And we'll comfort eachother, despite the odds...
[html]

Backdated to the fourth.

The day had started off like any other day. Matteo had gotten up, gotten breakfast, done a chore or two involving cleaning and hunting, and now he was off to try and find himself a way to pass the day. Giuseppe was busy, so the smaller twin decided to leave him alone for the day. Instead, he'd explore. He'd decided to visit a place just outside the territory for once. Drifter Bay.

Packing up some various items into a small bag he'd found, Matteo set out early in the afternoon, hoping to get there before nightfall. The trip was a fairly unimpressive one; no one paid him any mind for once, and he managed to make it there by the time the sky was somewhat golden. Sunset was coming soon, but he'd still have a good two hours of daylight before things got too dark to see.

As he arrived onto the shoreline, he found that the tide was low; perfect for collecting various things like shells and driftwood. He had plans on crafting together various trinkets, like necklaces and maybe even a driftwood flute. He'd found books in the Anathema library on such craftings, and had borrowed them to take with him on his little fieldtrip. Hopefully, he'd be able to put some of it to good use. He was rather interested in the flute idea, actually. He'd make one, and then learn to play it. With any luck, it would earn him some brownie points in the pack. Maybe.

He trotted his way down to the softer sands where the tide kept things wet or damp, being sure to roll up his pantlegs before daring to cross over to the wet muck there. Finding a dry patch elevated from the rest, he set down his bag and slipped out of his shirt. The albino knew that the sun would likely burn his skin a bit underneath his fur, but he could deal with a bit of a sunburn later; right now, he wanted to get this over with. He hated getting his fur dirty.

Half nude and somewhat tired from his trek, the young Trovato started his search, digging up shells and wood from all over the beach, returning to his bag only when he found his load too heavy to carry in his bare hands. He'd found plenty already, thanks to the tide just having gone down, and to his great delight, he'd even found some edible crabs and the like. He'd have to light up a fire and cook them later; maybe he'd even try and catch some fish. He was good at fishing.

<style type="text/css">
.matteoball b {font-weight:bold; color:#435E55; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1E3427; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.matteoball-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.matteoball p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.matteoball {margin:0 auto; width:467px; background-color:#05060A; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... eoball.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #192E27; padding: 10px 0px 290px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#526368; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

WC: 336 OOC: Erf i feel worse but I was able to get this up cause i <3 you and writing! Big Grin

In Character

Eclipse wanted to find her daddy. She had been looking all over, and she had not found him. She was so worried, but couldn’t help but feel that he was hiding from her. It hurt so bad. Why did it have to hurt her? Eclipse had envied her father’s every move, that was until he left, and hurt her and her mother so badly. She took it upon herself to go look for her daddy, anywhere she could. That was what brought her up to Drifters Bay, though she didn’t know what it was called, she just knew it was quiet, and this could be a place her daddy would stay. Seeing a shadow of someone in the setting sun her heart leapt. Her daddy was just over there! It had to be him! She started racing for the figure, glad she wouldn’t be hiding tonight.

“Daddy!! Daddy!”

She yelled happily. She had found him at.... that thought ceased as she came closer, the figure turned white and was scarred and had pants on. Her daddy didn’t wear clothes. She looked up at the white male, and blinked. Frowning a little, quite disapplointed she cursed herself.

“I’m Sorry sir.. . I thought you were someone else.”

Eclipse said, she turned to go, but then she saw the crustacean he had in his hand, and looked at him curiously. She didn’t really know what it was, she never really stayed near the water long enough to see anything alive there, so she though it was void of life.

“What’s that?”

She asked, turning so she was facing him again. Though she had a journey and was looking for her daddy, her curiosity never wavered, and she did not hate anyone for her daddy being gone, not unless someone made him, but she didn’t think anyone took him away though. She had a horrible feeling it was he who left all on his own.

<style>
.EcCu p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.EcCu b {font-family:verdana; color:#354454; text-shadow:#354454 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.EcCu-b {width:347px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.EcCu-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#354454; text-shadow:#354454 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.EcCu-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.EcCu {background-color:#d6e1ed; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:345px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7497/tbl5.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 159px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

D: It got worse? You should see a doctor, Shaw. :/

Matteo was busy with his own 'work' when suddenly some pup came running up to him, calling out 'daddy' or something like that. He perked his ears and glanced over and down at her, alert and curious if but a little surprised. Before he could correct her, she realized her mistake and apologized. Matteo would've called her back as she moved to leave, feeling sorry for the kid, but he didn't have to apparently. The girl turned around all on her own, to ask about what he had in his hands. He smiled.

