The Haunted
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.nirotiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dba336; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

WC: 1065 OOC: FInnallly made a 1000+ post in how long?

So the ordeal of the past few weeks had finally been resolved, though he was still hurting inside and out. He sat where he’d buried his son’s head. The only thing that he had to bury. His hand was on his wrist. On it was the brace that Argul had made... It was his son’s hide, at least part of it. He took his time as he unbuckled it, but as he went to dig a spot next to where his son had been buried, he felt a cold chill.

“Dadda, don’t. Please, I want to stay with you”

Shawchert jumped out of his skin, almost litteraly, he was on guard, and he jumped up loking around his surroundings. He saw nothing though. His ears moving back and forth, he continued to dig.

“Dadda, over here, don’t do it, I don’t wanna be alone.”

The voice came again. Shawchert looked up, there in a tree, almost invisible, he could barely see a shape. It was hard to tell who it was, but he could see the distinct ear markings that made him unique. His son... his son was sitting in the tree, but he wasn’t an infant... Shawchert thought he was going crazy. He could do nothing but stare at the being, why was his mind playing tricks n him now? He couldn’t be safe from anything anymore, and that included his own mind. He blinked and rubbed his eyes, but it was still there, this time though it moved down in a very skillful and un-puppy like way, as he came to Shawchert.

“Don’t leave me please. I need you. You need me.”

The being said, moving closer. Shawchert wanted to move back, but he felt his legs were stuck and the boy pup came leg to face with Shaw, looking up at him. Staring blankly with dead eyes.

“What’s going on?

Shaw asked in a shaky voice. The puppy tilted his head as though he didn’t understand and he didn’t answer right away either. In fact it took him a while to say anything at all. Shawchert stood rooted to the spot wondering what was going on exactly. He couldn’t understand why all of a sudden his son was there in front of him.. not a live boisterous little puppy, but a semi physical being. Something Shaw was sure he was dreaming up.

“I don’t wanna bee alone Dadda, keep it, ok?”

The boy pointed his nose to the hand that held the bracer, ready to be dropped at any time. Shaw looked down, blinking. He WAS going mad. He swallowed hard. Well... it was the only thing of his son’s he had left. He hadn’t told anyone it was that of his son. No one would think it strange of him. A memento of how he shouldn’t trust everyone maybe. Shawchert Secured the bracer on his wrist. There. Now the vision will go away. But it didn’t.

“Son... you are not meant to be here anymore... you... you were killed, you should go on. Why are you here?”

Shawchert asked nervously. Scared of the answer, but the only thing he got was an equivalent to what a puppy would do... a shrug. as though he were being bad and was trying to cover his tracks. Shaw looked at the boys grave once again and began to head home. He was aware of Demetrius following him, but silently. What had Shaw done to deserve this. So he did his best to ignore the presence of the dead animal that followed him. But before he got home he turned around and looked down at him.

“What do you want from me? Are you here to torment me, to tell me I did a horrible job at protecting you because I know I did, I am reminded of it EVERYDAY!”

Shaw yelled, getting what he needed off his chest, but feeling bad... he was yelling at his hallucination. Even so, it was a hallucination of his son... and he was yelling at him.

“I am not here for that. I jus don’t wanna be alone anymore dadda, you did not do any bad. I don’t want you to be sad anymore. I want to be with you.”

Shawchert stopped and looked down at the dead boy. His heart swelled up with hurt, and yet he knew it was mixed with love, could he really leave such a cute creature on his own even if he was some hallucination or spirit of some kind? No... No he couldn’t no more than he could let something alive and well be left alone.

“You... you don’t want to be with your mom?”

Shaw couldn’t help but ask this question. Orin had been with the pup the most, the few days of the boys life and then some.

“I do, I miss her, but she is too far away. I can’t go.”

Shaw nodded... wherever Orin was, he knew it wasn’t here. He missed her dearly, though he had not loved her the way he wanted to the day they had mated. He cared very much for her, and to know she’d been attacked right under his nose made him feel. He deserved to never see her again.

“Can others see you? Are you some kind of hallucination?”

Shaw couldn’t help but asking. The puppy looked at his father with a blank look, then again Shaw had not seen any emotion other than fear in the boy quite yet. Was that the only emotion he knew how to express? because of his own short life?

“Others can see me.... what’s a hallucination?”

Shawchert wondered how much his mind could trick him, but with every word he had a feeling that this puppy, was truely a ghost, a lonely ghost and his son. He couldnt’ leave him alone. Shaw rubbed his bracer absently, and nodded, he wouldn’t tell the boy what hallucinations meant, so he walked on his way home. The ghost puppy sullenly following his father.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]