Georgy Girl
Even though she was officially a scout, Ayasha was still very playful. She took her responsibilities very seriously but also loved to entertain herself. In fact, as one of the few pups in the tribe (even if she was part of the adult ranks, she considered herself a pup) it was a necessity. She had very few playmates. Not that she wasn't happy. She just would like some friends who were somewhat close to her in age, and maybe size.

Her current attention was taken up by a piece of wood. She had seen others whittling and creating amazing shapes with the wood. She wished that she could do it. And having shifted, she now had the ability to do so. Maybe someone would come by to show her how to create a shape out of this piece of wood. And maybe, just maybe, they would be her friend.

She looked around the center of the village. To effectively whittle, one needed a knife. How was she supposed to get a knife? And she wasn't entirely sure she could use one without cutting herself. She hadn't really used one before. So that was another thing to learn. Knife safety.
Shiloh watched the pup from a distance. She had been sitting on a log by the great fire whittling a new fox totem for herself when she spotted Ayasha in the distance playing with a piece of wood. It was a great piece to whittle and Shiloh wondered if she could teach the pup a thing or two about the art. She was worried the pup didn't like her but wanted to teach her her trade. Maybe she would want to take up her profession on the side.

Shiloh got up and went over to the pup and kneeled down to her height. "Hey little one. That's a fine piece of wood you have there. Want me to show you how to carve it into a blue jay?" she asked tapping Ayasha's shoulder as she softly bit the wood. Shiloh smilled at the pup and remembered when her father had handed her a piece of wood her first time.

"No Shiloh you dont bite that. here let me show you." he said taking the piece of wood from her and showing her how to whittle. She smiled harder at the memory and sat down next to her, pulling out what she was working on and continuing. She was almost done with it.
Her ears perked up at hearing the footsteps of another wolf approach. She turned around and saw the wolfess she thought was named Shiloh. Shiloh had been there when her mommy had come back. Hi. You're Shiloh, right? How do you know my mommy? Though she smiled wryly at being called little one. It's kinda funny how my name describes my size. Ayasha means 'little one.' She informed Shiloh.

At the offer of being taught how to carve the wood she was holding, she nodded, Yes, please. Though she wondered something. Is this the right size piece of wood? What do I use to carve it? I don't have a knife. I also haven't used one before. Her eyes were eager as she waited for Shiloh's answers.

She watched as Shiloh pulled out a carving that looked like it was finished. What are you working on? She looked harder at it. It looks like a fox! How do you know what to carve?
"Woah slow down. Hi I am Shiloh and yes it is a fox. I have extra tools to show you how and your piece of wood it quite alright. I don't know what to carve but I find animals following people in the Tribe and carve them for them. Ralla has the one I made for you. I know Ralla because she was the first person to want to have a conversation with me. I have been in contact with her every since. Here let me show you how to start. Wait... What do you want to carve Little one?" she said with a smile.

Shiloh smiled at the pups eagerness to learn and pulled out one of her spare carving stones for Ayasha."Here you hold the wood like this and the stones like this." she said showing Ayasha how to hold them. " I will go though all the procedures on how not to hurt youself as soon as you tell me what you want to carve."
Ayasha smiled sheepishly at Shiloh. Sorry. I've always been curious. Though she was curious at something she said. I have an animal following me around? What is it? She cocked her head in consideration of what she wanted to make. There were several possibilities. She smiled. How about a squirrel? They're cute and funny. Can I make one? She was nearly pleading Shiloh.

She carefully took the carving stones and held them and her piece of wood like Shiloh showed her. Like this? She patiently waited for further instruction on how to carve a squirrel. It would give her something else to occupy her time while Ralla was having her siblings.
"A squirrel is fine. Most the times a blue jay follows you around. Like Ralla's owl." She smiled as the pup gripped the stone and piece of wood hard as if scared it will run off. "You don't have to hold it so hard. Loosen up Little one." she sat down next to the Ayasha and showed her how to start carving without cutting herself.
"You have to see the squirrel in your head and carve it. Its like releasing your stress and emotions. Its a way to release what you feel inside." said Shiloh as she held Ayasha's hands and helped her strip away the bark on the wood so she could use the softer more pliable wood under it. They sat together, Shiloh giving Ayasha instructions when she was doing something wrong. Shiloh loved the way the pup got excided when she finished the eye of the squirrel.

