Heart to Heart
[html]

It's time Ralla started acting like a mother! D:< (Nootau: Visible)

It was mid-day and breezy, and Ralla found herself looking around the pack lands in her lupus form with Nootau on the prowl as well. Both were searching for Ralla's adopted daughter, Ayasha, mostly because Ralla felt like she needed to spend some time with her daughter. She felt like she had not been firm enough in her discipline or even around often enough to form a bond, which she desperately wanted to have with her family. Everyone seemed to have their own agendas--even Kemo, who she noticed had grown more distant still--and she had the urge to reconnect. She would find Kemo later that night and speak to him about it, but for now he was busy with his duties, and she did not want to spoil his day with worries.

"Ayasha?" Ralla called out, raising her head to peer around the area. Ayasha's scent was near, she could tell, and Nootau was gliding lower, accommodating a more comfortable companion distance. The white wolfess thought it high time that she took responsibility for claiming Ayasha as her own, she felt, even though her stomach was heavy with her true pups to come. No, that doesn't make Ayasha any less my true pup, she amended. It would be the same as saying that I were any less AniWayan. And honestly, she didn't think she had the need to go back down that line of thinking again; all it caused was headaches and falsities, so she left it well enough alone.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
While her mother and spirit guide where looking for her, she was playing with a stick, or more specifically wrestling with it. It was safe to say that she was not winning. She was also thinking about both her future in the pack and as a big sister. She liked the idea of being a big sister and was excited about that. Yet at the same time, she would be shifting and trying to figure out her profession path. She had no idea what she wanted to be.

She got up when she heard Ralla's voice. She was a little dirty and had twigs in her fur. She ran to where her mother was. Here I am, mommy. What do you need me for? She grinned at Ralla and Nootau. Hi Nootau. She was about to give her mother a nuzzle but remembered that she was dirty. So she waited to hear what her mother had to say.
[html]

Kinda pp-ed them to her hut >.>

What she came upon was quite simply one of the most adorable moments she had seen Ayasha. Ralla enjoyed seeing puppies play like the whole world didn't matter; like it was their playground and nothing else. It gave them an aura of innocence that was hard to come by in the world around, and after a hard winter, things were looking up. She laughed when her daughter came bounding over, almost half Ralla's height, if even, and still so young. By this time, though, she was too large even for Ralla to carry, despite her relatively small size. As she spoke, Ralla nuzzled a twig out of the white girl's fur, Nootau giving a chirping click in greeting. Ralla was at least grateful that the spirit decided to greet family warmly, if anything.

"I was thinking that we should sit down and talk," Ralla said with a giggle, turning at once to go back to the hut. "Perhaps as I give you a bath. Come." Trotting back to the hut, Nootau took turns gliding in circle about her and Ayasha, both white wolves occasionally shadowed by his golden wings. Once they arrived, Ralla took only a moment to shift and climb the tree to go inside her home, finding a small towel and drenching it with water. Walking back down with the towel she motioned for Ayasha to come to her lap so that she might clean her up. "I thought we could talk on many things, sweetheart. I so rarely have time to see you as of late, and I would like to know my daughter better." Nootau had taken his perch on one of the poles holding up the tarp covering the wood stock pile leaning on the tree. The large red maple had become quite the furnished and busy home; a hut soon to be filled with six (since Ayasha would be able to access it soon with her ability to shift), a wood stock pile, a fire, and an observatory.

