Velvet Covered Darkness
[html]

Word Count : 400+ || OOC : This works, yes?

Black paws pounded the earth, racing over the land, weaving between trees. The blur of motion was white and black. There was a splash of red in there, but it was so minor that it may have been a flower in the background. Suddenly there was a leap, a crash, a snap. Tumbling to a halt was the white and black form of a female loner that had been sniffing out Nova Scotia for the past month. Next to her was the brown mound of a rabbit, but its state would best not be mentioned. With a huff, Layla rolled onto her feet and nuzzled the limp form with her large secui nose. Now satisfied, she rose up and sat on her hindquarters, panting softly.

Layla looked to the east and drew in a deep breath. She knew Anathema boundaries were this way when she was pursuing her prey. She had kept on because out here in the wilderness, it was often eat or die and it was no matter what the risk was. The female hoped she hadn't, however, and seems she didn't after all, according to her nose. She was close though, too close for a comfortable meal with the fresh kill. It could look bad. Instead, Layla dug a hole quickly, dropped in the rabbit, and covered it quickly with dirt. She silently wished she knew how to hunt better.

Shaking her pelt, Layla shifted to her bipedal form. It was by far her favorite form to use. It just came natural to her. It was truly amazing how easy thumbs made everything. Relaxing into her optime body, she ran her hands through her ink black hair. She had brushed it so often that her fingers didn’t snag in the waves and curls. She pulled the tiny leather bag from her neck and took out a piece of rope and red cloth, letting the pouch to fall on top of the buried rabbit.

The female put the tiny loincloth on around her hips. It didn't conceal much or lend any modesty, but she was once told it gave her a small taint of mystery. Layla barely walked twenty feet when she scented a wolf. She was nearly right on the border, so it would make sense that whoever it was belonged to the pack Anathema. Stopping, she held stock still and faced the source of the scent. "Hello?" she called. "I am a loner and peace follows me where I go." Hopefully whoever it was would get too excited and attack her.

[/html]
[html]

Yup, although next time ask to use PP. Saying Matteo was already on the scene counts as Power Play. I don't mind it this time, but please ask next time. :/

"Wolf" was a pretty bad term for the male that approached. Matteo, the coyote-dog mix, was actually just returning home from his own hunt. He'd been quick about catching himself a couple doves, but otherwise the meal was small; perfect for the slender lad, but no one else. He was just rounding to a path he knew when the scent of a fresh kill, plus a stranger, caught his nose. For a moment, the boy paused, birds dangling lifelessly from his hand.

He pondered over just what he should do; the scent was obviously not a wolf, as far as his sensitive nose could tell, but it was most assuredly a stranger... meaning he'd be stepping out of his comfort zone if he abided by pack regulations and went to confront whoever it was. He chewed on his cheek for a moment, then decided to hold up his end of the bargain he'd made when joining beside his brother. Anathema was as much his home as anyone else's in the pack, meaning he'd eventually have to step up and take charge.

What a horrible, horrible idea that was. As Matteo approached the owner of the scent, he heard her voice. She'd scented him already, meaning he'd have to work either way now. She announced peace, though, and he felt his nerves loosen just a tiny bit. He came into view.

The albino coydog wore his usual black dress shirt and likewise-colored 'bondage' pants, trimmed in blue. On his feet, a pair of black leather boots, fitted and crafted for his feet in optime form. His hair was tied back, and despite his fresh kills, no blood remained to be seen on his muzzle. He'd since cleaned himself off and shifted back by that point.

"This is Anathema territory. What are you doing here?" His Italian accent was thick, but his voice was soft and young. Even though his words were bold, his tone and posture were forced; he was obviously submissive in nature, though at that moment he was forcing himself to be the contrary. "I hope you were not hunting my pack's prey just now..." Teo eyed the mound of dirt, knowing full well what was under it.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

Word Count : 300+ || OOC : Oh, I apologize. I had meant it as she scented a wolf, but didnt mean that was Matteo. And since Matteo came from the wrong direction anyway, I'll show you what I mean ^^

Layla's ears were pinned straight forward and her eyes strained. She was doing anything to notice a sign of the other wolf. There was nothing, no one and no sign. A voice with bold words came from behind her and she twisted around to see its source with hackles raised. It was a male dressed in clothing as she had never seen before. He carried two small dead birds and though his posture was aggressive, it seemed empty. This was no wolf before her. She might have been over confident, but she knew this male was no real threat.

Layla's body visibly relaxed. It was then that the female had notice her fur had bristled along her shoulders and down her back. She smoothed her fur with her hands and tidied her appearance quickly. He was warning her that her kill had better not been Anathema's. She looked up at him as he eyed her recent kill's hiding place. He had an accent to his voice she hadn't heard another wolf speak before. It really was quite lovely.

"Actually this is near Anathema territory, it's five feet behind me," Layla said sarcastically. Sarcasm was her best defense technique against assertive actions. "I apologize, I'm just a little ruffled from being startled." Layla added in a remorseful voice. This guy was probably just trying to be a good pack member. Layla looked over her shoulder. She still scented a wolf, but he might be a long way off. He or she was upwind, there was no real way to know for sure.

Looking back to the white male, she tried to explain, "No I chased it here from the edge of the Dampwoods. I'm not exactly the best hunter in Canada." Layla shrugged her shoulders and offered a small smile. "I hope you believe me, because it's the truth. Really, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I'm quite friendly." Layla blinked, looking down at her mound briefly. Raising her head, she slowly walked back to it and offered her hand. There was a chance he knew what a handshake was. "I'm Layla, by the by, just another loner. Who might you be, foreigner?" she introduced herself.

[/html]
[html]

Blah, I don't like this post. :/

Sarcasm. Lovely. He tone earned her an honest glare, one Teo (in all of his concentration towards acting tough) forgot to hide. Boy's glare was icey-cold and actually held some danger in it, despite his obvious submissive nature. He opened his mouth to retort, but she kept going. She apologized for the rudeness, admitting to having been startled. He nodded. "Watch your tongue around here; others of my pack would gladly cut it off." A warning, but his posture shifted and it was obviously one meant soley to warn her, and not to scare her.

She went on to explain the situation, how she'd chased the thing here from Dampwoods (and amazingly long chase for one hare, Teo noted) and how she wasn't all that good at hunting. No kidding. The whole time she spoke, his expression of annoyance became more and more real. Enough excuses, girly. Hurry up and leave or something, would yah? All Matteo wanted at that point was to leave this stupid confrontation behind and go home. Blagh.

Then she introduced herself. So much for that idea. She offered her hand to shake, and after a moment of hesitation, he took it, keeping a firm grip in mind during the greeting. Gotta be the boss here. My land. I'm boss.... ugh, this is hard~! But he smiled none-the-less and introduced himself as well. "My name is Matteo. Matteo Trovato. I am one of Anathema's Zepars." There was a hint of pride in his voice as he announced the pack bit, despite the low rank.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]