Thread Information
Date: 5/2/2011

Setting: AniWaya borders

Time: Midday, shortly after noon

Character Form: Optime
[/html]

[html]

Ooc stuff goes here!

Desi approached the AniWayan borders and paced nervously back and forth along the fence line. Her ears were flattened against her skull, her tail could not decide whether it was going to swish against her thighs or press between her legs, and her fur stood slightly on end. She had left pretty abruptly those few months ago; would the others be angry with her for going away? Would they even allow her back into the pack? If so, and this was the kicker, what profession line should she choose?

She was not cut out of the same cloth as other hunters. She could point an arrow at a thing, and most of the time she would hit it, but rare was the occasion when the arrow pierced exactly where she wished it to. Likewise, while her height would normally prove beneficial, she lacked the girth and the weight to back it up, to bring anything larger than a very large otter or a very small deer to the ground.

She lacked her mother's talent for healing, she was not an accomplished craftswoman, though she could fashion very simple items to get the job done. About the only thing she could do was care for animals (how hard could that be, really?) and dance. And dancing was nothing truly useful to the tribe. Perhaps the grace lent to her by dancing, though, could be used to fashion her into a scout. And if she got training by a warrior, perhaps by Anann that she had met in Cour des Miracles, she could be an adequate warrior. Maybe.

Finally stilling her feet, Desi howled out, long and melodious, for someone to please find her at the gap, and then forced herself to sit down, relax, and look somewhat submissive instead of keyed up and tense. She settled her skirts over her leg, her knife was re-attached to her pack, which she had set on the ground a few feet away, and she waited.

<style>
.desi-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.desi-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.desi-z91 b {color:#c687c6; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.desi-z91 {background-color:#eee7db; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.desi-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Note: Hover about the AniWayan words for the translations (Nootau: Not Visible)

The last thing Ralla had expected that day was to hear a familiar voice call from the pack borders. Twitching her ears from where she was resting, the white wolfess pushed herself laboriously up and let her ears swivel to hear the call in full, happiness dawning on her gentle face and in her forest green eyes. Slight paws begin their trek to the chain link fence she had gone to so often in the recent days, hope welling in her chest. A few months ago, a pup she used to play with had gone away with her mother, and Ralla had not seen or heard from them. Now... Is it...?

And lo and behold; there stood a face that Ralla remembered, even if it was older than before and more world-wizened. Ducking under a part of the chain link fence large enough for a wolf but large enough that a wapiti could not cross, Ralla continued her walk to the young girl, arms outstretched for an embrace. "Nihi uha ehena gasohi!" Although her stomach protruded, heavy with pups, Ralla could not just stand by without a greeting to this woman who had once been her friends young daughter. There before her was Desiree Noelle, the pup she had played with when she had first arrived. There in front of her was a young woman who Ralla had missed, and who the tribe had missed. Ralla knew she must look a tad odd, with a stomach like hers and makeup still on her eyes from the ceremony the day before; but still, her heart was happy to see a familiar face return. Spring was truly wonderful. "We have missed you, Desi," the snowy wolfess said, using the pet name she had learned to call the other by. "Where have you been? How is your mother?" Although different in coloring, there was no denying that Desiree reminded Ralla of her mother, who, speaking of... "Where is your mother?"

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]

Whee!

The last person Desi had expected to see was Ralla, the white wolfess with the 'funny symbol' between her eyes that had played with her when she was younger, before she had left home. When the colliewolf saw her, she cringed. Not only were they going to run her off, they had sent a friend to do the deed? Her fears were unfounded though, as the white wolf opened her arms as soon as she had clambered through the opening in the gate. Desi stood to receive the embrace, more than a little shocked to have been welcomed back with open arms, then remembered to hug back, almost belatedly.

Touched, Desi spoke quietly, sounding very much in awe. You've... missed me? I wasn't sure anyone would have noticed I was gone. She dropped her gaze as Ralla went on, asking how she had been, how Hanna was, and perhaps most importantly, where her mother was at. Mama and I.. we argued, right after I left the Tribe. The night before I left, she told me about my.. my dad. We made up, sorta, Mama and I, but I told her I wanted to be left alone, and so she helped me get some things from Halifax and I was on my own. Desi did not know her mother had not come back to AniWaya. She had expected that this would be the first place Hanna went after they parted ways, but apparently it had not been so.

I've lived in Cour des Miracles for about the past week, not as a member but as a guest; since that was where my father lived and led, I figured they would be the best to ask about him. I always assumed, in the past couple months anyway, that Mama had come back here. I don't know where she would be, unless in the house I stayed in in Barrington. Desi made up her mind then that she would go and find her mother, and soon. She had never meant them to stay apart this long.

<style>
.desi-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.desi-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.desi-z91 b {color:#c687c6; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.desi-z91 {background-color:#eee7db; background-image:url(http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff26 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.desi-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Late-derp @_@

Ralla could feel how tense Desiree was at first before her arms turned lax, returning the gesture. Had she been afraid of something? Of rejection? This was confirmed by the young girl's question, which Ralla answered with a laugh and a raised eyebrow, as if she couldn't believe that she would think otherwise. "Of course we missed you! And did you think I would forget?" What a shame that would be indeed on the Councilwoman's part, as her other duty was to retain the knowledge of their culture. Forgetting faces so easily would be shameful. For a moment Ralla was worried as Desiree looked down in a sad way, fearing the worst.

