Cave Canem
[html]
Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

This takes place on the 26th about Midday. (points for creating an AW)

In Character

Io was, today in Vesper's mindset. This turned her normally frosty personality warm and friendly. Last night the femme and her hybrid son had slept in the guesthouse, however the bi-coloured had not found it one bit homely. Having heard about the caves where some other members made their rest, she headed off immediately. Now stood in the 'doorway' of the most central one she whispered, 'Ahh, home' with a triumphic smile. She had sent Sarajevo away, to fetch there things and after a few trips he was finished. 'Mama! I have gotten everything! A white hand moved it's way over to the boy's grey ears, carressing them lovingly, her attention was soon turned to the job at hand.

'C'mon Sara, we have to sort everything out'[/b]. She gestured to the bottem right corner, 'This will be you work space, for you cages and traps. This will be the sleeping area, the food area, my work area...' she ended slowly, 'We are going to need help... We have so much to do'. She sighed and picked up a bag full of her things and moved deeper into her new home. 'But we will have so much fun!'

<style>
.Freebie002 p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Freebie002 b {color:#eaeaea; text-shadow:#c6c6c6 0px 0px 4px;}
.Freebie002-b {width:404px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; font-family: verdana; font-size:12px;}
.Freebie002-header {font-family:verdana; color:#eaeaea; text-shadow:#c6c6c6 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Freebie002-ooc {font-family:vivian; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Freebie002 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: trebuchet ms; font-size:12px; color:#eaeaea; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:402px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8513/002wb.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

occgoodnessss

Makhesthai was running again in his optime form that he had quickly gotten the hang of, it hadn't taken long for him to no longer associate the shifting with the terror his mother caused him, and he was getting faster more and more, needing less time in between runs. He kept up a steady unwavering pace as he gently circled around and around the general area, practicing turning swiftly and using his environment to aid his run. Fallen logs were used to be pushed off of and clumps of grass were leaped over, eventually and inevitably he ended up steering back towards Grimwell caverns in the middle of Inferni.

He breathed in the musty, dusty familiar scent of Inferni and the caves and sighed happily, the whole area smelled of Kaena, Gabriel and Talitha, people he knew and trusted. As his nose twitched sorting through the scents and unfamiliar one was realised, it did not smell of Inferni so it was not an older member that he had not yet been introduced to but someone newer or an intruder. The coy dog jackbrid padded closer to the large den that sat in the middle of the cave system, it was near to Gabriel's and the scary member known as Hybrid that Makhesthai had not met and really had no lust to meet any time soon, the man was terrifying.

As he approached the cave's entrance he heard voices from within, one feminine and one of a male. He worried with himself for a moment about whether to reveal and introduce himself or simply carry on with his running schedule. His curiosity was too great to be ignored and he approached the cave's entrance and called into it,

"Hello? Who is in there?" The orange scarred one eared pup waited patiently for an answer to his question.

<style type="text/css">
.jace01bfreeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d35b00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.jace01bfreeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b39480; text-align:left;}
.jace01bfreeb1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jace01bfreeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#280100; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... sthai2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #eeeeee; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b39480; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jace01bfreeb1-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.jace01bfreeb1-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #3d1d10; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+
[/html]
[html]

occgoodnessss

Vesper's ears lifted slightly as the newcomer appeared. 'Just me', she called softly. Sarajevo shuffled behind his mothers leg and tried his best to hide, 'Mama' he whispered, burrowing his snout into Vesper's thick leg fur, his thin white fingers playing with her tail. His mother put her hand to his head to comfort him. 'I am Io Berlin, this is Sarajevo. Who might you be?' Vesper asked, her voice still soft. She could feel Io sniggering in the background, but she fought to regain control of their body.

'I'm just moving in' her accented voice added as she bent to pick up a box. Sarajevo, moved away from her and went back to his work desk, keeping his head down in shear anxiety. Sarajevo himself was unscarred, but he could not keep his eyes from the male who seemed as if he was even more scarred than some of the adults he'd seen. He felt afarid to look, so he set to work on a already half made cage.