Shiloh wanted the closeness of someone like Ayasha in her life and it made her notice how bad she wished she had her sister in her life. Ayasha was much like her sister and as Shiloh taught her how to whittle she remembered what her little sister was like. She had been smart and witty and kept Shiloh on her toes when she watched her. She would have been around Ayasha's age and Shiloh silently started to cry. She missed her sister dearly and wished she had been strong enough to save her. She watched Ayasha with care and longing in her eyes
Her brow furrowed in confusion. Can you see spirit guides? 'Cause I can't see a blue jay following me. When Shiloh told her to loosen her hold on the stone and wood, she looked down and saw that her grip was hard. Sorry about that. She watched Shiloh carve the squirrel.

She closed her eyes and envisioned a squirrel and let Shiloh helped her strip the bark of the wood. She rather liked carving. It did help relieve stress and releasing her emotions. But she was excited after the eyes squirrel's eyes. It helped it make the squirrel come alive. I can see the squirrel start to come alive. It's starting to come alive.

She kept giving Shiloh glances but saw that Shiloh was starting to cry. She put down her stuff and turned to face Shiloh. She gave her a comforting hug and asked, Are you OK? Did I do something wrong? She gave her a gentle nuzzle.
Shiloh was brought out of herself out of her daze and hugged Ayasha back. "No Little One you did nothing wrong. You just remind me of my sister. She was energetic like you were and I taught her how to whittle before...." shiloh choked back more tears. "She would have loved you. She would have been your age." She picked up Ayasha's carving and smiled softly.
"She carved a squirrel her first time too. I can't wait to see your face when it is done. You mean so much to me already Ayasha. I hope our friendship lasts...."
Ayasha gave Shiloh a squeeze in return. What happened to her? She asked gently. She didn't want to pry but sometimes telling other people helped.

She grinned at meaning so much to Shiloh. Can I call you Aunt? She asked with sincerity in her voice. It would hopefully help Shiloh. I hope it does too.

She then went back to carving. You never answered my question. Can you see what my spirit guide is? Is that why you can see a blue jay and I can't? Sakari, Chief Dawali's niece, can. That was another thing she would have to do since she was old enough. But she would deal with it when that time come.
Shiloh looked at the scars that covered her arms before telling Ayasha what had happened. "I lost her and the rest of my family a few months ago in a terrible fire. I tried to save her but the fire was too great. I got burned almost to the point of death. It is the reason behind my scars. I almost died trying to save my family." she whispered softly her eyes betraying her pain over her loss.

"Aunt? Don't you think you should take that up with your mother Little One? I do not know if she would want me to be." she said with a small smile. Ayasha had meant what she had asked and honestly seemed to like Shiloh. She watched her start carving again and gave her pointers and she went along.

"Yes I can see them when they want me too. It is why you don't see it. Its often behind you anyways. I don't know why I have this gift but it seems to calm me when I see them. I have always wondered if there is something wrong with me. I never saw them before the fire. It bothers me that I can, but I do enjoy carving them for people. Ralla thinks her spirit is always invisible but I can see it all the time."
After she heard about how Shiloh's whole family died and she got her scars, Ayasha gently grabbed each arm and kissed each of her scars, gently and softly. These scars are only on the outside. It's what's on the inside that matter's. And I think you're beautiful. She gave her another hug.

She pouted a little. I suppose! Though I don't think she'll mind. As they sat next to each other with Ayasha getting help with her carving, she kept looking at Shiloh, wondering what to do to make her feel loved. It was pretty obvious that she was lonely. I'll ask my mommy later.

When Shiloh talked about the blue jay being her spirit guide, she considered that. So, spirit guides follow their wolves around before they actually become their guides? She hadn't thought that was possible. It was rather intriguing. How long have I been followed by my eventual spirit guide?
"You think I am beautiful? I wish I could see the wolf you see..." said Shiloh softly letting Ayasha hug her again. It made her heart warm every time she did so and she wished she wanted to be part of Ayasha's life for in a long time. She watched her carve her squirrel delicately and wondered if she could have two occupations. She had the talent to carve and Shiloh wanted to see her go far with what she was learning.

"Yes so far as I know. Ralla thinks only she can see her spirit guide but to be honest he is there all the time. I only started seeing them after I almost died. I have been seeing yours for a while now. It like your tag a long. I can see her even now." she said sticking out her finger for the blue jay to land on. It looked at her with intelligence and Shiloh felt its emotions.
At Shiloh's question if she was really beautiful, she nodded. It's the inside that matters not the outside. You should stop think of yourself as ugly, 'cause you're not. Shiloh seemed to need hugs so she made a mental note to hug her as often as possible. She went back to work on the squirrel. Can I keep these tools to continue to work on carving? She rather liked carving and hoped that these weren't needed.

