The Fool's Spring
[html]

BEWARE! >Big Grin (Backdated to April 1) (Nootau: Visible)

Leaving the previous month had been hard, and quite honestly, Ralla had not expected to return as soon as they did. Not that she wasn't happy about the return--far from it--but only that it heightened her excitement to be back as early. The gypsy luperci had been in a hurry themselves to take advantage of the thawing ice, and so had been ready to travel eagerly across the salty sea. Taking them to their homeland in the Moon Tribe had been nerve wracking to say the least, but everyone had come out more than alive and well...with a few added perks.

Upon their arrival, Noss and Ralla had gone to meet their father, introducing Kemo with them. Calum, Chief of the Crescent Moon Pack, had been plainly relieved to see his children return...until they were alone and could talk as such. When even Noss had informed their father that they were not there to stay, Calum had turned stern, his own green eyes mirroring Ralla's, although she was afraid to see the reflection. But she stood firm, despite her trepidations, and fought to convince their father to let them leave. He had sighed deeply, and in a rough voice he had told them that he could not keep them there against their will. While this had been significantly good news, he then continued. They were never to come to the Moon Tribe again. The order stung, but somehow...Ralla could understand. Even their father had enough heart to look away then, and before the two of them left, they had said their final goodbyes with all the feeling of a family. Ralla cried because, with a small hope, she thought that she'd somehow be able to still see her father again. But it wasn't meant to be. Calum would live and die the Chief of the Crescent Moon Pack, and his children would be elsewhere, in another pack, and he would let someone in the council step up to be the next chief. It was the end of his line, yet... As their short visit ended, he and a few others watched them--two fallen tribes mates, a chief-to-be and a shaman--go, sadness in some that this was the last time ever that they would see them. Noss had seen Naka on the ridge and talked to her very briefly before they were effectively exiled, told her about the lives waiting for him and Ralla back home. She had understood and stood strong, promising to lead the warriors in his place. Comforted he had gone, joining the small troupe to continue to the next pack; the Blood Moon Pack. Yet...even as the winds howled in the late winter skies, the three were sure that they could hear their family's cries.

Through the mountainous and snowy lands they had traveled that past month, arriving to the Blood Moon Pack in a dark valley. This had been Kemo's pack, and Ralla and Noss left him well to himself as he confronted his own demons. When he had emerged from his meeting with the chief, he had been stunned, silent, and Ralla had comforted him and consoled him throughout. They were, even unofficially, a mated pair; a fact which Ralla had to her own surprise noticed in the other form of the sentence along their journey. In a particular fit of humor when she had realized the fact--although she barely showing at all--she had looked up at the sky and blamed the moon, laughing in her head, her suspicions about its own sense of humor confirmed. And that wasn't the only change, although the others were quite minor. Everyone had come back from the trip a little more...mature, would be the best word. Ralla's hair had grown longer, now reaching past her lower pack, and she could no longer feel the burden of the brand on her forehead as greatly as before. Noss, to her, acted more...humble. It was a great accomplishment for the prideful and headstrong wolf, but she saw it and recognized it for its growth. Like her, Ralla's brother was also eager to return to the land of Souls. But as to what Kemo experienced? That was his story to tell.

Plus, there had been another perk. After leaving the lands of her birth and family, Ralla had wanted a few moments to be alone, apart from any form of comfort or company--which was quite contradictory, should she contemplate the original reason she abandoned the tribe... And so she went farther from the Crescent Moon Pack borders into the deep forest, letting its darkness cover her and the snow enfold her until she could not be seen. She just felt...a pull, as if she were supposed to let the forest and nature from the land also say goodbye. Looking towards the treetops snow had been falling, covering her face with the flakes, disappearing into her already pure white fur.

