Keep it on your Mind
[html]
Backdated to the 27th. 355

The brown cloth bag she carried had been lightened, but still it hung heavily at her side. It’s contents occasionally clinked together, and Nayru could only hope that the gifts would be welcome in Aniwaya. Even though she could have perhaps made the journey in the same day she did not wish to visit Cercatori d’Arte and Aniwaya on the same day. Each pack she moved along to deserved a day all to themselves, and Aniwaya was no exception. This visit did not worry her either. She had felt at ease going to Dahlia de Mai’s nearest neighbor, and traveling to Aniwaya did not feel much different. Perhaps it was that Liliana lived there, and even if no leaders came to greet her surely the visit would not be in vain. The small woman had made this journey before, and she was sure she would make it again, and so each step did not feel foreign or novel but rather easy and comfortable. It had been a while since she had seen her friend, and the Aniwayan woman was the only close friend Nayru still maintained outside of Dahlia de Mai, so hopefully she would be around.

Arriving at the borders Nayru set the sack at her feet, and for a long moment she allowed herself a rest. It was best to collect herself, her thoughts, before she called out to them. Eventually, after several moments of quiet breathing, the small two toned woman threw back her head, lifting her muzzle to the midday sky. Separating ebony lips she let the long low howl escape her and then settled back on her heels to wait. The woman tried to recall what Liliana had told her about her leader, but nothing specific came to mind. There had never been anything negative and this was already a good indication. Furthermore she remembered her visit to the tribe, how welcoming the guest hut had been, and the great bonfire. Focusing on these memories she waited in silence, hoping that this visit to the strange clan went as smoothly and enjoyably as all the others before it had gone.

[/html]
[html]

Note: Hover above the AniWayan words for translations. (Nootau: Visible)

Ralla was out in the woods on a nice maternity leave--not so rare, since she liked to immerse herself in the forest anyway, especially in spring--when the howl was sounded. It was unlike one she had heard before; new, foreign, and calling for attention. As far as the white wolfess knew, she was closest to the borders, and so stood from her seat on the root of a tree--previously napping in the shade--to go and see what the call was for. Recently they had had an influx of newcomers and visitors, although Ralla summed it up to the season. She knew very well that most changes in rank occurred during the spring and winter--spring for early travel and new beginnings, winter for the chance to survive--but sometimes it was not a joiner, and diplomacy was called into being instead.

Walking--none too gracefully, she might add--with her belly full of pups soon to be born, Nootau flitted above her, an ever-present guardian spirit guide. His golden wings shined in the sunlight, making the shadowed areas glitter and sparkle, and once more Ralla wondered how a barn owl spirit guide was awake for most of the day and night. Does he do it to watch over me? Or do spirit guides even need sleep? Soon the chain link fence was in view, as well as a...checkered woman, if Ralla had to describe her. She was black and white, and quite beautiful, Ralla had to add. Putting out one long forearm to the fence--the other stretched to let Nootau settle on it as his perch--the Otlvna Gata smiled. "Asiyu," she said in greeting. "My name is Ralla. How can I help you?" The other woman was certainly new, but Ralla had no idea of her intentions. Joiner? Visitor? Well, if she was a joiner, Ralla would probably have to convince her to be in the war tiers of their pack, since they were lacking in that particular area of training. To Ralla's eyes, the woman looked like she could be a great warrior as well. Taking her arm down, Ralla let it fiddle with a few of the tooth and claw necklaces about her neck, a bit of self-consciousness coming over her about her odd appearance. Even without the pups adding weight to her, Ralla's limbs and tail were long, her ears more pointed. She had grace (without the baby weight, that is) but she herself didn't feel this way. And then there was the brand on her forehead. It had become a mark that was always there, but still, sometimes it ached if she cried or was given a vision from the moon or spirits. It would not let itself be forgotten.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]
395. Sorry for the wait <3

Nayru waited in silence for her call to create a response. From time to time she shifted her weight from one foot to another, but the movement (as were most her movements) was so subtle and elegant that it seemed not to happen at all. In time heavy footfalls, heavier than most, were heard and crimson eyes shot up, gazing through the holes of the chain link fence to catch a glimpse of whoever might be coming to greet her. By scent alone Nayru knew it was not Liliana, and though there was a slight disappointment at not seeing her friend she also knew that was not the nature of this visit. Her call had been one for the leaders, or at least the higher ups, and Nayru could only hope that this woman was one of them.

When the lady did materialize before her the source of such heavy steps was evident. Round with children the woman who greeted her caused quite the stir of emotions for the girl. There was the rise of joy at life being renewed, the on-going natural cycle, and a strange fear for this woman. What if Nayru, her sharp and inconspicuous dagger ever strapped to her ankle, had intended for harm? Yet surely this woman knew what she was doing, and the linked fence separated them, which was some comfort to Nayru who whole heartedly only brought good intentions.

