Don't know where I'm going
[html]
ooc: Lili wishes to go into Animal Care, if possible, please and thank you. :3
Word Count: 462

Flynn had been guiding her for some time now. After entering the area almost a week prior, Lili and her mate had camped out and let Flynn scout out the area, searching for packs--but mostly a pack that would be right for them. It had taken him two days; he'd woken Lili at dawn on the third, and started tugging and pulling her in a south-eastern direction. He was very insistant, and almost incoherent in his excitement, so Lili had gone alone; Flynn tended to peck when he was excited, and Luke was still wary of him. It came from not being able to speak to him, Lili supposed, but all the same she'd rather keep them both as comfortable as possible. That meant going without Luke.

When they came upon the pack Flynn had found, Lili felt more nervous than she was already. She'd smelled--and sensed--many wolves inhabiting the area, but had, in a miraculous stroke of luck, run into no one. It was better that way; the closer she got to the pack Flynn believed she would be happy in, the more nervous she became, until Flynn, flying ahead, had to circle back every now and then and peck at her fingers to keep them from twisting her braid nervously. It wouldn't do to look too travel-worn, would it? And pulling her braid out of its neatly woven strands wouldn't help any.

They'd come upon the fence yesterday. Lili was somewhat doubtful about living in a fenced-in area, but the herbs within, and Flynns soothing words, convinced her to give it a closer look. He lead her around the fence, to a small opening, and by that time it was nightfall. Lili hadn't wanted to disturb anyone with her call, so they retreated for the night, but now, bright and early the next morning, they stood in front of the opening, Lili once again twisting her braid nervously in her hands. Flynn twitched his head to the side, eying her fingers, before he huffed and shuffled his wings from his perch on her shoulder.

He crooned softly in low-speech, and she tilted her head, getting a vague impression of him circling over her head high enough for someone to see, and a feeling of contempt for her fear of howling for someone. Nervously, Lili made a sound half between a chirp and a whine, an agreement, and he took off, his great wings sending a gust of wind and a smell distinctly Flynn's into her face. It made her feel a little better.

Standing before the pack lands, twisting her braid and hugging herself with her elbows, Lili watched Flynn circle, and hoped someone wouldn't arrive before she got her nerves under control.

[/html]
[html]

Hello hello hello :3 (Nootau: Visible)

Even in her state of being...well, pregnant...Ralla had managed to get the observatory up and ready, with help, of course, from Shiloh and Kemo. Even being blind, her mate had tried his best, although the white wolfess could tell that something was troubling him as of late. Her duties to the Great Fire were amazingly becoming less as J'adore and Oceane seemed to do more than their part--a fact that she appreciated, as she felt herself tiring more easily due to the pregnancy--and she was left free to begin work on decorating the observatory. There was no bridge to it, only traversing the branches to its platform would suffice. And since she had begun learning the script--which she was proud to say that she was learning fast--she had begun to use the paper they had to practice the simpler, shorter stories, so that if she messed up it wouldn't cause a huge waste.

In fact, that day, Ralla was saddling Sugar up for the half-day's ride up to Cercatori D'Arte so that she may trade for paper. In her pack were more odd knick knacks and baubles that she thought were fair for haggling, as well as a few furs that she could trade for ink. She had had to calm Kemo multiple times, assuring him that'd she be fine and back late that night, before he had budged in her solitary trip. The tribe still needed all the hands it could get, what with the spring ceremony coming up, and with a shiver of excitement she thought about the unveiling of the bone tree. Round stomach resting on the curve of the brown quarter horse's back, Ralla let the gelding's hooves take her northeast, towards the trail she knew best to Cercatori. However, something else caught her eye. From a flash of gold and red, like a small blaze, Nootau appeared from the air and flew about Ralla, a specter, intrigued as she was. The barn owl spirit guide drifted towards the anomaly, which turned out to be that of a bird circling as if there was prey to be had, the other bird taking no mind to Nootau, Ralla assuming that at the moment he was visible to only her. But as to the other raptor, Ralla smelled no blood, and when Nootau returned, he very plainly reported "Visitor,". Quirking her head and arching an eyebrow over forest green eyes, Ralla then trotted towards the source of the intrigue, finding herself at the AniWayan borders, a chain-link fence all that was between her and the other.

