Date:25 April

Setting: Millstone Village

Time: Morning

Word Count: 502

Point Reasons: WC and creating an neutral land AW

Character Form: Optime
[/html]

[html]

You can ignore the first bit, Io is basically standing in the middle of the village by some veg beds and a collapsed shed. No need to match length.

This little village was almost becoming boring to the female. Even after only being there an hour or so, the small Amish village did not offer up much due to it's inhabitants symplistic ways, she had found a few cookbooks, but even they were basic and primative. Though Io couldn't evade the fact that this place was very pretty. Silver eyes floated frm object to object, it was facinating to the doggish woman. With all the electricity and gadgets humans had, how could anyone revert back to such primative ways. It was not as if Io found intrest in what technology humans had. It was purely the fact that she, being from a productive, working pack, did not understand. Why on earth would you shun new, worthwhile technology, when it could save lives, architect better, safer buildings. It was all a forgein concept to the woman, who's pack celebrated any new discovery of a new asset. Io pulled herself from the table top with a ununderstanding headshake and a heavy sigh.

Picking her bag up, she left the quaint kitchen, she left the little house all together and made her way outside. She figured, if there were no shops about, then they much have home grown food. And although as her silver eyes found a few vegtable beds, the contents hand long been eaten by vermin. There were probably seeds somewhere in this village, a garden shed maybe. Silver eyes spotted a shed, large dilapidated, but still covering whatever was inside it. A swift kick to the corner support brought the roof down, giving her clear access to whatever she found useful within the shack. As she thought she did indeed find seeds, still good, still useable. She also found a few small garden tools which she placed in her bag. She also found a couple of snails, but she had no intention of putting them in her bag. As she stood up, ungracefully may I add, she walked away, kicking stray planks of wood and broken flowerpot. Scaring the shit out of any hiding spiders.

Silver eyes once again took to the horizon, she had still not found any food stuffs. Nothing caught her eye as of yet, so see decided to wander around for a bit, there may have been some wild food sources around the outside of the village. A thought crossed her mind, she needed something event full to happen in her life. With all the nonstop focus on either cooking or the puppies inside of her, she was becoming little more than a homunculus with no life. It was a boring existence, but Io was contented at least. Cooking gave her purpose even though it was painfully repetitive, it was the one thing that she solely enjoyed, skillwise. Singing was just a hobby. Entertainment had not been on the minds of the people who created her home pack's ranks. She was a cook, that had been and was now infact still her title. Though not officially in Inferni.

<style type="text/css">
.ioheart1 b {font-weight:bold; color: #4C4F56; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ioheart1 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ioheart1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ioheart1 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color: #ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... oheart.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color: #960018; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 324
OOC: And they meet again! >Big Grin

Before heading southward, Darkness had decided to explore the territories to the northwest. He wanted to scale as much land as he possibly could, simply for the sake of getting out and looking around. This morning, however, he had realized that he was virtually out of dye. So the dark man had walked through the forest, following a path that seemed to lead to nowhere, and found himself in a village. It was nice, quiet, and cozy, and he wouldn't have minded deciding to stay in one of these houses... if it weren't for the fact that the closest source of water he had seen was a river. If he was going to continue being a rock collector, he couldn't stay here.

Still, he decided it couldn't hurt to poke around a bit. He was running out of dye; maybe he could find some here. So Darkness began a short quest of finding dye, but he was disappointed when he checked nearly every house - or so he thought - and found absolutely nothing. With a slightly frustrated huff, Darkness adjusted the satchel around his shoulder and started to head out of the town. Suddenly a familiar scent caught his nose. "Inferni," he muttered. He had been near the coyote pack's territory recently and sent away by a couple of the members, Io and Aeron, and also met a loner named Jaden. It was the largest amount of canines he had ever been around and talking to at the same time, and he loved it.

Curious, he began to follow the smell, eventually making his way to a small area near a collapsed shed. It took him a moment to realize that the figure before him was Io Berlin herself; he had last seen her in Secui last and wasn't used to her standing on two legs. "Hi, Io!" he called out with a friendly wag of his tail. "What brings you over here?"

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-03 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-03 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-03 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: yay!/p>

A frown crossed Io's face as her slated silver eyes hit a dark figure. 'Wolf', she responded sourly. A hand moved to her stomach like it always did whenever she was out of territory these days. 'I need food stuffs', she asnwered, her voice as dead as usual. The reminder of their first meeting was fresh in her mind and seeing him here only brought distaste to her mind. 'What are you doing here?' Io grinned menacingly, 'And so close to Inferni, yet again'. Did he not learn last time? Playing with the male was going to be fun, Io was in the moood for annoying people today. But she had a feeling this male was going to be happy, how she hated upbeat people.

White hind legs moved forward creating a slow, yet powerful pace. Crap, his tail is wagging, Io thought as she approached. 'Idiotyczny wilki nigdy nie nauczy'. He would not understand her home tongue, so she was free to speak of the male in the most derogatory terms. 'bękart'. Her maw twisted into a manic smile, she was free to torture him. She stopped some way from him, not wanting to peregrinate too close. No she had more sense than to risk her life.

