Out of Character

Coding©Sie - Word Count: 649

# Character Name: Denver Mathis

# Character Birthdate (including year): December 20, 2009

# Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

# Species: Domestic Dog/Wolf Mutt.

# Gender: Male

# A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). Daitenshi Kotone

Haven't played him yet, and am definitely gunna take some time to figure him out, so forgive me! Big Grin

In Character

Denver Mathis had been traveling for months. And that wasn't a metaphorical scale. He'd been all over the Northeast corner of America, walking from civilization to civilization, though never finding anything to his liking. He'd started in his home land of Virginia; a far too rural place for his liking. Denver wanted to be near a city, at least. Big or small, it hardly mattered, so long as it was more civilized than that place had been. Though it seemed he'd missed all the good towns in his journey; or maybe they just hadn't caught his fancy like they had everyone else. Either way, the boy was dissatisfied. He'd left his parents in search of a better life for himself, after their care was no longer desired or necessary. Their attentions had been better spent elsewhere, it seemed

Scoffing at the thought, Denver kicked at a rock as he walked, tired feet finally reaching grass-covered land. He'd followed a paved road for a good while, the rocky, hard and sparsely grassed ground had been brutal. But now the ground felt moist, cooler, and more comfortable. Icy blue eyes roamed the landscape as he realized the scenery had changed. Had he really been so distracted? These trips had become a bit boring, after all.

Denver couldn't see much from where he stood, but his nose told him the sea was nearby. He hadn't seen much of the ocean, but what he had seen he'd enjoyed. A quiet place, with little distraction. It made him feel lonely, though, and he didn't want that. He didn't regret leaving, after all. He only regretted not having some company along the way. What a bothersome trip. The ivory mutt's age had nearly doubled since he'd left his parents behind, and he felt wiser for it; he'd learned much in his traveling. He'd greatly built upon his reading and writing skills, managing to extract knowledge from strangers as he'd gone.

After losing the attention of his parents, he'd had to learn on his own. So far, he thought he'd done well. He'd learned language from his parents; something they'd managed to do right. His vocabulary had expanded since his departure, and his hunting skills, while minimal, were well enough. From all of his travel lately, though , his normally full frame was slightly thinner, lean muscles not as firm as they'd once been. He may have been able to hunt, but he preferred to scavenge, leaving the hard part for someone else. After all, he didn't need to gain muscle through hunting; Denver exercised almost daily. Well, any normal day.

Nearly a half hour later and with a well-deserved yawn, he collapsed his body onto an outcrop of rocky cliff-side, warmed by the sun and bathed in salty sea-spray. He sat there for a moment, wondering if this place might be able to offer something stable and adequate for him, but truthfully he had little faith in that. Denver shivered slightly as a the sea breeze rushed over him; a cold, humid air that chilled his skin through his dog-fur, only half-insulated by a thin undercoat. Even through the tattered brown woolen blazer and pants that he wore, the frost bit at him. It wasn't as bad as it had been, though.

Hesitantly, he turned his head upward and let out a dog-like bark, followed by his best, embarrassed version of a howl. He'd done his best, though; no one should make fun of him for that. Pale eyes narrowed with caution as he waited silently, hoping that this place was what he had been told: a Kingdom for Dogs. That's what he longed for. A Kingdom. After all, he was a self-titled Prince(no matter that he was the Prince of Peasants), and any Prince deserved whatever they might want. Wasn't that how the stories all went?

