[/html]
[html]

WC: 333 OOC: Welcome to 'Souls and Cour des Miracles!

------

Niro was still angry with his fight with Amaranth, but he left with his mother in law to keep watch of both Jiva and his mate. He worried for his son, but knew that Ayita, bing a woman of experience would surely be able to protect his son, even from his own mate who was at odds with the world. He was taking a walk to calm his nerves. It took a lot out of him to keep his mate in check when she had her outbursts, so Niro was far from his cave home when he heard the howl from the borders. Taking interest the young wolf found himself moving to where he saw a young woman, it seemed she was a mix breed, but this mattered little to Niro, though he was pure bred himself, the whole of the pack was mixed with mongrels and pure breds alike, his mate was even a mutt so that mattered little. What did matter however was the reason why this woman was here.

“Hello, my name is Niro, you are at the borders of Cour des miracles, is there anything I can help you with?”

This was the first time in a long time he did not have his golden eagle with him, as she had been hunting when he had the fight with Amarant, but he was sure she would return to him soon enough when she felt like it, for now he was not worried about his bird, though still worried about his son and what could happen to him in his absence. He looked at the woman before him and could tell she had been on a very long journey. Like the one he’d taken when he first joined the pack. The only pack he’d ever been in, and the only one he would stay in. He wondered what kind of story this woman had, but first, he was interested in her reason for being here.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
OOC: Thanks =D

[html]
Hunger pangs and pilgrimages
1. Character Name: Caspa Al-Fateh
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 6/3/2010
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci (Ortus)
4. Species: 50% Eastern Timber Wolf, 50% Domestic Dog
5. Gender: Female
6. Currently played characters: None
7. How you found 'Souls: It went something like Midnight Velvet -> Northern Epic -> Here! Been lurking ever since, haven't really done much IC though, but had forum withdrawals and here I am.
8. Initial post:
[html]
The speed with which the snows came didn't tell her much from experience, but plenty from acquired knowledge. A hard winter often meant a short summer, and that meant trouble for plants and the animals that fed on them. Caspa knew she didn't have too many more days walking in her, and just staying alive in the blizzards had taken most of her reserves. But she was resourceful and had paced herself with a wisdom beyond her years. Her one mistake had been trying to shelter in a towering mountain range, and finding herself lost in a maze of sharp-toothed cliffs and ravines. There was shelter, but she had found her way out blocked by drifts and ice and had been forced to follow a narrow and dangerous pass through to the other side. It didn't look like there was likely to be many easy routes back, so it had seemed best to just keep going south.

The rangy young mutt wore a long leather jacket, sleeveless, and a long leather satchel on her shoulders. Another layer of sheep wool gilet-style garment kept her from freezing totally, but she also had to keep moving. To sit or rest was to shiver miserably and stiffen up. So she passed the days, travelling tirelessly up slippery hill and down snow-drifted dale, often under a bare-branched forest canopy now. Her infrequent meals were generally a skin-and-bone rodent or carrion crow, itself become carrion in the cold and bleak weather. Her only route plan involved changing direction whenever she felt she was getting too near the mountains or open land. She was stronger than she looked - she had the hybrid vigour, and the endurance of any hound, although the hope of spring seemed gone for good. Like every other day she kept going as the sun slowly fell behind her; without a trace of its approaching summer cheer it was silver and cold through the high-lying cloud cover. Amazing what difference it made even so. The night temperatures grew severe, and Caspa couldn't face stopping to sleep, knowing all that waited that way was bitter cold induced by slowing circulation. She soon found herself navigating mostly by feel a path through the large trunks.

Dawn found her still walking.The sun was on her left now, so goodness knows which way she'd been headed all night. Being lost didn't trouble her. She had a day or two of endurance left, and to show stamina and optimism against all odds was a good test of her spirit and fortitude. The going was slushy now - at last the daylight hours were beginning to bring thaw, and now and then a wet thump announced a tree branch depositing its load. They must be only a few weeks off the warm weather now, though she didn't know the climate of this land, and she suspected she was further from home than she knew. No going back now, the simple fact was she must find somewhere to stop soon. When she came across a series of wolf trails her relief didn't show, but it was strong. She was nearing claimed lands, she must be. The knowledge put the spring into her step that was missing from the sky. Upon reaching the border the lanky wolf stopped, put down her pack and gave a low howl, which even to her own ears sounded a little more mournful than expected. It had been a very long journey.

