It Is Only For You That I Would Crush the Stars
[html]

Preferably someone who can help with building things? >_>

Beginning the project anew was slightly harder than Ralla first imagined it. What with J'adore now teaching her how to write and her time doing her regular duties and taking care of Ayasha and trying to teach J'adore everything about the Otlvna Gata tier, she barely had time to breathe. Not to mention she wanted time spent with Kemo, which was another thing atop the heap of 'to-do'. And now she was adding this--finishing the observatory--to the workload. She had been happy to find her hut well cleaned and taken care of--courtesy of J'adore, who she felt like she would need to hunt for in return--and had found the foundation that she and him had made the previous winter still sturdy. All that was left was to construct the walls and roof, which would have a hole in it anyway...sort of; it needed a latch to open a close to keep rain out. But she had built her own tree hut in a month; she could do the same with this one. Especially now since the earth was becoming wetter and easier to work with.

Earlier in the morning she had fixed some wooden poles that would act as the base, tying them tight with rope that would not have to hold much strain once the clay was molded over the thatching. She was currently going about the wooded groves near the village, picked up piles upon piles of undergrowth and twigs that she could tie together to form a basic wall. Later, once that was finished, she would mix water and the rich clay deposits near the river to make a paste that, when dry, would become hard as brick. Such a procedure was not hard to figure out, given a little experimentation, and she had learned it by watching long ago in her birth lands. Watching had been a keen specialty of hers, and she had not been blind to everything but nature and the moon. Sugar stood munching on the new grass behind her, his back piled high with similar thatching, roped down about his middle. Thoughts of how the new observatory would be taken in by her tribe romped in Ralla's mind, as well as what would be in there. A sand table for charting the stars, a desk and parchment for writing the stories, shelves of scrolls, and the walls painted with constellations! The mention of paint and parchment brought Ralla to thinking that she would need to visit Cercatori D'Arte for the supplies to do so, which she wouldn't mind at all since the wolves she had met last time were very amiable and kind. If one had been looking on at her right then, they would've thought that she was doing a funny dance, bending forward and standing straight in such swift intervals due to her enthusiasm to get the building finished.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
Shiloh had been watching Ralla for some time as she carved out some bowls for the woman. She had been working on a small project to make plates and bowl sets for every family in the tribe. Shiloh had been doing it to pass time because the ground was still hard packed and hard to work on. She had been going back to the house she had been tearing down a lot lately wishing to rebuild and move the wood she had taken from it and bring it closer to the town hall so they had supplies when they needed them. Ralla looked like she was working on something and needed help and Shiloh was getting tired of working with wood.

She stood and placed the bowl she had been carving into her satchel and started to walk over to Ralla, who seemed to be dancing as she worked. Shiloh laughed softly as she approached the woman, noticing she was picking up all the wrong types of twigs and under growth to make a sturdy roof. Shiloh knew to have a non-leaky roof you had to use saplings that were good and sturdy and twine them together with other saplings that had been cut to strips and weave them together. "Hey Ralla. You look like you need some help with that. Your getting all the wrong twigs. Your making a roof right?" asked Shiloh smiling at the woman.
[html]

Sorry about lateness; school sucks in general >.>

Standing up swiftly, Ralla turned and smiled to see who had addressed her. "Hello, Shiloh," she said in greeting, the twigs and underbrush clutched tightly to her chest. She quirked her head with a troubled look when she was told that what she was getting was the wrong material. "Really...?" she said, crinkling her nose a little and letting her hind claws sift through the new dirt beneath her feet. She was using the same material--albeit slightly newer since it was newly grown and all--as she had for her own hut and it had not leaked yet. But Shiloh was the Gatlvska, and if she really was using the wrong things, then Ralla would have to redo her living hut's roof as well. "Yes, I am, but... Oh, moon, I'm sorry, Sugar," she apologized to the quarter horse. "Looks like we're gonna have to start over."

Moving to untie the ropes holding the thatching she had collected, Ralla turned just before she did to look at Shiloh, a pleading look on her face. "Shiloh, I've done my own hut, but I trust you. Could you help me gather the right thatching for the roof? It's also for the base layer of a wall that I'll cover in clay, but I just need the base for now. Please?" she asked, the most begging look on her face. The white wolfess was never too proud to bow, and she found that being a bit childish was sometimes alright, because always being serious caused one to become stiff in personality. She would be very grateful if her tribe mate could help her with the endeavor, mostly because it would go faster with two, especially now that it looked like she wasn't building it right to begin with. "Forgive me, but I never formally learned how to build a hut, and I didn't want to bother the Gatlvska's with it much."

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
(Sorry for answering back so late. I have night school and PT... Sorry for such a short post.)
"Its alright, I need some help too and if you help me I'll help you. I have a lot of wood for you to us already ready for you. I have been working on tearing down a house on the far side of the packs land and need a horse to move it all closer to here. I'll help you build anything you want if you help me move it."said Shiloh softly. She helped the woman take off the supplies she had. Shiloh knew it would have taken Ralla almost three days to make a hut on her own but with Shiloh's help it was cut down to 1 and a half. Shiloh hoped that Ralla would use her bowls when Shiloh was done.
[html]

It's okay :3 I don't mind every once in awhile, since I understand the evils of sleep-deprivation >.> Oh, and I didn't mention this before like I should've so... (Nootau: Not Visible) ALSO! Feel free to powerplay them to wherever to pick up the wood, and then I'll powerplay them to Ralla's hut to begin construction. It just helps the thread plot move faster Tongue

Ralla smiled brilliantly, happiness evident in her face. "That sounds wonderful," she said in response to Shiloh's deal. With all the wood Sugar hauled on the cart already, a little more such a short distance wouldn't hurt him much at all. She patted the horse's brown hide with confidence, feeling his strong muscles beneath. He had always been a loyal friend and mount, taking her across Nova Scotia's creation and back when she had asked. She would be sad when it would be time to put him to pasture, as all old horses were destined to be, and that he would have no descendants, but she would let him live his old life peacefully, since it was only fair. Give back what you have taken, she thought to herself; a saying of equality amongst the natural forces of the world. Balance.