<style>
.io-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rn05r.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:75px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; border-top:1px dotted #000000; }
.io-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.io-txt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.io-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.io-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.io-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.io-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 322

Io greeted him with her typical dryness, which he responded to with his typical friendliness. "Food? I think I might've passed some in some old house, but I don't remember which one." He kept his smile, wanting to approach and have a nice conversation - friendly or otherwise - but he knew that he had probably insulted her pack at their last meeting and didn't want to seem rude again.

He was confused to hear Io mention that he was "close to Inferni". He hadn't traveled that little, had he? All he knew was that, after running into her, Aeron, and the other black wolf, Darkness had continued his travels by going east. It had taken a few days to discover the little town. Maybe the fact that he was a loner and had no idea where he was going came into play here; it would have only taken him a few hours at most to get to Millstone Village if he had known where he was going. "I've just been around the territory, that's all. Figured it never hurt to explore. Plus I'm starting to run out of dye; know where to get some berries around here?"

To his sheer excitement, Io was first to approach, walking over to him slowly. She spoke in a foreign language, and as he was only fluent in English his first reaction was to be curious. He had subconsciously noticed her accent, but the idea that she wasn't from the area hadn't struck him. He tried to imitate the words quietly, which came out in a mangled jumble that did not in the least resemble a language. Slightly frustrated, he tilted his head and looked at Io. "What's that mean?" he asked, his naïve personality spotlighted by the fact that he wasn't picking up on the fact that she was wearing a twisted smile and was probably using a foreign language for a good reason.

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character, Word Count, Etc.

'Znalazłem lepszych źródeł', she answered matter of factly. Hopefully this would wind the wolf up, speaking in a tongue he did not understand. She was fortunante enough to grow up learning two languages, though before leaving her homeland she had not spoken much English. No matter how hard she tried she could never hide her accent.

She ignored the wolf as he continued to speak, whatever he had to say was irrelevent to the woman and had no use. Though when he question what she had said she couldn't help but respond. 'Byłem Was obraża', came her blunt reply, he was stupid, he could not understand what she was saying. And how it entertained Io.

Io frowned, placing a hand on her stomach. 'Now, is there a reason you have held me here for conversation? Because I do not feel one hundred percent'. Her words came out harsher than she expected them to.A thin hand was raised to her forehead, and the hybrid let out a sorrowful sigh. 'Apologises' she said softly. She was being harsh perhaps, but today she was not in the mood for arsing about. The woman moved over to a small bench outside of one of the houses. Sitting down slowly, she turned to Darkness, 'Where were we?'

<style type="text/css">
.iovial-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.iovial b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f412f; letter-spacing:1px}
.iovial p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.iovial {margin:0 auto; background-color:#dcbc8d; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/2wnp9jn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#80664b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #393222; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 214
Short and cruddy post

Io blatantly ignored his questions, which he supposed was well-deserved considering the fact that he had blatantly ignored her hostility back at the borders a few days ago. He couldn't help but be a bit annoyed by this, but he shoved those thoughts aside. He would probably be leaving the area soon, anyway; after he made his way southeast he wanted to be away from these mountains. While he was in the area it didn't hurt to at least try to make friends. He shook his head at her apology; it wasn't necessary.

"I was asking you what you were saying," Darkness answered once the accented coyote hybrid was finished. "Sorry if I'm bothering you; I could leave." He readjusted his satchel and stayed standing near Io, trying to show that he was willing to leave. He would hate to be holding her back from anything, but he really was curious and just had to know something before he left, regardless of whether or not she wanted him gone. Maybe she didn't hear me the first time?

Clearing his throat, making sure that he would be heard this time around, he asked, "What were you saying, again?" Being curious, he had a feeling that he wasn't going to leave until he had an answer.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

occgoodnessss

A tear fell down Io's bicolored face. She shook her head, 'No, this is neutral territory'. A change in contrast from her earlier comment and those of the days before. 'It is just... nothing'. She shrugged, she had no excuse. A woman like her should be able to control her emotions and actions, and her words.

'Something in Polish. But it does not matter what I was saying' she stated softly. She did not want to admit she had been insulting him. The forgein woman smiled, softly. 'So, you are a loner?' It wasn't something she cared about, but her youngest son was a loner and perhaps she could ask him to subtly keep an eye on him.

The thin digets of her right hand played with the fur on her chest, while the woman's left hand rested on her stomach, trying to persuade her children to stop moving and give her some peace. One would assume that she would be used to such feelings after four other litters, she was but she never the less found the movements irritating. Io was a woman would liked her privacy, when carrying a litter, it was harder to escape from others. It made her feel powerless sometimes.