The female was black and white, and although her face was mostly black, there was a dusting of white along her muzzle; Like snow, or stars, Ralla mused as she came closer. "Hello," she said amiably, looking down at the newcomer. The crescent moon brand on the snowy wolfess was plain and black in the daylight, and her tooth and claw necklaces jangled a little as Sugar halted his progress. Ralla was not in the least perturbed by the disturbance, but was in fact a little worried by how nervous the other wolfess was acting. "You're at the borders of AniWaya. Is there someway I can help you?" Very forward, as always, Nootau perched close to the female on top of the chain-link fence, no noise coming from it as he was weightless and immaterial to begin with. With black eyes he stared at the female, making his own assessment of her. If there was one thing that Ralla could count on with Nootau, it was that where she was kind and often overlooked faults or dangers, he was there to guide her away from them and advise her.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Hello~ Big Grin

Word Count: 398

Lili didn't have nearly enough time to compose herself and think of what she wanted to say to whomever would approach before she heard hooves on the grass. She twisted her long braid hard enough to pull at her skull and almost hurt before she let it go, just as the white wolf came into sight. The color of her fur only made Lili more nervous; was she an arctic wolf? Did she know anything about the Flynn family, or their misfortunes after Lili had been born? Would she consider Lili a bad omen, as well? She clenched her hands nervously at her sides, lowering her gaze and her ears as she tried to think of something to say that wouldn't sound foolish.

Flynn swooped down a few moments later, alighting on the fence himself and peering at the greeter curiously. Lili looked up shyly as the other wolf spoke, somewhat soothed by the friendly tone of voice--she had to remember not everyone would look down on her the way her family had, though it was hard, with only Luke for real company. U-um...y-yes, I'd...I'd like to...Like to... She dropped her gaze again and closed her maw, shifting on her feet nervously. She wished Luke had come with her, or even Ire, but she was on her own.

Spit it out, out! Flynn screeched in high-speech, and Lili jumped a bit, lifting her gaze again and doing just that. I'd like to join if at all possible, with my mate and our traveling party. She said quickly, and then ducked her head, her hands once more twisting her braid nervously. That had been a bit abrupt, and when she said "traveling party" it sounded like there were more wolves than herself and Luke, when there weren't. She should probably say something else.

I...I mean, um...L-Luke and I would like to join, and w-we're bringing along a pony and two sh-ships--sheep. Two sheep. Flynn tended to call them ships, which was funny and a bit of an inside joke, though Lili had to remember they were sheep. She didn't even know what a ship was. Gaining a bit of courage now that she'd said her piece, Lili lifted her gaze slightly again, looking at the horse the other female rode on rather than the wolfess, herself.

[/html]
[html]

Nonchalantly popping in here; feel free to reply to just me, and Rachel can swing back in when she's ready. ^^

Accompanying the smell of a stranger at the borders — how strange, that he had already become so accustomed to the AniWayan scent to notice it — was Nootau, the little barn owl that he had seen sticking close to Ralla not days before. Tattered ears perked, curious why the owl had swept by, and when it dashed past again the two-legged male gingerly followed. Empty, plaid sleeve flapping in the wind, Jefferson took to his leader duties as he would a Patriarch in Phoenix Valley; he was no Kalona, he knew, as he did not represent AniWaya well enough, but with Dawali's illness the clan and its joiners would just have to make do with a pain in the ass greeting them rather than the peace and nonchalance the normal Kalona provided. If nothing else, perhaps the AniWayans needed a taste of the real world, how harsh it was, outside of their ghosts and spirits and big flaming fires.

He came upon them moments later, arriving in time to hear the black-faced nervous girl stammer a nervous response to Ralla, who had already arrived. The brute that he was, he encroached on their conversation with little to no regret, a scarred monster in the presence of peace. "What's your name?" he said, his head held high as always, a brutish charisma about him despite the ever-present scowl darkening his features. "How are you two going to hold your weight here? Donations are all well and good, but you'll need to work for your stay. Both of you."

A pause. He hated to introduce himself away from home. "I'm Jefferson," he muttered, finally. "I'm the stand-in leader."

<style>
.assersonback .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.assersonback p {padding:2px 30px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.assersonback b {color:#6FD230; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000; }
.assersonback {background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /back2.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thank you Lin; I've been having fails on life lately; pray that the b-day cake tomorrow isn't one, or I'm gonna make a 5 year old cry! D: I don't want those tears on my hands T-T On the other hand, apologies to Raine for my tardiness >.>

To say that Ralla jumped a foot in the air would be a scarce understatement after hearing a bird speak in high speech. And then Jefferson arrived, scarcely giving Ralla cause to calm down. In fact, she about let out a yelp at his sudden appearance; not his looks, per say, but just his sudden showing up. Kemo'll kill me if I have a heart-attack before I've even left the pack lands, she thought as she clutched a hand to her chest, sighing a breath of relief. She was really getting to be too easily startled for her own good; she wouldn't be surprised if a heart attack came soon, anyhow.