In deference to the woman, introduced as Ralla, Nayru swept her head low, averting her ruby gaze for the appropriate length of time. When she did bring her eyes back up, a soft smile played upon her lips as she chose her words carefully. "Greetings Ralla, I am Nayru of Dahlia de Mai." She took in the jewelry of the other, the strange greeting and Nayru's heart swelled at the strange and wonderful customs of the clan. "I am a good friend of Liliana, perhaps you know her? However my visit is not a social one. Recently I have been made leader of Dahlia, and I seek audience with your leader, or if not a leader than someone who may represent them and take word back to them." She bowed her head again, hoping that this request was not too hard to fulfill on Ralla's end, for such a long trek surely deserved at least some sort of hearing.

[/html]
[html]

Don't be >_> I;m having a tough time catching my muse now :/

The display of humility was overly-flattering to Ralla, who had experienced similar formalities when she had met Liev. But this was a woman, and Ralla straightened her spine in respect for the other, offering a mirrored smile. Had her stomach not been an imposing factor, she would have bowed similarly out of respect. As it was, she could only offer a bend at the waist. The patterned woman rose, and Ralla listened to her introductions. At a second glance, Ralla noticed that Nootau was looking at the other woman with a respectful reverence as well--which was rare of the spirit guide unless for good reason--although this was made clear when she introduced herself as the new leader of Dahlia de Mai. Immediately she regretted not being able to perform the full kneeling bow which was customary to her native people as a sign of humility, but she would just have to make up for that with making sure that this alpha's needs were met well.

"I do," she said in response to whether she knew Liliana or not. "But I'm sorry to say that she's on a pilgrimage right now to the main AniWaya tribe, and I don't know when she'll return. As to your audience, I am set to become a Councilwoman on the morrow. Will that be sufficient for you?" If not, it would not harm Ralla's pride in the least. Chief Dawali's leg was still healing, she knew, and she needed to step up in her confidence and diplomatic handling if she was going to take over such a title. Should the needed conversation require Chief Dawali, Ralla would not then begrudge another leader access to their tribe for the meeting. "I would be honored to represent my tribe. And please, raise your head," the white wolfess said, tilting her own to the side to try and see Nayru's face. It made Ralla uncomfortable to have an alpha bowing to a sub-leader in such a situation, and the gesture once more reminded the mother-to-be of her encounter with Liev. Nootau shifted his feet side to side on her arm, anxiousness taking hold over him and being transferred to Ralla's mind through the same emotion. It must be something important; Nootau isn't normally like this.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]
Is Ralla's guide visible to Nayru? 503

Ralla returned her own formalities with a slight bow, or as much of one as she could muster and Nayru wished to tell the woman "Don't worry, I sense your respect. Don't exert yourself, or them, for me." Yet the words didn't come, because Ralla did not look like a fool in any manner and if there was some physical limitation due to her pregnancy, Nayru was sure Ralla would not push herself. This woman was a high ranked wolf in Aniwaya, and she certainly did not get there with foolish actions. The highest form of respect Nayru could give her was simply letting her do as she would, the tribeswoman would know best for herself and her unborn.

Nayru's ears perked at the mention of Liliana's absence, so her friend was not in the tribe at present? "May the fates grant her a safe journey and return." Nayru did not know where the prayer came from, but it came all the same and the woman did not question her own words. It was rare that any of her own spiritual beliefs seeped into her speech, and when they did they came so rarely and swift few but her noted them. As it was she quickly moved on with her task, facing the ivory lady of Aniwaya, raising her ruby eyes to meet the woman's own as was requested. "Your audience is a privilege I would be most grateful for." Nayru knew enough about the Aniwaya structure to understand what Councilwoman meant, and she was pleased that if the leader himself wasn't able to come that such a trusted wolf had come in his stead.

Nayru briefly considered pulling the gifts forth now, but no, such action needed explanation and it was really the explanation she was here to deliver, not the representative tokens. The cow patterned alpha's voice came, at its usual volume of barely above a whisper, but it was strong despite is quiet nature. "Dahlia de Mai has had a dark past, perhaps if you were not present during either of the Dahlian wars you have heard tell of them. Both wars were conducted under a leader known as Haku Soul. He is long gone, and now his son, the more peaceful Conor, had left us as well. Such is a fresh start for Dahlia, and I do not mean to waste that." Nayru bent and then picked up the sack that laid at her feet, pulling it up but not opening it yet. "If you would accept, I have brought tokens of peace and good will. I wish for Aniwaya, and all the other packs, to know Dahlia de Mai's good intentions from here on out. We not only offer our good will now, but if ever in the future you have need of it." Eyes the color of fresh spilt blood looked on the pure woman with interest, able to guess the peaceful clan's reaction but waiting respectfully silent until such permission to offer them gifts was given.

[/html]
[html]

Yes; yes he is :3

'The fates' was not a new term to Ralla, though it had not been a common set of words. 'Fate' had always meant destiny in the strict teachings of her old tribe. But in its more liberal sense that was accepted, they were known as the controllers of fate, and extended to the same meaning of the spirits known as the Weavers, who made the tapestry of life and decided where a pattern began and ended. In all senses, she believed, Nayru had chosen a quite correct term. Ralla nodded to the prayer and quickly transitioned with the pied wolfess from solemn to diplomatic, quickly as the tides.