"You might as well howl, standing like that," a voice had said, pulling her from her spiritual reverie. It was a deep voice, but Ralla could smell no one around her. In lupus form she twisted her head, trying to find the origin of the noise, until her eyes came upon the only other animal in the clearing. In the branches of a sleeping tree perched a bright, golden barn owl, as if his feathers were set newly aflame. Black as night eyes stared at her, but otherwise the bird remained still. It puzzled Ralla that a bird should be able to speak high-speech so clearly. "Who are you?" she asked. At first the owl had not answered, instead looking like he was deep in thought. Then he spread his wings and glided down to a closer, lower branch, so that Ralla might at least walk up to it and get a closer look. He was a fair-sized bird, if not a little queer. "I am Nootau," he said plainly, making it obvious he was not going to explain further on the matter. "Nootau? As in 'fire'?" The word was in her birth language rather than the AniWayan one, which made it immediately recognizable to her ears. "Well, Nootau, why are you here?" "I could ask the same thing," he responded, preening his feathers neatly. A bit baffled, Ralla continued her questioning, always getting short, precise answers without much detail to embellish. At one point Nootau had looked off from where Ralla had come and flitted a little ways that way, his long wings flickering light as he went. "Your travel companions must be worrying," he said, the message plain. Not dumb to the conversation she had briefly shared with the bird, Ralla had realized that, with no scent of a normal owl--rather there was a sort of scent like the Great Fire, which no bird should carry--and with such clear speech--and now he was trying to lead her--that Nootau was a spirit. Her spirit guide. The fact gave her such elation that she had smiled and bounded off after him, following beneath the shadow of his wings and returning to Noss and Kemo. It was even more obvious that he was a spirit when Ralla asked if Noss and Kemo could see him and they replied that there was nothing there, and so she felt...as if she were truly free. She was accepted by the ancestors of AniWaya, for them to give her a spirit guide.

But that was then, and this was now.

Kemo and Ralla had dropped Noss back off at Cour des Miracles on their way back to AniWaya, and Ralla hoped that all went well when he asked to join. But she and Kemo were truly returning home, despite the sadness that had befallen them, and would soon start with clean slates for their futures. The chain link fence, the most prominent border of AniWaya, was their first indicator of home, and--after howling in greeting in elation, each their own signature melody--the two sprinted the rest of the way, crossing over the bubbling brooks and through the evergreens. One of the best things that Ralla was noticing was that winter no longer plagued the land, and bright green grass was already becoming lush in the early spring. The trees would soon be budding, and she was so very grateful, because the fact that they were home in time for the spring equinox--a day of new beginnings--was most auspicious indeed.

The smoke billowing from the Great Fire was their beacon in the clear day, and they bounded past Ralla's hut in the red maple tree straight to the village center, where when Ralla saw the Great Fire alive and well, burning high and strong, she felt revitalized with strength. On a totem pole Nootau sat, watching quietly, having also returned to his homeland. I'm home...

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
OOC: Time for reunion. Is your spirit guide visible?

IC: Ayasha was playing outside near the Great Fire. She had been missing her new mother and being near what she worked with was comforting. She missed her sister as well. She had no idea where she was. She was busy worrying when she saw something that made her really happy.

Her whole face lit up and she got up. She was a month away from being able to change and was glad to see the person that came near. MOMMY! She shouted happily and went running towards Ralla. She stopped next to her and gave her a happy grin. You're back! I missed you. Where did you go? She then saw who she supposed was her father. She looked up at him curiously. Are you my new daddy?

She wasn't afraid of him but curious. She and Kemo hadn't met before. Granted she didn't really know her new mother all that well. She gave them both a big grin. Are we gonna be a family now? I'm a month away from being able to shift! She said proudly.
[html]

People can still jump in if they want~ And yes, Nootau is visible.

All of a sudden, from behind the ever-high hands of the fire, came a white fluff-ball that wasn't quite as little as she remembered. "Ayasha!" she crouched down as her adoptive daughter came running, ready for a hug, disregarding for the time that Ayasha had been playing too near the fire. It was minor in comparison to coming home. She took the little girl into her arms and hugged her tightly, holding her out from her undrearms once she had gotten a good squeeze in. "You've grown so much!" Which was true; crouched down and holding her as she was, Ralla could see that Ayasha's legs already touched the ground. "We went to our old tribe for a while, Ayasha. But we're here to stay now; no worries."