There was a sigh of relief as there was no confirmation of any foul play on Hanna, but there remained the despairing possibility, since Ralla had not heard word or tail of the woman since she had left either. "Well, I'm sure she is fine wherever she is. I've not known her to be a lightweight," she commented with a sagely nod. No, Susquehanna would never die easily, or even from an unnatural cause, Ralla prayed. "Regardless, we are happy to have you here. You mean to join yes?" The answer was apparent, but for the sake of formality Ralla asked anyway. The young collie-wolf went about her travels, which were interesting indeed. "Cour des Miracles? Did you perhaps see a big grey wolf or a red-headed one?" Ralla thirsted for knowledge about her brother and his...Are they mates yet?...since they were about two day's travel away, and especially with the pups coming. Noss would want to see his nieces and/or nephews once they were able to travel--or vice versa--but Ralla really didn't know how to get advanced word to him unless by messenger bird, which she did not have. "Barrington...Barrington..." Ralla mused, trying to remember where that place was. For the life of her she could not, and shrugged her shoulders in dismissal that she knew where the place was.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]

Marit gave me permission to do this. :3 Susquehanna will be joining AW as Desi's NPC.

Now that she was standing in front of one of the members of the tribe, Desi was able to realize that she had been foolish to think that any of them would cease wondering or caring, no matter how long she were gone. She almost regretted saying anything to Ralla about the thoughts that had been flowing through her mind, but she said nothing, letting Ralla speak.

She seemed convinced that Hanna was okay, and Desi hoped she was right. The past months had been difficult without her mother, since they had been close. Desi had not had to compete with siblings after all, it had been only she and Hanna. Desi nodded agreement; her mother was strong, and it would take more than some average occurrence to defeat the ebony wolfess. Her nod turned more emphatic as Ralla asked if she was joining.

I had planned on it, yes, although I am not sure of where my path lies. The only thing I am good at is dancing, although I have discovered some small affinity for armed fighting through my dancing maneuvers. I think I shall choose Ayastigi, she answered Ralla's first query.

Regarding the two wolves, two in particular match those descriptions. A large grey wolf with piercing eyes... accompanied... me in my endeavor to get alcohol to trade. And Strelein von Rosnete, answered some of my questions about my dad. Apparently he had met me before, when I was very small. Oh, and Barrington is over that way. She turned south and west, in the general direction of the town, then, leaning forward as though a few inches difference would help, peered off into the distance. Ralla, is that mom?

Within a few minutes, having nudged Galilahi, her faithful steed, into a canter, Hanna pulled up alongside Ralla and Desi and dismounted, wrapping her daughter into a silent, squishing bear hug which was happily returned by the younger. The older woman buried her face into her daughter's shoulder, then held her at arms' length. Oh, Desi. You're quite the young lady now, aren't you? Can you forgive me for being foolish?

With a smile so wide it threatened to crack her jaw, Desi nodded, hugged her mother nearly as tightly as she'd been hugged herself, and then withdrew, one arm around her mom's waist. Ralla, I'm guessing by her return that Mama's joining, too? The upwards inflection was accompanied by a look to Hanna, who stepped forward, arms open, to hug Ralla (though not as tightly as she had Desi). After a few moments had passed, Hanna stepped back as well, and nodded. Yes. It's time for me to come home for good. And I'm embracing my first love, that of medicine; may I join as Kunikoti?

[/html]
[html]

I'm gonna archive this thread two days after this next post for time's sake and the fact that Desi's already accepted

"An Ayastigi you shall be, then," Ralla said with a nod, placing a hand on one of Desi's shoulders. "I'm sure AniWaya will appreciate a warrior, and I'm sure Nayati will be happy for an apprentice." The tribe had been long without a proper Ayastigi, and it would be more assuring to know that their warrior ranks were beginning to grow again. Ralla chuckled when Desiree described how her brother had apparently helped her in the escapade, the identity being confirmed immediately when associated with Strelein. However, Desiree's father and Hanna's previous mate had always remained a mystery to Ralla; she hadn't a clue to who he was, and had never asked out of politeness. She didn't see then as a great time to ask, either.

Desiree's sudden question sent a jolt of surprise through Ralla's body, cajoling her to look, too. Dark, forest green eyes peered to where Desiree was looking, and then widened in affirmation. "Yes...it is!" she said as if in holy disbelief. It must certainly be a miracle that both would turn up at the same time, after having been separated for so long. Ralla stepped back and let the mother and daughter have their moment, smiling secretly to Nootau, who only saw fit to preen his feathers. The question almost made Ralla laugh again at it's almost obvious answer. "Of course! Why would she not? But likewise, Hanna," the white wolfess said, taking on a false-stern tone, hands on hips and chin upraised, "you'll have to pull your weight again. What can you offer the tribe?" The tone and gesture were, of course, mostly in play, but the question was all seriousness. Before any of that, though, Hanna had come up to hug Ralla as well, which melted away any feigned signs of trying to be stern. The white wolfess had missed her friend... "We'd be delighted. I'm sure you still remember the old craft, and we have another Kunikoti who needs the guidance. Welcome home, both of you," she said while gesturing her arm towards the tribal lands. She bent through the fence and began to lead them back to their home, where they belonged. Above them flew Nootau, unseen to any but Ralla, even as the light glinted on golden wings. The sun led them home.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Welcome to AniWaya!

Congratulations!

Now what do you do? AniWaya has lots of cool stuff for you to check out;

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor!

[/html]