<style type="text/css">
.Ioafreeb2a b {font-weight:bold; color:#518F00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ioafreeb2a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4d; text-align:center;}
.Ioafreeb2a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Ioafreeb2a {margin:0 auto; width:444px; background-color:#c2c2c3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... reeb02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8cd701; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.Ioafreeb2a-border1 {width:446px; border:1px solid #4c4c4d; margin:0 auto;}
.Ioafreeb2a-line1 {width:410px; border-bottom:1px dotted #676767; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

lol points for joining the AW btw Big Grin + 2

A gentle feminine voice floated down the entrance from the cave, and his one ear perked at its softness. He took several steps inside the cavern and looked around it noting the appearance of them moving in. His eyes fell on the child who was young like himself and his tail wagged of its own accord, he was as far as he knew the only puppy in inferni at the moment although there may be others lurking around that he had not met yet, although his one ear fell slightly as the pup named Sarajevo hurried to hide himself behind the females legs from him, he knew his appearance was horrifying and grotesque. Makhesthai cleared his throat and stepped forwards,

"Welcome to the Inferni clan, Io Berlin and Sarajevo. It's a pleasure to have you join us." Again the boy was using his grown up voice and words. "I am Makhesthai Lykoi, adopted son of Kaena Lykoi. Is there anything that I can assist you with?" Makhesthai watched with abject sadness as the pup made no motions that indicated he would want to play and instead hid himself away in a corner, the scent of fear and anxiety pouring out from the older male.

<style type="text/css">
.jace01bfreeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d35b00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.jace01bfreeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b39480; text-align:left;}
.jace01bfreeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#280100; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... sthai2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #eeeeee; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b39480; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jace01bfreeb1-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #3d1d10; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

occgoodnessss

'Thank you, Makhesthai' Vesper said, forcing Io to the deep, dark pits of her mind. 'If you can help us unpack that would be very welcome'. Srajevo fidgetted on his wooden seat. Vesper lay a hand on his shoulder and turned to the beaten pup, 'Please, do not mind him. He is just... he is frightened of people with scars, I'm sure he will calm down soon though'. Sarajevo looked up and then back down to the half built cage he was constucting. He had let his mother speak for him happily enough, he was not in the mood for speaking when he was frightened.

Sarajevo kept his head down mostly, looking up and then back down again. Soon his curiousity forced it's way out, 'W-w-what happened to you?' He forced his gaze down again, afraid of the answer he would receive. He was deeply intimidated by scarred people, for reasons unknown. Both Io and Vesper supposed it had something to do with an event that happened while the mother and son were apart. Sarajevo was never willing to speak of it however, so she continued to let it lie.

<style type="text/css">
.Ioafreeb2a b {font-weight:bold; color:#518F00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ioafreeb2a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4d; text-align:center;}
.Ioafreeb2a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Ioafreeb2a {margin:0 auto; width:444px; background-color:#c2c2c3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... reeb02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8cd701; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.Ioafreeb2a-border1 {width:446px; border:1px solid #4c4c4d; margin:0 auto;}
.Ioafreeb2a-line1 {width:410px; border-bottom:1px dotted #676767; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

occgoodnessss

The child hybrid nodded his head serenely at her thank you and immediately moved forwards further into the cave den as she asked of his help to unpack their things, scaring her pup more than before, Makhesthai pulled at his torn ear nervously with a paw and appeared to do the same in the empty space over his missing ear as though not realizing it was gone and the space was empty. The woman known as Io spoke for her child, Sarajevo and said he would calm soon enough but Maki despaired causing the child any more distress than was already known, most of his life had been spent in some form of distress and Makhesthai loathed projecting the same onto others.

Sara's question was not unexpected, most everyone wanted to know why his appearance was so hellish and battered and most of them were shocked to find out the answer as to who had damaged him. The pup child opened his mouth as though to speak and stayed in silence for several seconds before he found the right words,

"My birth Moma was a horrible woman and didn't care one bit for me and my littermates, she actively hated us and killed all of them but myself. Her hatred has scarred my body and taken parts of myself." Again his fingers ghosted over the empty space above the sump of his missing ear, the torn one curled over as though it had lost all will to stay upright. The pup's eyes seemed to glaze over as his mind traveled far away to a small den that was badly chosen and could barely be called a den. The child shook his head as though to shake away cobwebs and dust as he came back to the here and now, his eyes now focusing on the woman who was a collie coyote hybrid.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+
[/html]
[html]

Gah, short post, muse has died.

'Oh, I though it was something worse' Sarajevo said softly, turning back to his work, but still speaking, 'My mama takes care of me'. Maybe the little hybrid meant to rub it in, that fact that his mother cared, perhaps he was gaining a viscious cover for himself. He mentally shook his head, no he was a nice boy and that was what his Mama taught him.

'Thats horrible' the woman stated softly. Vesper had slipped away since she had last spoke and now Io was the only one present. 'If I was you I would have fought back, but I suppose you were a little too young to do any damage, huh?' She picked up a box full of ingrediants and equipment and moved them to her work area, placing the cooking pot and other fire related things to the corner by the door, and the ingrediants futher in the cae to prevent them getting damaged.

