[j] when you mess with a demon like me
OOC:

Character Name: Viggo Rhys (("Rhys" pronounced "Reese" as in "Reese Witherspoon") Lightning Lover...take that either straightforwardly or tongue in cheek). He answers to both names equally and has no preference to which he is called.

Character Birthdate (including year): July 26, 2009

Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

Species: Canis rufus verto

A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). jsu5590m@jsu.edu

How you found 'Souls: Gotta love Google... and I may have been on here years ago in my heyday when I roleplayed, but I've not a clue on what character I might have played.

Some additional details: Viggo has the characteristic cinnamon/rusty-red coat. He's made his way into the Nova Scotia area from the Southern US area (near former Louisiana), and as such retains the characteristic Southern drawl. This accent is most prominent when he experiences strong emotions. Ironically, he has been struck by lightning not once but twice, and as such, has a very strong love/hate relationships with storms. Aside from this, I'll let the story tell itself and his history come into play all in good fashion.

Initial post/IC:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His tongue lolled from his parted maw despite the crisp air as he quietly ran along the border of the land. The scent was strong and he knew better than cross it if he wanted to join. Viggo trotted almost casually, looking for a pathway into these lands. However, his body was a bundle of nerves. Clouds had steadily been gathering overhead, almost as if they knew he was close. The air was charged with electricity as well as his anxiety. Having already possessed the small frame characteristic of his red wolf heritage, the weeks without the support of a pack had taken a toll. The emaciated Viggo had traveled far, not taking much time to hunt aside from small game and some scavenging. He was running.

Ah, and running from what. Yes, Viggo, what are you running from? He shook his head, shoving the thoughts, actions and deeds from his mind. He no longer had family, he no longer had a pack. This was all that mattered. This and getting into this new one. And getting out of the weather before the lightning found him again. Two times was two times more than any one wolf deserved to be struck.

Already his nervousness had caused him to shift through the stages of his transformation several times, each time draining a little more of his energy. The entire thing was rather new to him, and he found storms exacerbated this to no end. Not even in his wiry, yet muscular optime form did he feel very secure or powerful. Of course you don't... puny little excuse for a wolf...even as a shifter you aren't even 6'. How the arrogant have fallen. Behind him a twig snapped, triggering him to again change. Bipedalism to quadrapedalism he transformed, finding himself terrified as he was momentarily trapped in between stages before he finally arrived at the compact secui. A distant flash of lightning illuminated the sky. A deep breath was taken. Maw parted, Viggo called for someone, anyone and prayed they would get there soon.

ooc: Word count=342
[html]

Word Count → 330 :: OOC: Welcome back!! and Welcome to CdM! Big Grin

Niro was having a nice quiet day inside, as it was not one of those days to train outside with birds, it was too windy up in the sky for them and it smelled of a storm Niro didn’t care for them and niether did his birds, so today he would spend his day inside his cave home with his son, giving his mate some time to relax. Though Jiva was not weened yet, he didn’t need his mothers milk half as much as he needed when he was a newborn and now, he could wobble a little. Niro was amazed at how quickly a pup could evolve in such a short time. The boy was now able to hear and see, though his range wasn’t far and he was still nothing but belly. Niro’s ears shifted at a sound from outside. it wasn’t the storm. Turning the pup over to his mate, he left, feeling it was good to investigate. He didn’t pause, he just hurried out, he didn’t want to be caught up in a storm that would seperate his family, not when he had the time to be with them.

Upon reaching the borders he found what he thought he had heard. Seeing the young man, Niro sized him up. He wasn’t a tall wolf, as Niro was of average height for that of one, and this one was quite short. Though that mattered little. Niro was admiring the man’s coat though, a shade of reddish brown covered the newcomer. He gave a welcoming smile wondering what he was doing out here.

Hello, my name is Niro Takekuro, you’re at the borders of Cour des Miracles, is there anything I can help you with?

Niro asked. He hoped the wolf would tell him his business so they could get it over with, being out here made him nervous, he wasn’t scared of storms, but he wasn’t a fan of them either.