"Are you excited to be moving into the hut?" Ralla asked with a motion of her head upwards. Granted she would have to move things around to accommodate everyone; the table could be moved to the observatory and have sides added to the top so she could fill it with sand and use it as her chart table. She would keep one chair and put the other one into the Town Hall storage for another's use, and she would keep the water basin and shelves that she had crafted to hold her personal items. The hammock would stay--not that she used it with Kemo and her sleeping together--but it would certainly come in handy once the pups grew bigger and floor space more scarce. Perhaps Ayasha would like it? The curtain would also go, and the family could put together pillows and blankets as their beds--Ralla certainly had enough of those... And then there were the shelves that Shiloh had made, which Ralla would put to use in the observatory to hold the scrolls she would be making very soon. She would need a table to do the scribe work, too... So much to do! she exclaimed in her thoughts, the realization hitting her with an almost tangible 'thud'.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

She pouted ever so slightly at being laughed at but upon looking down at herself, she could see why her mother was laughing. She was a little dirty. She grinned sheepishly as Ralla removed a twig from her fur. But she truly grinned when Nootau greeted her. She couldn't wait to get a spirit guide. What do you want to talk about? She asked curiously as they walked back to the hut.

She nodded. A bath would probably be good. She held fairly still as her mother cleaned her up. It was rather soothing. Mommy? I have some questions about what will happen to me in the next few months. She paused to collect her questions. What profession should I take? Will shifting hurt? Those were her two main concerns. But she could think of several others to ask related to those to important ones.

At the question about the hut, she followed her mother gaze and nodded. Yep. Where will I sleep? She saw her mother worry over what needs to be done. Are you alright, mommy? Is there anything I can do to help? She wanted to help her family anyway she could. Though that might have to wait until she could shift. Her eyes went to her mother's stomach. How many siblings will I be having?
[html]

Ralla looked down at her daughter who was cradled in her lap, pressed softly against her burgeoning stomach. Within were the pups that would soon be Ayasha's younger siblings, and Ralla smiled at the prospect; pups of her own. She had never imagined such a thing, much less garnering a mate, withdrawn as he had grown. In part she could understand Kemo's behavior; it was not easy to forget and forgive oneself for one's deeds. But she had promised him her forgiveness and aid in helping him to repent, however unlikely so much of it seemed possible. They were each other's, and the lives within her were theirs as well. Briefly she wondered what the pups would do without a father; she certainly couldn't do everything for them that two parents could. But she had her tribe to aid her, as they had proven they could do with Ayasha. Having them all there made Ralla feel safer within the borders; safer about them. It was an unexplainable protection, ingrained into her senses and heart as deeply as her spirit to the spirit of the moon, as she had come to see it. Once she had thought on how the moon could be the patron spirit of her native tribe and how their own culture had evolved around that--it was not entirely impossible or improbable. But now her view of the world had widened, and she could see that things were never what they appeared. If I ever said in the Crescent Moon Pack that the moon was only one spirit amongst many, they'd think it a terrible omen, she laughed to herself. But she could see now that the gods that led them were the manifestations of the universe, and not just a single entity.

"Oh?" Ralla asked as she rubbed Ayasha behind her neck as the white child begin her questioning, which was a fine way to begin the talk, if any. She understood that her daughter was undergoing a difficult time, even so young. Ralla could remember her first shift; she had been unafraid, because she had believed it natural and a gift. But she could see its terrors: What would happen to her body? Would it hurt? "Shifting is a gift from the moon, Ayasha. The first time will ache in your bones, but that is because you will be unused to it. Have faith that your spirit knows what to do. A long time ago, wolves and dogs alike could not shift at all. But when humans lost their purpose given to them, life for us--the chosen of the moon spirit--became hard. To cleanse the world and right its wrong, the moon gave us the power to change, and took the lives of the humans. Learn this from the humans, Ayasha: the paths given to us are sacred, and forsaking them has consequences." Oh, Ralla knew this all too well. She had gotten off lightly for abandoning her native tribe and duty as a Shaman, even as she continued her work in AniWaya. But it had come with strife and heartache and worry and pain; she would never revisit such a feeling again. "Which is to say, your profession path should be your own. I cannot tell you what to become, sweetheart; you will feel it is right when it comes upon you." The same as Ralla had felt that tending to the Great Fire was her own. She had felt the thick smoke seep into her soul, the fire burn in her heart, and the songs echo in its crackling embers. She had seen visions within its blaze and rekindled it from its own funeral pyre, and never had she been more grateful to keep and retain to lore that was AniWaya's. "Do you favor any of the paths?" All the while Nootau stood preening, looking on intently every so often. The white wolfess often did not understand his intentions; why stay visible if he was only going to watch? Was it to ensure that she stayed on her path? Or did he enjoy the mortal plane that he had left long ago, feigning life?