<style type="text/css">
.Ioafreeb2a b {font-weight:bold; color:#518F00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ioafreeb2a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4d; text-align:center;}
.Ioafreeb2a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Ioafreeb2a {margin:0 auto; width:444px; background-color:#c2c2c3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... reeb02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8cd701; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.Ioafreeb2a-border1 {width:446px; border:1px solid #4c4c4d; margin:0 auto;}
.Ioafreeb2a-line1 {width:410px; border-bottom:1px dotted #676767; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → Another short post; doesn't matter
Hopefully I'll manage 300 words next time....

Well, Darkness certainly hadn't been expecting the mood swing. It didn't matter much to him; if she was willing to be less abrasive, it came to his advantage, since it meant that she might be willing to talk more. He supposed that she had about as much control over her mood as he had over what he said, which wasn't much.

Whatever Io had told him before, it was in "Polish" - probably just another language that he didn't know anything about - and she still wouldn't give a translation. At this point he gave up on being persistent; maybe she also enjoyed talking to herself, but just did it in another language so she could keep her private thoughts to herself. It made sense, and now the wolf noticed that he might have been acting rude to keep asking what she was saying.

Females. He'd never understand them completely.

Fortunately Io decided to change the subject, which he answered with a nod. "For as long as I can remember, yup." This is just another destination in my travels. I dunno if I'm going to stick around or what, but I'm not looking forward to going over those mountains again."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Mines short too Smile

Io scoffed slightly, 'I do not see the point of being a loner, I was a loner once but it served me n purpose'. Her words were sharp, but said in a low tone softening them a little. Her accent still gave the words edge,but that was something she couldn't help. 'Where do you come from?' was her next inquiry, again she cared not but it was something to keep the conversation going. The woman's hand pulled a lighter and a cigarette from her satchel. Closing her eyes as she took a drag from it, her gaze fell upon a tree not far away. 'Want one?' Again it was politness, a single cigarette was not much to offer up.

Io scoffed again, it had not taken her long to osmose that this wolf was an idiot, 'Then go around them'. Her reply was flat and perhaps slightly harsh. She had been worse with her sharp words recently, understandably. She did try her best to soften her comments but most of the time she failed to cushion them enough. Sarajevo had been good enough to ignore his mother's fiery words, keeping his eyes on his work and blocking his mind to her fevered rants.

<style>
.io-t98 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.io-t98 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.io-t98 b {color:#22352B; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.io-t98 {background-color:#AACAB9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JP6KX.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#426352; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:125px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 598
Thank you for giving him tobacco! Really helped me boost my posting muse; I just love writing about my characters in situations like this. This is a decent post.

She was right about the fact that being a loner served no purpose. Darkness was a social canine and he knew it; he was just a natural explorer and his curiosity made him want to travel; it outdid any need to talk with others. Besides, if he started to like this place, he might try to hear some information on the different packs; maybe, just maybe, he might settle in with one of them. Who knew what the future held, though? He had enough trouble trying to think about his past. Besides, getting around this entire land was going to take a while, and it was virtually useless trying to think of what would happen to him even after that. Like the simple dogs that had lived years before him and years before Luperci, Darkness was the type of canine who lived in the moment, and at this moment nothing could change that.

His thoughts were interrupted by an offering: a strange yellow and white thing, which was smoking at one end. He didn't want to decline the offer; it was the nicest thing she had done for him - no, the only thing she had done for him - since they had met and he felt it would be rude to object. He remembered seeing a few Luperci walking around with this thing in their mouths; was he supposed to use it to breathe or something? Why would someone want to stick something in their jaws that was on fire? Besides, it smelled bad. Still, he wasn't going to argue; with a shrug, he took it silently, and stuck it in his mouth, sticking it in the side and biting down on it.

He took in one breath and he had to fight back a dozen coughs. He felt like he was choking on fire. Why had he put this thing in his mouth in the first place? Instantly he tore it out, a bit forcefully, and let out a few strangled coughs. He acted like he was going to put it in his satchel, speaking to try to avert Io's attention from the infernal burning... thing. "Um, I'm s-sorry, did you ask me something?" He spoke slowly for once, making him sound even more stupid, but he just wanted to keep her attention away from the fact that he was trying to get the thing to stop burning, burning out itself and his nose.

Keeping his gaze mostly on her, glancing down every so often, he was fumbling around in his satchel, trying to get it open, shove the smoking stick in his jar, and shut the lid; he had heard that a fire that wasn't exposed to air would stop burning, and as long as it didn't burn his jar and his satchel he would do anything to make it go out. He was making quite a bit of noise in the process, so he kept talking, raising his voice. "Um, uh, where I came from? Oh, er, I really don't know. S-See, I got hit by a plan-plank of wo-wood, and, uh, um, I, er, kinda just lost my me-memory, and..." He dragged out the last word; having finally got his jar open successfully, he threw the smoking stick inside, slammed the lid shut, gave it a quick but firm twist, and retreated his hands, giving his satchel one final slap to close it.

Then his hands were at his side, and he let out a shaky sigh. "You were saying?" As if he thought she hadn't seen anything that he had just done.

<style>
</style>[/html]