The Hunter
[html]
She had been directed to him by as soon as she mentioned the Chief's request. Her only goal in that moment was to do what was asked of her. Saxif was so curious of the pack land; it took a lot of her might to keep from bounding left and right. Every new place she found in this land was littered with great scents often making her so full of excitement. She couldn’t bear being so formal. She had kept her thoughts on her success to calm herself. She was able to act in a proper manner. Now she would be a part of a pack. A pack she could tell so far was similar to her own.

Her thoughts shifted on the fact she was finally going to learn to hunt properly. Since she was a pup she knew she would be a hunter and would work to become the greatest hunter known to her kind. Her ambition was always clear, even to her old pack mates. Her uncles and their friends alike were impressed by her first hunt. Someone of her age and stature shouldn’t have been able to keep up with the others but she had. She was graceful, swift, though her stubbornness had been apparent through that hunt. Saxif had not cared, because she knew she would be free soon after. She thought of that hunt. The snow that had pelted her snout, the hooves pounding in such close range to her jaws, her father had been beside her growling at her to fall back. But she struck with a swift fury and tore through the flesh of that caribou sweet blood filling her maw, tendons ripping in her teeth. It slowed the beast enough for the pack to swarm it. She had been the victor that day. She rewarded herself with her freedom. Freedom from a life with out the hunt.

When she first laid her eyes upon him she kind of lost her footing but quickly recovered. He was unbelievably gorgeous. The beads and feathers in his mane along with the paint on his face and chest made him look like a true hunter. His presence was filled with a strength she hoped to one day possess. Her heart pounded with excitement. She was about to meet her teacher, the one who would help her dream come true. As she had stopped near him she bowed her head to him respectfully. Words were lost to her in that moment so she remained that way until she would be addressed.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#nayatisilhouette {width:490px; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... titest.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:50px;}
#nayatisilhouette .text {width:360px; margin:0px; margin-left:110px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ite_70.png); background-repeat:repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; text-align:justify;}
#nayatisilhouette .text b {color:#156c7d;}</style>

300+

It had only been a few days since he had returned from his journey to the Great Tribe and he still felt a bit tired. He and Liliana had pushed themselves hard to make the trip as quick as possible and he was only now feeling as if he were regaining his energy. Early in the morning he had left the makeshift hut that he shared with his mate, pale blue gaze looking upon the structure disapprovingly. It had been thrown up in a hurry and was only meant to be temporary, but Nayati had no skill for building and time was of the essence now. Liliana was carrying their pups and they needed a new home before the little ones were born. Perhaps he could find someone in the village today that could help him at least start to construct a new hut for his family.

When he reached the main heart of the village though (or what was still left of the village anyway) not too many other souls were stirring. The Utina was not disappointed though and merely shrugged his shoulders. He could go out on a hunt and then return later to search for help to build a hut. Nayati walked back to the small temporary home that he and Lili shared and retrieved his bow and quiver; it would feel good to hunt on familiar ground once more. The Gadui Kanati wondered how the game trials might have altered in the moon he had been absent when he heard someone approaching.

A golden hued female stopped before him and bowed her head respectfully. Coal nose sniffed and deduced that she must be a new member of the tribe, for she did not yet smell strongly of AniWaya. "Hello, may I help you with something?" She appeared to be on some sort of mission, though what that quest was he could not immediately guess.

[/html]
WC:339

Saxif had felt herself nervous for one of the first times in her life. It seemed to show in her introduction. Greetings I am Saxif Goldenfeather. Our chief has sent me to you because I had hoped to become a hunter’s pupil. She lifts her head realizing how much her voice seemed to crack. She recomposed herself by taking a deep breath. She looked up at the great hunter, his body filled with a pride that so much resembled her uncle’s and father. He was truly a warrior of the hunt, was this what had her so nervous? She had not known for sure.

She was so close to finally learning hands on, not just from stories and late nights of verbal teachings from her Uncle Light. He was the closest she had to a mentor when it came to her dream. Though even he would not have broken the laws of their tribe to even let her touch the traps or leave the grounds. He had defied his Alpha only to a point, but he had also been the inspiration to Saxif’s path. Saxif would be a hunter and Nayati she hoped would be her next step toward that great dream

She was not going to show weakness from this point on she had thought. She would have to prove herself worthy to this wolf so she would do so. She straightened her posture and refilled her body with the strength and pride she so often portrayed. I wish to follow your teachings if you so choose to accept me and give proof of my value to this pack. I am slightly trained in trap building and proper placement but have yet to build one. I have versed myself in the strategies from the stories of my previous pack’s hunts. I hope though, that you oh great Nayati may show me the way to becoming a hunter like yourself. She kept her cool as her heart pounded, awaiting the answer that would either make or break her dream.