<style>
.DM1 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:10px;}
.DM1 b {color:#6f2824;}
.DM1-b {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.DM1 a:link, .Alaki-grave a:visited {
color:#6f2824; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; }
.DM1 a:hover, .Alaki-grave a:active {
color:#6f2824; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; }
.DM1-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#6f2824; text-shadow:#6f2824 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.DM1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; color:#4d4d4d;}
.DM1 {background-color:#898883; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5633/74941753.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 203px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 222 :: <3

Niro had decided to take Jiva out for a walk today, though the puppy was just opening his little eyes, and hearing new things, Niro thought Amaranth needed the quiet. He'd found his old egg pouch where Marahute use to lay in and he'd adjusted it so that there was more room for the puppy. The leather strapped around Niro giving the pup warmth so he wouldn't be cold the whole way. Niro was about finish with his walk when he heard a bark... and then a ... was that a howl? Well it was some form of it. He decided to take this call, the pup nestled in the leather and his father's fur, Niro hurried towards the voice. It didn't take him long to find where the ... wolf? No this was a dog. Niro normally met mostly wolf canines but this one... he looked mostly dog, this didn't matter any more though. He walked up close to the man, but far enough away, and spoke.

"Hello, my name is Niro Takekuro, and you're at the borders of Cour des Miracles, is there something that I can help you with?"

Niro asked, as he thought about the wolf-dog he thought about his own ancestry, and then his packs, was there any other pure wolves like himself that lived here? Orin had once but she was gone now, back in that stupid art pack. This didn't make Niro worry however, he earned his right being here, and he would continue so. He watched the man, one hand covering the pup that head in the pouch and the other at his side. He heard Marahute over head, though she didn't come close to them to show that she was Niro's companion. She'd taken an odd liking to the boy, and had been watching over him since he was born. It was a good thing though, Niro thought, she would not be a problem to the boy, and he would have little problems with any other creatures.

<style>
.niro-texteagle-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.niro-texteagle {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.niro-texteagle .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.niro-texteagle .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.niro-texteagle p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.niro-texteagle b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
[html]
hear me out now

Coding©Sie - Word Count: 345

Oh, btw, I figure this is midday or so, but it doesn't really matter as long as it's light out. <3

you're gunna listen to me like it or not

It was a good thing someone came quickly; if he'd been stuck in his own mind for much longer he may have simply left. Denver needed someone to talk to, something to do, or else he might explode. He wasn't able to manage being still or calm for long, so when he saw another man's alabaster figure approaching. Eyes which had been stuck drawing useless doodles in the sand narrowed and rose with his body. The man was bigger than he was, and he looked mostly wolf. What is this, does he live here? he thought, instantly annoyed that this man was not a dog like he was.

"Hello, my name is Niro Takekuro, and you're at the borders of Cour des Miracles, is there something that I can help you with?" he introduced, but Denver hardly heard more than the man's name and their location.

That sure sounded like the name of the place he'd been told about for so many weeks. Had it been overrun by wolves, now? Denver looked around anxiously, as if hoping to see someone else emerge from the depths of the land. Someone that wasn't a wolf. Ugh. He stood.

"Yeah," he started, confused. "Sure is, Niro. Ain't this supposed to be a place for dogs?" he asked, simple accent on his young but tired voice. "I coulda sworn tha's what I heard. Don't tell me I came all this way jus' t'be disappointed," he mumbled, icy eyes swerving to the man's side, where he carried a strange bag which Denver could've sworn he'd seen moving. Was he just delusional now?

Denver glanced over the man once again; he might've been attractive without the stupid feathers in his hair. An eyebrow raised and eyes rolled indiscriminately away as he stood, feeling awkward and suddenly out of place, where he should have been comfortable. Silently, he hoped this man was not as strange as he appeared. With any luck, he would be helpful and informative. If this was not the place he sought, Denver would promptly leave. There was a reason he'd come here, and nowhere else in the land. He certainly wouldn't want to be the only dog in a pack of wolves.

<style>
.DM1-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#6f2824; text-shadow:#6f2824 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.DM1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; color:#4d4d4d;}
.DM1 {background-color:#898883; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5633/74941753.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 203px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 279 :: <3

Niro looked at the man, his words cut hard on the man, though he said nothing. He knew his place. He knew what this place was meant to be. He would let the man know this too, as he didn't entirely understand.

"We are a pack of those who are outcasted, who do not belong. But this pack is not overrun by wolves if that's what you meant, though we are not prejudice to heritage, I'm sure I'll be the only pure bred wolf to disgrace your eyes."

