Familiar ground in foreign soil
(OOC: Sorry for length, its the combined of two seperate days)
[html]
Date: May 5, 2011 & May 6

Setting: Border of Aniwaya territory

Time: Night and Morning after

Character Form: Lupus

Saxif Goldenfeather carefully wandered the borders of the territory.

She had been wandering these strange lands for a few days hoping to find what she seeks. She thought of turning back at times, her aching belly a reminder of her failed hunt early that evening. She had watched the nearly visible sun set when a scent had caught her attention. Her ears had perked in excitement, she felt the scent was a sign. A signal to the end of her journey. She had bounded roughly through the woods, uncaring of who she would alert. She felt as though she were coming home. As the scents of ceremony grew stronger, her heart became more weary. The surrounding dark trees a reminder that she was not in the familiar tundra of her previous home. The damp breeze seeps through her pale blond fur chilling her but she presses on.

How was she to approach them? She had never witnessed an acceptance into a pack before. She had only seen the slaughter of any who had attempted. As the scent of the border became clear to Saxif, her heart had sunk. She paced uncomfortably, fighting the urge to flee. Would she even know how to submit? Was it the proper thing to do? She flops her rump on a rock. A whimper of distress and worry tickles her throat. She imagines being approached and tries to react instinctively. She drops to her side paws curled in front of her body. She examines the details of her immediate reaction. Saxif rolls her golden eyes at herself. Her tail still raised in regal position, her stiff proud pose still apparent through her body. She tucks her tail under her belly like she had seen the unfortunate souls who happened upon her old tribe. It was uncomfortable and she knew it was wrong. She only hoped she would get it right, she did not want to die before her dream was fulfilled.

Saxif's body relaxed at the thought of her future. Quietly scouting prey, alerting the pack of the approaching chase. Then bounding with her tongue lolled from her jaw from the excitement. Seeing the fear of death but that deep knowing in the eyes of her prey.

Before she knew it she had fallen asleep atop a smooth rock dreaming of the only great hunt she had been a part of before her escape. The hunt that had set her free.

The night passed with little event.

A ray of sun had caused Saxif to arise after a long night filled with dreams of the hunt. She had stretched her front paws forward to their full extent and gave a large yawn. It had occurred to her where she had been sleeping. This prompted her to jump to her feet in a slight fright. She caught her silliness and shook her thick mane, followed by her chest, hips, right to the tip of her tail. Once she was awake she remembered what she had meant to do before she foolishly fell asleep in the open.

Saxif had raised her head to the morning sky. She took in the rays that peeked through the forest that fine spring morning. She had let the howl build up in her throat. Her thoughts had become less fearful compared to the night before. She released the howl; it had come out like it always had when she had called out to others. The howl was strong, friendly, with a bit of excitement. Her happiness had grown; she would finally meet a new pack. She had hopped back and forth unexpectedly her tail wagged with joy. After ten seconds of silent celebrating of her achievement she sat awaiting a response.

There in the shifting rays of the morning sun sat the once daughter of an alpha. Her seemingly golden tips had shone with each ray that touched her fur. She looked remarkable. Now she would finally get her dream. She would become an average young lupus ready to make her own mark in the world.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 388 :: OOC: Liliana is in Optime form, and a picture of her horse can be seen in her profile Smile. And what rank did you want?

Liliana was excited, more than just excited, ecstatic. She was going to be the mother of pups, and not just any pups, but Nayati’s pups! This was a dream come true, to think of having children of her own, and though they still did not have a hut anymore, they still had each other. They would have one soon, now that the weather was warmer. She figured she would take Grace out, before she couldn’t ride pregnant, she wasn’t very noticeable, she was only three or so weeks along after all, but she knew and that’s all that mattered. Nayati and Dawali knew too.

She was passin through the forest when she heard it, quite close too. A howl, a request for something. The dog-wolf’s ears perked up and she turned grace towards the howling of the wolf. The flaxen maned chestnut could feel Lili’s excitement, and in turn showed hers with a quick trot, as fast as she would try to go in the thick forested area. At the sight of the fence and the wolf that called Liliana slowed down and slid off the mare’s back. Coming closer to the wolf she looked her over quietly.

“Hello, I am Liliana Utina, a member here in AniWaya, is there anything I can help you with?”

She asked every word now filled with confidence, the confidence she didn’t have half as much as when she’d left a month ago, but she’d learned so much over in the great tribe, and she felt proud to be an AniWayan even in light of the news that Nayati had given Dawali. Her bushy tail wagged slowly, showing she was friendly, and if anything she’d chase the girl out rather than hurt her. Liliana was part dog after all, her ancestors were not made for fighting, but herding, and she was now the top most rank of the animal care in the whole of Aniwaya, it showed on the cloak that was on her shoulders and the tattoo on her shoulder, the only patch of fur that was missing, and she would continue to show it proudly, though it was more of a painting on her arm then a tattoo, but she hoped to make it perminant, as she was never leaving her duties, or AniWaya.

<style>
.lili-texthorse-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:159px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.lili-texthorse {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.lili-texthorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.lili-texthorse .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.lili-texthorse p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.lili-texthorse b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
WC: 333 Hunting preferably, Saxif is inexperienced so the lowest rank is good ^_^
[html]

Saxif had sat quietly as her tail swept back and forth through the grass. She had been wondering in those short moments; who might approach her? Would they be friendly? She didn’t have to wait long before she heard the noise of an approaching creature. She felt the instinct kick in, she was on the edge of pack territory and was about to meet one of many. Her body reacted like she had hoped. Her head lowered in a respective bow, her tail relaxed between her legs and her front paws moved forward as to keep her shoulders low.