#nayatisilhouette {width:490px; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... titest.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:50px;}
#nayatisilhouette .text {width:360px; margin:0px; margin-left:110px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ite_70.png); background-repeat:repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; text-align:justify;}

300+

The younger wolf appeared to be nervous. It seemed at times he had that affect upon others, though it was never his intention to be intimidating. Though as she spoke and introduced herself and her purpose for searching him out it all became more clear. She was a new member, and apparently had chosen the path of the hunter. Until Saxif had appeared just now, Nayati had been the only hunter for some time in the tribe. He had managed fine, but it was always better to have more than one providing for AniWaya. That was even more the case since his mate was expecting puppies and he would be focusing more on her eating and well being until their children were born. Saxif's nerves were now understandable, for he likely would have also been nervous if their roles had been reversed. He remembered well when he had gone and asked to train under the experienced hunters in the Great Tribe.

Soon the wolfess gathered her strength and courage though, and spoke again with more fervor and confidence than she had just moments before. When she called him "great" he almost laughed, but wrestled that response back down into his chest; he did not want Saxif to think that he was laughing at her. "I would be happy to teach you the ways of the hunter Saxif," he said genially. She already had the most important tool, which was the desire to learn. "So tell me, what form do you prefer to hunt in?" Many in these parts seemed to prefer their four legged forms, and as she was in that form at the moment he was curious to see if she were the same. If that were so, he would not be able to teach her his particular way of hunting, but that could be worked around.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 336 Sorry for the slow response been hectic lately

The wolf spoke with an envious strength that put her in a state of awe. She didn’t know if it was the fact that she knew he was an experienced hunter or if it was just how he was to most. Relief washed over her as he accepted her request. It felt as though years of being told no you cannot had suddenly blown away. Her dream was that much closer and soon she would be able to call herself a hunter, a provider. Soon she hoped she would be beneficial to her new pack.

I am currently quite fond of my swifter Secui form and is commonly taught in my land. Though I feel I must learn more about the weapons others wield and how to use them in the hunt. So I hope learn to be more versatile, so if you can teach me the ways of the hunt in my two legged form I feel it would benefit my learning and give me a range of skills in each form. She wasn’t sure if she explained that properly, she had a tendency to get confused in her words when she felt lesser to someone.

Forgive me I hope that makes sense. She smiled politely her skin heated slightly beneath her fur. She had shifted her eyes up to the tall blue marked male, taking notice to his matching eyes for the first time. They looked upon her with a similar brightness her uncle Light had once given her the night she had been caught sneaking in their trappers cave. He was the only one who had not been angry with her and the only one who defended her. She knew that this man would be a great inspiration to her as her uncle had been. It was his eyes that sealed her confidence; she would be a hunter and a great one at that. Her smile grew emotions building but she held her poise. Thank you so much for accepting my offer sir.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Don't worry about it at all! My muse hasn't been cooperating so I have been a slowpoke too 300+

Nayati had always been a wolf who was sure of himself and his abilities, but that was not to say that he was cocky or big-headed. The Gadui Kanati was not full of himself and did not believe that he was someone any soul need idolize or respect more than usual. He did what he did not for his own glory, but for the good of those he loved and for the good of the tribe. It had always been his drive to help others and provide for them, instilled in the man early in his life due to the fact he was the first son and only surviving child of his parent's first litter. He had taken the path of the hunter for their sake and now he would teach new hunters to help AniWaya as a whole thrive.

He listened intently as Saxif explained her current preferences and desires for the future of her learning. The Utina was impressed that she wished to learn to hunt with tools even though she was used to using her other form. Having an aptitude in both forms of hunting would be quite useful and allow her great versatility in any situations she found herself in. "It makes perfect sense. I myself hunt only in this form and I have a great skill with most of the tools used for hunting; at least those that the tribe commonly uses. I can teach you the use of a fishing net, a spear, and of course the bow and arrow," he said nodded his head to the quiver and bow strung across his body.

