Character Name: Masaki
Character’s Birth date (including year): April 2 2010
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Wolf
Species: Purebred Northern Coyote
Currently Played Characters: My first Character
How you found 'Souls: http://roleplaying.top-site-list.com/

Word Count 383

Initial Post:

Masaki took the best of her sister’s advice and ran for it. Her tongue was lolling as she ran from the other coyote pack. She couldn’t hear the coyote’s feet tapping against the ground, she couldn’t smell their repulsive scent, and she couldn’t hear them panting after her. She was panting loudly, so she thought she might have blocked out their sounds. But at the slow pace she was going from running for hours, she was sure they could have caught her because they would have had the chance. She didn’t want to look back for her own safety, but she just had to. She couldn’t see a nasty coyote in site. She took a sharp deep breath and slowed her feet down so she could walked until there was no place to go.

She just lost all of her family and now she is expected, by her sister, to find a new pack that would gladly take her in. She wasn’t so sure about the idea. Masaki has always been with her pack that was blood related to her. Her sister wanted to her join a pack that she never grew up with and wasn’t her birth family. She continued walking while she thought long and hard about what she was going to do. She could hear ruffles in the trees, probably from rodents, but she didn’t want to risk it. She was alone and she had to look after herself or else she could get killed without any companions.

She could smell the fresh scent of another pack close by. She smelled a large, friendly, pack and she thought that this could be her chance. Her tail wagged a bit and her slightly floppy ears, bounced as she jerked her head up. She paced around as she tried to find their border line and glued her nose to the ground to sniff it out. When she found it, she dropped her body to the ground and tucked her tail slightly between her legs. She whelped a little to get their attention. She had a little hope that this could be her new pack.
[html]

Word Count → 379

Hello! Welcome to Crimson Dreams! Big Grin I saw in your profile Masaki's pack is from Ohio, but in your post it seems like she just got away from the coyotes that killed her family? Maybe I just read it wrong though ^^

The Consul of Crimson Dreams was doing better, but she was still far from recovered from the soul-shattering news that she had learned just over a month ago. Her youngest child, Denali, had been brutally murdered by a woman who had then sought solace within the borders of her own pack. Of course she had not known of her son's demise at the time, and even though something seemed a bit unnerving about Nuki, she had allowed her sanctuary. It had undoubtedly been her biggest mistake as a leader. Things had been quiet for a time, but soon the demon had shown her true colors when she made an attempt on the life of her daughter. Savina had gone and confronted the blood-eyed woman then, and they had drawn each other's blood, and she had learned the truth about her son.

The wounds of her body had healed, now merely scars. The damage done to her heart and mind were not so easily reversed however. It did not matter to her that Denali had not been her son by birth. She had taken him in when he had only been a couple moons old and she had loved him as any other of her brood. Savina felt like she had failed him, and no matter how many times everyone told her this was not the case, that perceived truth was still rooted deeply in her chest. It could not be willed away.

The ebony wolfess walked the borders of her land aimlessly, the metal cat mask that had belonged to her son hung around her neck awkwardly. Her gait was finally returning to a semblance of its normal gracefulness, but her muscles were still stiff where she had been shot with an arrow and stabbed in the thigh. A series of odd noises caused the Marino matron to raise her head and a short distance away she saw a coyote prostrating herself at the pack's borders. Savina approached slowly and looked down on the smaller canine with soft curiosity. "These are the borders of Crimson Dreams, my pack. What is it that you seek here?" There was no warmth to her voice, but neither was she cold, a steady neutral tone to shadow the pain housed within her breast.

<style>
.sm-venus {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HFICe.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sm-venus .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sm-venus .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sm-venus .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sm-venus p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sm-venus b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sm-venus i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sm-venus u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
Word Count: 347

Hi there! Yea, I did say she was from Ohio, but I wrote that when I didn’t have a clue which pack she was going to go into, it was just a cover up. I changed it into her family has traveled since, I forgot to change it before. But yes, she was running away from the coyotes that killed her famry ^^ sorry for the confusion.

Masaki laid there emotionless thinking about how much she would have missed her family. She couldn’t stand the fact that there was a possibility that she could be alone all her life. She was hoping this pack would take her in so she had some canines to socialize with since she is social herself.

Masaki heard the taps of paws slapping against the ground. The taps came closer till they approached her nose. Her eyes peered up and scanned the body in front of her, but she refused to look at her eyes. She was a little intimidated by the wolf in front of her and she didn’t know what to say. When the wolf spoke, Masaki’s slightly floppy ears twitched as she tilted her head a little to the right. She certainly sounded very intimidating, but that was to be expected to just wait outside a wolf pack's borderline. Her yappy mouth flapped open to answer her. “Well, you see, I kind of need a new pack and all.” Her words were coming out a bit slippery and choppy. Small beads and bubbles of drool slithered down her tongue since she was still tired and sweaty from the long run. She was also surly nervous to have a large wolf staring down on her since she was merely a short coyote.