The wolf that approached was much bigger than Caspa, but fear wasn't the reason she bowed her head deferentially to him. Her old pack was one that insisted upon respect as a base for all relationships, and didn't always look kindly upon outsiders. She had no idea what to expect, from a wolf who seemed more decoration than natural appearance, and was taut with readiness to run or fight, keeping her face as placid as possible in the meantime. He seemed friendly though. The pack name was in a tongue she did not recognise, but she memorised it carefully. "I hope so," she answered. "My name is Caspa. I have been walking all these months... I am searching for a home. Do you have room for one more, in Cour des Miracles?" Her voice sounded thick and strange to her, barely used at all since the snow had begun all those weeks ago. It was a wonder her vocal chords hadn't frozen solid. Her eyes were down, half-lidded and submissive, and her hands tweaked a little anxiously at the lining of her coat pockets; she was fighting feeling disorientated by the sudden confrontation with a member of her own species, after so much time alone. But at the same time, she could feel the delight of the prospect of companionship flooding her veins, even if it was still only a shadowy prospect, dependent on her putting a good face forward at this encounter. Wolves and dogs, they were not built to be alone.

[/html]
  Find
[html]

Niro watched her form a submissive stance, it made him feel slightly uneasy, he was not entirely use to this, but as a member of the pack, and he was sure a valuable one, he would have to get use to it. Sometimes he didn’t think himself valuable. Especially with everything he did in his life, but that was neither here nor there. He had to focus on the present, and the present was staring at the ground, though clearly talking to him.

“We are presently accepting new members yes, but to be a part of this pack you must help the pack. What can you give us for our protection and sanctuary?”

He asked looking down at here, wondering how long it had been since she had eaten, much less laid down. It must have been some time she looked weary, but with the right answer he’d gladly show her to the Chien Hotel where she could easily find food and a warm bed awaiting her, though he could not turn his nose to a starving wolf, but he had not had to turn anyone down yet. He doubted he would have to turn her down as well. She looked like a capable woman. There had to have been something she could contribute to the pack.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

This news was good, even if the words seemed to imply that the land might be a dangerous area. Well, she'd been walking a while and she'd certainly never found anywhere safe. At home they'd thrown up a fence around the entire pack boundary, which seemed extreme, but even there hadn't been safe. She'd had more to fear from her family and fellow pack mates than anyone she'd encountered on her journey. The stranger-wolves had merely wanted to chase her away, mostly, but the people she used to belong to had wanted to control her body and mind. Strangely, she understood their reasons for it; it was her own flaws that had caused her to go against the grain. Many of their ways were still her ways, and she intended to get stronger and do better with time. One of the blessings they'd given her was the insistence of a varied education, so at least she felt she could answer his question. "In my old home, I was learning to work leather, butcher animals and preserve food." A short pause, then "I have come very far and so have proved tenacity, faith and endurance. I can handle a knife in combat. I will defend anything or anyone who needs me." She spoke with great solemnity, her dark lids still half lowered but now her eyes upturned with great sincerity. She knew she had to make it sound good; her odd mongrel looks and bony physique belied her strength.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I will have Vigil accept you asap, and we don't have to rp the whole of them going to the hotel, :3

As she began explaining why she would be a valuable member to the pack, Niro's tail started wagging in excitement. He was a skilled hunter, but he also enjoyed preparing leather and hides, and was a master at food preservation because of his time alone with his sister and not knowing when they would find meat again. Now he used much of what he had for his birds.

"You know some leather workings? I've been working at it for almost a year not myself, maybe we could trade some..."

Then he remembered why they were here, and he cleared his throat abashed. Yes he was still a pup at heart, and still quite young to say the same. He nodded.

"I think our king would not say no to any of those skilled. I welcome you to Cour des Miracles, I can show you around if you want I can at least show you to the Chien hotel, where you can stay until you find a more perminant home, and you can also get a bite to eat there."

He said. he would surely be happy to oblige to giving her some food, it looked like she needed it, and shelter, which was also something she might want to sooth herself, she had mentioned she'd traveled far so she was probably would want to relax. Niro was sure to help her become comfortable in the pack.

Table by Sie
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.