Saxif seemed to grow in confidence and happiness the longer they talked and he was pleased to see her relax in his presence. There was no need for her to walk upon eggshells on his account. "There is truly no need to thank me, though you are welcome, and please just call me Nayati." Formalities were well and good, but he had no qualms with her calling him by his name.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 230+

Saxif felt greatly relieved that the hunter would be able to teach her a new form of hunt. She often pictured herself joining the massive whale hunt in the winter before her grandmother passed. It was the most dangerous of hunts but it was what had kept her pack alive in the tundra while animals migrated and slept. She pictured her father and her uncles in their optime forms holding their large spears. It was the only hunt they used weapons and it had sparked the most awe from her as a pup. Now she would get to learn not only a spear but a bow as well. She looked up thoughtfully at the blue marked wolf. I’m pretty aware of how to make fishing net but haven’t had the chance to learn the placement or live use so that will be great. As for the spear and bow forgive me a moment. She bounded and bounced unable to hold back her excitement. Her youthful delight a comical scene not common to her. She often saved this behaviour for peers.

She shook her thick neck and looked up at Nayati with an embarrassed smile hoping he didn’t find her outburst disrespectful. She was completely and utterly serious to do what she could to move forward in her learning. It was her life to be a hunter. When do we begin? Her tail wagged enthusiastically as she awaited his response. She wondered if they would fast track or if she would have to prove herself. She wondered what duties she would be given, what her responsibilities would be as a hunter in Aniwaya. Her body slightly wiggled along with her tail.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Of all of the tools of his trade, the fishing nets were the thing he was the least skilled with, though he did still know how to use them effectively. When fishing he personally preferred to use a spear. It may take more time and effort, but Nayati enjoyed the challenge of using the spear as opposed to simply setting out a net and waiting for the river and the fish to do his work for him. He wouldn't have an issue teaching Saxif the method though, and it seemed she already had some small experience with such things. He looked at her quizzically when she asked to be excused though soon it was clear why she had said as much. This time the Gadui Kanati could not stop the hearty chuckle that made its way forth from his lips; the new Tsisdu Kanati's exuberance was infectious.

When Saxif got a rein on her emotions again and asked when they would start her training, the Utina nodded in the direction of the village proper. "We can begin now. Follow me." Nayati lead the way to the Town Hall and quickly ducked inside to grab one of the spare bows and quivers that the tribe had stored. He walked back outside with the instruments in hand and looked to his new pupil. "Shift forms and we can begin your practice with the bow." The bow and arrow was his specialty, so he thought it best to start there with her.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 582. Sorry for the wait

Saxif nodded her head at the order; she turned around to hide her discomfort. She wasn’t sure if shifting was as personal to the others here as it had been in her homeland. She hadn’t wanted to offend the wolf by running off, so she started her change pretending the hunter was not there. It had started in her back as her muscles rolled and shifted to form new balance for the limbs. Her hips became more defined with muscle as her chest stretched to compensate for the future angle of her arms. When the pops and cracks of bones shifting and stretching began she had known it had been a couple minutes. She didn’t shift often but every time she had it was quite the experience. The slight pain of it like a sigh of relief to stretch to one’s fullest potential.

She liked her petite form but the thought of the versatility her two-legged form had always excited her. She used to like climbing trees with her friend causing the guards to grow anxious. They didn’t want to have to explain how they allowed the Alpha’s pup to climb a tree like a squirrel only to fall from one under their watch. It wasn’t a common act but Saxif always saw the potential in her new hands. She watched as her fingers began to form above the dirt curling them into the ground to feel the coolness below the grass. Her mother always found it odd when Saxif use to touch everything in every possible way, a branch, snow and her food. Saxif’s mother added it to her verbal list of ‘the strange things my daughter does’ that she often spouted to the young hunter’s sister or father. It was a common list that grew at each dinner further adding to her mother’s disgust of having a strange girl. Her clan often hunted the old fashion way but she saw the potential of their hands. It is what had made her decision so simple when the hunter who stood near asked her which form she wanted to learn in.

She took a breath of relief as the final of her muscles and bones shifted. She stood from her crouch that she often stayed in for comfort and turned to face the wolf. From the look of her fur in her lupus form he must have thought her as all fluff, but now that her fur smoothed and settled. It was obvious the girl was not just a fluff ball but also a surprising amount of bulked muscle she had worked on everyday. She pushed her hair back behind her ears. Most fell to her shoulders but a bunch at the top of her head fell forward again over her eye. She absentmindedly moved the bunch to the center of her forehead. It was the only place it would stay for a longer period of time. She placed her hands on her well-defined hips and smiled. I am ready. Was all she had to say before she approached the hunter as he prepared for their training. She carefully looked over the bow as though it were a precious object that was just being discovered. She looked up at the male almost in shock as though she couldn’t believe this was going to happen. This is it Saxif. This is your future. She smiled yet again, a smile so bright and youthful like nothing could destroy her world from this point on.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]