," she asked, turning to Phoenix. "What brings you out here? You don't seem any part coyote," she said, smiling. After a pause, she added: "I won't hurt you, you know, though you're lucky it was me greeting you, and not someone else." Sage inhaled another cloud of smoke from the joint, eyebrows raised but lids half-closed, dreamily watching as Lennon continued to try to extract more attention from dark, blue-eyed boy.

<style>
</style>[/html]