Niro said a bit coldly to the dog, not sure how he could have reacted any better to such a ... slap in the face. What was wrong with being a wolf, it wasn't as though he went and attacked dogs for any reason, besides, Niro was the one that tended to how well the pack ate. he could tell that this dog... was not a hunter, not built for it, not like Niro at least, but he said nothing. He would not stoop so low as to say anything. he awaited his question to still be answered, he was sure that was not the reason that he was here... to try and mock a wolf, and he was sure if he was provoked even more, .... No Niro couldn't do it, not with Jiva in his pouch. He stood straighter though, and heard a rush of wings, as Marahute seemed to pick the perfect time to perch on Niro's shoulder, probably from Niro's posture and the sound of his voice that she decided to take things closer to home.

<style>
.niro-texteagle-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.niro-texteagle {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.niro-texteagle .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.niro-texteagle b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
[html]
hear me out now

Coding©Sie - Word Count: 329

Teehee.

"We are a pack of those who are outcasted, who do not belong. But this pack is not overrun by wolves if that's what you meant, though we are not prejudice to heritage, I'm sure I'll be the only pure bred wolf to disgrace your eyes." he explained, clearing taking a bitter, harsh tone in response.

Denver straightened, feeling uneasy now. It wasn't really that he felt dogs were more noble than wolves, but he knew that what he'd been promised was a dog sanctuary, and with wolves allowed in, it wasn't quite that. Denver cleared his throat in an attempt to mask the somewhat rude comment that had slipped. He didn't regret it, but he had to remember that he was trying to be on good terms with this pack's members. Especially with the black mohawked wolf that stood before him.

"Ah'm sorry, Niro," he injected, trying to correct and save himself. "All I meant was, I expected a place fer dogs, and I wasn't expectin' a wolf. Thasall." Eyes of ice blue flickered to the bag again, but he thought better than to ask about it. "How might I be gettin' in 'ere with ya, Niro?" he wondered, hoping to speed this process along. Denver needed to find out if this place was what he was searching for. He did not want to linger if it wasn't.

As if on cue as he finished speaking, a ruffle of wings and a quick, confused blast of air nearby made Denver take a few surprised steps back, letting out a dazed: "Ahh!" Coming quickly to his senses, the boy shook his head and straightened his view, now several feet farther from the Cours wolf. "What tha heck's that!?" he shouted, glaring at the bird with a flustered expression, brows furrowed. "Them things are dangerous."

Was it a trained attack bird? Well, now Denver would need to be wary. He wouldn't know how to fight a bird! It seemed easy, sure, but they had such sharp talons and beaks... The flop-eared dog recalled an incident in his early childhood involving some very curious adolescent hawk chicks that he'd stumbled upon. Needless to say, he'd left them with a bloody nose and a distaste for avians.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 276 :: <3

Niro was quiet as the dog tried to save himself. Then finally got the answer he was looking for, and he wasn’t sure he liked it or not, as rude as he had been so far, but Vigilante had told him that unless he was threatening to kill or otherwise distress the balance of the pack he was to proceed. He was quiet, and it seemed Marahute was a good distraction. He smiled as the man said that she was a dangerous creature.

I know she is. She’s a good asset though. She is a golden eagle, my companion... well one of them. Now as for getting in over here? A name would help, and a reason why we should allow you into the protection of the pack.

Niro said eyeing the man, wondering what the man would have up his sleeve now. Niro would accept most anything, it was his duty really, but he didn’t have to tell the man this right away... or even at all. Marahute’s eyes kept to the dog man, not making a sound, but this was normal for the bird. She was just like any other Golden Eagle, quiet unless absolutely needed to be heard. Though one thing was not wanting to keep quiet. Niro knew he’d have to hurry now as Jiva was getting hungry, and he wasn’t exactly the one to feed the pup... not untill he was weened, but that was much too early now. He rubbed the leather hoping to sooth his child but was quiet waiting for the answer that would be soon to come.