The noise of the approach seemed odd, one she had not heard before. One ear lifted to study the noise. Then she saw them, a large chestnut beast that resembled a long faced doe. It had hair similar to her fur colour draped over its back. She startled and tensed momentarily. She returned to her position immediately when she saw the tricoloured lupreci atop the beast. She looked over the female as she had spoken to her. Saxif felt slightly admirable toward the woman called Liliana. She sat so tall upon the beast. She looked proud and beautiful; she only hoped she would be as pretty as she grew older.

Saxif realized she had been staring and hadn’t responded to the question. She had nearly forgotten the question but answered before she had. Pleasure to meet you Liliana Utina, I am Saxif Goldenfeather. I have travelled a long distance and felt drawn to your borders. I humbly request the opportunity to join your pack if you so choose to accept me. She was unsure if this was the leader but had addressed her as though she were. She would take no chances. She awaited her response holding her submissive stance. It seemed foreign to her but it felt right. The presence of this particular lupreci though gave her a sense of calm, the fear of death had seemed to vanish. Was she finally home?
[/html]
[html]

Hi there! Unfortunately, Liliana broke her PC, so I'm taking over this thread so it moves as fast as possible Smile
Word Count: 339

The walking stick sunk through the path sometimes. It was much too pointed for the softened ground, mushy with the melted snow and flooded river. Mersey lagoon had proved a real challenge just days ago, but Dawali refused to let that stop him. Now that he was up and walking again, he impatiently returned to old habits and old patrol routes, despite the pile of duties that waited for his attention. He just liked to walk. Well, limp, perhaps. But the walking stick was adorned with little beads and feathers, and the rustling of those as he took every step was like music to his ears, despite his need for its support. He did not feel frail, because he was not frail. He was as strong as he had ever been, or so he liked to think.

He'd heard the howl and, curious, he drew nearer. He expected a newcomer and had picked up Liliana's scent before he reached them. It was not difficult to guess what the situation was about, and as he approached he observed the posture of his Master friend, and the greeting the two exchanged. Certainty jolted through his brain as he caught some of the words of the stranger as he finally reached hearing range. "...request the opportunity to join your pack if you so choose to accept me." Well then! Time for Dawali to shine once again. Lord knew Liliana had served her pack well during his illness. It would feel refreshing to take part again. "Greetings." he quite rudely interrupted before Liliana could say a word. He nodded at her and smiled, however, glancing very briefly at her stomach with a spark in his eye. "I am the Chief in this tribe." The red wolf male gave his usual semi-bow. The stranger appeared perfectly respectful. "So, you wish to join us. Tell me, what skills do you possess, with which you can repay us for a home in our village?" The male smiled politely at her, gentle-voiced as always. Still, there was an unmistakable air of authority about him.

<style>
.dawaligohomeooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.dawaligohome p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dawaligohome b {color:#8C6434; letter-spacing:1px;}
.dawaligohome {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#A18651; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:465px;}
.dawaligohomeinner{background-color:#FFDA8F; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... alitab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 110px 0px; border:1px solid #261E0E; width:437px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
WC: 242 Nice to meet you Smile
[html]
As Saxif awaited the lupreci’s response, the pit of her stomach grew tense. It seemed like minutes before a word was uttered, but it had only been seconds. She had startled lightly at the new voice behind Liliana. Her head turned and before her stood a tall slender male supported by cane. His mane was decorated quite beautifully. As she had laid her eyes upon him she knew immediately who this man was before he announced he was Chief. His posture and expression reminded her greatly of her father’s.

She reacted as though she were in her father’s presence. She crossed her paws and curtsied, her posture had been quite formal. She kept her head low as she responded to the great red wolf. Honourable Chief of AniWaya I offer my desire to hunt and provide for my people. Since I was a small pup I have dreamt of nothing else but the hunt. It was why I left my home. So I may have the opportunity to learn. I hope to learn all your teachers have to offer and give back with hearty meals and labour. Her soft young voice had been filled with such a humble pride it seemed to surprise her. Her eyes rose to the snout of the Chief and watched his reaction toward her words. She couldn’t help but to feel in awe of his presence, aged and injured but still he looked so powerful to her.
[/html]
[html]

There we go! Welcome Smile

She curtsied and he nodded approvingly: he had come to be quite used to such gestures by now, and was not uncomfortable with them. At first, he had failed to realize their purpose, but he saw it clearly now. The red wolf male studied her as he considered her words, thinking at first that she might find it difficult to hunt with them in that form. Was she able to take the true form? Perhaps; he couldn't know, but it didn't matter. Ember had hunted on four legs - surely this one could learn to cooperate. He knew Nayati to be a brilliant teacher, so likely this stranger would not have any problems learning. At length, the male nodded quietly, before speaking a few moments thereafter. "Very well. You will report to the Master hunter, Nayati, and do what he asks of you." he stated bluntly, observing the newcomer as he waited for her reaction. "Perhaps Liliana can show you into the Village: I still have some duties to tend to before I return." Duties, well... There were fences to look to, and he yearned to re-map the area.

<style>
.dawaligohomeooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.dawaligohome p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dawaligohome b {color:#8C6434; letter-spacing:1px;}
.dawaligohome {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#A18651; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:465px;}
.dawaligohomeinner{background-color:#FFDA8F; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... alitab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 110px 0px; border:1px solid #261E0E; width:437px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor!