[j] one does one's best
[html]

Character Birthdate (including year): 3/16/08

Species: Arctic wolf

Luperci:Luperci

Preferred Ark Rank:Writer.

A Secondary Form of Contact: meaghancenedra (Y!M)

Currently Played Characters: Just Tal, and his NPC son Liam born 12/15/10
[/html]

He'd hesitated and pondered, but finally the male had decided to join the pack Shawchert led. He walked with his son at his side. He had decided a while back to walk upright, fully shifted. Liam had taken to it well, not freaking out as much as Tal had worried the boy would. It was warming up some, but they still had issues finding prey enough to feed both father and son. Right now, tal was speaking softly to his son about proper joining etiquette. He hoped the boy understood. Yes, the male had been kind when they'd met in a neutral territory, but it wasn't a promise he would be as kind as a leader in his own lands.

"Just let me do the talking, Liam. And please remember, you are a Rhiannon, and act that way. The Rhiannon family conducts itself with honor and dignity at all times. Remember Uncle Noah? He was hurt, and he still acted dignified. That is how we all must be." Liam nodded, sitting down. He was a bright pup, and maturing quickly. Tal had been teaching the boy reading, and when he learned to shift, he would teach him writing as well. He didn't know if his son would take to the old legends like he had or not, but they would see as time went by.

Tal hesitated for a moment, then laid his head back and led loose a soft howl, announcing his presence on the border. The duo had not crossed the border, they waited politely outside of it. Tal looked down at his son, who's eyes had faded to gold over time. At least in that way, the pup didn't resemble his mother. Tal hadn't ever stopped telling the boy stories about his mom, and how she'd died. It was a lie intended to be kind. Truth was, Kira would never forgive Tal, and deep down he knew it. Since he and his son would not return to those lands, it was kinder to tell the boy his mother was dead. And liam believed it. He'd stopped asking about her finally.
[html]<style type="text/css">
#commoditymain {border:1px solid #000000; width:530px; background-image:url(http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7430 ... ties02.png); background-color:#a57658; background-position: top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;}
#commoditysidebar {border:1px solid #000000; width:171px; height:283px; background-image:url(http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/9832 ... ties01.png); background-position: left; background-repeat: no-repeat;}
.commoditytext {padding:10px; padding-top:140px; text-align:justify; line-height:14px; color:#efeada}
.commoditytext b {color:#e6bb5e;}
</style>

Hai! :3 Hope you don't mind my jumping into this and saying hello. I can't accept members, but welcome! And don't mind silly Bangle xD. +5
--------------------------------------------------------

It had been over a month, now, since the coywolf discovered that his Skye was pregnant. The news, when it hit his large ears, nearly knocked him off of his own two feet. Since the news, the former gypsy couldn't help but take a journey, metaphorically speaking, through his past, and all the events that led up to now. It made the coywolf nervous, especially after the cougar incident, to be around pups. He hadn't much experience with them, and he wasn't befitting for a pupsitter, but Bangle had heard somewhere that any inexperienced father, the moment he sees his pups, instantly knows how to be fatherly.

Had someone asked the traveling coywolf a year or so ago if he would settle down and have little runts of his own, Bangle would have laughed his trademark guffaw and waved the question off as a ridiculous one. Now - now he was going to become a father. Which meant even more mouths to feed. Trading goods became rather hard for the merchant as of recently. The past moon felt like a whirlwind, not only with his life and his soon-to-be family, but of the entire pack. When he was needed the most, here in the lands, Bangle felt the need to travel farther out to gather stock and help Skye and the future pups out anyway he could. It was another one of those days, where the coywolf found himself ambling the borders of Cercatori for things to craft and put together; not for potential customers, but for his growing numbers.

Brushing past foliage, bat-like ears twitched at the sounds of a greeting call nearby, and the male's natural curiosity made him forget about his current duties, and walked instead towards the call. The craftsman emerged with objects jingling and clinking from his tool belt, a wide grin spread upon his face as bright orange eyes settled on the strangers.
"'Elo there, friends!" Bangle barked in a friendly manner, as his inquisitive self walked up to the pair, standing but feet away from them. Years of walking up to random strangers made him used to this kind of thing, only this type of sale was towards an entire pack instead of an object. Bangle stuck his hand out in greeting the adult wolf. "Name's Bangle. Are ya lookin' for someone? Or perhaps.. somethin'?" Eyes traveled from the man down to the pup, leaning forward with curiosity. The coywolf's eyes softened, then, in remembering his own pregnant mate.