'How long have you been here?' Io asked, it was polite to ask but it was not if it affected her.

<style type="text/css">
.grassblack_07 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.grassblack_07 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.grassblack_07 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.grassblack_07 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3305/grassblack.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
The pup eyed the older Sarajevo critically with his blue eyes trying to decide whether the male was mocking him with his words, Makhesthai's muzzle wrinkled just a little with the child's annoyance before he settled on a barely frosty speech, "Lucky for you, I hope nothing happens to stop that." His ear twisted around to face onto the other male and then switched to the doggish looking woman along with his sapphire orbs. "With all due respect Ma'am, it's pretty hard to fight back when you are blind and deaf as well as weak." The boy child smiled although there was no hint of warmth in the facial gesture.

The coybrid move restlessly and reached down to scratch at his ankle, his scars stretched with his movement, pale skin where fur no longer grew through toughened hide.

[b]"About two months, not that long in the time of lives, but for me its a long time. Which things are you wanting me to help with?"[/color] The boy crossed his arms and moved his gaze to encompass both Io and Sarajevo
Sarajevo nodded genericly and turned back to his work. He was getting older now, perhaps this was his personality changing. Whatever it was he decided it was kind of fun. His mother put a hand to his shoulder and whispered something in his ear, giving him a dark smile.

Io turned to the boy, a quick nod aimed his way, 'Yes, as I thought'. She picked up a box full of clothes and thought for a moment. 'Just grab the boxes with my cooking things in. Put them in that corner. The woman move the box she was carring over to her bed, a small yet sturdy thing, found in halifax.

'So I assume Inferni has treated you as well as it has treat myself?' She expected nothing else from her new home. Already she had been impressed by the clan and had already began to take pride in her pack.

'I suppose after you've helped I should give you a reward' Io looked around, 'I'm afarid I don't have much with me, but if you ever want a cooked meal you know where my cave is'. Her eyes darted towards Sarajevo, 'I'm sure if you like, Sarajevo could craft you a cage trap, I have no doubt you'll be joining the warrior ranks when your older'. She smiled softly before turning around to see what else needed doing.
300+

Makhesthai watched mother and son interact with each other and was once again reminded that his own, wherever she was currently stalking, hated him and wished for his death most preferably at her own hands. His brothers and sister had been weaker than himself and so had died, murdered by her claws and teeth leaving him alone to face the wrath of their evil mother. The pup picked up the boxes that Miss Io Berlin asked of him and moved them to the required place

The question was acknowledged with a twist of his ear in her direction as the pup moved the boxes to the corner, Inferni is my home, they accept me here, that is enough for me. At least here I don't have to worry about a homicidal female trying to kill me." He was loyal to Inferni and was setting up towards walking the path of become utterly devoted, Inferni had provided him a home when he was left out in the cold by the very person who should have protected him, as much as the child did not wish to think of these things they were a constant battering against his mind always circling.

'I suppose after you've helped I should give you a reward' The boy looked up in surprise; he had not offered his help for a reward or incentive and he said so,

"You do not have to give me any reward, I helped you because I wanted to not because I wished to gain things from you..." The hybrid paused for a second before continuing, "But thank you for offering, I have never before eaten a meal cooked by fire, I used to live off of mice and insects when under the care of my mother." the word 'mother' was spat like poison from his lips but his gratitude showed in his eyes that then shifted onto Sarajevo, his voice aimed at the older boy now instead of the woman,

"If it would be no trouble, lessons in making those traps would be appreciated." Makhesthai was still stuck into the routine of politeness and respect foisted onto him by the red hell demon female and the formality in his voice bothered the orangey pup slightly
[html]

300+

The little scarred boy seemed happy in his new home, though if Io wasn't able to read into his words so much, he would have almost seemed sad. Though she couldn't blame him. No mother should treat their child so badly. A little hypocritical perhaps, seeing as the majority of her children had died.

A soft chuckle escaped the hybrid woman, 'I doubt the wolves round here agree with you', she joked, picking up a pot and scraping of a spot of dirt with her long black nails. 'But I suppose for us coyote breds, it's a haven from all the unworthy'. Again hypocritical, seeing as Io had slept with many a wolf to get by in life. But that was business, she would never truly love a wolf again after Iven, and that had only been a whirlwind romance, doomed to end.