"You can sleep where you wish. There's a hammock in there if you wish to have it," Ralla said with a smile, remembering first hanging the netting and sleeping in its cradle. It was like sleeping on air, and once Ayasha could shift she would have no trouble getting in and out of it. "Hm? Oh, I'm fine, sweetheart. I only worry about where to put everything. I'll find space, I'm sure, but we will eat our meals down here, by the fire, so that we can use the space in the hut for sleeping and storage." Yes, that would do well. "It's nothing you need worry about; your father and I will take care of it." With a gentle sweep of her hand behind Ayasha's ear, dubbing her fully cleaned, Ralla saw her looking to her stomach. "I do not know. How many do you want?" Guiding Ayasha's little paw to her stomach, Ralla felt a little kick from within. She would shift no more from that day until the pups were born, to ensure their safety and her own. "How many do you think?"

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

She listened to her mother talk about shifting. So it won't hurt badly but it will a little? Will you be there to help me with it? She looked at her with sincere eyes. She hoped her mother would be there to help her through. At what paths she favored, she sighed. I don't know. There are three that seem interesting: medicine, scouting, or firetending. Which would suit me the most? She had no clue what she would be good at.

She perked up at the idea of a hammock. That sounds cool. She relaxed at that. Good. But I'll help when I can shift! She offered helpfully. When her mother put her hand on her stomach and she felt her siblings kick. At how many she wanted, she smiled. I'd like at least two. A brother and a sister. She was still in awe of feeling the life beneath her hands.
[html]

Ralla hated having to tell her daughter that it would hurt, but she would and could never lie to her, or anyone for that matter. She despised lies very much, and could only see them as obstructions and false promises. Well, she was more than done with those, in any case. "Of course, sweetheart," she said, comforting her daughter and petting her gently behind the ears. "It's nothing to be afraid of, but I'll be there if you want me to." And then Ayasha began to ponder her profession path. "I cannot tell you, sweetheart. You must feel it in here," Ralla said, placing a large hand on the puppy chest. "You'll know what you want when it comes time. As to what suits you, you love Inez, right? He is not a cart horse like Sugar, but he is strong and fast. If you love scouting, he would be good for you." Not that her daughter should choose her path based on the pony...

Ayasha's enthusiasm was wonderful, really. She always seemed to have something on her mind or places to go, and her willingness to help out her family was endearing. Ralla would need all the help she could get. Despite being well-adjusted to his blindness, there were certain things that a blind wolf couldn't do, and Ralla was amazed that her mate could get in and out of the tree hut with as much ease as a normal wolf. But he could not do everything for them, either, and having an extra hand was wonderful. The white wolfess had seen how readily J'adore had taken Ayasha under his wing, and she thought of him as a part of their closer family rather than just the family of the tribe. Ralla giggled when Ayasha said how many she wanted, and thought that, at the very least, that's how many were coming, based on the size of her stomach. "And you'll take good care of them, I'm sure. They'll love you."

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

She felt better at Ralla promising to be there for her shifting. I'd really like you to be there when I shift, mommy. It helped ease her mind. That was one less thing to worry about. I think scouting might suit me the best. I like to wander and I'm curious and scouting lets me do that, right? That was a somewhat rhetorical question. It was more of her thinking out loud. But at the question of whether or not she loved Inez, she gave her mother an 'Of course, how could you think otherwise' look.

She beamed that her mother thought she would be good at taking care of them. She would at least try her best. At them loving her, she said, And I love them, even though they're not born yet. She shifted slightly in her mother's lap so she could kiss her stomach and whisper to her siblings, I love you, baby siblings. She kept her ear gently on the bump where her siblings were currently growing.