She listened listened to Shiloh's explanation. What do you suppose made you see them when you couldn't before? Have you asked Chief Dawali about that? He would be the person most knowledgeable about that type of thing. My spirit guide is a she? How do you know? She considered Nootau. I think he is choosy about when he shows himself. Because I can see him sometimes but not other times.
"You can keep them. As soon as you finish I will show you where to get more when these get too old. Those where my fathers. They are important so I want you to take good care of them ok?" asked Shiloh ruffling Ayasha's white fur. She smiled softly at Ayasha and watched her finish her carving. "You have a great talent for whittling. I hope you use it when we rebuild AW and PV. It will be needed. If you want I'll teach you how to build things. You could help Ralla build the observatory." said Shiloh.

"I don"t know. I think it is because I was so close to dying. I have a connection to the other side. I haven't talked to the Chief but now that you brought it up I think I will. I didn't know he had knowledge on that subject. Yes your spirit is a she. She is on my finger right now. You can't see her but she is small and is watching over you. I know Nootau is picky and often enjoys surprising Ralla."
Ayasha beamed at being able to keep the tools. She was even more honored when Shiloh said that they were her father's. I'll do my best to take very good care of them. Thank you for entrusting me with something of your father's. The suggestion of helping build the observatory made her consider. I don't know how good I'll be at building stuff. But I'd love to help my mommy.

She nodded at Shiloh's word. I'm not totally sure that he knows much about it. But it makes sense that he would, though. She smiled at her spirit guide being small and watching over her. So she's little like I am? I like being looked after.
WC:227
Shiloh smiled at the pup and at her carving. She was doing so well and Shiloh wanted to encourage the pup to continue to carve.
"You should carve something for your new brothers and sisters. I think Ralla would find you thinking of your brothers and sisters a great encouragement. It also gives them something to play with. You have a talent for carving Ayasha dont let it go away. You have to practice carving to get as good as me." said Shiloh ruffling Ayasha's fur between her ears. "When your bored carve something. If your annoyed with your sisters carve something to calm down. Or come to me to learn how to carve bowls and jars." said Shiloh softly.

She smiled harder at the pups interest in her "seeing" totems. She looked at the bluejay only she could see. "Yes she is little like you. But being little has its advantages. Playing hide and seek would be fun to play with you because you can hid in those smaller spots I can't. You are always looked after as long as I am part of this pack. You mean so much to me already. You like the sister that was taken from me. I would protect you with my life. I... want to say I love you but dont want to scare you away." said Shiloh softly.
Ayasha considered what Shiloh suggested that she do for her siblings. It was really good idea. I like it. I've been wanting to do something for them. Though I'm gonna wait until their born so I can see what they're like. That way she could figure out what they liked. She beamed at Shiloh saying she had talent. She left out a soft woof at having the fur on her head ruffled.

She smiled at being annoyed with them. But her attention was captured at the thought of bowls and jars. I can do that? She smiled at Shiloh. I'd like to learn sometime.

She nodded sagely. It does. But she was near tears as Shiloh talked. She gave her a hug.
Shiloh hugged Ayasha close and cried, knowing she was one of her few friends that she had made that honestly cared for her. "I wont let you go... I wont loose you like I lost my family. You are my new family Ayasha." said Shiloh though a tear choked voice. She released Ayasha and gave her a weak smile. She really did care for the white femme and wanted the best for her.
After she had gotten herself together she took Ayasha's hand and took off her bag she had slung over her shoulder. She put it on Ayasha's shoulder with a smile and told her that the bag was special. "My sister made this bag. It was one of the few things she made me that I could find in the rubble. I want you to have it for your tools and carvings. It is also big enough to hold the wood you find. Come I'll show you what wood to get. Grab your tools and lets go wood hunting."
Ayasha had started to cry as well. Shiloh was turning into one of her closest friends. You won't lose me. I consider you family as well. She did consider Shiloh her family, as a sister or aunt. She gave Shiloh a smile back.

She nearly cried again when Shiloh gave her her sister's bag. Are you sure you want me to have your sister's bag and your father's tools? She would take care of them while she had them. But it felt a little odd for her to have them. But she did as Shiloh said and put her tools in the bag and got up to follow her. Don't I need an axe to collect wood?
"I am sure. You should have them Little One. I know you will treat them right. Besides I have another one." she said pulling Ayasha's hand. She pulled the pup towards the thickit of trees. "No most carving wood is found on the ground and in low lying brush. Its got a texture. Ill teach you what wood is right but right now.... TAG YOUR IT" said Shiloh shifting forms and dashing off. She really hoped Ayasha gave into the chase and slowed to give her time to catch up, running though the trees, slowing down only enough so that Ayasha could change and catch up