<style>
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
[html]
hear me out now

Coding©Sie - Word Count: 210

Short~

The ivory dog slunk a bit closer, now that the bird had calmed; he stayed out of close-range striking distance, though, fearing those razor-sharp talons and beak. The Eagle's beady little eyes stared straight at him, and he avoided it's gaze, preferring to look at the ground or at the strange man named Niro instead.

"I know she is. She’s a good asset though. She is a golden eagle, my companion... well one of them. Now as for getting in over here? A name would help, and a reason why we should allow you into the protection of the pack." he explained, ending his speech with a roundabout question.

"I s'pose I can tell ya that. It's Denver. Dever Mathis." he said, still cautiously eying the creature he called his companion. "I'm ah... well, I d'know, I'm a pretty good handyman, I guess. I can read a bit. Write. Y'know," he shrugged, trying to appease the man so that he might be allowed to go and explore this land, away from that large bird of prey, a beast nearly a third his own size, but so very light. How they managed to be such dangerous beings, he didn't know. "I'm young still, Niro, what d'ya want from me? I can learn, easy," he said, cutting his explanation short and motioning to the Eagle.

Denver was perfectly willing and able, but his annoyance with this creature and this weird man who seemed to have tamed it was rising. He didn't want to be tortured for fun; all he needed was to explore this so-called Kingdom.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 234 :: <3

Niro could tell the man was getting antsy, and though Niro would have liked to drag this out longer, he did not find it at all fun in other’s discomfort. The bird though, he was sure Marahute relished in it.

“We don’t really ask for a whole lot. Your abilities could come in handy.”

He said, though thinking to himself that he could do just those things himself, but instead he took a deep breath.

“So in other words, welcome to Cour des Miracles. I am sure the king would be pleased for your extra talents.”

He said, indicating it was ok for the man to cross the borders now. Jiva started whining, or at least louder now. The poor pup.

“I would show you around, and can still, but I must do one small thing, but if you want to explore on your own you are welcome to”

Niro said uncomfortably. He was not embarrassed by his pup, but by his inability to help at his fullest, but he could tell the man didn’t seem to want Niro around anyway. He wasn’t hurt by it, but he didn’t like prejudice. It was probably a good thing that Niro didn’t go near Inferni. He would await the man’s answer but he was already sure what the anwer was going to be.

<style>
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]
hear me out now

Coding©Sie - Word Count: 272

Yay!

“We don’t really ask for a whole lot. Your abilities could come in handy.” Niro replied, followed by a deep, slow breath, to which Denver raised a brow.

Of course he would be an asset to the pack; why wouldn't he? Denver was a curious and confident boy who could learn nearly anything, should he desire to. Still, though, pack life was foreign to him. He cleared his throat again, almost worried to be welcome in now, should he simply crumble under the social pressure. No, don't forget; you're strong, you're awesome, of course you can do this, the icy eyed dog thought to himself. If he was to be a Prince, he would need to act like one. Or at least, some version of it.

“So in other words, welcome to Cour des Miracles. I am sure the king would be pleased for your extra talents.” Niro said finally, as a strange noise emitted from the sack he carried.

What the hell's in there? he thought, eyes narrowing and scrutinizing the bag for a moment to try to figure it out. Quickly, he became disinterested, and moved to shake Niro's hand in response.

"Thank yeh, Niro. Now... where's this King y'all are you 'bout? Can I meet 'im?" Denver asked, eyes scoping the lands from where he stood, anxious to get moving again, to make sure this was a place for him. He needed to settle, for once.

“I would show you around, and can still, but I must do one small thing, but if you want to explore on your own you are welcome to," Niro added.

Denver waved a dismissing hand, already starting off over the border. After all, daylight wouldn't last forever.

"Ohh, I'll be alrigh', thank yeh." he mumbled in passing, trying to keep his manners but not really caring about much else the man had to say, now. He wanted to meet the King; there was a man who could tell him all about this place, Denver was sure.

<style>
[/html]