<style>
.niro-texteagle-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.niro-texteagle {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.niro-texteagle .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.niro-texteagle .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.niro-texteagle p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.niro-texteagle b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
ooc: Word count=201

His howl ended just as distant thunder washed over him. Golden eyes scanned the area, hoping some wolf with enough pull to let him in was nearby so this could get over with quickly, whether or not they accepted him, he just wanted shelter. Movement was heard coming softly towards him through the forest. Breathe, just breathe. This is what you wanted. His hair bristled briefly, but as a scent similar to that of the border reached him, he relaxed his fur.

Viggo had sense enough to drop his tail and ears nonthreateningly as the grey shadow approached him. The wolf before him was larger than him, through still not as large as they come, which was a relief on a night when tension already ran high within his body.

Yessir, I'm Viggo Rhys, and... Lightning flashed again, the thunder following much quicker as the storm advanced. He drew a deep breath and shut his eyes momentarily. 'n to shoot straight from the hip, I'd love to join 'n get out of this weather. I 'pologize for the bluntness, it's just the truth. His eyes glanced from the other wolf to the sky and the back to the other wolf's paws.
[html]

Word Count → 210 :: OOC: I am sorry for the delay, and also if you do not like this slight pp just give me a pm, I tried to leave it as open as possible, but I can't see Niro standing in a thunderstorm in the woods Tongue

It did not sound like the storm would let up and Niro would not stand out here in the rain. He didn’t care for it either way, but he just wanted to get back home.

“Follow me, we’ll get to a dryer area for now, and then we can discuss this.”

He said after the man revealed his need. He moved slowly towards the Chien hotel, which would be considerably dryer. He would then be able to proceed with the process, which wouldn’t take long. He could see the man was mostly only in a hurry because of the storm and Niro could entirely understand why. He moved towards the hotel sure that the other was following him. He wasn’t one to dally, and surely not on a day like this. He was glad the birds weren’t out in this, the thought, as he saw a streak of lightning pass so close to the ground, but it was too far away, though the clap of thunder made it seem as though it was right next to him. The hotel wasn’t too far ahead and he quickened his pace, seeing the old gates and the porch gave him reassurance.

<style>
.niro-texteagle-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.niro-texteagle {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.niro-texteagle .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.niro-texteagle b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
ooc: No worries. It worked best to go ahead and do it that way.
Word count=252

A small grin crossed his face as Niro said the magic words, "dryer place". His amber eyes took in the pathway and the surroundings as they walked towards an unknown dry destination. Viggo's fear of storms was currently overriding his trust issues concerning newly met wolves. Of course, this wolf smelled of the pack, but he had learned before that it didn't matter who or what a wolf smelled like, it was what was in there eyes and hearts. Thinking back, Niro's eyes seemed normal and kind enough, perhaps he was even a family man. The faint scent of pups lingered on his grey fur, so maybe so.

Gates and a weathered porch appeared in the darkness before him. A sign read "Chien Hotel". His life as a normal wolf had taught him to avoid such things, but in his short time as a luperci, he quickly learned that things had changed. Traditions and fears that had been passed along since the time of the humans and then the rise of the luperci had caused his family and his pack to steer clear of anything left from the human world or incorporated into the luperci lifestyle. Of course, that's where his story begins; with the disregard of this rule of someone else.

As his paw struck the porch, Viggo pulled himself out of his thoughts and shook the rain from his coat. Thank ya for moving us out of tha weather. He looked around, studying the place, wondering about his future fate.
[html]

Word Count → 199 :: <3

Niro was quiet the whole time, he wanted to get to the hotel, and without delay and the best way to do that was to stay silent. Though when they got to their destination and he opened the door for Viggo it was a totally different story. He had a smile on his face, happy to know that they were in a well grounded place, so lighting was not likely to snatch the large building away from them in a torrent of flames.

“Not a problem, now there is only one question I must ask you before you can settle in. That is, for our protection, what is it you can offer us in return?”