"What's the lil' feller's name?" He implied towards the larger male, spitting out a multitude of questions and jumping from one subject to another. The craftsman crouched down to the pup's level, unlatching a hand-made object from his belt and holding it out for the four-legged pup to see. It was a small wooden gourd, laced with strings of small beads around the shapely middle. As the coywolf gave it a shake, it rattled, something of a small instrument. "You liiiike?" He asked the young pup, eyebrows wiggling. Standing, Bangle thrust the object forward towards the white wolf's hands. "'Ere, for th' lil' feller t'have."

[/html]
(I love Bangle! LOL)

Tal watched the approaching male with some wariness. He'd hoped the leader he'd met before would have been the one to approach them. But the approaching fellow seemed friendly enough, especially as he introduced himself and showed interest in his son. Tal gave a nervous smile. "I am Taliesin Dir Rhiannon, and this is my son, Liam Rhiannon. It's a pleasure to meet you, Bangle." Liam watched the thing that Bangle showed him, his tail wagging. He watched as Bangle handed it to his dad, grinning excitedly.

Tal took the proffered instrument with a smile. "Thank you. And yes, we were told that the pack here would be accepting new members. At least, Shawchert told us that." He paused for a moment, then spoke again. "It was some time ago when he told us that...I hope things haven't changed? If they have, we'll move on." He swallowed, clearly nervous. "I've never done this before, joining a pack I mean. I mean, we haven't always been loners, but..."

Liam looked up at his dad, amused. Then he spoke up, his tail wagging slowly. "Daddy and me came from Catalyst. It's back in Michigan. My mom and sisters died there. He never explained it to me, but he told me his mom was a leader a long time ago, and it was that that kept him from having to actively join a pack. He's been in lots of packs, but never had to join. I think it's kinda silly. But we really want to stay here. I can hunt, and dad helps me. And dad knows about herbs and things. And also, he writes things down. He's a good writer. I can read, but I can't write." He held up a paw with an apologetic smile. "No fingers you know."
#commoditymain {border:1px solid #000000; width:530px; background-image:url(http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7430 ... ties02.png); background-color:#a57658; background-position: top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;}
#commoditysidebar {border:1px solid #000000; width:171px; height:283px; background-image:url(http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/9832 ... ties01.png); background-position: left; background-repeat: no-repeat;}
.commoditytext {padding:10px; padding-top:140px; text-align:justify; line-height:14px; color:#efeada}
</style>

+5. I'll let Shaw or Skye jump in before I make another post. xD

As the coywolf stood back up, staring at the nervous male, he offered another wide, friendly grin. Had the man come without a pup, chances were that Bangle would have taken the time to sell the stranger some things while they waited for one of the leaders to come by. As that wasn't the case, the least the craftsman could do was be welcoming, which wasn't at all difficult for the former gypsy.

His head tilted sideways, somewhat awkwardly, as the multicolored merchant heard the man speak. Bright eyes appeared brighter when the man mentioned Shawchert, the first male Bangle also had the pleasure of meeting around the same area not a few moons ago. Tilting his head upright again, never losing his chesire smile, the coywolf nodded vigorously. "S'far as I know, our door's always open.." And then, the male turned behind him to see nothing but trees, and within it the pack's lands. "'Course, there's no doors 'ere but.. trees are always open, too!" Turning his head back towards the pair, the craftsman's muzzle split wide and let loose his trademark cackling, one hand reaching out to playfully slap the stranger's back as his sides heaved.