Io shrugged, 'I was not assuming that, I was stating help does not come unrewarded. If you refuse to dine with me, then Sarajevo will definately be happy enough to show you how he works'. Silver eyes fell on Sarajevo, who looked at his half built cage and then up to his mother, then over to Makhesthai. 'I guess I could show you' he said shrugging. The boy wasn't as socially awkward as he came across, but he had only just started to be comfortable with having the other male in the room and spending a lengthy, undetermined time span, teaching him how to craft cages and modify them into traps.

Moving to the abaft of the cave, Io looked around. 'Everything looks in it's place now'. Pausing and turning back to the child, she smiled, 'Thank you for your help'. It was nice to have someone to help, Sarajevo was close to finished another cage trap and had no time to help, so perhaps it was fate that the scarred boy had entered her cave.

<style type="text/css">
.grassblack_07 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.grassblack_07 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.grassblack_07 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.grassblack_07 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3305/grassblack.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
muse fail blagh, you mind if we end this in the next few posts?

The male chuckled along with her at her joke, no the wolves that resided around Inferni would probably look at him strangely if he mentioned feeling safer here amongst the violence and personality of the clan than with his birth mother. His ear fell as the female took his words in the wrong way, she thought he was refusing her hospitality and he sought to correct her,

"Not at all Ma'am, it would be an honor to dine with you. And thank you Sarajevo for agreeing to teach me." He gave them both a short dip of his head as a kind of respectful bow. His eyes remained on the woman as she moved about her and her son's new home. He nodded at her thank you, his tail sweeping behind him and his ear twisting.
[html]

This fails also :| also Io says thank you (dziękuję).

Sarajevo matched the other hybrid pup's nod, a little more awkwardly and constricted. 'Your welcome' he murmured, before getting back on with his work.

Io smiled, it was a sly cold one, nothing unusual however. 'Well, come back any time your hungry, I am usually here if I am not I am usually never away for long'. This was true, she was never away from her haven for long. Trips were usually short ones, expeditions to find food stocks for her cooking, or trips into Halifax to find some cooking books. Kast time she had been thrilled to find a book in her native tongue.

'You may go now, you help greatly, dziękuję' Io smiled subtly. She turned around and moved over to her bed. Sitting down she picked up the cook book that was written in her native tongue and began to read.

<style type="text/css">
.ioheart1 b {font-weight:bold; color: #4C4F56; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ioheart1 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ioheart1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ioheart1 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color: #ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... oheart.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color: #960018; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
500+ : 5 points
skull at the borders: 5 points

ooc: guess this is done then Big Grin i'll have it archived

He could feel his time in their cave conversing with them was coming to a close and so began to move towards the exit, again he bowed to them as he left their presence. Makhesthai walked away from the cave unsure or not whether they would want him to return again. They were an odd pair and the little pup had no other medium of which to judge normality, the only other normal he knew was biting and slashing and pain and there didn't seem to be any of that between the doggish looking mother and son. The boy child shrugged and broke into a light jog in the direction of the borders that faced onto The Dampwoods and eventually would lead to the wolf pack Phoenix Valley.

It didn't take him long to reach the borders and the growing boy walked along its boundaries, patrolling vigilantly whilst keeping watch for any that would intrude upon claimed land. Not that Makhesthai was in much of a position to fight many of them off but he hoped some could be talked out of it and whichever ones were violent well, the child grinned, Inferni would come down on them like a falling tree in a wind storm. Rumbling in the distance and the smell of water said that there was a storm coming soon and the child wished to avoid that, being wet and cold was not a past time he enjoyed.

As Makhesthai began to turn to go back to the caves from which he had just come a flash of brown caught his eye and a rabbit streaked past him, triggering the instinct to chase the boy followed after it, making as little noise as he could the boy slowly crept towards the small plant eating animal that had stopped to chew on some new leaves. Before the rabbit knew what was happening it was dead with its spine snapped. The boy was pleased with his catch, it would make a good meal for him, for a second the skulls lining the border caught hi eye and Makhesthai looked at the dead rabbit. Thinking to himself the male grasped the rabbits neck in his jaws and pulled, blood flooded his mouth and at first the neck resisted but then with a tearing of flesh and a crunching of vertebrae bones the rabbit's neck and head came free of its deceased body. Keeping hold of the body lest someone come along and steal it from him while his back was turned.

The orange coyote hybrid climbed up into one of the trees that stood at the border and carefully arranged his rabbit neck and head amongst the skulls of others who had learned the consequences of trespassing into inferni the hard way and with their lives. Satisfied with his work he jumped down from the tree, and wiped his hands in the grass. Makhesthai set off again for the caves with his headless rabbit clutched in his hand, the cooling carcass still dripping blood from the gaping hope at its shoulders.