Niro asked, as he moved them into the firelit common room, where it was warm and dry. He missed living here, it had been so easy to see his friends, but he knew about how Amaranth wanted her privacy, and the seaside cave they owned was nice and well protected. He turned to the male with expectant eyes. The man seemed to have been through a lot, and Niro was quite certain that he would have no problems joining.

<style>
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
ooc: Word count=305

The warm crackling of the fire felt good on Viggo's damp fur. Niro seemed to know his way around the place very well, and there appeared a slight bit of some emotion--possibly regret or longing--in his eyes. What is it you can offer us in return? The question he had been waiting on. Sadly, all his rehearsed lines, all the practice he had worked on through his journeys gone from his mind. He took a deep breath, trying to regain his thoughts.

Skills... maybe he should start there, but did Rhys have any to speak of? Perhaps just traits? Qualities? His heart sank as he opened his mouth, but luckily, hopefully, it saved him.

"Niro, I'm not the best at anythin', huntin', teachin', leadin', but I am good at somethin's. I'm loyal to a fault. I try harder than almost any wolf you'll ever meet. My youth, while it hinders me with some things and experiences, aids me with speed and strength, despite my small stature. You could say I'm a piece of... how's the sayin' go... dynamite in a small barrel?" He chuckled at the expression he was sure he butchered. Viggo didn't even know what dynamite was, but it was the turn of phrase he had recently heard, and he liked it. "I'm looking for a place to help and be helped... to be honest with ya again, I'm rather new to the whole luperci thing an' I'd love any guidance in that capacity."

Shifting his weight, he glanced at Niro, eager to be accepted, or at least hear the verdict. Hell, if they rejected him but they let him stay in this cozy warm place just until the storm was over he'd be a happy duck. The rain drummed on the roof, but sounded as if it hadn't slacked at all.
[html]

Word Count → 267 :: OOC: I'll have Meg accept you asap :3

Niro listened quietly to the young man as he spoke, though he was not good at one particular thing he mentioned he was like Niro, a jack of all trades, though Niro had one big interest, his birds. As mentioned though Viggo had not been a luperci long, Niro was sure that he would find something that interested him and would stick, he was both young and stout, so that gave him points.

“I see no problems with being able to do the little things, we need wolves like that, and it’s always welcome, so you are welcome to stay if you wish, Vigilante would be happy enough too I think. He is our king here.”

Niro said, he always made sure to mention his own king while accepting a member, why would he let someone think him the authority around here? He had some, but when it came down to it Vigilante was the man to go to.

“This hotel is where you can start out at, there’s many open rooms, you can stay to live or just stay temporarily. Just remember each wolf likes their own privacy so we don’t go into each other’s rooms unless invited.”

He was going to regret having to leave the warm room, where he was drying off, but he knew that soon he’d have to leave to go back to his family, and make sure that Amaranth had the company she needed during the storm, it wouldn’t be a pleasant walk back home, that was for sure, he thought miserably.

<style>
</style>
Table by Sie

[/html]
ooc: Okay, awesome! And thanks!
Word count=210

Cinnamon ears perked as Niro spoke. Welcome here? He was actually welcomed...not just admitted but welcomed. Viggo's tail wagged unconsciously at the news. His heart was doing flips, and if it weren't entirely inappropriate, he would be doing them as well. Not only would he be doing flips, he would be barking and howling--shouting his joy to the world the best way he knew how!

'Vigilante...he is our king here.' That answered his next question. While Niro obviously held a good amount of power, he didn't seem to have complete power, yet he was obviously high ranking. Why else would he be allowed to greet newcomers, much less give them preliminary acceptance without the king. Vigilante and Niro... such powerful names. Viggo only hoped he could live up to the trust they had already shown towards him.

Bowing to Niro momentarily, he thanked him enthusiastically. "Thank you so much Niro. You've just made me the happiest wolf around." He smiled and continued. "You've no idea just how much this means. And I won't disappoint you... to yourself for trusting me or to your king for your judgement of accepting me. Viggo glanced around, eyes peering into the darkness ready to not only explore but to choose a room of his own.