"Hello, Jefferson," Ralla said amiably, a form of reassuring the newcomer of his standing by recognition. In this particular case, even though it was her tribe, she was outranked. She was not unhappy to be so; it allowed her to see a leader at work so that perhaps one day she could emanate the confidence. "Think of it though, Jefferson. Sheep are useful in many ways. And Liliana could use the help," Ralla said in confidence to the newcomer. She could tell by the black and white wolfess's speech that she was nervous, so Ralla tried to help her along. She knew from her prior meeting with the Phoenix Valley Patriarch that he was not the most tactful in conversation, even if he was skilled and fair. "If she has been able to guard and care for sheep from however far she came from, I can only imagine what would happen if she helped our Nadie Tadita in her work." Although she said this, she could not support it with anymore than first-hand speculation. A moment passed as perhaps he considered her words, although she would not be offended if he did not. Her words were only encouragements for the other to speak up and continue her justifications, after all. Introducing himself, Ralla realized she had forgotten the formality as well. "And my name is Ralla, an Otlvna Gata." From his perch beside the other woman's bird, Nootau looked back and quirked his head at Jefferson, a capricious air to him. Ralla raised an eyebrow to her spirit guide, suspicious of his activities for a moment before dismissing them. Who was she to question the spirits?

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait on this! I was taking my SAT. ^^;

Lili wasn't the only one who jumped at Flynn's words, though the paler wolf did it in a much more literal sense. A few moments later, another wolf appeared, giving the pale woman no chance to get over Flynn's words. Lili nervously grabbed her braid again as he began speaking in a harsh, clipped tone, but she could see from the other wolfess' respect that he was no one to cower from, if she wanted in to the pack. Today's card had been Strength, and while that wasn't the literal meaning of the card, she took it to mean she would need courage today. So, letting go of her braid and squaring her shoulders, she faced him, hiding her fear behind a determined face.

My name is Lili. She proclaimed, and then she glanced to Flynn, somewhat hesitantly. Flynn, you can go get Luke now. She spoke in low-speech, her voice somewhat drawling the words. Flynn cocked his head a bit, the impression of Luke coming across quite clearly. He would probably be very helpful at this moment, wouldn't he? Flynn remembered Lili wasn't very good with people. He took off from the fence, wheeling a few times in the air as a sign that he was going before he took off, toward the encampment she'd left her mate and their animals in.

They'd had a bit of conversation while she was sending Flynn off, but Lili managed to catch the gist of it. I'm more than willing to work for my keep. I'm good with animals--I can speak to them--and I'm most comfortable working with them. But wherever you need an extra hand, I can be. I can't speak for Luke, and seeing as he's not here to speak for himself, that will have to be enough. She crossed her arms and looked away, uncertain where all this sass had come from, but it was what she felt. And she had a backbone, when it was needed.

She hesitated as Ralla introduced herself, and recalled the strange title the pale wolfess had used before. Turning back to them curiously, She perked her ears uncertainly, slowly uncrossing her arms. I'm...unfamiliar with the titles you use. How is this pack run, exactly? Now she was feeling doubtful. Flynn had felt this pack was good for them, and Lili trusted Flynn's judgement--really, she did! Just because he was a bird didn't mean he wasn't trustworthy at all times, about everything...right?--but it seemed a bit...strange.

And yet, she couldn't help but think, We'll fit in perfectly here.

<style>
.luckytarot02 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.luckytarot02 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.luckytarot02 b {color:#daa43b; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.luckytarot02 {background-color:#634020; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2346/lucky01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c1bbb2; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:110px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Nah, I understand completely; my own SAT's and AP exams and finals and...etc. >_>...are coming up, but we all know how it is Tongue I have permission from Jefferson's player that I can take over the thread from here and he is to be treated as an entity listening idly by. He will be the one to officially accept Lili into the pack :3

The woman spoke to the bird, and although Ralla knew broken low speech, it was mostly horse. All she could get from the interaction was 'Flynn', 'get', and 'Luke', but the other had mentioned a Luke earlier, who she had assumed to the be the spoken of mate. Nootau watched Flynn as he spiraled, his head following him closely as his eyes themselves could not, but remained where he was. This assured Ralla, because obviously the spirit guide found no fault with the action or the newcomers thus far. Regardless, she could feel her bond to him, and that he was still assessing them.

"I'm afraid I'll have to hear Luke's part as well," Ralla said with a bit of an apology. Jefferson was right, despite his blunt way of phrasing it; the tribe was still trying to recover, and could not do with those who could not work. These days, even the wood that Ralla chopped for firewood was being used for repairs, although she did not mind. Soon they would not have to chop as much wood as before since summer was coming, but instead allow the forest to re-seed and regrow. Always was Ralla careful not to over-cut the forest, and she always left the youngest trees well enough alone. "As I said, we would be happy to have another animal caretaker and have some sheep, but your mate must find a use as well. I'm sure there is something for him; there's something for everyone." Which was true enough; the tribe was one large family, and functioned as such. Sometimes Ralla could not hunt for herself and Kemo was busy patrolling the borders, and the Master Hunter of their tribe would still have brought back plenty or have some stored away for the tribe. It was a cycle of give and take.