"How're you finding it here, Shiloh?" Ralla had never formally asked, and she felt like it was an unspoken duty for her to oversee the new members' comfort, since the same had been done for her on more than one occasion. Although a month in, Shiloh was not a new member, she was new enough. But she spoke with a confidence in her voice belied by its softness, so Ralla was likewise confident in her finding everything at least satisfactory. "I know that it seems like a lot of us aren't around a lot, but that's because the territory's so large and we all have our duties. Once you get into a routine, our tribe mates seem to appear as they will it." How true this was; at first, when Ralla had arrived, she had wondered if her tribe mates were ghosts. But then she began to see the rythmn of the pack, and she fell into it as well, and eventually she began to meet her family more and more. Their movements were like a song; if you followed the beat, harmony would come. "And I hope Ayasha has been good company," she commented as an afterthought. The white wolfess knew how much her daughter liked to roam around, but sometimes she worried that might bother someone. Although, as of yet, it seemed as if the tribe was more than happy to pitch in to her upbringing.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
(Oh thank god. I am happy i dont have to rp the whole walk. Congratulations on the new rank. :p I know all about sleep-deprivation... lol)

Shiloh lead Ralla to the house she had torn down a few weeks ago. She knew the tribe would need the wood and having Ralla help her move it was a great idea till she noticed the woman was pregnant. She didn't want her to stress herself moving and building and was concerned for her health if she did. Shiloh stopped the horse next to the big pile of wood and help Ralla dismount (is it alright if I put Ralla on the horse because she is pregnant and Shiloh doesn't want her to walk too much?) the horse before setting to work. Ralla had asked her some questions and Shiloh wasn't used to being open with anyone about how she felt but Ralla had always been nice to her and Shiloh felt she could trust her.

"I am not used to the ways of the Tribe yet. I don't understand a lot of words and customs and don't have a lot of guidance or help. I enjoy watching people in their everyday tasks and often find myself wanting to help. I have been working on making a few shelves and bowls for the people who actually seem to have wanted to talk to me. I scared most away with my scarred appearance. I don't like being alone but I often am. I scared Ayasha when you got back from your trip and haven't talked to her since then. But I have carved her a totem like I did you. When I do see her there is this little blue jay that seems to follow behind her. I think it’s cute so I carved it for her. Here... give it to her for me please." Shiloh said handing Ralla the small-carved bird.

Shiloh then set to work putting the wood on the cart behind the horse hoping Ralla didn't strain herself trying to pick up the heavy wood. "Ralla I don't want you to hurt yourself trying to pick up the wood. I see your pregnant and don't want you to strain yourself. I worry about you,” whispered Shiloh as she put the wood on the cart.
[html]

Why thank you very much <3 Btw, don't put OOC comments within the actual post, since it disrupts the flow >.>

Ralla gratefully took Shiloh's hand as she dismounted Sugar, having been saved the trouble of having to perform acrobatics just to get off. With her pregnancy so far into development, it was getting steadily harder, but travelling by horse was much easier than walking...or hobbling, whichever seemed to suit the growing pups that day. With an eager-to-do work habit, Ralla set to her puttering, helping to reload Sugar with the wood they were clearing.

"It will all come with time," Ralla said in reference to Shiloh's understanding of the language. "The tribe I come from has a similar language, so it was easier for me, but I try to teach the language in songs. Once the pups are born, I'll be resuming lessons by the Great Fire for everyone." What a nice thing that would be again. And with their sudden influx of pups and newcomers, teaching would be much needed if they wanted to preserve the tribe's culture any. "And once the observatory is built, I will teach up there as well, because that is where I will be storing the scrolls of the lore, as well as some of the tribe's relics." And she would paint the walls with ripe red berries once they were there, and chart the stars on the sand table once she made it, and do so much. Shiloh's comment on her scars struck a sad chord within Ralla's heart, because she knew how it was to be looked at strangely. The black brand on her forehead would stay with her forever, and it was a constant reminder of the home she had left behind. But it was also the mark of someone connected to the moon and spirits, and so she had grown less ashamed of that. As to her limbs...they were longer than most, as well as her tail, and her ears were more pointed...the snowy wolfess was graceful, even if she did not think of herself so at all. She certainly wasn't graceful with the beach ball of her stomach...

"I will; I'm sure she'll love it," Ralla said, taking the totem and placing it in one of the bags hanging on Sugar's back. "And I'm sure she has forgiven you, although she should've had no reason to be afraid in the first place," she said in a matter-of-fact tone. If there was one thing that Ralla would teach her children, it would be to not judge by appearances. Scaring by surprise was one thing, but by appearance? Unless Shiloh was suddenly going to eat her children, they had no reason to fear her. Shiloh then voiced her concern about Ralla's pregnancy, but Ralla just brushed it off with a chuckle. "I'm not that far yet, Shiloh," she giggled. "There's at least another month until I have to worry about the little ones. I promise I'm not doing anything too strenuous." If she was, Kemo would be the first to know...and then kill her.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]