After a moment, Bangle's laughter subsided, just in time to hear the stranger's young pup speak. Its voice came out in series of squeaks, but no less understandable than his father. It seemed that the young fuzzball had answered the coywolf's next question - as to what it is the man could bring to the pack of diverse artists. Again, the traveling merchant offered a smile down at the young boy. "Welllllll," he began, dragging out the word for no apparent reason. "One day ya migh', lil' feller," he said, offering a wink. "A writer, eh?" He questioned, bright eyes staring inquisitively at the adult, now. "Those skills are useful fer us, it is," the bat-eared male said, reaching behind him for the lute that was strapped to him.

"Migh' be a bit fer Shawchert t'show.. 'asn't been 'imself, lately.." his voice trailed off, placing the lute before him and stringing it once, lightly. It was true, Shawchert had been a bit distant since the murder of his son, and the disappearance of Orin. Bangle couldn't blame his friend, either, for being a bit scarce. "Or Skye may be 'round, th' other leader'a Cercatori." As he mentioned his mate's name, his already-bright orange eyes lit up, and the coywolf moved towards a large boulder that was closer to trees which outlined the borders. "D'ya like music?" The coywolf asked, stringing his lute a bit louder then. The question was only slightly rhetorical, seeing as anyone with an interest in Cercatori enjoyed music in some fashion. Sitting down, one leg drawn up, the coywolf casually began to play his painted lute to entertain the pair, in hopes his cackling hadn't scared them off. "Yeh much of a dancer, writer?" The coywolf questioned with one eyebrow raised, attempting to pry out more information. His grin returned as Bangle's fingers began to strum against the strings of his first, and most cherished, crafted instrument.

[/html]
((Sounds good to me Smile ))

Tal had visibly relaxed by the time his son had finished speaking. "I enjoy writing. I've begun writing tales from my travelling down. The pack, Catalyst, that we were in was an interesting one, and his mother had some fascinating stories." Bangle moved off a short while, and Tal followed Liam over to where he'd sat. Liam giggled. "Dad's not much on dancing. He's not too graceful there. But he sings good. Mom had a pretty voice too, but she had problems, I think." Tal gave a halfhearted smile as Liam mentioned Kira. The boy's mother was a taboo subject between the two, and it felt as if Liam had forgotten this. They'd have to talk again later, in private.

The sweet sounds of the lute made the older male look up at Bangle as he sat, Liam climbing into his lap. "he's right, I'm not much of a dancer myself. But I enjoy singing." His smile went dreamy as a memory sparked in his mind. "My mother had a beautiful voice. Her father was from Ireland originally, and she had this soft lilt when she sang. She taught me a few of the older songs, but most of my learning from her was in healing and the old stories. She taught me alot about her religion, too." That made him think of a question for the male. "I worship the goddess Rhiannon. Is my belief going to offend anyone around here?"
[html]
WC: 327
OOC: is a good thing this is shaw's entrance hehehehe in any case good thing you picked him to come now, what with the drama finally ending and all!

Bangle’s thoughts had not been too far off, not that Shaw was too distant now, he was more of a physical impaired and had a hard time moving around. He’d limped as he had a torn muscle, his mouth and eye burned, as both were what had been. He was starting to scar a little on his neck where Kesho had taken a good bite, Shawchert was like the living dead, except he knew what dead looked like, he saw much of it since Argul had started his attacks. He even had the ghostly presence of his son with him at all times, though he didn’t think anyone else could see the dead boy. He had heard the howl and headed from his home, though not as quickly as he could have, he was still stiff and sore from his fight with Argul. He hoped the wolf that had howled would wait, or at least not be angry with him for waiting so long, but as he got closer he could see the familiar form of Bangle, and heard him talking to the newcomer, and soon saw who it had been. It was the man he’d talked to weeks past and his son. Shawchert presented a very happy grin, though it was short lived as he cringed in pain from the wound on his mouth.

“It is good to see you again, I see you’ve just met Bangle, he’s our trader of sorts it seems.”

Shaw said, with a slight chuckle. It only hurt when he smiled with the chuckle but he ignored it.

“How have you guys been? What brings you to Cercatori d’ Arte?”