"It is a Crab." His voice was soft and accented heavily in Italian, completely patient with the young pup. Though his own life was a hell on wheels, Matteo had a strange affinity with children it seemed. The youngest Trovato had a sort of patience and understand to him that made him able to deal with kids, and it helped that he adored the company of their innocence and wonder. It reminded him that there was still some good in the world.

He knelt down on one knee and held the crab out to her, having already dealt with the thing's claws. "Just a little something I will be cooking up for dinner." He set it down on the sand (it was half-dead anyway. Thing wasn't going anywhere.) and leaned back. "My name is Matteo. Who might you be, signorina?"

<style>
.matteo1-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.matteo1-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.matteo1-z91 b {color:#670000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.matteo1-z91 {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... teotab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.matteo1-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

WC: 346 OOC: this might be where she gets very interested in cooking!!!! Big Grin

In Character

A crab huh? She got what it was but not exactly what it was, it had many legs, and it looked like it had something but the man had tore them off. Where they were she didn’t see, but her eyes were fixated on the odd crustacean.

“Cook? What d’ ya mean?”

She asked curiously, she knew what he meant by dinner, and it seemed like an interesting thing to eat. Eclipse being who she was loved to try new things, especially when it came to food, but she was not about to ask the man to share with her. If she wanted something she’d have to catch it herself, but where had he found it? Looking around, the dimming beach she couldn’t see any place where she would think to find a crab... under rocks maybe? Well she’d just have to ask.

“My name’s Eclipse, and how did you find that crab, I want one of my own!”

She commented, putting her paw out as the half dead animal tried to get away as Matteo sat back to get a look at her. Her curious nature went back to the man, and could see he was different than the other wolves she’d met, though he was nice, there was something odd about him, but that didn’t make her like him less, just like when she met Viking, he had been gruff and un happy with her following him but he soon warmed up and was a nice man for all he didn’t know how to speak very well. This man seemed distant in his own way as well, though he gladly answered Eclipses question and wanted to know more about her, but it was the way he moved that confused her, and the scars he seemed to hold, though she knew not to ask about stuff like that, she was still curious, and wondered about the man’s history, though she was just starting to understand that most wolves had a life before she was born.

<style>
.EcCu p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.EcCu b {font-family:verdana; color:#354454; text-shadow:#354454 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.EcCu-b {width:347px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.EcCu-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#354454; text-shadow:#354454 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.EcCu-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.EcCu {background-color:#d6e1ed; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:345px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7497/tbl5.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 159px 0px; } </style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

Crab hunting. Fun times. XD

Matteo couldn't help but tilt his head, lips curling into an amused quirk. "I heat the meat over a fire so it is not as chewy or slimey." He was surprised that the little pup didn't know what cooking something meant. He grew up on cooked food back in Italy, and the old-fashioned ways of living in Canada was baffling to him sometimes. Who in their right mind would feed a pup raw meat?

She introduced herself as Eclipse, then proceeded to ask (in the same sentence) where she could find a crab of her own. He smiled. "They are under the sand and behind rocks. You have to be careful, though, Signorina Eclipse. They have claws on their front legs that they can use to pinch you with." He stood up then, gesturing for her to follow.

"I will help you find one for yourself, okay? It is not hard." His Italian accent kept him from speaking the same way as most wolves around these parts. He couldn't merge words the right way, despite being able to speak fluent English. As such, his sentences came out longer than needed at times. "What is such a young lady doing so far away from any pack? Where is your family?"

As he walked, there was an obvious submissive quality to each step. His tail curled seemingly on its own, tucking just slightly towards his legs. His ears were kept low and each step was silent and light-footed, as if the boy were expecting danger and was ready to flee at any given moment. Still, with Eclipse around, Matteo's steps had also taken on a more meaningful stride; if danger did come, he was ready to scoop her up in the same fluid motion as his escape. If that danger proved faster than him...

For the first time, Matteo mused, he felt as if he could take on a bear and win. Being around the tiny pup gave him a sense of estranged pride and power. It made him feel wanted, useful and important; should anyone come with a threat to their safety, Matteo knew, somehow, that he'd be the one to keep this little pup safe.

But why am I the one taking care of her right now? Where are her parents? Her family? His thoughts faded a bit as he looked down at her, concern gleaming behind faded eyes. I mean, as long as I'm the only adult around.. I'm in charge of keeping her safe. She's not really my problem, but somehow I don't think I could take letting her wander off alone again. She's so young. She probably can't even shift yet.