And then Ayasha looked past Ralla to Kemo, asking a question. Did she already forget their other meeting? Perhaps so; most pups didn't remember everything of their puppy hood. But all was well either way. She smiled at Kemo as Ayasha puttered up to him, answering. "Of course," she said in response to the question. At the proud exclamation from the child she had to cover her mouth to stifle a giggle from the enthusiasm. Not that it was a bad thing at all; rather it was almost silly to see the young pup so chest-heavy about it. "Well, I'm sure when you've done that we'll have our hands more full than ever." With a pause she wondered if she should tell Ayasha about the new pups, deciding that, yes, she should. "Ayasha? We have more news. You're going to be a big sister." She looked lovingly up to Kemo and patted Ayasha on the head. She wondered how the young girl would take it, hoping that'd she be excited. I certainly would've been excited for a little brother or sister. But I got Noss, she thought with mock dread. He had been a good brother to her, despite his faults; she was sure that Ayasha would excel at being a big sister.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
She happily squealed as Ralla picked her up and hugged her. She was curious as to why they left. Why did you leave? She grinned at her mother and father staying. Good. 'Cause I missed you.

She gave Kemo's leg a gentle nuzzle and said, Hi daddy! She gave her mother a mock glare and being laughed at but she wasn't really upset. At Ralla's next words, she brightened even more. Are you going to have pups? she asked excitedly. When? Though her attention was brought back to herself. J'adore says that when I shift and his colt, Inez, is ready, I can have him.
Shiloh watched the happy family reunion from the town hall. She wanted to hug Ralla and tell her she was happy to see her. She had grown lonely while she was away and started to walk towards the family. Shiloh had grown used to being with the pack but was still alone when it came to someone to trust. Shiloh had been though a lot since she had got there but since she had given her totem to Ayasha she had felt disconnected from everything. She had done a lot of soul searching and wished her spirit guide would show its self to her so she could find some guidance and peace in he life.
She had been waiting for everything to thaw to start working on the things she was suppose to rebuild or build. Building was the only thing keeping her sane and as she waited to start she started losing it. Seeing Ralla calmed her even though she was with someone. Shiloh stopped and waited to be noticed by Ralla, her heart wishing she could be part of the family. She wanted to be part of a family so bad, her fear of being unloved evident as she tried to get to know people. She was shy and quiet and only Ralla and Ayasha had given her time of day
[html]

Post-derp~

"Because..." she looked to Kemo for a good to phrase exactly why they had left without confusing the child, but a simple way didn't present itself, so she merely shrugged. "We just had to. You'll know what I mean when you're older." Oh, the classic escape from explanations. Was she really already using that on others? But her heart warmed to Ayasha's welcome and enthusiasm, so she was quickly distracted by the good feelings being emitted. Especially when she went to greet Kemo; it made Ralla so happy to see the two of them already warming up to one another.

Ralla smiled and absentmindedly touched her stomach, feeling the bump that was ever so slight. "They'll be here late next month. But you have to promise me to take care of them, too, alright?" In Ralla's mind, siblings made the best social practice. She believed that by having interaction so early on would make one's social skills much smoother, and she was happy to have Noss with her for the majority of her life because, honestly, she was still a social klutz. Her eyebrows raised high when Ayasha announced J'adore gift--which was extremely generous, she might add--in amazement and some dissent to the proposal. If she remembered Inez correctly, he would be ready for riding quite soon, and Ayasha was so close to shifting... Of course she trusted Liliana to take care of the horse, but if it was given to Ayasha it would be her responsibility to care for it as an owner. And then there were the safety issues. While Ralla had grown up in a tribe where warriors and scouts were raised in the saddle, those were the only ones who would even be allowed to mount. Only she had been allowed the privilege because her father was the chief. But Ayasha was only going to turn six months when Inez would be ready, and the stubborn side of her would not relinquish its hold on the belief that unless Ayasha wanted to become a warrior or scout, she could hold off on solo-riding for another month or two.

Just as she was about to open her mouth and state her thoughts, Ralla's forest green eyes caught sight of a form just a little ways away, coming steadily closer. It was the grey and cream wolfess, Shiloh. Smiling, Ralla stood and walked to greet her tribe mate. "Hello, Shiloh," she said warmly, although she did not know how to continue from there. Yes she had seen Shiloh around before her leave and had been friendly with her, but she still did not yet know her on such a level where she would openly hug her. If anything, Ralla feared that it would offend Shiloh instead. "How have you been?" She was happy to see the other there, at least, because it meant that she was not completely forgotten.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

Tammi edit: changed your font colour to black since the orange was unreadable. Feel free to remove this note once you read it! :3
At her mother's explanation, she gave her a look of disbelief. At knowing the reasons for them leaving when she's older, she asked, How much older? As she greeted her father, she saw her mother's pleased look and was glad that she made her happy. She beamed at the fact that she could make her happy. She decided that her goal in life was to make her mother and father happy, and her siblings when they were born.