He asked moving up closer to Bangle, he hated looking like he did, but he had little choice. Sky had patched him up as well as she could. He was no monster, but he didn’t look like his usual handsome self either.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
</style>

AH! IT'S A ZOMBIE! -shoots Shaw- Just kidding. <3

Continuing to lose his own body in the music, the craftsman began to sway lightly, large ears flicking towards the stranger as he spoke. "A writer 'n a singer, are yeh? Yeh don' see tha' everyday.." He nodded reassuringly, muttering the last few words under his breath is a playful, sarcastic tone. There were a handful of singers and writers in Cercatori as it were, but it never hurt to add another - especially when this male had knowledge of herbs, possibly for medicinal use, and such information was useful for the pack (especially lately), as well as getting along with the pack's healer, Sky.

The final thought led to Shawchert appearing on the scene, and Bangle offered a friendly grin towards the tall captain. "'Elo, friend!" The coywolf piped up, a cheery disposition in contrast to the beaten up leader that now moved to stand next to the lute player. With the coyote mix sitting down, Shaw towered over Bangle, but it didn't bother the craftsman much. It was surprising enough to see him walking about, still greeting newcomers despite his bruised heart and his beaten countenance. Eyes moved from the giant male back to the stranger and his son, the loud tune from his instrument now nothing but soft background music to the idle chatter of the four figures.

[/html]
((If Tal had known about it, he'd have turned tail and fled in the other direction. LOL Thanks to Azza, he's super paranoid about that kind of thing happening to Liam. LOL))

Bi-colored eyes took in the battered state of the leader. "We've been better than you, it seems. Pretty nasty injuries you have there. Has anyone treated them?" He spoke honestly, and without thought, his eyes assessing the leader. He realized what he'd said, and how it could be taken, and gave a rueful laugh. "Not too polite for someone wanting to join a pack....Guess Liam rubbed off on me more than the other way around." He ruffled the pup's fur gently, smiling at him.

Liam watched Bangle strumming the instrument, not even noticing the approach of the leader until he spoke. His gaze darted over to the leader, then back to Bangle. The instrument fascinated him. Everything about the other male fascinated him. His tail wagged gently as he shrugged off his father's touch. He approached Bangle, placing his paws on the rock, sniffing at the instrument curiously. "What's that? It sounds pretty. I can't wait until I have hands to do things like that too."

Tal glanced at bangle and Liam, then stood. He wasn't as tall as the leader, which made it easier to show submission in his posture. He could have stayed sitting, but that might have come across as rude too. He offered his hand to Shawchert to shake. "It's good to see you again, sir. I'm hoping your offer to stay here is still open to Liam and I. We hunt well together. I also have healing knowledge I can share. As for the arts, I sing a bit, but my strength lays in writing and teaching." He gave an easy, if nervous, smile to the male.
[html]
WC:367
OOC: Welcome to CdA!!! :3

As Expected his injuries were the first noted things to be spoken about, but this did not bother Shaw too much, he expected it after all. He nodded, thinking of how well his mate took care of his wounds. he wouldn't have been able to do it witout her.

Yes i've recieved very good care from my mate.

She wasn't his mate yet, but it was better than explaining exactly what he was to her, because it wasn't always common that He chuckled and shook his head at the man's embarrassment with his frank words he held his head up and shook his head. This was the best he felt in many days. To see more wolves come in, was a relief to Shaw, there was at least one thing Argul couldn't do... and that was attract the attention of the pack.

Please, it's ok, we're friends and I can see where you are coming from. My face is rather gruesome.

He gave a joking smile, though it couldn't last long, without breaking open and hurting Shaw. So Tal wanted to join huh? Shaw still had no problems with that. He liked the man, and a pup was a nice change, though Valinta had one Shaw had never met him. Well in any case he hoped this would not alter some more life changing things for the big man. He learned that whatever happened tended ot happen around puppies.

Well I trust you can do quite a bit my friend, and I'm glad you decided to come here. We are please to have you join us, aren't we Bangle?

Shaw asked, looking over at his strange friend. He didn't want the other to feel left out, and he was in training for these sorts of things, Shaw wouldn't mind having a break from trying to greet everyone around. Bangle showed some interest though Shaw was sure that he might scare some off with his goods and asking them if they'd like to buy them, but it was better than some.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.