Still pondering this, boy came to an instinctive stop beside a rather large rock. On it, various sea life had taken refuge in the tiny white stumps that littered the top and sides. Underneath it, a crab was likely taking shelter from the low tide. "Come here and watch. I am going to lift this rock and flush out a crab if there is any underneath. I want you to catch it. Do not use your teeth, try and use your paws." He knew the pup would end up getting nipped; he'd been nipped plenty of times back in those learning stages.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 357 OOC: She is learning a lesson here i think Big Grin

He used a fire to prepare his meals? She must see this, it was a new and unusual way to make a meal, but it seemed... plausible to the little female. She smiled, her tail wagging a bit. He explained where the crabs could be and he told her to follow him. So she did. As they moved closer to the water he asked why she was out her. She thought of her words carefully, though it wasn’t that hard for her to speak out. She was keeping her eye on the water. She didn’t care for the freezing water at all.

“I am looking for my daddy. He left and I don’t know where he is.”

She said matter of factly. Her mother had become distant, so much that she didn’t know who to turn to, she always had her daddy, but now he was gone, so she went to look for him, to get answers from him, to bring him home so they could live together again and he could teach her to hunt, instead she was here on this beach being given a lesson by a pure stranger. They had stopped by a rock, and the man spoke, and she nodded. Once he lifted the rock, not one but three crabs came scuttling out, but Eclispe had no problems picking one and she did as she was told and used her paws to catch the crab, but what came next was a surprise to the young pup. She had been pampered all her life so pain wasn’t much she was use to, and she was a clumsy little wolf. She was so shocked she jumped back whining in pain, but this did little to stop her, though she went back again, the crustacean snapped it’s claws at her, making her yelp again, why did the other one not snap at her, she’d put her paw right on it? Tears came to the puppies eyes and she wasn’t sure she wanted the crab anymore. She blocked it from escape but she was apprehensive of putting her paws on it again.

<style type="text/css">
.curiouseclipse b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e9e9e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.curiouseclipse .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.curiouseclipse p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.curiouseclipse {margin:0px auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uhw0D.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#efeded; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Haley

[/html]
[html]

Lesson one; crabs bite back.

Despite the puppy's obvious pain, Matteo smiled. I did the same thing... It was nice to think that he'd been so innocent. Deciding she'd had enough, Teo let the rock ease to the ground again and he scooped down, grabbing the offending critter behind the shell and holding it up. Using his other hand, still with that small smile, he gently reached over to lay his hand on Eclipse's head. "They are mean little things. Don't worry, I think you will like them more once they are cooked."

Matteo smirked, an expression rare for the submissive boy, but still fitting in a way. "I got pinched too the first time. With practice comes perfection." He winked, then stood, turning only to bend down and grab up the other little buggers before they too escaped. He waved a hand for her to follow, and trudged back to his bag. "I will build us a fire. You should find some long white sticks on the beach. The smooth ones. They will help us cook our meal."

Matteo's voice was patient, calm and reassuring. Something he knew how to do well was make others feel better. He trotted back over to his bag and grabbed up a little container he'd brought with him, dropping the offending crabs into it and setting it aside. Then, curiously enough, he started to dig a hole in the dry sand, where the water couldn't reach once the tide was high. Matteo was busy building a beach variation of a fire pit.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 300

“Stupid crab, I’m glad I’m gonna eat it.”

She muttered as she watched the man picked up the crab, her view was impaired for a bit as the man patted her on the head, but it was ok. She was still sore in the paws where the crab had gotten her... well she’ll not catch a crab alone until she got hands like his. He told her what she should do as he held the crabs and told her about the fire. Long white sticks, to help with cooking? Well if he said so, she couldn’t see how that would help... she put her nose to the ground and hurried a little ways away, she sniffed the ground and kept her eyes open for any wood. She couldn’t smell anything but the salt from the ocean, though here and there were spots that didn’t seem to belong and when she found those things she found herself near the grass... but she did find some sticks, whether or not they were what he wanted she didn’t know. She grabbed a couple and hurried back to where Matteo was getting the camp fire ready. She had seen fire before, that was common... though she’d seen it to an extent where the fire was bigger than even her mommy. This fire, however, was considerably smaller. She remembered of being afraid when se was near the fire in Saluce’s house, but any other little fire like these... gave her some comfort. She dropped the stick and looked up hopeful.

“How’re these?”

She asked wagging her tail. She wanted to see how this man cooked his crabs, this would be interesting. She loved food and she did not know there was a different way to prepare it.

<style type="text/css">
.tree_04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tree_04 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tree_04 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tree_04 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4200/tree01.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]