But no, the tone remained solemn for a little longer as Ralla was told the past that she had not been present for. While she had heard of the Dahlian Wars in whispers, she had not experienced them nor knew the details. All she knew was that they were bloody, better forgotten, and that AniWaya had remained neutral through that time. How sad, she thought, that even a peaceful leader should leave them so soon in succession... At first Ralla faltered, wondering Chief Dawali's thoughts on the matter. Had he been for or against Dahlia de Mai during this time? Well, they were neutral, so she supposed that it didn't matter; especially with the change in leadership. Nayru seemed a decent enough leader, and her intentions seemed pure as well. A bag was offered, much to Ralla's surprise, as the token of goodwill. "My condolences for the loss of your leader so quickly," she began, "and my prayers for your endeavor to reconcile the past. AniWaya will happily accept such an offer, and we in turn give ours. But I must say now that if it is an alliance you seek, I would have to discuss such a thing with my Chief beforehand. Otherwise, we are here as your friendly neighbors should you ever need us." Ralla smiled fully now, conveying her deepest sincerity with this statement. The white wolfess had a high regard for anyone interested in bettering themselves, and while it was true that an alliance could not be struck right there, certainly the beginnings of a friendly relationship could be made. And who knew? Perhaps if Nayru proved to be a leader like Jefferson--who, despite his gruff ways, Ralla respected--there would be hope for Dahlia's name to be salvaged and brought back to light. "As proof of this, would it suit you to spend the night in the village? I'm sure our Chief would like to meet the new leader of Dahlia de Mai and hear her intentions for himself." Ralla was not one to be distrustful, but the air around the female was distinctly alpha even if she could not tell by the appearance; it was unmistakable. "Or if a full alliance would not suit you at this time, I will take responsibility and house you in our hut, for you must surely be tired?"

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Sorry for the shortness!

Nayru nodded as Ralla agreed to accepting the gifts. It was not the bag itself, but rather what the bag held that Nayru then presented. Pulling out the gifts she held out a small bottle of wine from the vineyards, a pouch of dried leaves that smell of tobacco and other smoke-able plants, and a small beaded necklace. Gently she held them out to the soon to be mother, hoping that what she had selected would be suitable for Aniwaya. As Ralla explained that no alliance could be forged without their leader Nayru smiled and shook her head. “Dahlia does not seek a direct alliance at this time. We only ask that any biases towards us due to past wrongs be laid to rest.” And surely that wasn’t so much to ask, was it?

Then Ralla offered Nayru something she was quite glad of. Already she had been out of Dahlia de Mai for longer than she wished and it would be nice to sleep in a proper shelter with such a hospitable host. Bowing her head, Nayru’s gentle voice was unassuming and sincerely grateful. “Where ever there is room for me I am happy to stay,” she would not allowed herself to be a burden, “ I have stayed with Lilliana once before and would love to see your pack lands again. If your leader is busy I do not wish to steal any of his time, and so I would be most honored to stay in your hut if that is suitable.” Because she was tired, although the tiny woman was able to successfully ignore that particular aspect until the meeting was over she knew that sooner or later she would need rest.

[/html]
[html]

We'll call it the last post here :3 Sorry for my scarcity; I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but finals are murder :X

Although Ralla had heard and seen alcohol--even partook of it some, a long, long time ago--she did not particularly enjoy its taste or effects. Chief Dawali, however, was a different story, and she was thankful for the gesture, which was most important anyway. But when the pungent aroma of the sacred plant wafted from a wrapping, she knew that Chief Dawali would immediately be grateful. Despite having a field growing the plant, it was, as mentioned, sacred; to be appreciated and taken gladly when offered. She had never smoked the stuff before--its purpose was to heighten spiritual awareness, but she felt as if she was already pretty aware...--but she knew of its importance to the culture. And then the beads! If one thing could be said to ascertain shared values amongst the Moon Tribe and AniWaya, it was that beads and feathers were valuable trinkets. Glass beads were the hardest to come by, and thereby of more worth, but wooden beads with intricate designs were almost of the same value because of the work put into them. This was a necklace of such beads, and Ralla let her fingers roll a few of them around as if she were doing the same to her own necklaces about her neck. All would go straight to Chief Dawali, but she gave a smile to the woman in his stead. "These are wonderful, and I'm sure Chief Dawali will appreciate your gesture for all it deserves. I may not know the full details of any biases we might've had, but you seem a very capable leader; certainly more than worthy to be given another chance." But what right did Ralla have to speak of worth? Well, she certainly felt like Nayru deserved it; it took humility and courage to apologize for one's deeds, even if they were not one's own.

Because it was Ralla who invited the woman in, she would have to take personal responsibility. She could not house her in the Town Hall, but would instead offer her the hammock in her tree hut for the night. "Then I would be glad to house you for the night. Please, this way," the white wolfess said with a soft flourish of the arm. Nootau took flight and began his impromptu lead of the two women to the tree hut, Ralla talking softly with Nayru about such things that might have been worldly and others commonplace. The night passed thusly with Nayru's company in the hut--Ayasha and Kemo's company included--and Ralla would deliver the gifts on the morrow. It was certainly an omen of good tidings, as the sky was clear and full of stars, and she and Kemo slept sound as the moon itself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]