“So, yea, I was wondering if I could stay with you guys?” Her tone was a little goofy since she wanted to calm the mood down, but a little but shorty afterwards, she realized that she probably sounded ridiculous. She groaned in disappointment in herself for an awful first impression but she glanced back up to hear what the impressive wolf had to say and to give her her full attention.
[html]

Word Count → 261

Oh I see! No need to apologize! Big Grin Savina is usually much more compassionate, she's just in a bad place emotionally right now DX She'll be back to her old self in a little while though!

It would have been impossible for the coyote to have not noticed her approach, and indeed the cowering canine looked at her but their eyes never connected for a second. It was an instinctual show of respect and submission, Savina knew, but she wasn't particularly a fan of grovelling either and this female was toeing that precarious line. Though it was likely good that this newcomer was erring on the side of submission rather than being too boisterous. After what had happened with Nuki, the Consul was much more apt to be wary and suspicious of those who came to their borders seeking acceptance. Souls had been given admittance into the pack since the demon woman's treachery but the Italian fey was more careful now, more jaded from experience.

Any time in the past, she would have been much more concerned with what had happened to this coyote to make her so nervous and submissive. She would have talked soothingly to her to try and get her to calm down. That was not the case now, for now she was looking at someone who had the same potential to become a traitor as the blood-eyed wolf had. Logically she knew that there was clearly no threat from this femme—there was not the same calculating cunning here—but right now she felt she could not be too careful. After the coy had said her peace, Savina spoke evenly, "We are accepting new members, but what is it that you can do for us in return?" No one got something for nothing.

<style>
.sm-venus {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HFICe.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sm-venus .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sm-venus u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
Word Count: 342
Yea, I figured from the first few paragraphs xP

Masaki stared at the wolf for a while before she spoke. She really wanted to impress her with the skills she knew she had because she wasn’t ready to go back into the world alone, just yet. “Well, I’m a very fast runner! I was the fastest in my pack. My pack kind of took advantage of me and always told me to hunt for some food for them.” She said as she rose just a little bit while trying to subtly show off her lean, short, but fit legs. She laid back down before she looked like any kind of a threat in front of the wolf. Even though her body was down, she couldn’t help but let her bushy tail sway behind her. The corners of her mouth pulled back, revealing a slight smile around her muzzle. She knew she was breaking a few rules of respect, but the fact that she might have a place to stay made her too happy to think about it.

She let her tail flop back onto the ground before she seemed too rude, but she kept her neck held up slightly. “I’m also a puzzle solver. Typically, whenever I am in a tough situation, I always know the easiest way out.” She wasn’t sure if the pack needed any of that from her, but even if they weren’t what she wanted, she was sure she could find something to let them drag her in. They were her strongest points that she knew about herself, she was still young so she had a lot to learn. She thought that if her best skills weren’t exactly what they wanted, she might as well throw in something that she was decent at, but not amazing. “Since I’m a fast runner, my legs also do some good action in the water. I’m not too amazing at swimming, but I’m not bad.” Her tail continued to summersaults in the air again as she tried to look impressive.
[html]

Word Count → 261

Hehe, yeah XD I'll go ask for you to be titled up now!

As the coyote spoke of her skills some of the nervousness seemed to melt from her. She was confident in her skill-set, but not so much that she was pompous. That was a good mindset to have. All in all, the girl seemed to be quite a friendly soul and there was not even an iota of bad intentions that Savina could detect about her. It was lucky that the coy had shown up at her doorstep and not at some of the other wolf packs in the area. There were plenty of wolves, such as herself, that held nothing against their smaller cousins but there were also quite a few that held onto those old prejudices. Crimson Dreams did not judge someone for their blood, only for who they were inside.

Whatever tension that had remained held tautly between her shoulders relaxed, convinced now that this woman posed no threat to her pack and was truthful in what she spoke. "Those are good skills to have, and surely they will benefit the pack." Emerald eyes looked over the girl once more before adding, "You may relax, there is no need for such posturing any longer." It was good that submission had been shown, especially with her distrust of outsiders that was prevalent now, but the coyote was no longer a completely unknown entity. "I am Savina Marino, the alpha here. What is the name of my newest member?" A very slight smile painted her face at the question, as it was proof of the coy's acceptance into the Dreaming family.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.