At being born late next month, she grinned. By then I'll be able to shift, so I can hold them, right? She gave her mother a pouting, pleading look. Though she thought she said something wrong when she mentioned Inez. Did I say something wrong? She asked miserably. She didn't mean to make her mother angry at her. Don't be angry at J'adore, mommy. Are you angry at me? She was close to tears at the thought of her mother being angry at her and her friend.

As a wolf approached, she looked up at her curiously. She thought she might have met her but wasn't entirely sure. But her mother seemed to know her, so she cheerfully said, Hello! She still stuck next to her parents but wasn't hiding from Shiloh.
Shiloh smiled as Ralla remembered her name and smiled at her. She smiled back as Ralla asked her how she had been.
"I have been lonely. Searching for my spirit guide while you have been away. I have also been trying to build small things for the pack while I waited for every to melt. I made you something while your away. I thought it described you well..." she said shyly pulling out the owl totem she had whittled for Ralla. "It came to me in the forrest when I was thinking about you and I felt the need to whittle it for you. I... I hope you like it. I tried to capture the owl for you." She said softly turning the bird in her hands. She had also build a shelf and some bowls for Ralla but was going to give them to her when she made her hut for her and her family.

Shiloh looked at Ayasha softly understanding why the pup wouldn't leave her mother's side. Shiloh looked scary with all those scars. Shiloh knew other looked away or down because of her scars. She wished someone would look past that and see her gentle heart. She squated down to Ayasha's level and looked her in the eyes.
"I have missed you little one. Do you still have the totem I gave you?" She asked smiling at the pup.
[html]

LATE-DERP! D:

"No, no, not at all," Ralla quickly mended, stroking Ayasha over the head and on the cheek. She could see how quickly one facial expression had turned her daughter's mood around, and it hurt Ralla a little to know that she had done so. With all the questions--as pups around Ayasha's age were wont to do, after all--Ralla supposed that she had forgotten a parent's gaze, and how much she had once looked up to her own father for approval, and cringed away when he was mad. "I'm not angry, sweetheart," she said, deciding that that would be her pet name for the pup. She always called younger pups 'little one', so why couldn't Ayasha have her own calling? "Nor am I angry at J'adore. Just...promise me to ride with J'adore, Liliana, Kemo, or I? Just until you're a little older?" She said it with a gentle tone, not meant to demand or intimidate.

With a soft smile down at her daughter, Ralla thought how cute she was, playing shy. Oh, she knew all too well how open she was with a lot of wolves, but seeing her this way was nice, sometimes, too. How odd that she would be shy of Shiloh though; although she also contributed this to her memories of a much younger pup fading, as they had perhaps done with Kemo until then. "Thank you, Shiloh!" Ralla exclaimed, turning the small totem in her hands. It was well-carved--and how peculiar that it should turn out to be an owl like Nootau!--and certainly showed the girl's skill. With a thought she attributed Nootau's form to a few things; one, the Great Spirits coordinating it with Shiloh's carving; two, his form being that of the Wayfarer sign; and three, her need for wisdom and spiritual connection, the very core of the owl. She would hang this above her sleeping place in her tree hut as a guardian pendant, she conceived, as she grasped it firmly in her fingers. With a subtle, encouraging head bob, Ralla indicated for Ayasha to say hello.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
She gave her mother another happy grin. She was glad that Ralla wasn't mad at her or J'adore. I'm glad. I like being called sweetheart. It shows how much you love me. She became serious. No matter how angry you are, you'll always love, right? At her mother's command, she nodded. 'Cause I might get hurt when I first start riding and if I have an adult with me any injury won't be as bad? She was starting to realize that Ralla's concern for her was another way that showed that she cared.

She watched her mother and Shiloh interact with curiosity. She didn't think that she had met her before. She tried not be rude as she said, I think you got me confused with Saphrina. She looked up at her mother. What happened to Saphrina, mommy? I haven't seen her in a long time. Is she OK? Is she coming back? She turned back to Shiloh. But it is nice to meet you. Even if you had me confused with someone else. She said the last part shyly.