"Oh, forgive me; I sometimes forget not to use the AniWayan terms," Ralla apologized. "An Otlvna Gata is a second tier Fire Keeper. Our tribe is run through a very simple ranking system, actually. At the top is our Kalona--our Chief--and then there are those on the Council, who we have none as of yet. Everyone is split into profession paths here. It's a three-tiered system where you follow a specific duty and may advance if our Kalona sees dedication and potential. We have tiers in medicine, fire tending, war, scouting, crafting, hunting, and animal care," Ralla said as she counted them off on her fingers. "We're a slightly more traditional pack, although we often refer to ourselves as a tribe, rather. I like to think of us as more of a large family." Ralla smiled broadly then, even to Jefferson, because in her mind, the family did not end merely at AniWaya. It expanded to all of those who shared their goals and blood and feelings of compassion.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]

Alrighty then~ I'm glad I got my SATs out of the way early, and it only took me a whole friggin' week. x_x Awful, horrible things. And now my internet service is having issues nationwide, so the whole thing is down. I just barely managed to steal grandma's computer, and I was REALLY sneaky by asking if I could use it until the outage was fixed, which will happen who knows when. -/evil laughter- You can't tell I'm addicted, can you? xD

Lili blinked and whipped her head back around, instantly contrite and apologetic, nervous once again. Oh, no, I meant...I meant...I can't sp-speak for him, h-he'd probably h-hate it if...If I picked something for him and he...didn't...d-didn't l-like it, you know? It was better if Luke chose his own tasks. Lili was dedicated to her work with animals, though they gave her little free time and were almost thankless for her hard work. Luke...she didn't know if Luke had anything like that. A medic, maybe? A crafter? Lili pondered this in the depths of her mind, even as she paid strict attention to the pale female and her temporary leader.

The way the pack was run sounded fascinating! She remembered something a bit like a ranking system at home, though they called her, in plain terms, the omega. She hadn't ever worked there; it was no wonder they'd run her off so easily. Here...maybe she could prove herself. Maybe she could become a member well-known enough not to be accused of causing bad luck, of being a bad omen. She'd brought death to her family, or so her grandfather said; here...here she could bring skill. She rather liked that thought.

It was Ralla's last sentence, about thinking of them all as one big family, that did Lili in. Her smile broadened, and she twisted her hands together, shyly. I'd really like to be a part of a big family again. Her voice held secrets and hidden shame, but it was the plain and simple truth; she wanted a family again. Hell, she'd never had one in the first place; she wanted to belong to one now.

AniWaya was perfect for her.

<style>
.luckytarot02 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.luckytarot02 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.luckytarot02 b {color:#daa43b; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.luckytarot02 {background-color:#634020; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2346/lucky01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c1bbb2; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:110px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

It's alright; most of us are addicted, too Tongue

"Our paths aren't so strict. If it should be that you find yourself more suited to another rank as you progress, you may switch. You must start from the bottom each time, though," she said as reassurance. "Most members start off as Itses, though, if they are undecided in their paths." A faraway look was on the other woman's face as Ralla explained the pack, but she could tell that the black and white female was considering; and obviously liking the ideals. Ralla had been fascinated by the peppering of white on the other's face for a time; it was truly fascinating. Ever-introspective, Ralla thought it a good omen, since she associated most celestial objects with good things. Granted, things such as the red planet or rainbow rings around the sun were actually bad, but stars on a wolf? It certainly couldn't be bad. After the snowstorm, Ralla was convinced to follow her gut feelings more and not be afraid to express what she perceived, as was her duty and lot in life. The Great Spirits and moon did not send messages and signs merely to be ignored.

Ralla was happy to see the other wolfess's face brighten as she finished her explanation. "We'd be glad to have you, then," she said, hearing the sudden change in tone as the other wolfess spoke. It had an air of sadness; a sadness so close to Ralla's own when she had first arrived; without a home, run away from family, hopeful of the chance in front of her. "Jefferson and I will bring you in; that is, if he wasn't on his way elsewhere?" she semi-asked, looking to their stand-in Kalona in question. She would not mind either way, and would accompany her in to see her settled. Cercatori D'Arte could wait.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
  1. Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  2. Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.
  3. Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.

Preferred:
  1. If you've joined the game as a Loner, do begin considering packs and which you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  2. If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.

Optional:
  1. Most packs have games, if you've joined as a pack wolf. All members are welcome to play Word of the Day, earn achievements in the Catacombs, and participate in general silliness in the Games and Fun forum.

Still Need a Bit of Help?

You can find a wealth of information on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference. Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.

[/html]